Glade Run Lutheran Services

Glade Run Lutheran Services Employer Reviews

A good place to work if you have a life and a family.
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2014
You feel cared about. You're encouraged to take care of yourself. There are opportunities for advancement. Best co-workers I've ever had. Flexibility in schedule compensates for lack of money. Hardest part of the job is that things are constantly changing.
Poorly Run
worker (Current Employee), ZelienopleJuly 25, 2013
Pros: scenic campus, animals
Cons: wages, outdated rules, lack of leadership, cronyism
Still back in the 1960's with the executive staff firmly entrenched in their ivory tower. Corporate culture is poor with a vague sense of mission. Strict vertical chain of command and no communication between departments. Nice guy, but very weak, CEO in charge so we survive in spite of our poor misguided policies. Worker bees at the bottom do the heavy – more... lifting while those in director positions muddle around trying to look busy. A recipe for disaster but we manage to survive - not thrive. Its a shame because abused kids deserve topnotch programs and better care . – less
Review Summary
Case Manager (Current Employee), Butler, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: setting your own schedule, good supervision, open-door policies actually implemented
Cons: not being compensated for actual mileage, driving everywhere, eating, constant text messages/talking on phone (all at the same time) in the car
A typical day at the job? That is hard to describe because each day is completely and totally different. You typically set your own schedule with a partner you work with 70% of the time. You and your partner have at least 6-8 cases (families) that you are required to wok with uing Structural Family Therapy. If you are interested in staying with the – more... company, within three years of completing the trainings you will be considered a Masters Level Therapist; but within the company alone.
I have learned much about myself, i regards to my morals and values. I have learned about families and their struggles, where they have been, and how they got to where they are today. I have seen a lot of abuse, reviewed traumatic and very personal histories of the family members.
In regards to co-workers, they are nice people. The only downfall is that you do not say in the office longer than 3 hours every other day. Your office becomes your vehicle, your trunk, and your own living room.
The hardest part about the job is not having a constant schedule, havin clients cancel repeatedly, working long hours, driving all over a county(s), having to change churches, clubs, places you go to shop because your clients either work there or are members of the same organizations you are a member of.
The most enjoyable part of the job is whn you are discharging a family; especially the ones you either could not stand and/or the families you were most proud of. The families you are proud of and/or like are far andfew in between. – less
Unorganized structure
Family Based Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee), Zelienople, PAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: jeans to work
Cons: poor structure, poor benefits and pay
Poor structure of the agency. Out dated forms circulating that people are not sure if they are to be implemented. If in the red, you can expect a pay cut. They do little to maintain employees thus a high turn over rate

About Glade Run Lutheran Services

Glade Run provides foster care services to children from birth to 18 years of age. The children needing foster care have been – Read more