Givaudan

Givaudan Employee Reviews

Hardest working job I've had.
Experimental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 24, 2015
It was wonderful working with the residents and getting to spend time with them. Sad to see some residents had no family or friends as visitors. Sometimes the staff wasn't the kindest to the patients.
Great atmosphere, inability to move-up
PID Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 22, 2015
I had taken this job, with the expectation of advancing within the company. Within 9 months, it became clear that this was not going to happen. Daily responsibilities include responding to customer emails and requesting standard FDA documents for flavor production. The atmosphere within my department is pleasant, however I would like to advance.
Pros
Co-workers/work enviornment
Cons
Benefits, lack of work and inconsistent training/expectations.
very productive food flavorings company.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 3, 2015
Put raw materials in racks to be picked for orders, took garbage out. learned about the operating system called SAP. learned difference between flammable and combustible. management was very production oriented. co workers were friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job was lifting alot of weight frequently. the most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning up.
Benefits
Cons
Job advancement
Great company to work for, atmosphere was very friendly.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  East HanoverMay 18, 2015
Company is very employee and customer focused. I learned a lot about the fragrance industry as well as learning development.
Lab Supervisors play favorites
Lab (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 7, 2015
Be careful, East Hanover has lab Supervisors and Managers that play favorites. And the Manager keeps nothing confidential.
Pros
Good health Insurance
Cons
Management is clueless
Prouctive and fun workplace.
Experimental Research Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Very face-paced, high fashion and high production. Loved working there.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, low overall morale
Stable company.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Stable company. Certified on forklift, turret truck, pallet jack, and reach truck. A former member of the Emergency Response Team. I am certified in CPR and Basic First Aid.
over worked and under paid for the type of work im doing
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Carthage, OHMay 3, 2014
not bad enjoy what i do just looking for more pay and better opportunity for growth
forklift operation/chemical experience
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
some times to much overtime not a good work life balance
Wonderful
Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Devobn, KyMarch 19, 2014
This was the most employee oriented company I ever encountered. This was a true pleasure!!!!!!
Great pay but long hours
Production Scheduler/Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2014
This was a great place with wonderful medical and dental benefits. However you will spend many hours due to demand and workload
Easy going production facility with high expectations
Raw Materials Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 1, 2014
On a typical day I work with colleagues in nearly every department on site to understand our needs and any limitations (warehouse space, labor, etc.). I work with vendors worldwide and colleagues outside the facility to ensure materials arrive in a cost affective way just in time (JIT) for production.
I enjoy the fact that, although I run the same reports on a daily basis, I never know what is going to happen or who I need to work with to reach my daily objectives. I like that Givaudan is a large international company and that I can work with people from all over the world on a daily basis. I also enjoy working with SAP, and appreciated the extensive training Givaudan provided. Givaudan is a very innovative company and they value the input of their employees regardless of their role. Givaudan also offers a great benefits package for its employees.
My on site managers are receptive to my communications with them and work to implement requests that my coworkers and I make.
Pros
wellness program, benefits package, laid back environment
Cons
below average compensation, no room for advancement without relocation
Great Company
Lab Technician II/ Applications Chemist (Current Employee) –  New York City, New YorkJanuary 25, 2014
Excellent atmosphere to work in; just looking for convience in commute.
Great Benefits and Job Security
R&D Lab Tech and Junior RAPS Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJanuary 17, 2014
Givaudan is a great company to work for. It offers great benefits, job security and stability.
Management is friendly and competent and the industry is very fascinating.
Pros
great benefits, job security
Cons
minimum chances of advancement
Excelent company if your career is in fragrance.
Creative Fragrance Manager (Fragrance Evaluator) (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 6, 2014
Great strong firm with a great reputation in the industry. Room for creativity, ideas and growth. Long hours, hard work but, if you are committed to the field, you will love it.
Pros
creativity
Cons
deadlines.
very productive fast paced and fun work place
Experimental Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 7, 2013
evry fast paced and hard working atmosphere but very fun at the same time!
Seeking a challenging position
Production manager (Current Employee) –  Egypt, AROctober 3, 2013
Seeking a challenging position in the field of Production in a multinational company with a challenging environment where I can apply my training, studies, interpersonal and communication skills.
cincinnati and florence
Blending operator (Former Employee) –  florence kentuckySeptember 18, 2012
In cincnnati they backstab and fight to get to the top only there is no top and florence the management makes so much money they can be on there cell phones texting all of the time and asking their rats hows everything going their safety is terrible and they pay you 14.75 an hour and expects you to do more work than people getting 26.00 an hour yes slavery is not dead its working at givaudan.
Cons
everything you could think of
The people you work with are great; however ther are a lot of changes within the manager structure.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioAugust 29, 2012
I created life long friendships with some I worked with. It is a fast pace environment that required hours of overtime.
productive, and fun place to work
Fragrance Application Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2012
Givaudan, is my first permanent job as a lab tech.. I enjoyed it and learned alot about the products we work with, and the company.
Pros
provide lunch and learns, meet celebrities
Cons
no cons
Good workplace with spotty and irregular management
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2012
A very matrixed organization with wonderful benefits. In terms of pace, the organization moved very slowly. However, every day could be spent doing productive work.