Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Great hanging with girls of diffent ages
Staff (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Being around all those girls of differnt ages and back rounds was a real eye opener. I never knew what they did until I became a girl scout and had a blast doing so many fun activietys, such as hiking, swiming, and arts and crafts.
Pros
loved every minute of it.
Cons
to short of time with the girls
Enjoyable work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2012
I was secretary to the International Coordinator. I translated Spanish and French correspondence and assisted the Coordinator in the orientation and debriefing of outgoing and returning scouts on international trips. I would occasionally take scouts to the airports for their trips and pick them up on their way back. My co-workers were very easy to work with. Most enjoyable was interacting with all the young scouts and talking with them about their adventures.
Pros
exciting, positive work
fun place and worked with children
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Helped Children have a fun experience making friends and crafts. I learned how to deal with children with all different abilities and backgrounds. Every one you worked with was nice. The hardest part was trying to help girls who were getting frustrated in an activities The most enjoyable was working with girls and helping them learn and grow every day.
Pros
working with children
Helping out the community
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 5, 2013
I would go in and help my troop earn badges and with cookie sales both of my daughters were in Girl Scouts and loved it so I joined as a leader.Its great getting to work with kids.learned alot with the Girl Scouts but most of all about helping the community.There wasnt anything hard about it I just enjoy helping the Kids and Community
Pros
helping community and working with kids.
Positive work experience. Was able to teach children.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
Working for Girl Scouts was a wonderful experience. Upon accepting the job offer, there were certain responsibilities that I was not made aware of. Still, I fell in love with the job and was able to work with adults and children. I loved being able to provide assistance to the children. I was happy to make a difference in the community. Management was excellent.
Great atmosphere and much learning in the leadership department
Co-Lead of Girl Scout Group/ Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 23, 2013
I was able to learn a lot about being in a leadership role and worked hard constantly while enjoying nature and teaching little girls.
Pros
loved the out doors and leadership roles
Cons
not much time to rest or shower
Fun and creative way to spend extra time
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 8, 2015
The company was great to work with as a young child to help learn personable skills. The Girl Scouts teaches young girls what it is like for adults whom have to sell merchandise for a living; as well as teach them how to work amongst others.
Productive, team/family orientated staff and wonderful management and leadership
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 24, 2015
No day was ever a typical day at GSHPA which is what made the job the most interesting. I extremely enjoyed being a part of an organization that gives back to the community.
Pros
Everything; honestly
Cons
no cons; honestly
GOod experience working with young girls.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen,TXApril 2, 2013
Being in the Girl Scouts gave me a lot of experience in working with young girls. Once we were old enough, it was our job to look after and instruct these girls the way we were instructed when we were young. I can use this towards a professional job someday.
good environment
Volunteer Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2013
I Roneshia, were a Volunteer for the Girl Scouts of the USA. I worked with the daisies.The kids loved me and I was attached. We did different activities such as planting daisies , going on field trips, going to the park. We did a lot of educational things.

Want to know more about Girl Scouts of the USA?

Ask a question
Fun in the sun
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington,MDFebruary 15, 2013
I assisted the camp leader with bathroom breaks, assigning chores, helping with arts and craft, as well as organization. It was a good experience for me, helped me to really appreciate nature, and being outdoors. I also made a lot of friends, as well as, friendships.
I was able to work with great staff and built lasting friendships.
Adult Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
Overall i would recommend Girl Scouts to anyone who is interested in working with girls. The program provided is valuable to girls.
Pros
Flexible hours and staff, customers were great to work with!
Cons
Sometimes you have to work weekends
Activity
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDApril 25, 2015
Had meetings once a month to discuss cookies sales and volunteer work around the community. We have cleaned up communities, volunteered at nursing homes for the elderly, feed and clothed the homeless, and numerous other volunteer activities around the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.
Compensation, Benefits, HRIS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2012
A typical day consist of assiting employees with questions concern Benefits and HRIS related issues.

I provide the utmost customer service to all employees.

I thrive on timelines. Work well under pressure. Multi tasking is my specialty.
I was not employed by the Girl Scouts.
Brownie Girl Scout Troop Assistant Leader (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 11, 2012
I was a member of the Girl Scouts of America. I learned many factors of life that I would use in many parts of my life. It was fun making friends and having great troop leaders.
Pros
a great experience.
Cons
parades, walking was exhausting!
Productive,busy,and enjoyable.
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work was very productive and busy. I believe that the hardest part of the job would be driving around the metroplex. Other than that making presentations and setting up appointments was enjoyable. My co-workers very friendly and helpful.
Volunteer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 7, 2016
I have never worked for the Girl Scouts of the USA. I volunteered for them throughout my years at North Dakota State University. Focused on building confidence, educating them about college, careers, doing fun holiday activities as well.
Productive and fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 2, 2015
It was a great experience joining Girl Scouts of the USA, it gave me great life experiences, and I learned a lot from doing the volunteer work. My fellow troop members had become not only become friends but family.
Pros
Fun
Cons
N/A
Fun job!
Girl Scout Leader - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 10, 2015
I had the opportunity to work with girls of varied ages from 6 to 12 years old. We did a lot of fun projects and went to many fun places for the girls to learn and experience many aspects of life.
It was an okay program
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2013
Overall this program as well as group was okay. We did a lot of great activities but the overall group wasn't as great as I had thought. The group leaders weren't very helpful when it came to getting help for things,

4.5