Glacier Hills

Glacier Hills Employee Reviews

Crystal
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2015
Pros: Room to grow
Working for Glacier Hills is great! The management is great you can always talk to them. The hardest part of my job is losing a client. Its very easy to bond with client they become family.
Nice Place, HORRIBLE Management
Care Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor , MiApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nurses, CNAs, Pay, Overtime, workload
Cons: MANAGEMENT, Schedulers
Management does not care at all. They will leave ALL issues up to the nurses and aides then go home. Only time they try to LOOK like they care is when State or Professionals comes in. They're fumbling and frantic, makes changes to our daily routine because they want to try something different (as if isn't working) They are constantly adding to the work load of the CNAs. They want to change the staff, like why hire us if you want us to be something else. The schedulers are awful. They will talk to you reckless if you can't come in or don't want to pick up. Crazy! The nurses are great! The cnas are great. It's definitely the upside of the job. Always willing to help you and they are like a big family. They treat you like family. Love them!! The residents are pretty cool too. Management don't think out the rooming though. They will make one hall super hard, meaning all the confused fall risks will be put on one set and they'll tell you just to hang in there or "engage" with them.
Terrible management
Cena (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Nice buildings
Cons: Unapproachable director, gossip about patients and fear of losing your job
Very mean managers. Tried to share concerns with executive director, chased away by her assistant every time. Overheard her talk about families and patients negatively with her boss. Very sad. Other nurses and cena's no teamwork. Some nice people working there but they are always in fear of their jobs. Could be a decent place, but there is no managers that will listen to the staff.
Awesome people and place to work.
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: alot of activities for employees and residents.
Cons: drama between nurses and cna's
I started here as a housekeeper and loved doing my job everyday. From setting up my cart in he morning to helping residents and co-workers when needed. I moved from housekeeping to central supply as soon as the job became available due to better hours and more pay. It was a chance to move up with more responsibilities. I enjoy working with everyone! I am a people person for sure.There were no hard things about my job, I enjoyed every aspect of it. I enjoy challenges and working with people in general.
Great interdepartmental communication.
Facility Technician (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, Mi.November 11, 2014
Rebuild air conditioners, Perform preventive maintenance on boilers, replace pump motors as needed. Install antenna and cable for residents. Replace electrical outlets and switches.
Fast paced job that never has a dull day.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime and you learn a lot.
Cons: high employee turn over rate and poor health care plan.
A typical day includes lots of walking and running, you come in contact with a lot of people from all walks of life which gives you great people skills. It takes a special person to deal with sick and injured people and their families, but that's a quality that can benefit a person in any job environment. I've been working here since i was 19 so its safe to safe I've learned a lot and grown with my job. The staff that has been working at my job for years has become like family and we are always welcoming to new staff. health care over all has a high turn over rate which can be challenging because we are constantly getting new management and staff. The hardest yet most enjoyable part of my job is direct patient care. its difficult sometimes dealing with sick and disgruntled patients but the joy of helping those in need is priceless. My job has helped me get thicker skin, handle emergency situations with ease and become a confident employee.
Love this place
CENA (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 21, 2014
So beautiful everyone is friendly and helpful, best cena job
what a joke
CENA (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 6, 2014
Pros: nice cafe, opportunities to pick up extra hours.
Cons: disrespectful workplace, unapproachable managers, unfriendly environment
at first, glacier hills seemed like a place i could really enjoy, but of course it was too good to be true. the management is completely useless and they don't appreciate or respect their workers AT ALL. as a CNA you can expect to be talked down to by the nurses, management and your fellow CNAs!
steer clear of this company!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: understaffed, no teamwork, management is very unapporachable
I have been a CNA, for almost 13 years. I thoroughly enjoy taking care of my residents. With that being said, the management is HORRIBLE! They are very unapproachable. There is NO TEAMWORK. If you ask for help, you are belittled by other CNA's and Nurses alike. The pay is on the higher side, if you are starting out as a CNA, and the top off pay isn't bad either. But, if you are leaving work every night crying, because of the working environment, it just isn't worth the money.
Fun working very friendly atmosfere
Dinner Coordinator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good food int he cafeterias nice and friendly seraundings
It was a very good experience working for Glacier Hills the supervisor and management are very understanding, the co workers were very friendly overall it was a very good experience.
terrible management/ nurses dont help each other
former RN (Former Employee), ann arbor, mi.January 11, 2014
Pros: nice cafe lounge, good wages
Cons: poor nursing management, dont care about thier employees, talk behind your back to other nurses about you
Management are so unconsiderate, not helpful to nurses, nurse management very belittling, no job security. Nurse management dont care about your workload. Poor communication from management. Will take you off the schedule with little or no notice. Make sure if your working here as a nurse have a second job to pay your bills. They play games with you like a yo-yo with your work schedule.
cena
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: nice cafe for lunch and work out area
Cons: poor staffing
terrible place to work not valued by management at all. No job security. Poor communication.
Beautiful facility/awful administration
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Ann Arbor miDecember 8, 2013
Pros: competitive pay/ lots of overtime avail
Cons: scary workload, very high acuity with ltc ratios on acu
The administration has been the same for at least 4 years and they hire very mean, rigid and arrogant managers who wouldn't step in to assist the nurses if the patients lives depended on it!!!! If you are a nurse I would not recommend this facility. The workload and liability are both uncommonly high here and the management are the most unsupportive of any facility I have been at!!!!
Caring and compassionate enviroment
CNA (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 3, 2013
Everyday you see something different. It's a fast paced place to work.
Rewarding
CNA (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 19, 2013
Work can be physically hard, but helping others is the reward.
Co-workers are willing to lend a hand.
Environment is usually fun.
Assisting residents with ADL's
Resident Service Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 21, 2013
I assisted residents with ADL's. The residents were superb, always pleasant and nice. The best part of my job. Management, however could need more help. Managers could be condescending, belittling their employees.
Very nice place with great employees.
Dining Coordinator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 6, 2013
As a Dining Coordinator, I have to take orders, cook, clean, and give customer service to our residents. I love working at Glacier Hills.
Good pay, horrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2012
The work is easy and time consuming, the pay is good and they always compensate you well for workign over time and holidays. They never recognize hard work though and no one is thanked and the management is horrible.

Glacier Hills Salaries