GKN Driveline Employee Reviews

fast paced working envirment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCDecember 9, 2017
The jobs are not all that hard for most people, but it is fast paced. They tell you when you are hired that it's a 5 day work week with some over time. The truth is that you will work 6 or 7 days almost every week. You can never make plans for weekends unless you have vacation to use.
Pros
if you like working all the time this is the place for you
Cons
no time for family, they did away with all bonuses, valuestream managers micro manage everything
Bad Management
Advanced Set-Up (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCDecember 9, 2017
Management is super bad and so is the pay considering how much they make a year. Also no bonus or nothing at all, guess it all goes to the management/office people. Cannot advance unless you know someone higher up, or make friends with the right people.
Pros
12 hours, 4x4
Cons
Management, pay, job advancement, no bonus
Horrible
Assembly line Machine operator(Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Timberlake, NCDecember 1, 2017
Job was horrible. Manage to was rude and disrespectful. I would not recommend anyone to work here. I am glad I left this job. Employees were okay sometimes.
n/a
Value Stream Leader (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCNovember 28, 2017
I am thankful for the opportunity just so far away from my family and we had the intentions of relocating to the area but things and circumstances has changed. GKN is a wonderful company to work for there are plenty of great opportunities for those who are willing to make the sacrifice
productive and supportive
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 24, 2017
GKN is a great place to work. Equal opportunity. Great management, friendly team. Treated with respect and understanding of life events. Values its employees.
a lot of favoritism
Machine operator/ Quality control (Former Employee) –  Timberlake, NCNovember 15, 2017
Have people in the wrong spots it management that our team leads and supervisors if they don't like you they'll give you a hard time or try to get you fired
Nice company to work for
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Timberlake, NCNovember 13, 2017
Very nice place to work and grow. People are nice and helpful when learning the job. The pay is good and they actually want you to grow with the company.
Horrible place if you’re a decent person
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 3, 2017
All the way from training, to management and paperwork this place is not very welcoming or helpful. Management is one of the worst I’ve ever experienced, also no such thing as giving them a notice because they will walk you out the door right there.
Pros
Income
Cons
Management, awful training, careless
worked 7 days a work only 2 days a month off
Assembly Line-worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 28, 2017
on assembly line putting together a high torque axle for ford, putting in shims barrens, rings screws nothing hard about job you just had to work every 2 weeks and 1 day off
very productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Timberlake, NCOctober 26, 2017
a typical work day is running 3 to machines a day. rotating, loading machines to keep the line running. stocking and unstocking company products. scan packages received.
No accountability
Machine Operator (CNC)/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 24, 2017
No clear definition of role. Popularity contest. More you do...more they expect. Less you do...nothing expected. Employees are allowed to choose certain people for the department. If you don't fit in you are moved or made miserable until you quit. Position changes are possible but are looked upon negatively among peers. HR tries to be involved but that is also looked down on by peers. Certain employees are allowed to cut corners and make their own rules.
Definitely not for everybody
Machinist CNC Lathe operator/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 24, 2017
All recent changes have been a detriment to employees. Turnover rate is outrageous. This facility appears to be micro-managed by Corporate in their quest to "standardize". Paperwork and redundancy is running amok. If you are looking for a job where you can come in and keep your mouth shut and ignore your surroundings, this is the place for you.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation 90 days after hire in (pro-rated)
Cons
Expect to work "bell to bell". Training needs improving. Turnover rate. Seemingly endless paperwork
Productive, friendly enviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 16, 2017
Excellent place to work. GKN provided many tools to ensure that the job was done correctly. They worked with employees and gave reasonable schedules. GKN's benefits were outstanding.
productive fast paste
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAOctober 8, 2017
productive fast pasting job, any where besides under your vent is hot. Ive learned team work, how to keep my production number up. Supervisors are okay.
Pros
over times, the pay
Cons
hot
Fast paced ,but a good fast pace
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Timberlake, NCOctober 6, 2017
I liked working there ,But I was hired through a temp agency for about 2 years and they never gave me a chance to be hired even at the urging of my co-workers.The people on my assembly cell were good people to work with ,I miss them!
Pros
good people
Cons
Long drive to get there.
Low key
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Need a better breakroom better food.... I really don't have anything to say about this place besides I just need a job and was willing to learn something different
company need's improvement between management and employee's
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Plant has the ability to be a good working environment ,yet it feels like theirs always something not right that keeps you on edge about the company's future and your own.
This place has gone down hill in the last couple of years
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 18, 2017
If you enjoy having the plant manager tell you to come into the plant even when you are sick and running a fever then this is the place for you.
This in not a fun place to work anymore
Only for hard workers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 16, 2017
Typically working at Gkn starts off very slow at the beginning of each shift but as the hours go by it speeds up. Out of all my work experience I learned the most working at Gkn. Skills, information, and culture were just a few of the many things i learned working there. The hardest part of the job is being consistent with your work flow. If you are not used to working for 12 hours then that is the most difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is money. It might seem shallow but its true.
Pros
Benefits, Job security, Plenty of Over time
Cons
Work place environment, Work/life Balance
not a healthy life style working so much
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 16, 2017
I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work there. These people do not believe in giving holidays off or who cares if you ever get a day off the managers and office people do. They treat their employees unfairly. not a good place to work.
Pros
all the over time you have to work money is good
Cons
no life or family time