Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employer Reviews

It was an okay program
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2013
Overall this program as well as group was okay. We did a lot of great activities but the overall group wasn't as great as I had thought. The group leaders weren't very helpful when it came to getting help for things,
Good
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Fresno,CaNovember 26, 2013
Great place to volunteer.People are friendly and understaning
enjoyed being the people and the workers.
just a member (Former Employee), don't rememberNovember 11, 2013
Pros: very protective with us, did there jobs very well
Cons: nothing bad at all
I had fun being outdoors and the activities that we did,like being with different people and made a lot of friends,learn different things that we did.
working with children
co-leader (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: all
teaching and molding young ladies to be the best they can be for themselves and all others that cross their lifes path.
good environment
Volunteer Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2013
I Roneshia, were a Volunteer for the Girl Scouts of the USA. I worked with the daisies.The kids loved me and I was attached. We did different activities such as planting daisies , going on field trips, going to the park. We did a lot of educational things.
Great Place to work
Leader (Former Employee), TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexible
Fun, loving, and caring environment.
Management is very helpful and friendly.
This is the easiest job.
Girl Scout Troop Leader
Girl Scout Leader, Troop (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: organization provided scholarships
Cons: fundraisers were mandatory to support troop's needs.
Awesome experience while serving as a volunteer Troop Leader; enjoyed mentoring and guiding girls to become professionals and to begin thinking about their future.
This was one of the best experiences of my life !
Co-Leader (Former Employee), Suffolk,VASeptember 19, 2013
I loved being a Girl Scout it was so much fun. Very creative and educational all at the same time. The field trips and museums was all amazing best experience. I became a Troop Leader and I enjoyed guiding others in the right direction. Wish It could still be Girl Scouts for others now to learn and experience what I had .
Girl Scouts helps Girls be more motivated.
Volunteer Co-Leader (Current Employee), West Linn, ORSeptember 10, 2013
My Girls love the things you do and learn in Girl Scouts, I helped the girls get to the goals they wanted to accomplish.
All positions impacted as GSUSA works to bridge gap between a dysfunctional culture & its outstanding values, award winning GS Leadership Experience.
Internal Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: know how to develop award winning programs and resource materials even if late to the party.
Cons: need to build effective collaboration with council staff, volunteers, alumni and funders for more timely communication, consensus, changes and funding.
I worked with an outstanding team and knowledgeable colleagues at National and the councils to build capacity and support the second century of Girl Scouting. No two days are the same, which attracted me to the position. I learned that the rate of change in the youth services field requires communication and change management to be accelerated, strengthened – more... and ongoing to keep up with and perhaps even get ahead of the curve.

I usually found the change management process tedious, incomplete, poorly integrated and very frustrating. Talented individuals face a constant uphill battle with a dysfunctional culture that waters down the Movement's superb values. Inefficiencies multiply from inadequate leadership, management, communication, funding and technology. The October 1 launch of a new customer-focused, project-based transformation is designed to yield the desired changes in culture and ways of work necessary to support our girls with the award winning Girl Scout Leadership Experience program and materials for another century.

The best part of any job at Girl Scouts is seeing the many ways our GIRLS impact our world. – less
It is a great place that gives opportunities to girls
Registrar/Retail Asst (Former Employee), INAugust 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with the girls and watching them develop into young ladies of our future.
ok
Administrative Assistant/Shop Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2013
it was a work study job and it was ok i would have rather not worked there but it was a job
I liked it
Helper (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 13, 2013
Setting up flowers was very exciting. I enjoy making thing pretty.
building
Volunteer (Former Employee), Darby, PAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, nice trips
Cons: non
A typical day at volunteering with my girl scouts was we really worked hard to make sure that we served the elderly well when we were caring for them. When we sold cookies , we were committed , it was a fierce competition, because different troops were also selling cookies , plus we were competing against each other.
I learned how to do business , and – more... how to work with others. My fellow volunteers were great. The hardiest part I would have to say is leaving the girl scouts. The most enjoyable part was getting together on different activities. – less
volunteer postion
Cookie manager/leader volunteer (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 9, 2013
Pros: making a difference
Cons: no pay
Flexible, fun, the best part was knowing you were making a difference in girls lives.
I love surfing
Senior Citizen Home (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJune 29, 2013
Surfing and Girl scouts was fun, I also enjoy Colorguard and Arts and Crafts. I'm very active and love the out doors
it was a good experience
Girl scout particpant (Former Employee), Sonora, CAJune 19, 2013
Being apart of Girl scouts taught me how to work hard with the reward of being able to work. I also learned how to appreciate the small things.
great atmosohere
planner (Former Employee), new yorkJune 12, 2013
Great experience, loved working with the children, very good staff
Chanllenging work environment
Mission Delivery Manager of Program (Former Employee), FLMay 18, 2013
Not a typical 9-5 assignment. Worked both in office and from home as necessary.
a learning experience
Girl Scouts (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 7, 2013
learned that everyone is the same
we are all one
there are people that really care about you
you can always have a friend in the girl scouts
learned leadership