Glacial Energy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Scam
Door-to-Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 10, 2015
This company was very dishonest and stole from many people. Work hours were 7 days a week, 12 hours per day rain, sleet, snow storms, zero below, or shine. The management was not loyal and pocketed money that the employees deserved but never got.
Pros
Cons
Never paid the right amount in weekly checks
What a waste of four years
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  St. ThomasMarch 13, 2015
This company was the have and have not.

Those who have the ability to brown nose, suck up or kiss-butt and had no business being in management positions were in decision making positions.

Those who did not have the ability to brown nose, suck up or kiss-butt were the worker bees and mistreated.

The company filed for bankruptcy and sold. End of story!!
Benefits
Cons
Too many inexperienced managers and suck ups aka kiss butts!
Fun place to work
Operations Analyst/Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Was given a great deal of decision making power. I gained valuable experiences there. The company culture was energetic and lively. I came from a very different career background, so the daily tasks could be very demanding. What I learned there has benefited me in my current career.
Pros
Flexible work day. Fair compensation and bonus program
Cons
Relocated to another country
Great commission structure
Energy Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2013
This was a short term position, but very lucrative. Made my own schedule and worked as hard as I could to bring in as many customers as possible.
Not very helpful with training new people.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 2, 2013
Glad I am not working there any longer. The Midwest Region went through 5 managers and 2 Vice Presidents in the last 2 years.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Great Company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Business Development Manager
• Responsible for selling electricity / natural gas services to commercial and industrial customers in deregulated markets.
• Introduced Glacial Energy to South Florida, developing a customer base.
• Adhered to federal energy standards, while providing cost analysis and savings to customers.
• Researched opportunities thoroughly and proactively, identifying client usage and needs.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 17, 2012
Gained extensive knowledge within the sales field. I made many connections in the corporate world by working closely with executives from large company's and corporations.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a