GKN Aerospace Employee Reviews

assembly
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSFebruary 20, 2017
a very unpleasant place to work for not enough money hrs sucked. poor management hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pros
good employee
Cons
good training
not very productive
Pca crib (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work
the hardest part of the job was having to deal with mean customers
the management was not the best.
I knew the people I worked with so that was nice.
Horrible company with awful morals
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSJanuary 30, 2017
The most petty company I have ever worked for. Work environment is very toxic. Management vs Workers with HR always siding with management to protect themselves. Horrible compensation compared to other competing companies. Health benefits are basically non existent. I would never recommend working for this place when you could work for competitors such as spirit, cessna, etc.
Challenging work environment
Composite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2017
GKN was a challenging work environment as cost cutting efforts within the company depleted valuable support organizations such as quality and IT.
GKN's products of composite assemblies were fabricated well by a talented work force, however more standard operating procedures were required.
Continual late to schedule deliveries were often a challenge and working overtime to meet schedule was a common requirement.
my position was as welder
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJanuary 23, 2017
I worked in Newton, NC. It was 7 days a week mandatory including holidays with no time off even if requested in advance. Inconsistent breaks at best. Turn over was so bad that supervisors didn't bother learning names. When asked how long 7 days a week would continue I was told indefinitely. So, I found another job.
Pros
Good money if you don't want to see your family.
Cons
environment, management, moral and everone was disposable
Great Benefits, but ...
Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 3, 2017
I made $18k in just 6 months working here. The management is horrible and there were not enough tools to complete the job tasks. This is a great place to work if you want a lot of overtime, but very stressful because you dont have the tools to do your job and you have little time to spend with family.
Pros
Great benefits, good overtime
Cons
Not enough time with family, horrible management
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYDecember 20, 2016
Setup maintenance and operation

Change spindles as needed

Record data and ensure procedure are being followed

Use hand tools and power tools on a daily basis

operate with crane on daily basis
Pros
over time, employee appreciation
Cons
mandatory 12 hour shifts
the work was very rewarding
C/N/C Mill Machinist (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 15, 2016
supervisors were very understanding and easy to get along with.
all co works were very supportive
challenging work ,plenty of overtime, good pay.
many holiday benefits.
Great office environment
Executive Assistant (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 14, 2016
I was there on a contract assignment for 60 days, but it was a great work environment and friendly senior management team, which made it enjoyable to go to work.
Fun place towork
WELD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Santa AnaDecember 10, 2016
Nice place to work
Fast paced place. A typical day at work will be to first thing to check the email to get updated. Check with supervisor/lead to see if there's any material hot that needs to be taken care of. Check with the lab if there are any results on material tested. Receive and audit paperwork received to make sure it complies and if not then I will email the buyer to have them contact the vendor to request any missing certs.
Pros
great pay
Cons
in a big city
Updates Requred
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALNovember 30, 2016
Overall, there is a lot to do. Management needs to step up to accountability. Training needs to be a priority. New Management has the right idea, but has little to work with.
Pros
People
Cons
Work Life Balance
A lot to learn
Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 25, 2016
You learn a lot while working here but many times you will find yourself frustrated with the amount of hours the company demands you to work and the lack of help hired to fix the problem.
Benefits
Cons
Exhausting 12 hours shifts, bad management
Great Leader at St. Louis Site
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2016
I enjoy my time working to make a great future for the site. Wish everyone would get on board and move in the same direction.

The environment is the classic U.S. manufacturing challenge for an older facility. 100s of us are working to turn the place around for a brighter future!
Pros
Great history at the site.
Cons
Making a great future is challenging!
Run machines
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTNovember 12, 2016
I have been for this company for the past 8 months, and its great place to work its a family oriented place to work, nice environment. I would recommend my friends and family to work here.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
its cool
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 3, 2016
Great people and lots of over time, I really have no complains about them but some times they can be a hand full over load of work....................
Productive place with fun people to work with.
QC Coordinator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 25, 2016
Pros
free lunches, free tickets to amusement parks
Cons
N/A
In Financial Trouble
Senior Financial Analyst, Government Contracting (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2016
Would not recommend that anyone come to work here right now. The company is experiencing a lot of financial difficulties.
no reviw
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 18, 2016
Good place to work and I wish I would still work there.
People are cooperative and Management is very responsible especially in safety of the employ.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
unorganize
Great benefits and pay, but little time for family
Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 11, 2016
Absolutely loved this job. The benefits were great and getting paid weekly was a plus. Overtime freely given but little time for family and to rest. Often worked 65 hours per week, once or twice about 85 hours per week. This is an ideal position for people that like working those hours and don't have a family that relies on them to be home. If you can work those hours, its perfect.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours and lack of tools
Am very disciplined person and responsible whit my job
Facilities handyman (Current Employee) –  1000 new horizontes amityville New York 11721October 8, 2016
Am very nice personable and I like be on time all my job I did had and when I star something I won't stop untill I finish it and am very kind person whit all my superiors
Pros
I bring my own food
Cons
Short brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GKN Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8