Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employer Reviews

All positions impacted as GSUSA works to bridge gap between a dysfunctional culture & its outstanding values, award winning GS Leadership Experience.
Internal Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: know how to develop award winning programs and resource materials even if late to the party.
Cons: need to build effective collaboration with council staff, volunteers, alumni and funders for more timely communication, consensus, changes and funding.
I worked with an outstanding team and knowledgeable colleagues at National and the councils to build capacity and support the second century of Girl Scouting. No two days are the same, which attracted me to the position. I learned that the rate of change in the youth services field requires communication and change management to be accelerated, strengthened – more... and ongoing to keep up with and perhaps even get ahead of the curve.

I usually found the change management process tedious, incomplete, poorly integrated and very frustrating. Talented individuals face a constant uphill battle with a dysfunctional culture that waters down the Movement's superb values. Inefficiencies multiply from inadequate leadership, management, communication, funding and technology. The October 1 launch of a new customer-focused, project-based transformation is designed to yield the desired changes in culture and ways of work necessary to support our girls with the award winning Girl Scout Leadership Experience program and materials for another century.

The best part of any job at Girl Scouts is seeing the many ways our GIRLS impact our world. – less
It is a great place that gives opportunities to girls
Registrar/Retail Asst (Former Employee), INAugust 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with the girls and watching them develop into young ladies of our future.
ok
Administrative Assistant/Shop Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2013
it was a work study job and it was ok i would have rather not worked there but it was a job
I liked it
Helper (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 13, 2013
Setting up flowers was very exciting. I enjoy making thing pretty.
building
Volunteer (Former Employee), Darby, PAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, nice trips
Cons: non
A typical day at volunteering with my girl scouts was we really worked hard to make sure that we served the elderly well when we were caring for them. When we sold cookies , we were committed , it was a fierce competition, because different troops were also selling cookies , plus we were competing against each other.
I learned how to do business , and – more... how to work with others. My fellow volunteers were great. The hardiest part I would have to say is leaving the girl scouts. The most enjoyable part was getting together on different activities. – less
volunteer postion
Cookie manager/leader volunteer (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 9, 2013
Pros: making a difference
Cons: no pay
Flexible, fun, the best part was knowing you were making a difference in girls lives.
I love surfing
Senior Citizen Home (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJune 29, 2013
Surfing and Girl scouts was fun, I also enjoy Colorguard and Arts and Crafts. I'm very active and love the out doors
it was a good experience
Girl scout particpant (Former Employee), Sonora, CAJune 19, 2013
Being apart of Girl scouts taught me how to work hard with the reward of being able to work. I also learned how to appreciate the small things.
great atmosohere
planner (Former Employee), new yorkJune 12, 2013
Great experience, loved working with the children, very good staff
Chanllenging work environment
Mission Delivery Manager of Program (Former Employee), FLMay 18, 2013
Not a typical 9-5 assignment. Worked both in office and from home as necessary.
a learning experience
Girl Scouts (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 7, 2013
learned that everyone is the same
we are all one
there are people that really care about you
you can always have a friend in the girl scouts
learned leadership
Encouragement to young girls
Troop Leader (Former Employee), TennesseeApril 10, 2013
I had never been a girl scout before so entering this I did not know what to expect. I wish I had more guidance.
GOod experience working with young girls.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Harlingen,TXApril 2, 2013
Being in the Girl Scouts gave me a lot of experience in working with young girls. Once we were old enough, it was our job to look after and instruct these girls the way we were instructed when we were young. I can use this towards a professional job someday.
Organization for guiding young girls in various life skills
Assistant Troop Leader for Girl Scout Troop (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMarch 26, 2013
In troop meetings we learn about various things, such as camping skills, first aid, sewing, dealing with interpersonal conflict, cooking, safety, computer skills, and artistic expression.
Helping out the community
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 5, 2013
Pros: helping community and working with kids.
I would go in and help my troop earn badges and with cookie sales both of my daughters were in Girl Scouts and loved it so I joined as a leader.Its great getting to work with kids.learned alot with the Girl Scouts but most of all about helping the community.There wasnt anything hard about it I just enjoy helping the Kids and Community
It was a great learning experience growing up.
Member (Former Employee), anaheim, CaFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and making friends
Cons: the cliques
I learned different objectives from joining in the 1st grade until now. We would hold meetings every week on a certain day and talk about up coming events and create different activities from the younger girls. Being in girl scouts gives a large leadership role because you're asked to do so many things that involve being on your own and in charge of – more... a group of girls including yourself. The hardest part would be maintaining a pace. Once you start going, it's hard to stop at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is seeing people with large smiles on their faces because you get the satisfaction you put that there. – less
Fun in the sun
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Fort Washington,MDFebruary 15, 2013
I assisted the camp leader with bathroom breaks, assigning chores, helping with arts and craft, as well as organization. It was a good experience for me, helped me to really appreciate nature, and being outdoors. I also made a lot of friends, as well as, friendships.
Fun volunteer work!
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Current Employee), Durant, IAFebruary 5, 2013
You get to interact while teaching girls new habits of life and cultures!
Great atmosphere and much learning in the leadership department
Co-Lead of Girl Scout Group/ Camp Counselor (Former Employee), FLJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: loved the out doors and leadership roles
Cons: not much time to rest or shower
I was able to learn a lot about being in a leadership role and worked hard constantly while enjoying nature and teaching little girls.
Educational
Girl Scout (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Helped to build my character
keeps young women out of trouble