Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

management like revolving door
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 20, 2017
Price of membership is going up but services are lacking!!!! requirements are becoming more stringent. No wonder girls want to join boy scouts!!!!1!!
Must love changing environment
Sales Marketing Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Working with the Girl Scouts is an ever changing landscape. There are a lot of changes that are mandatory by GSUSA based in New York, and others that management is trying to instill to make internal restructures more smooth. Overall if you can work well in a changing environment, then you will do very well here. They have a positive work environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule with many off days
Cons
Executive management is detached from ground level employees
This is not a job just a club
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
This is a club that little girls join through their senior year of high school. So there is no pay its just a fun thing to learn communication and learner skills
Very good company
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2017
There is alot of support in the company. I felt that I could always depend on my supervisor and others to aide and support me through things I wasn't aware of or didn't know.
I would not recommend this Job.
Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2017
GSLE is a great place for Girl Scouts, however the management was awful. I was not a happy place to work for. I loved my volunteers and the GSLE community, but the in house employees are awful
Girl Scouts
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed being in Girl Scouts and I was a member for 12 years. It taught me a lot about courage, determination, and leadership. It helped me learn about myself and the community I live in.
Great working at resident camp
Assistant C.I.T. Director (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 12, 2017
The days start early and end late depending on the group of campers you have, but it is worth the lack of sleep. Management is supportive and always willing to make accommodations as needed. The hardest part of the job is the physical exhaustion. However, it becomes so minute when you are rewarded with the experience of getting to know the wonderful campers and how they change your life for the better.
Pros
Swimming, crafts, great meals
Cons
The heat can drain you
Making a Difference
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2017
I loved working for Girl Scouts of Colorado, with the relaxed and goal orientated work place. It made going to work enjoyable, and I friendly. I enjoyed being able to work in the office, then go out and work with children. It was a grate balance for office and hands on work.
Review
Troop Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2017
The Girl Scouts is a nice place to work and volunteer. I was a member as a child and this attracted me to volunteer for the organization. I would recommend it to others.
Fun awesome place to work
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Typical day for me, wake the girl up, take them to flag and breakfast, go about our activities for the day, including canoeing, archery, art and crafts, low ropes, swimming, and many more, they would get lunch and dinner, and then a night time activity, then get them in the showers and ready for bed. It was a blast and I love going back every year.
Super fun and loving environment.
Girl Scout Camp Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZOctober 3, 2017
Was an amazing experience.
I learned a lot about getting along with others, and also it was amazing The only hard part were when some of the other workers were not so kind to other people, and the cliques that we had. The most enjoyable part was getting to know other people, and also being able to help and watch the girls grow.
Ok, place to work
Outreach Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJOctober 2, 2017
Potential to be a great place, however this council has not had great leadership and direction.

Great place to learn about volunteer run programs.
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Receivable Coordinator - Temporary Role (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2017
Very relaxed work environment. Not stressed at all. I spend most of the day sitting down doing data entry or filing. My supervisor was super friendly and she answered all my questions. I loved everyone there. Everyone there was super friendly. I was very sad leaving that place after almost 10 months but it was a temp position after all.
Pros
relaxed
Volunteer
Volunteer Office Manager/Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed serving in this capacity. The experiences working with diversed culture's from around the world was very informative, relevant, and unforgettable.
Girl Scout Leader
Girl Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2017
A volunteer position that provides leadership and guidance to young scouts. Mentoring includes supervision of numerous field trips and badges, as well as communicating with the community and parents.
Girl Scouts
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GASeptember 26, 2017
I never worked here I was just in Girls Scouts for over six years and enjoyed the activities and events they had. Being in Girl Scouts shows the girls how to become a leader.
Good
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harrisville, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Working as a camp counselor for the girl scouts was a great summer experience and job. It allowed you to learn how to manage a group of people and your time wisely.
Girl Scouts Needs to Modernize
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Girl Scouts has a wonderful mission. However, There is a disconnect with modern life. It can no longer rely on a model where stay-at-home moms volunteer to lead each troop.
In General
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
I love working with GS and always have been. Ever since I have bridged to an adult, I can now do more than I could have done with the troops and the girls. I am now the Teen Representative for my Older Girl Scout Committee for my service unit because I wanted a committee for older girls.
Pros
working with other girls, flexible
Cons
not everyone can agree, schdules are crazy
Fun workplace
Community Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Gssjc very much, the opportunities to expand knowledge and also to network are endless, but having a life balance is difficult as a Community Engagement Manager.
Pros
great vacation package
Cons
difficult to balance life for the hours required on this position