Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Great people great work environment
Seasonal Membership Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Girl Scouts the people were great and lots of fun. They are laid back and very receptive. Girl Scouts is defiantly a team atmosphere.
Fun close group to work with
Membership Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I have had many experiences with Girl Scouts over the course of many years as a professional and as a volunteer. It is always ran by people who are friendly, helpful, considerate and caring. They live the fundamentals of the Girl Scout Law everyday.
camp counselor was rewarding
Girl Scout counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Fun summer time job, pay was very low. But very rewarding to be with the young girls and teach them things. I enjoyed the outdoors and teaching activities
Pros
work with youth, outdoors, different activities
Cons
hot summer, very long days, bad pay
Good place to work.
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Working here has its benefits, the pay is not competitive but the benefits are good. Your coworkers are friendly and the management goes the extra mile to help you out.
Very Quiet place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Very Quiet place to work. Great Co-worker. The location was close in my range for traveling. You have a sense of security working on the property due to check in gate upon entry.
second review
Part time Field Director/Berkeley County (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2017
girl scouts is a great place to work. most ppl would think it is a volunteer position. however, the pay is better than most believe. you get to meet lots of ppl.
great way to get some volunteer hours
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2017
during my time vulnteering with girl scouts of Rhode island I i have learened different skills, i would highly recomend volunteering.
Pros
great trips
Cons
paper work
Excellent oppertunity to help the youth of tomorrow
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 27, 2016
GSUSA has helped develop women leaders of tomorrow. 50% of all congresswomen were girl scouts. ALL of female astronauts were girl scouts. For over 100 years GSUSA has benn making leaders for tomorrow
Great volunteer service oriented projects
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 2, 2016
Rewarding experience to mentor young girls with their development to become confident women. A great place to meet other folks with the same goals.
Pros
Teaching and mentoring
Cons
Long hours prior to trips
Wonderful group of employees
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 14, 2016
Dedicated, hard working, committed to the values of Girl Scouting.
Wonderful to be able to make a difference in a girl's life with the programs provided.
Good People
Development Database Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Nice people. Good cause. If you want to work for a non-profit, then your heart should be in it. Compensation should not be your motivator.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2016
My co workers were great to work with. The atmosphere of Girl Scouts Louisiana East was laid back and fun. Everyone worked hard and helped each other out with anything they needed.
I am a Co-Leader, it is not a paid position.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoy being a Co-leader and helping the young girls learn as much as they can. It has been an enjoyable experience so far this year.
free work
Co-leader (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 17, 2016
free work for my daughter and 9 years and counting. was fun at times and boring other times. location was far and traffic bad at times too. not much fun fighting traffic either.
Great Culture
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
Great people to work with. Many learning opportunities. The programs they provide serve to empower girls. My years at GSUSA were very enjoyable.
Great way to learn more about Girl Scouts
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2016
After 13 years in Girl Scouts it was great to learn more about the behind the scenes besides badges and camp outs! Working with local troop leaders in the area for events was a great way to continue being involved and help the community.
Volunteer Event Coordinator
Volunteer Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2016
• Plan and organize activities
• Organize staff
• Procurement of food and supplies
• Organized registration—including drafting and filing proper
documents and processing payment
Terrible interview experience
Membership and Community Development Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 22, 2016
This was definitely the most unprofessional experience I've ever had interviewing with a company. After each interview, it took them weeks to let me know if I've made it to the next part of the process. I first had a phone interview with the Director (sometime in March), then an in-person interview, then another phone interview (with another Director who called me at 8pm one night) and then a month later, I was emailed (out of the blue) to do a Skype interview the same exact day. I told her it was a little short notice because of my work schedule and she told me she would contact me in a few weeks after her PTO. This was May 19th. Almost a month later (June 22nd), I have yet to hear from her. Typical. I have pretty much given up on this position and hate that I wasted my time interviewing with them.
Nice Organization
EA to VP of Membership Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
There were mostly good times in this job but a couple bad apples made it difficult at times, otherwise it was a great place to work
Review of gsmists
Senior Director of Program & Community Development (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 29, 2016
Position description hired for no longer applies with the new Interim CEO. She has a different management style and direction which has impacted our management retention at GSMISTS.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits package is "adequate"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Girl Scouts of the USA Reviews by Location