Glacier Hills Employee Reviews

Terrible Place to Work !!! Money Hungry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 10, 2016
Terrible management and the CEO doesn't care about the company only money. The company is in so much debt its crazy. if you want to be stressed out this is the place for you. Dietary Department is the worst especially the new Director of Dining. This company charges the residents ridiculous prices and never prepare events for the residents its a no tip zone so if you are doing a great job the residents cant tip you.
Cons
staff doesnt help one another
New Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 13, 2016
I have been working here for a few months now and I was a little scared because of what some people posted before me. But when I started working I found out that most of the management is new, some came in just before me. They seem to be slowly making things easier for us on a daily basis and they seem to genuinely care. They even stick around and help us out. The hours are good but sometimes it is hard to fit in school and work and have a social life. But I guess thats life. The residents are awesome to work with and its fun getting to know them too. Highly recommend this place to anyone who needs a job. This place, I actually enjoy working for.
Pros
Team Work, Residents, New Management
Invested in you
Director (Current Employee) –  Long term careOctober 24, 2016
The staff and residents are all one family. There is a genuine desire to invest in the staff to make work fun, challenging, innovative and exciting. Great staffing ratios and lots of other incentives make it a premium place to work!
Good place
Director (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 25, 2016
typical day is very busy, many meetings, assignments/projects, fun coworkers, great benefits and vacation package, great employee appreciation events
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefit package
Cons
communication with management
Great residents, horrible upper management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 29, 2015
Upper level management unprofessional and talks about staff in a derogatory manor. Several incidents where they flat out lied. Constantly change your job on a whim and asked to do inappropriate things. If you do not go along then you are forced out or job changes. When state is in the building, everyone smiles and acts helpful. Otherwise very self-serving and horrible to staff. VP level staff member puts people in very uncomfortable situations and constantly cuts down co-workers to each other. A real shame the upper level management only cares about money and their image but little regard for employees. Treat you terrible then throw staff appreciation parties to appear like they care.
Pros
Residents, coworkers who try to do the right thing despite pressure not to.
Cons
Upper Management is horrific, unprofessional, and unethical in their treatment of employees.
Terrible management
Cena (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 18, 2015
Very mean managers. Tried to share concerns with executive director, chased away by her assistant every time. Overheard her talk about families and patients negatively with her boss. Very sad. Other nurses and cena's no teamwork. Some nice people working there but they are always in fear of their jobs. Could be a decent place, but there is no managers that will listen to the staff.
Pros
Nice buildings
Cons
Unapproachable director, gossip about patients and fear of losing your job
Awesome people and place to work.
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 4, 2015
I started here as a housekeeper and loved doing my job everyday. From setting up my cart in he morning to helping residents and co-workers when needed. I moved from housekeeping to central supply as soon as the job became available due to better hours and more pay. It was a chance to move up with more responsibilities. I enjoy working with everyone! I am a people person for sure.There were no hard things about my job, I enjoyed every aspect of it. I enjoy challenges and working with people in general.
Pros
Alot of activities for employees and residents.
Cons
Drama between nurses and CNA'S
steer clear of this company!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 15, 2014
I have been a CNA, for almost 13 years. I thoroughly enjoy taking care of my residents. With that being said, the management is HORRIBLE! They are very unapproachable. There is NO TEAMWORK. If you ask for help, you are belittled by other CNA's and Nurses alike. The pay is on the higher side, if you are starting out as a CNA, and the top off pay isn't bad either. But, if you are leaving work every night crying, because of the working environment, it just isn't worth the money.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
understaffed, no teamwork, management is very unapporachable
terrible management/ nurses dont help each other
former RN (Former Employee) –  ann arbor, mi.January 11, 2014
Management are so unconsiderate, not helpful to nurses, nurse management very belittling, no job security. Nurse management dont care about your workload. Poor communication from management. Will take you off the schedule with little or no notice. Make sure if your working here as a nurse have a second job to pay your bills. They play games with you like a yo-yo with your work schedule.
Pros
nice cafe lounge, good wages
Cons
poor nursing management, dont care about thier employees, talk behind your back to other nurses about you
Beautiful facility/awful administration
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor miDecember 8, 2013
The administration has been the same for at least 4 years and they hire very mean, rigid and arrogant managers who wouldn't step in to assist the nurses if the patients lives depended on it!!!! If you are a nurse I would not recommend this facility. The workload and liability are both uncommonly high here and the management are the most unsupportive of any facility I have been at!!!!
Pros
Competitive pay/ lots of overtime avail
Cons
Scary workload, very high acuity with LTC ratios on ACU

Want to know more about Glacier Hills?

Ask a question
what a joke
CENA (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 6, 2014
at first, glacier hills seemed like a place i could really enjoy, but of course it was too good to be true. the management is completely useless and they don't appreciate or respect their workers AT ALL. as a CNA you can expect to be talked down to by the nurses, management and your fellow CNAs!
Pros
nice cafe, opportunities to pick up extra hours.
Cons
disrespectful workplace, unapproachable managers, unfriendly environment
Crystal
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2015
Working for Glacier Hills is great! The management is great you can always talk to them. The hardest part of my job is losing a client. Its very easy to bond with client they become family.
Pros
Room to grow
Nice Place, HORRIBLE Management
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor , MiApril 6, 2015
Management does not care at all. They will leave ALL issues up to the nurses and aides then go home. Only time they try to LOOK like they care is when State or Professionals comes in. They're fumbling and frantic, makes changes to our daily routine because they want to try something different (as if isn't working) They are constantly adding to the work load of the CNAs. They want to change the staff, like why hire us if you want us to be something else. The schedulers are awful. They will talk to you reckless if you can't come in or don't want to pick up. Crazy! The nurses are great! The cnas are great. It's definitely the upside of the job. Always willing to help you and they are like a big family. They treat you like family. Love them!! The residents are pretty cool too. Management don't think out the rooming though. They will make one hall super hard, meaning all the confused fall risks will be put on one set and they'll tell you just to hang in there or "engage" with them.
Pros
Nurses, CNAs, Pay, Overtime, workload
Cons
MANAGEMENT, Schedulers
Fun working very friendly atmosfere
Dinner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2014
It was a very good experience working for Glacier Hills the supervisor and management are very understanding, the co workers were very friendly overall it was a very good experience.
Pros
good food int he cafeterias nice and friendly seraundings
Productive and pleasant place to work
LPN Contingent (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2015
Clean, diverse, and productive and pleasant place to work. Staffing is flexable for casual, part-time and full-time employees.
Assisting residents with ADL's
Resident Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 21, 2013
I assisted residents with ADL's. The residents were superb, always pleasant and nice. The best part of my job. Management, however could need more help. Managers could be condescending, belittling their employees.
Great interdepartmental communication.
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, Mi.November 11, 2014
Rebuild air conditioners, Perform preventive maintenance on boilers, replace pump motors as needed. Install antenna and cable for residents. Replace electrical outlets and switches.
Good pay, horrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2012
The work is easy and time consuming, the pay is good and they always compensate you well for workign over time and holidays. They never recognize hard work though and no one is thanked and the management is horrible.
Fast paced job that never has a dull day.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2014
A typical day includes lots of walking and running, you come in contact with a lot of people from all walks of life which gives you great people skills. It takes a special person to deal with sick and injured people and their families, but that's a quality that can benefit a person in any job environment. I've been working here since i was 19 so its safe to safe I've learned a lot and grown with my job. The staff that has been working at my job for years has become like family and we are always welcoming to new staff. health care over all has a high turn over rate which can be challenging because we are constantly getting new management and staff. The hardest yet most enjoyable part of my job is direct patient care. its difficult sometimes dealing with sick and disgruntled patients but the joy of helping those in need is priceless. My job has helped me get thicker skin, handle emergency situations with ease and become a confident employee.
Pros
Lots of overtime and you learn a lot.
Cons
High Employee turn over rate and poor health care plan.
Very nice place with great employees.
Dining Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 6, 2013
As a Dining Coordinator, I have to take orders, cook, clean, and give customer service to our residents. I love working at Glacier Hills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glacier Hills. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7