Glacier Hills Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Lots of work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 4, 2017
Management is very poor. They don't listen to their worker's, All way something negative that effect Co-workers, never a payraise,But the residents are sweet to work with.
Pros
Cons
Short break
Glacier hills is great job for anyone who loves people
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 15, 2017
I love my job, love my residents I serve daily. My job and my managers are a blessing . Great advancement opportunities. Great health insurance. No complaints
Good work place
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 27, 2017
Glacier Hills is a great company to work at. good pay good benefits & friendly people & loving residents I like working at Glacier Hills it's just time to do something else with my verity of skills I have provided.
Pros
Free paid thirty min breaks
Cons
Food is provided with company cafes located inside the building
Terrible place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 8, 2017
Management doesnt care and the new d.o.n does not know what shes doing. You have high acuity patients and a lot of them. Always understaffed. Raises are terrible. They keep the bad workers and get rid of the good ones
Pros
Co workers are nice
Cons
Too many to list
Be careful
LPN (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 11, 2017
I do not recommend this place if you value your nursing licence. DON will have you running the whole Floor by yourself and tell you that you can either accept the keys or resign. Acuity of sub-acute is high and there are always staffing issues. There is actually a rule in place that states that upper management can not help on the floor when you are short staffed. Only positive is tuition reimbursement.
A busy never know what you walking into place!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 6, 2017
Have to get report first thing in the morning. Help patients with ADLs and get them ready for therapy and breakfast. Assist with feedings, transfers, and toileting. What make it hard to work there is the short staffing which make it hard to provide the care I want to the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am helping someone and making someone day!
Pros
Good food and a alot of overtime
Cons
Pay rate
Flexible
PTA (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 8, 2017
Enjoy working here due to a flexible work schedule. Enjoyable coworkers.
No matter what every place changes so enjoy the whole environment.
Will continue to stay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 2, 2017
Overwork their staff. Very dishonest management. It's hard even to get a break for lunch because of not having enough time. The nurses do not work as a team.
Terrible!over worked,under staffed, and unsafe
LPN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 24, 2017
Constantly working under staff. Never adequately prepared for your daily tasks,to perform your duties. Management unwilling to assist with anything! Only will assist when family find out their love ones are being mistreated. Staff are overly lazy,and uneducated! Unsafe work environment
Pros
Clean facility, Ot
Cons
No breaks, under staffed, unsafe work load
productive.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Can in to an organized set up.
Management was great had you position ready upon arrival. All supplies given to make the job task run smoothly. Friendly environment.
Great and friendly environment.
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 6, 2017
It's a very laid back job. You have to be a hard worker and on top of your work at all times. The hardest part of the job is taking care of 20+ residents on your own.
Invested in you
Director (Current Employee) –  Long term careOctober 24, 2016
The staff and residents are all one family. There is a genuine desire to invest in the staff to make work fun, challenging, innovative and exciting. Great staffing ratios and lots of other incentives make it a premium place to work!
Terrible Place to Work !!! Money Hungry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 10, 2016
Terrible management and the CEO doesn't care about the company only money. The company is in so much debt its crazy. if you want to be stressed out this is the place for you. Dietary Department is the worst especially the new Director of Dining. This company charges the residents ridiculous prices and never prepare events for the residents its a no tip zone so if you are doing a great job the residents cant tip you.
Cons
staff doesnt help one another
New Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 13, 2016
I have been working here for a few months now and I was a little scared because of what some people posted before me. But when I started working I found out that most of the management is new, some came in just before me. They seem to be slowly making things easier for us on a daily basis and they seem to genuinely care. They even stick around and help us out. The hours are good but sometimes it is hard to fit in school and work and have a social life. But I guess thats life. The residents are awesome to work with and its fun getting to know them too. Highly recommend this place to anyone who needs a job. This place, I actually enjoy working for.
Pros
Team Work, Residents, New Management
Residents
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 28, 2016
Working with residents is the best part of the day. Needs new management overall. But all of the workers come in to work daily.
Good place
Director (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 25, 2016
typical day is very busy, many meetings, assignments/projects, fun coworkers, great benefits and vacation package, great employee appreciation events
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefit package
Cons
communication with management
Great residents, horrible upper management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 29, 2015
Upper level management unprofessional and talks about staff in a derogatory manor. Several incidents where they flat out lied. Constantly change your job on a whim and asked to do inappropriate things. If you do not go along then you are forced out or job changes. When state is in the building, everyone smiles and acts helpful. Otherwise very self-serving and horrible to staff. VP level staff member puts people in very uncomfortable situations and constantly cuts down co-workers to each other. A real shame the upper level management only cares about money and their image but little regard for employees. Treat you terrible then throw staff appreciation parties to appear like they care.
Pros
Residents, coworkers who try to do the right thing despite pressure not to.
Cons
Upper Management is horrific, unprofessional, and unethical in their treatment of employees.
Productive and pleasant place to work
LPN Contingent (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2015
Clean, diverse, and productive and pleasant place to work. Staffing is flexable for casual, part-time and full-time employees.
Crystal
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2015
Working for Glacier Hills is great! The management is great you can always talk to them. The hardest part of my job is losing a client. Its very easy to bond with client they become family.
Pros
Room to grow
Nice Place, HORRIBLE Management
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor , MiApril 6, 2015
Management does not care at all. They will leave ALL issues up to the nurses and aides then go home. Only time they try to LOOK like they care is when State or Professionals comes in. They're fumbling and frantic, makes changes to our daily routine because they want to try something different (as if isn't working) They are constantly adding to the work load of the CNAs. They want to change the staff, like why hire us if you want us to be something else. The schedulers are awful. They will talk to you reckless if you can't come in or don't want to pick up. Crazy! The nurses are great! The cnas are great. It's definitely the upside of the job. Always willing to help you and they are like a big family. They treat you like family. Love them!! The residents are pretty cool too. Management don't think out the rooming though. They will make one hall super hard, meaning all the confused fall risks will be put on one set and they'll tell you just to hang in there or "engage" with them.
Pros
Nurses, CNAs, Pay, Overtime, workload
Cons
Management, Schedulers