Gkn Driveline

Gkn Driveline Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
IT Manager, 500 users, 4 plants (Current Employee), Newton, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Culture is accommodating, east going
Cons: Healthcare is getting worse
Good people, very clean, hard working.

Interested in getting better.

Management style is easy going.

A lot of lean initiatives going on.
My thoughts on GKN Driveline
Logistics Team Leader (Former Employee), Timberlake, NCMay 13, 2015
GKN is a place that is all about who you know in order to advance in the company. If you know the right people, you can move up there. It's very rare that anyone moved up on merit and performance skills alone.
No advancement.
Operator (Current Employee), Santa AnaMarch 30, 2015
If you are applying as an Engineer this company is a great place to grow. If you're applying to just find a job it is frustrating at times because there are very l I mites opportunities to actually grow inside of the his company. Management does not encourage employees to go above and beyond at their job. Their only concern is for low level employees to come in and do the bare miminimum.
Great place for a career - enough said!
Operator Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Newton, NCMarch 14, 2015
Come work at GKN.....!

My greatest strengths include planning, coordinating, supervision & careful execution of major dining and catering events. I am proficient at record keeping, sales, regular inspections of food handling and sanitation procedures, as well as training new employees.
Good
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mebane, NCMarch 9, 2015
Good Company to work for, Room for growth . Long hourse Mangement could use some improvement. Learned better teamleadership skills.
HORSESHOE
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Roxboro, NCDecember 11, 2014
HEY I HAVE LEARN ALOT WORKING FOR GKN DRIVELINE AND THE CO WORKER IS FUN TO WORK WITH.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), bowling green, ohioOctober 13, 2014
Competitive work place, always a chance to get higher within the company.
Challenging and Well-Paced Work Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Newton, NCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: n/a
Learned new valuable skills and technologies that are utilized in the automotive manufacturing industry. Actively operated technologically driven machines to develop highly precise automotive parts being provided to our organizations vast amount of customers.
A great work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Roxboro, NCSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work is to push out those parts and the machines is not running right. I have learned how to build shafts parts to go inside of cars. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is for my managers to say we have done a good job.
Strong company
SMT 1 (Current Employee), Mebane, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: lack of communication between management and employees, and working 3rd shift.
GKN is a strong company that is the leading supplier of CVJ's to customers worldwide. I work 3rd shift, so the hardest part of the job is trying to be excited about coming into work after being on 3rd shift for 22 years. I enjoy what I do and am (in my opinion) very good at what I do. My coworkers are very easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them. I have learned alot about the machining – more... process in the 22 years I have been here, as I did not have any machining experience when I came here. Management is fairly easy to work with and for the most part are fair. There could be better communication between mangement and the employees on the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually doing my job. Figuring out why a machine won't hold size or whatever the problem may be, it's very self satisfying to find the problem, fix it and put the machine back into production.

A typical day for me at work: Come in and get a shift passdown from the previous shift on any problems that occurred with the equipment during their shift. If any change overs need to happen, I do them at the appropriate time and as efficiently as possisble. Check with operators throughout the shift to ensure their equipment and machines are running properly and efficiently producing quality parts. – less
low morale
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: terrible decision making abilities
This is a horrible place to work with long overworked days and terrible management.
great place to work with great people to work with
Team Member (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCJune 3, 2014
a typical day at work was; for me, building half shafts and prop shafts for GM and ford. i learned the difference in sizes of parts, how to feed the line, how to operate the machines in the cell. my co-workers were awesome they know how to keep the day rolling, the hardest part of the job was that they ran out of parts sometimes and we would sometimes get sent home early.
Company treats temps terrible
Production (Former Employee), Bowling, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: break room area
Cons: short breaks
I built parts for various automotive companies. Management was ok except for human resources. I loved most of my co-workers, and the job was relatively easy. The most enjoyable part of the job were the breaks.
A great learning experience
Builder/Assembler (Former Employee), Newton, NCMay 15, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part about working at GKN was getting to know all the co-workers. The management was great, very nice people. I learned to build car parts for big companies. Hardest part about the job was starting off as a temp.
Precision manufacturing, good working environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mebane, NCMay 5, 2014
Pros: fair pay and generally good working conditions.
Cons: managment seemed reluctant to make necessary improvements.
Training was lacking. Machine technician was asked to train me and he was reluctant to do so. He was NOT a trainer and did not understand HOW to train. Work was demanding of attention to detail and precision measuring. Measuring devices and machinery needed maintenance. The maintenance that was performed was just enough to keep it working. Measuring devices were not consistent and some needed to be replaced but were "... too expensive to replace."
A productive and fast paced enviroment
Assembly line Operator (Former Employee), Maiden, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: learned new skills and enhanced productivity
Cons: it was only a temporary position
A typical day a GKN Driveline was fast paced working environment. Its atmosphere was of multi-tasking and high performance. I learned to work under pressure,quick reflexes,quick thinking,strong communicating skills, and resolving reoccurring issues. Managment was continually teaching us to be more productive..Managment was also reassuring us how important it was to be safe and work in a timely productive manner. My co-workers were energetic and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was staying focused when there was negativity and negative emotions on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Everyone was always ready to help and encourage one another..
Production driven Industrial work invironment
Metallurgist Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mebane, NCMarch 11, 2014
Cons: work schedule
A typical day at GKN was production driven. I learned how to test micro hardness, core hardness, and case depth of metals. Management was experienced in traditional industrial work environments. My co-workers worked 7 days a week and had very few days off. The hardest part of this job was the work schedule (7 days a week). I enjoyed working with older people.
Over the past i have learned that it takes a team effort to succed and communication is the key to make the work process flow well. I enjoy wrk ha
Machine operator (Former Employee), Roxsboro NCFebruary 26, 2014
rdest part of my day would be gettn rush orders. You have to rush but yoy also want the perfect quality. I most enyoy the people and being part of a team.
great place to work
assembly line (Former Employee), bowling green, ohFebruary 22, 2014
Great place to work, building motor parts.
building engines
great bosses
good co-workers
nothing hard about the job
working with other people
n/a
Line Worker (Former Employee), Timberlake, NCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: long day
Cons: long day
not available = a typical day at work = 8hrs