Girls Employee Reviews

intern
intern (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 29, 2017
interns do a lot of work. Full day filled with different activities. Fun when get to work with girls! offices is freezing because don't have real heaters.
Job is emotionally challenging
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2016
The school has its challenges, and has room to grow. It is emotionally demanding, and often leaves one despondent. Girls are generally easy to get along with, though they do bring their teenage issues. The biggest challenge however, is the management and its inability to address the glaring cultural issues that exist.
Teen Leader Program
Teen Leader (Former Employee) –  Pine Lawn, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Teen leader program was very interesting to be in. I was surrounded by other teens my age conducting and instructing younger kids in summer camp. Was a really fun and exciting experience
Fast paced and educational environment
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 10, 2016
Girls Incorporated is an excellent place for young girls to grow and learn life skills they do not get at school. My main responsibility as a program facilitator was to create and lead activities for the girls to participate in every day. Alongside that, I also had to manage bill pay from the parents, document all kinds of paperwork dealing with behavior and attendance, open and clean the facility, and supervise the girls at all times. The best part of the job was the connection I made with the girls, but the co-workers and lack of decent pay is what made me leave. Other co-workers would not communicate important information to the rest of us, they would break company rules, and show up late almost every day without punishment. When these issues were reported to the campus manager and eventually the CEO on multiple occasions, they were neglected. The result of this neglect led to only the few responsible co-workers to pick up the slack. With better communication, organization, and co-workers who take the job seriously, it would be a dream job.
Pros
Helping the youth in the community, hour long break, flexible with schedule and when asking for time off
Cons
Low pay, irresponsible co-workers
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Girls Inc. is an amazing organization to work for and anyone looking to empower young girls would love to work for them. You will also enjoy creating fun and exciting projects.
Best place for a toddler and preteen girl
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2015
A typical work day consisted of putting the little girls and customers first. Easiest job I've had thus far. Provided customer service the insure a great shopping experience for the mom or dad of the girls.
Fun!
Parent Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 12, 2014
Great experience teaching and learning from young girls. Truly our future leaders.
Pros
REWARDING
Cons
DIDNT LAST LONG ENOUGH
Fun place to work with great coworkers!
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 27, 2014
During a typical day at Justice for Girls I would greet customers, tell customers about the sales going on in the store, help customers find outfits and run the cash register.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short hours
Very productive place to work
Make Shift Employee (Clerical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Marvell, ARAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work were meetings. I learned lots of things. Certain management was good. Co-workers were great. The hardest thing was trying to getting things done under pressure. The most enjoyable part waking up and doing it all over again.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Loved it!
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 22, 2014
I was part of the dance team and working for the owner, teaching classes, doing little things around the studio made me feel more involved in the company. Rather than just being "another dancer".

Want to know more about Girls?

Ask a question
Excellent Company Full of Energetic employees
Interim Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 28, 2014
Took care of daily A/p and A/R. Made sure all the payroll was up to date. I learned that it is more about team dynamics then actual job performance. My co-workers were the hardest part of the job. It was as if steering a boat through complicated sailing channels.
Great company, long hours
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2014
Justice for Girls was an awesome company to work for, but it did include many long nights and early mornings.
Place to grow in all aspect of life at any age.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 3, 2014
The ability to grow within while learning to broaden your own life worth is priceless. Watching the youth of today grow and develop into our future of tomorrow and the accomplishments in their reach is limit less. In order to make life a quality purpose work with the youth of today and watch them grow from the knowledge within their environment from all avenues of life. It’s hard to digest that the children we work with today will one day be the movers and shakers of the world. The mystery is what and where their accomplishment in life will be later in life is part of the thrill of learning but most of all the thrill of teaching.
Pros
Learning Life Lessons
Cons
Lack of Full-time opportunity
Fun environment for young girls to play and learn how to be ladies
Mentor/Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
This is my volunteer job and I work with two other coaches and about 15 young girls. We do various sports activities together and end the day by talking about different peer-pressure and self-esteem issues. We do a lot of character building and teamwork activities.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
NONE
productive and fun workplace
Leader (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Overall good experience. Management was unproffessional, but I took it all as a new learning experience.
Typical Day at work
Asst. Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 19, 2014
The co-workers were great to work with. Usually I made sure the employees were doing what they needed to do. I wrote the schedules and did the aduits. I also made sure the customers were happy while they were in there.
Fun and customer oriented job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2014
This was a very friendly and customer oriented job, which was great fun and very helpful in obtaining good customer service skills
Pros
very friendly
Cons
not very accommodating of school
Very long hours for very little pay
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJanuary 2, 2014
Long days, only one break per day. very little payroll to work with, policy's that are not enforced.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
too long hours for very little pay, management none existent
Has much to improve on
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 24, 2013
Not much that I want to say about the company. The company tries to make improvements but it is done in all the wrong places and not where it needs to be.
Playing dress up all day is fun
Justice for Girls (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 16, 2013
The company is amazing to work for. The little girls are so fun to dress up with. The co workers are hard to manage but when you work with all girls who isn't.
Cons
short lunch, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girls. Our community is ready to answer.