Girling Health Care Inc Employee Reviews

good work place
Provider/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 14, 2017
best place to work if you want to be a caregiver. Great boss wonderful clients never a dull moment with them during the day. They are lovely people to care for.
Not office oriented
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
I never went into the company so I do not know much about the environment. I went straight to the patient's home each day and did my job. This made it a very nice relaxed job to have.
Home heath
Home health (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 9, 2017
I just loved people I took care .the company was very good to me when my,dad,was,killed.the hours,was,good pay was,good.Pay was not be for home health
Pros
No lunchs
Cons
No insurance
Secure Job, stable and steady which allows anyone who needs a job to have a job
Care Coordinator to Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXNovember 2, 2017
Not the best ideal place for a career as there is no place to advance to within the department. A lot of information to retain and you are expected to be an expert everyday although the pay for coordinators does not reflect the expectations. There is always a report that needs to be done, a client who needs a provider, a deadline to meet every single day so that makes it stressful. However, if you are the kind of person who works well under pressure, likes to push yourself and can work with minimal to no micro management, this is the place to be. You are basically the boss of your caseload and you are responsible for each client, every day. The amount of time you are paid (8 hours a day) to do all of the tasks you are assigned is virtually impossible to do well and correctly, but a lot of people get it done. The pressure does make the job fun and exciting.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, dental and vision
Cons
compensation
very challengin
Health Care Giver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2017
Girling is a good place to work for if you are going to school or wanting a part time job.
This is a very challenging yet rewarding job, especially when caring for the disabled.
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 29, 2017
You help others those in need and the work environment is nice not so hard work .ThE clients mostró of them are comprehensive and help you to achieve your work.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
review
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Do not know if they are still in business. Do not really know what to say about them. Not really a great job. Would not go back and do it again for any reason.
Fun environment! Feels like family.
Customer Service Respresentative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
A typical day consist of calling to check on clients who receive Home Health Care to see if they're satisfied with their services and assess whether they need any additional servics like Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Social Work.
Pros
Building rapport with clients, working in a relaxed environment that is super friendly
Cons
Repititious
Great
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent company overall. Very great staff and managers that insure privacy and safety for all dcs and patients. Very private company that ensures privacy to patients
Productive, fast paced, high work load
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2017
10 hr days to complete all tasks, high standards and ethics. Dependable staff. Hard to obtain Dr. orders timely. large amount of paperwork. Patient satisfaction with nursing services. Available management.
Pros
great pto with increased years of service
Cons
short staffed
Mangement Not Good
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Dont pay good you could mess your back up and rude people in charge and of the client are really really nasty fecee every were some of there on other drugs.
Pros
Cons
Not good place to work
Crystal Reports Programmer
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Girling Health Care is a nice place to work. The pay and benefits are good. Coworkers were nice and pleasent to work with. It was in a good location with plenty of parking.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management no incentive for hard work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Hours were flexible, clients were enjoyable but the staff in the office was rude, clueless, and unprofessional. Refused to give raises even for people who were on call and worked seven days a week.
Very nice and informative
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2017
Girling Healthcare made sure to properly inform all their new hires about the do's and dont' s of caregiving. They gave us all we needed to know about our patients and made sure we had gloves.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay your own gas
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2017
Getting to know the client better
Getting more clients
How to prepare a quick meal
A good place to work
Completing my tasks
Notting hard about the job
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Family Care giver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
Care giving is the ultimate act of love. It is a selfless, generous thing to do, and one that many people wouldn’t think about taking on. Taking care of an aging loved one is draining, both physically and emotionally. It can be lonely, overwhelming and frustrating, and it often seems thankless. Despite all of this, family caregivers persevere and wake up every day to face new challenges. Why? Because they care.
Terrible place to work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2017
They don't pay travel time or pay you for the hours you put in fully. I actually had to sell my car that I only had for a year since working there my car got destroyed. They have all these members and pcas but the people don't get staffed with an aide until 2 -3 weeks later they don't treat employs right either.
Pros
You meet a lot of cool people
Cons
The supervisors don't care
Its a good work place
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
I like girling but for me not having certifications. I don't get paid much. But i love my client. Or when ever i do have other clients they always set me up with wonderful people.
Pros
You work with wonderful people
Cons
Home care aides don't get paid much.
caregiver
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 14, 2017
I enjoy my job.Working with my clients. Helping them do things they wouldn't otherwise be able to do. It has been challenging but overall rewarding. Great people
Ok working for the ederly
Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
Its ok. Its all about working for the ederly. You go to there home and clean there home and feed them breakfast. Bath them and groom them when needed.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks