Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

A Productive place to work
San Jacinto Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Its a great place to work for, its a great opportunity for any house wife to work at the girls scouts, I learned how the girl scouts where made and sold the cookie, the customer service was productive, the best part was we got our cookies first. the hours where flexible.
Always on your feet
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Maineville, OHSeptember 12, 2016
I love working for Girl Scouts. You learn so many new things while being there. Attending the camp over the summer really opened my eyes to see how much the girls you watch look up to you. Every minute you spend with them is an impact on their lives as well as your own. I also had a blast meeting and hanging out with international staff and learning about their cultures. The food at camp wasn't always the greatest and having to move my stuff all over the place wasn't that awesome, but the memories and all the steps I got on my fitbit was well worth every minute.
Pros
Hanging out with new people from around the world
Cons
Too much drama
A fun and easy experience for everyone involved!
Daisy Troop Leader, Troop 53308 (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORDecember 20, 2016
The Girl Scouts makes learning and leadership fun. Compared with other volunteer roles I've held, there was far less red tape with this organization, which created an environment filled with less stress and more experiences.
Great mix between corporate and creative industries
Fund Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2016
This was my favorite position that I have had. I had great relationships with all of my co-workers, and a really great relationship with my boss. We were all a team working towards the same goals for the company. It was a true team environment and I would love to find a similar situation now.
Pros
Great office location and fun afterhours work events.
Cons
No overtime, with some long hours.
Easy work, Poor Communication
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 3, 2017
The workload was easy to deal with from a week to week basis. The only problem was that my supervisor and I wouldn't talk that much during the week. She set up the appointments and I went. It called her once for a problem and it was fixed quickly.
Productive Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Everyday you get to meet different customers and get to know them by hearing there stories about Girl Scouts. You get to listen and share stories with Girl Scouts about camp, cookie season, nut season, etc
Pros
Positive enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJFebruary 6, 2017
No complaints as a call center representative. Very relaxed environment and understanding management. Thorough training and no need to be afraid of asking questions or making mistakes.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Half the Staff had to Leave Before Management Noticed a Problem
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mahomet, ILAugust 13, 2016
My co-counselors and assistant director were the best team I have ever worked beside. However, management is not willing to help their employees until the camp is absolutely desperate. For example when three employees step down from their roles within two weeks. The returning staff were given special treatment. They could consistently show up late and disappear during the day without repercussions whereas, if a new staff member was 8 minutes late they would have to scrub toilets. The Girl Scouts organization at least in central Illinois, fails to embody the girl scout law.
Pros
Meet cool people, Girl Scout cookies, S'mores, Opportunity to make a difference in girls lives, Room and Board
Cons
Stressful environment, Favoritism, Bug bites, No wifi in staff lodge
regional management does not listen to local feet on the ground employees
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 29, 2016
supervisor for this position has extremely bad habit of not listening to her team members. this supervisor adds job requirements that are NOT in job description at will. this supervisor micro manages this team. this supervisor's ability to listen to her team concerning recruitment in this area of Texas is zero. this job is for someone who likes to be a puppet
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
fort worth supervisor demands too much time from personal family time outside office hours
Great experience helps with people skills
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLNovember 29, 2016
Girl Scouts really helped me with my people's skills being around other girls my age was new for me since I grew up an only child. It was such a great experience to go camping and do other activities as a group.
Wonderful Organization
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2016
I'm a big believer in values, in which Girl Scouts Builds Girls of Courage, Confidence and Character who makes the world a better place. The opportunities in which they offer through programing for our merging leaders of tomorrow are truly amazing.
Pros
Support through projects
Cons
N/A
Key Points
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2017
• Head JV/Assistant Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
• Teach rules, skills and sportsmanship of the game to the team
• Mentor the teammates in school etc
Pros
Working with kids is awesome.
Cons
Working with kids is awesome.
rewarding
Volunteer leader's assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethalto, ILDecember 9, 2016
Volunteering with the Girl Scouts was fun and a worthwhile experience. It was rewarding to watch the girls in troop 388 grow by developing skills and confidence that they will use throughout their lives.
Great experience
Leader (Former Employee) –  Sumner, IASeptember 21, 2016
I worked with girls to help build self-esteem, to help them and encourage them. It was rewarding and full-filling. You gain a lot of information and understanding on how to build girls up. It was stressful at times spending time with little girls that are young and wild, but very rewarding.
Amazing place to grow confidence, courage, and character
Lead Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, CAAugust 3, 2016
Being a camp counselor is the most rewarding job I have ever had. The community that is built here has provided me with more self-confidence, courage, and belief in myself than any other experience I've had. The practical and interpersonal skills I've gained will carry me forward through many different kinds of work opportunities.
Leading women for success
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 14, 2017
As a troop leader it is very gratifying to see the girls empower and lead one another. I do not get paid to be a troop leader, I am a volunteer.
Pros
Empowerment, leadership, personal gr
Cons
Delay in information
Jump on the train and hope you don't fall off
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2016
Typical day at work in by 8:30 out by 6:30
the hardest part of the job was they don't train you
and if you have any questions you have to send an e mail to your boss who lives and works in another city .
Fun and eventful work day
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 30, 2017
Typical work day was fun, exciting, and eventful. Dealing with the kids was an awesome experience. Learning how to deal and help the kids in a way that they could help the world with this program.
fun to do when youre young
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAFebruary 2, 2017
did a lot of activities and learned how to communicate with others. Made some good friends and helped open up my world. they also taught me the skills needed to persuade people to do what I want.
Fun close group to work with
Membership Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I have had many experiences with Girl Scouts over the course of many years as a professional and as a volunteer. It is always ran by people who are friendly, helpful, considerate and caring. They live the fundamentals of the Girl Scout Law everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Girl Scouts of the USA Reviews by Location