Girls Employee Reviews

fun for teenagers
Justice Just (Former Employee) –  Jordan, UTFebruary 7, 2018
If you are a teenager in school looking for an after school job for a few hours a week you will enjoy working here. It is a fun environment and you gain good friends while youre there.
Fun and balanced
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAOctober 3, 2017
I was able to gain experience working with kids while playing with them, doing homework with them, and teaching them various skills. I learned how to work as a team while also gaining responsibility when watching the kids on my own.
Great for a first job
Sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 28, 2017
Loved working at justice, and definetly recommend as a first job. Its fun and colorful and great atmosphere. The management is good too and the people who shop there are rich.
Pros
get out late
Cons
milk the clock
fun place
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 3, 2017
super upbeat, fun, girly place. great for girls who are in school and do not necessarily need a job for the hours but more for the experience. management is usually in the same age group as the employees
Pros
you get 40% employee discount
Cons
not a job to pay bills with
good high school job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 18, 2017
not much hours to give out at all. good if you are in school and just want little spending money. not if you have bills to pay unless you re management.
Volunteered Services
VOLUNTEER BLUESTAR CAROLINA BASKETBALL (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2017
A typical day included being in the gym for at least 3 hrs. I have learned how to deal with the various attitudes of those not in a position of authority. The hardest part of the job was the traveling in which we did a great deal of. The most enjoyable part was the bond that was made with the girls.
Intense as tv is
Production Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
Work was intense and a lot of hours but my team was amazing and supportive and I enjoyed working on a respected show. I learned a lot as there are many loud personalities on a show and I have to work with them all.
intern
intern (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 29, 2017
interns do a lot of work. Full day filled with different activities. Fun when get to work with girls! offices is freezing because don't have real heaters.
Job is emotionally challenging
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2016
The school has its challenges, and has room to grow. It is emotionally demanding, and often leaves one despondent. Girls are generally easy to get along with, though they do bring their teenage issues. The biggest challenge however, is the management and its inability to address the glaring cultural issues that exist.
Teen Leader Program
Teen Leader (Former Employee) –  Pine Lawn, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Teen leader program was very interesting to be in. I was surrounded by other teens my age conducting and instructing younger kids in summer camp. Was a really fun and exciting experience
Fast paced and educational environment
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 10, 2016
Girls Incorporated is an excellent place for young girls to grow and learn life skills they do not get at school. My main responsibility as a program facilitator was to create and lead activities for the girls to participate in every day. Alongside that, I also had to manage bill pay from the parents, document all kinds of paperwork dealing with behavior and attendance, open and clean the facility, and supervise the girls at all times. The best part of the job was the connection I made with the girls, but the co-workers and lack of decent pay is what made me leave. Other co-workers would not communicate important information to the rest of us, they would break company rules, and show up late almost every day without punishment. When these issues were reported to the campus manager and eventually the CEO on multiple occasions, they were neglected. The result of this neglect led to only the few responsible co-workers to pick up the slack. With better communication, organization, and co-workers who take the job seriously, it would be a dream job.
Pros
Helping the youth in the community, hour long break, flexible with schedule and when asking for time off
Cons
Low pay, irresponsible co-workers
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Girls Inc. is an amazing organization to work for and anyone looking to empower young girls would love to work for them. You will also enjoy creating fun and exciting projects.
Best place for a toddler and preteen girl
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2015
A typical work day consisted of putting the little girls and customers first. Easiest job I've had thus far. Provided customer service the insure a great shopping experience for the mom or dad of the girls.
Fun!
Parent Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 12, 2014
Great experience teaching and learning from young girls. Truly our future leaders.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Didnt last long enough
Fun place to work with great coworkers!
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 27, 2014
During a typical day at Justice for Girls I would greet customers, tell customers about the sales going on in the store, help customers find outfits and run the cash register.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short hours
Very productive place to work
Make Shift Employee (Clerical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Marvell, ARAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work were meetings. I learned lots of things. Certain management was good. Co-workers were great. The hardest thing was trying to getting things done under pressure. The most enjoyable part waking up and doing it all over again.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Loved it!
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 22, 2014
I was part of the dance team and working for the owner, teaching classes, doing little things around the studio made me feel more involved in the company. Rather than just being "another dancer".
Excellent Company Full of Energetic employees
Interim Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 28, 2014
Took care of daily A/p and A/R. Made sure all the payroll was up to date. I learned that it is more about team dynamics then actual job performance. My co-workers were the hardest part of the job. It was as if steering a boat through complicated sailing channels.
Great company, long hours
Justice for Girls (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2014
Justice for Girls was an awesome company to work for, but it did include many long nights and early mornings.
Place to grow in all aspect of life at any age.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 3, 2014
The ability to grow within while learning to broaden your own life worth is priceless. Watching the youth of today grow and develop into our future of tomorrow and the accomplishments in their reach is limit less. In order to make life a quality purpose work with the youth of today and watch them grow from the knowledge within their environment from all avenues of life. It’s hard to digest that the children we work with today will one day be the movers and shakers of the world. The mystery is what and where their accomplishment in life will be later in life is part of the thrill of learning but most of all the thrill of teaching.
Pros
Learning Life Lessons
Cons
Lack of Full-time opportunity