Givaudan Employee Reviews

Givaudan
Financial Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 19, 2017
Typical day was one of good engagement and team work. I learned a lot about internal controls and accounting experience whiel there from the CFO who was a fantastic mentor
poorly managed
Production lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 9, 2017
You will work long hours for not much pay and limited advancement. High turn over rate. Poorly managed. The management there has never actually done the jobs they are managing giving them limited ability to run departments effectively.
Pros
Decent benfits
Cons
long hours for not much pay
Givaudan Summary
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILOctober 5, 2017
I believe I just was with the company at the wrong time due to our business being acquired by Givaudan. SAP transition led to a very poor work environment.
Jnr Purchasing manager (Current Employee) –  Tulisa parkJuly 11, 2017
Working at Givaudan you need to be prepared to worked long and hard. Always have to prove yourself. It is a great place to learn and grow and to groom yourself.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Great for someone who doesn't want to go to college.
Process Operator II (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 29, 2017
Great place to work if you just want to start working right out of high school and do not want to pursue higher education. I stopped working there in order to pursue a career that utilizes my higher education.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Getting stuck on off shifts for a long time.
Great work place
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 1, 2017
Good place to work. Great benefits! I love working here. It's always a challenge and your never bored. The staff is great and have a great work culture. They look out for each other. If you work here, you will enjoy it.
Pros
Benefits, great staff, great culture
Cons
Medium stress environment, low to medium pay range
Horrible Bosses!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 18, 2017
The worst management staff I have ever worked for! The company itself is a great place to work with good benefits, unfortunately the Devon plant located in Florence KY has the worst management staff I have ever been employed by. It is a group of family and friends that keeps their circle small and only promotes the individuals that they like. Promotions are typically given by work ethic, versatility, and the ability to learn and multitask, but not at this plant. These issues made for a horrible experience at a company that is known worldwide.
Go in with a plan
Process Operator I (Former Employee) –  Carthage, OHFebruary 9, 2017
The culture of Spray Dry and Blending facility shows no transparency towards development and promotion. You can move up in the company as long as you are connected or favored with management. (Tenure is not much of a factor if you're not.) Experience within the company is not as valued providing opportunities of growth. New supervision has come in with little to no background in manufacturing, no clue on how to run equipment, telling you how to do your job. The leads keep them in the loop because, they actually have the criteria to do the job, which makes supervision useless actually. The inability to resignate solutions to contribute to enriching culture in the department has deemed spineless in objectivity. Heavy workload, reluctant compensation.
Pros
Can gain good experience with operations.
Cons
Matrix criteria doesn't coincide with promotions.
The Colleagues I worked with
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 6, 2017
I learned the SAP program and was actually a super user who taught the program to other employees. I also learned the distillation process from start to finish.
Pros
The colleagues I worked with
Cons
Small benefits package
Productive and Fun
Senior Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2017
Great Mentoring Program
Great Career Advancement
Tickets and SLA
Networking Support
Great Learning environment
I was hired as a PC Maintenance Technician and work my way to Server admin and then Network Enigineer
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid Cell, Great MGMT
Cons
The only con is I left the company
It's truly an individual's call...
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 1, 2017
Want to be challenged? No, like really challenged? Like, every day you go to work, and no one agrees with you, shows up at meetings, answers your emails, questions? Do you like working in a vacuum, where the production group rules the roost and disrespects, ignores and discards all who oppose, and gets rewarded for bad behavior? Do you miss boys' clubs?

You're home.
Pros
General staff are friendly and helpful, and keep things going despite impossible deadlines.
Cons
Adversarial, exclusionary, entitled management staff who don't listen and don't care as long as the numbers are there
Interesting, established and successful foreign company.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJDecember 31, 2016
Company in the midst of change. Great work force, location and cafeteria. Some excellent mgmt. people. Some mgmt people not a good fit. Great product line, cash cow products. Easy commute via major arteries and local roads
Pros
supplied work clothes, boots, glasses etc.
Cons
healthcare
to many games played advancement is very personalized
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 18, 2016
to much buddy system for advancement. if your in the 5 oclock club your in. if you disagree with decisions of management you are blackballed and put on watch.
No transperancy
Experimental Applications Chemist- Fine Fragrance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
Very wasteful environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are allowed to come up with ideas independently and be a part of the driving success for the future of the firm. The hardest part of the job is just seeing the waste of product, talent(s) are not being put to good use and waste of resources.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
one (1) daily break
fun and friendly place to work
Filter/Filler (Current Employee) –  Carthage, OHDecember 6, 2015
highly recommend it as a place to work for. friendly people great benefits, work day works flow very fast. great management team in place for the employees.
Hardest working job I've had.
Experimental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 24, 2015
It was wonderful working with the residents and getting to spend time with them. Sad to see some residents had no family or friends as visitors. Sometimes the staff wasn't the kindest to the patients.
Great atmosphere, inability to move-up
PID Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 22, 2015
I had taken this job, with the expectation of advancing within the company. Within 9 months, it became clear that this was not going to happen. Daily responsibilities include responding to customer emails and requesting standard FDA documents for flavor production. The atmosphere within my department is pleasant, however I would like to advance.
Pros
Co-workers/work enviornment
Cons
Benefits, lack of work and inconsistent training/expectations.
very productive food flavorings company.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 3, 2015
Put raw materials in racks to be picked for orders, took garbage out. learned about the operating system called SAP. learned difference between flammable and combustible. management was very production oriented. co workers were friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job was lifting alot of weight frequently. the most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning up.
Benefits
Cons
Job advancement
Great company to work for, atmosphere was very friendly.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  East HanoverMay 18, 2015
Company is very employee and customer focused. I learned a lot about the fragrance industry as well as learning development.
Lab Supervisors play favorites
Lab (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 7, 2015
Be careful, East Hanover has lab Supervisors and Managers that play favorites. And the Manager keeps nothing confidential.
Pros
Good health Insurance
Cons
Management is clueless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Givaudan. Our community is ready to answer.