Girling Health Care Inc Employee Reviews

ok to work kinda your own boss
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Texas,EUlessSeptember 15, 2016
My manager is very nice,i have learn how to cope one on one with my client and to take care of their need ,i work alone taking care this person who is disable .THere is nothing hard about my job ,like it because i work with no one i do what needs to be done no complaints. Good to work with this company
Pros
Eat when i want and whatever
Cons
Cleaning bathroom is one of the off with it but i do it.
Was good until they didn't want to pay up some hours that they would randomly throw at me when the other person wasnt able to work
Provider (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 29, 2016
Was a good job , learned a lot about the people i would help out & work for. They were very nice but the company was not after a few months , when it came down to me doing a little more extra hours.
i love this job because its productive, comfortable . I love working with the elderly
Care taker (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 28, 2016
Great job to work at. Staff is friendly. Newsletters come to us with more info. We got a raise at girling recently. I've worked here for 15 years.
Pros
friendly staff
I assist clients with everyday living and maintaining their health and home.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Girling Health Care Inc. for the past few years because my work schedual collaborates with taking care of my home and children.
met some cool people
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 8, 2016
I took care of the elderly daily. I went to their homes and cooked for them. I also cleaned and ran errands for them. I was there when they needed someone to talk to.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
not really any
Its very good
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 25, 2016
They let you make your own schedule. Real good at explaing what your job is and how to do it. Love how they treat people. Shows you how 2 help people that need it.
Pros
Helping other people
Fast paced with a nice environment
Filling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 18, 2016
Stared out great, fast paced work, nice work environment. There is always work to do it is a Home Health company. Coworkers are great to work with and helpful when you need it.
respectable assignments
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2016
When and if you receive an assignment, they are usually good jobs. Unfortunately, I was unable to stay employed due to unforeseen circumstances so I'm unable to disclose whether or not temp jobs turn in to permanent jobs. I have since re-applied through this company but have yet to be given any work.
Pros
weekly pay and pay is usually what you ask for
Foot in the door
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 4, 2016
Gave me a foot in the door, helped me be confident in being confident with patients. helped me fine tune my skills in caregiving.
productive
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2016
i learned how to take care of older people i did not have any co workers i enjoyed taking care of the elderly it was hard to learn each ones different personality
productive and helping others
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXApril 11, 2016
while cleaning for the client, i get to engage in conversation with the client. I assist the client when they need it. The client gets excited on the days i come. A clean home makes a client very happy. It's hard on the elderly, they can't hear well or see well. they get lonely and depressed. I get the most enjoyment to see the client's happy.
this job was ok
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2016
I checked in at the job over the phone. The person I worked for in the home was a very nice lady she was very sweet and will miss working for her.
Great job
Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2016
Work great hrs. Love the company, everyone gets along. Never have a problem. Work is great. Love working with people and helping them live better lives.
Flexible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milford, TXMarch 21, 2016
Supervisors are great and job is easy. I love working for Girling. They are always helpful and friendly when I call with any questions, but pretty much they don't bother you.
Awesome place to work for
PROVIDER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Enjoyed working for girling, company has good benifits get to set your work schedule anlong with your hours for each client
Not productive or advancement
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I work on my own caring for an elderly lady. All the work skills I have were learned for working as a Pharmacy Technician, Sub-teacher and retail. Management is fine but hard to get in communication with them. Most enjoyable is just making my client happy and safe.
Pros
Cons
No holidays
You have to love people because the pay is a joke...
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I loved taking care of my clients, I didn't care for the merging of Girling, Kindred and Gentiva because no one knows anything when you ask them. Before I was resigning from one of my clients I gave my supervisor a two week notice, so I called back two days before I was resigning to see if she had found someone and she doesn't even remember me giving my notice. I was so upset with professionalism there. They don't track your time good so if the machines are down you have to call in ,if they decide to answer the phone that day, but they have caller id.
Pros
Ability to work your own hours
Cons
Keep track of you own time in a calender
Graet work area with great peaople
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2016
I arrive at Girling Health Care at 11:00A.M I will go upspstairs to the 3RD floor to get my list of consumers to visit for that day untill 11:00 PM sometimes longer. I had to learn to be patient and to be understanding of peoples situations. I manage intakes and outputs with some of the consumer by measurements of the consumer. All of my co workers were very wonderful and helpful people for when ever I was in need of help. the hardest part of this job is the many hours you work in a day. the most enjoyable part of this work was the smiles on the consumees face everytime I help them.
Pros
Boss paid for lunch 1 time a week
Cons
Many hours on my feet
Poor leadership and knowledge of industry regulations
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Poor experience after being recruited. Job description changed after 1 month. Leadership does not have a plan or knowledge of regulations. Short sited vision.
Go to residents homes and help do daily tasks they cannot do on their own without help.
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 7, 2016
This job requires no certification and would be great for a single mom who's children go to school or as a second income for your home. They will find clients for you and try to work around your schedule (For the most part.)
Pros
Can work around schedule and is easy to do.
Cons
Limitations on hours, Has no security in clients.

2.8