Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Productive Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Everyday you get to meet different customers and get to know them by hearing there stories about Girl Scouts. You get to listen and share stories with Girl Scouts about camp, cookie season, nut season, etc
Pros
Positive enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful & Friendly Work Environment
Council Shop Sales Associate & Council Associae (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Days are super busy and there is always something to do. Putting your time into something worth while and also getting paid to do it is awesome!
There is always an incentive day where the employees are celebrated.
Pros
Special Holidays off, self lead opportunity
Leading women for success
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 14, 2017
As a troop leader it is very gratifying to see the girls empower and lead one another. I do not get paid to be a troop leader, I am a volunteer.
Pros
Empowerment, leadership, personal gr
Cons
Delay in information
Fun Place To Work
Activity Specalist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day consists of preparation of equipment, enforcement of safety, and ensuring a fun memorable time for all participants. I've earned a great deal of skills by working with this organization, such as leadership skills, public communication, and handling situations of all types. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with participants and sharing my love of the great outdoors with each and every one of them!
great way to get some volunteer hours
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2017
during my time vulnteering with girl scouts of Rhode island I i have learened different skills, i would highly recomend volunteering.
Pros
great trips
Cons
paper work
second review
Part time Field Director/Berkeley County (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2017
girl scouts is a great place to work. most ppl would think it is a volunteer position. however, the pay is better than most believe. you get to meet lots of ppl.
Fun and empowering
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Great company to volunteer for. Coordinate and conduct troop meetings, experience and outings focused on building girls self-esteem, community involvement, life and outdoor skills
Solicit corporate and public donations, secure parent involvement and participation in activities and annual cookie and fall product sales
Easy work, Poor Communication
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 3, 2017
The workload was easy to deal with from a week to week basis. The only problem was that my supervisor and I wouldn't talk that much during the week. She set up the appointments and I went. It called her once for a problem and it was fixed quickly.
I already reviewed this company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2016
I already wrote a review for this company, but let me tell you again how awesome it was to work with Girl Scouts. They are a very inclusive group of people and ready to help out other troops in any way that they can.

So many people are drawn to the positive energy of Girl Scouts.
Terrible
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 30, 2016
I was a girl scout when I was younger and I loved it. When I started working as a lifeguard for a girl scouts summer camp I changed my mind. They paid me less than minimum wage and on over nights we didn't get paid at all, but if you went home they cut your pay. There were terrible unnecessary rules and definitely not worth your time.
A fun and easy experience for everyone involved!
Daisy Troop Leader, Troop 53308 (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORDecember 20, 2016
The Girl Scouts makes learning and leadership fun. Compared with other volunteer roles I've held, there was far less red tape with this organization, which created an environment filled with less stress and more experiences.
Great work life balance especially for employees that have children
Internal Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PADecember 19, 2016
Great place to work although there is not a lot of advancement opportunities. Membership has been on the decline over the last 10 years. We do not get compensated for if we outperform our goals. I have learned how a non-profit works and have experienced an operational reorganization just last year. The hardest part of the job is working hard to obtain my overall performance goals, and not get a monetary increase for my performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is my supervisor who encourages us to think outside of the box and always asks for your input into our processes and everyday work.
Pros
great work life balance; lots of vacation time
Cons
no monetary increase in pay for outstanding performance
Wonderful group of employees
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 14, 2016
Dedicated, hard working, committed to the values of Girl Scouting.
Wonderful to be able to make a difference in a girl's life with the programs provided.
New Adventures
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 14, 2016
While working for the Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia I was able to learn about different cultures of the campers that came to the summer camp. I started as a camp counselor and when the office and other offices decided to merge together a lot of people were laid off including myself.
Pros
Travel between other camps
Cons
Job security was low
rewarding
Volunteer leader's assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethalto, ILDecember 9, 2016
Volunteering with the Girl Scouts was fun and a worthwhile experience. It was rewarding to watch the girls in troop 388 grow by developing skills and confidence that they will use throughout their lives.
Fun place to work
Wrangler (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 9, 2016
Before it became Girl Scouts of the USA being a girl scout and working for them was an opportunity never to forget. I had the opportunity to meet with girls from all over the world and learn about their culture. My favorite part about camp was being around the horses. As a little girl i grew up on a horse ranch out in Redland, OK. So it never felt like i was away from home. I got along with a lot of my co- workers. I loved my job so much that none of it was hard except for when summer was over and we had to go back to our normal lives. Every bit of the job was more then enjoyable. I would never trade my experience for anything.
Volunteer with All Aged Girls
GIRL SCOUT AND LEADER (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 8, 2016
On a typical day, I volunteer to help the girls in Middletown become valuable members of society. In doing so, I have to keep myself organized and direct. There is money handling that occurs and the women back at the Girl Scout Council are always willing to help. I think the best part about this position is being able to have a steady hand in influencing the adolescence of the neighborhood.
Great Culture
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
Great people to work with. Many learning opportunities. The programs they provide serve to empower girls. My years at GSUSA were very enjoyable.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2016
My co workers were great to work with. The atmosphere of Girl Scouts Louisiana East was laid back and fun. Everyone worked hard and helped each other out with anything they needed.
Great experience helps with people skills
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLNovember 29, 2016
Girl Scouts really helped me with my people's skills being around other girls my age was new for me since I grew up an only child. It was such a great experience to go camping and do other activities as a group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Girl Scouts of the USA Reviews by Location