Glade Run Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

not good
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJuly 19, 2017
employees were mandated to work overtime (double shifts) or threatened their jobs. favorites were noted by managers. employees were treated as glorified babysitters.
Pros
learned i wanted out of this field
Cons
overworked and underpaid - no advancement opportunities
Terrible experience - BSC/MT
BSC/MT (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJune 24, 2017
Wraparound for Butler and Beaver County is terrible. There was a lack of training & supervision, my supervisor had NO interest in my success or the client’s success, no consistency, and HORRIBLE communication. They “threw me into the water” to sink/swim with no guidance. I never felt appreciated for my hard work. Poor compensation for the amount of work that is expected.
Not worth the stress!!!
Former school based therapist, current BSC/MT (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PA, zelienople, paMay 19, 2017
The school based therapist job sounds like the most idyllic placement for a working professional with a family of school aged children. And it is. But not through Glade Run. Depending on when you're hired, you will receive sub par training a literal 3 hour crash course and be thrown into completing full assessments, treatment plans, reports, etc. Although not an overwhelming prospect if you have the background in mental health services, don't expect any support or clarification from your supervisors; you're on your own. You'll get more help from your fellow therapists than anyone in management because you're all in the same boat trying to figure out what is expected of you without any guidance. Don't count on having questions through phone calls and emails answered in a timely manner if, at all. Your understanding and ability to learn and perform your job to the best of your abilities is simply NOT important or a priority to them. However, if you make a mistake or don't do something they expect on their terms, be prepared for a review on your lack of job performance and communication skills. Management only comes to you when it's convenient for them. Working with the students and other therapists is a great positive of this job but it is paled in comparison to the enormous amount of stress and scrutiny you are under. Don't expect a straight answer when you DO ask a question to a supervisor and don't get a straight answer; they expect you to read their mind and "infer" without actually telling you it's wrong or to do it differently. The reason this position is always open and  more... they are always looking for more therapists is because very few people can endure the unreasonable expectations, the negative lackluster support and communication from management and feelings of failure and incompetence due to minimal training and being constantly berated for mistakes you didn't know you were making. There are plenty of other school based positions in other companies available that provide much more support and a positive working environment. This job is not worth the stress, negative feedback, lack of communication and constant changing expectations of your workload. If they want any hope of saving this program, FIRE THE SUPERVISORS IMMEDIATELY!!!  less
Pros
Other therapists, clients, school setting
Cons
Lack of communication, horrible supervision and management, constant changes in work
Does not appreciate talented staff
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAMay 13, 2017
I worked at Glade Run for over ten years. I stared with a position in Family Based, went to BHRS services and ended being an Outpatient Therapist. In the beginning, management was supportive. My original supervisor was invested in her staff and agency clients. Through the years, management changed and also their priorities. It became a money game with little focus on the clients and diminishing support towards their employees. Glade Run wants to hire the "best of the best" but does not pay competitive rates. Middle management have NO power, they serve as puppets for upper management, whom have completely lost touch with direct care. Managers advance their friends and family members. The last draw for me personally was when I felt "tolerated" not "appreciated" in the workplace. My clients enjoyed working with me and I had supportive co-workers. I was an excellent clinician awarded with prestigious honors for my work. Glade Run did not acknowledge or appear to care about these things. They will say that things "are turning around." Don't believe it! Glade Run has been forced to lay off staff and lost their main income source (RTF.) This is a sinking ship..don't get aboard.
Pros
The clients and fellow co-workers
Cons
Management is not supportive, very low pay, and loss of focus on service to clients
Lot of burned out staff
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAApril 6, 2017
At the time I worked there a lot of changes were occurring in terms of building of new residential facilities . The staff working daily with the youth lacked education about mental illness and sometimes contributed to the residents needing restrained . Hopefully this has improved .
Pros
autonomous roles
Cons
lacking supervision
16 years of growth
Program Manager of Outpatient Programs (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, Butler, Cranberry, and PittsburghMarch 15, 2017
I have been an employee for over 16 years. Started as a therapist and I am currently a Program Manager overseeing four clinical sires in three counties. We offer reputable and dynamic therapeutic outpatient services. Great clinicians on every team at each site. Many changes over the years; however, stability and growth are settling in. Looking forward to growth opportunities in all the communities. If your a therapist, licensed or not, and want to give 15 hours a month...come join our team!
Pros
Flexibility. Teamwork. Set your own schedule. Growth. Support. Clinical supervision.
Cons
I'll let you know when I come across one!
Rewarding work providing the opportunity to make a difference.
Mental Health Worker III (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Despite an erratic schedule (e.g. 3-11pm shift today, 7-3pm tomorrow), the work was rewarding and often fun. I learned necessary skills in many areas, including crisis avoidance, crisis management, consistency, and that kindness and a smile go a long way. My Client focus was with 15-18 year old adolescent females in need of counsel, family and individual therapy, and time to heal. Management was very consistent and supportive within the cottage, however, upper management lacked visibility and transparency, resulting in the workforce having no idea what direction we were heading in. The workplace culture seemed to be different in each of the six cottages, each serving a different population. The culture in my cottage consisted of Staff that cared for each other and the Clients we were entrusted to care for. The hardest part of the job may have been the erratic schedule mentioned above, and working four out of every five weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching a Client grow and heal. Knowing that you had earned a Clients' trust and played a part in a successful discharge was very satisfying.
Pros
Making a difference, great Staff, free parking and meals.
Cons
Schedule, upper management lack of visibility and transparency.
Agency provides quality services to the community.
Outpatient Therapist and BSC/MT (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy the direct care, working with children and their families in a variety of settings, including Outpatient clinic, homes, schools and in the community.
Job Instability
School Based Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 2, 2017
This company has been investigated by the Department of Public Welfare and has closed all of their residential programs. Recently many employees across all departments have been "let go". I fear my program will close and I will not have a job. The entire agency has been in jeopardy as evidenced by the public information / press stories. I loved my co-workers and my direct supervisor was very kind and understanding. I liked the kids I worked with and felt I was making a difference in their lives.
Pros
Free meals, holidays off, great people to work with
Cons
Poor management
Loved my job and people I worked with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PADecember 21, 2016
Great company to work for, as well as great people. I did full cycle Accounts Payable as well as assisted in other areas in the office when needed. Gained lots of knowledge and experience with Company Mileage, Microsoft word and Excel. Management was very helpful and very easy to work for. Co-workers were a wonderful group of people to work with.
Employees committed to the care and well being of their clients
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PANovember 17, 2016
Great environment for kids. Rustic yet close to major city. Considered first class service provider. Gives children and families the care and service necessary to facilitate an early return to the family unit. The school is outstanding!.
Flexible hours and Good Services for the Client
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2016
I've been a part-time Behavior Specialist Consultant (BSC) at Glade Run for 9 months now and I love working for this organization. It's good for a part time job, because I am able to be flexible with my hours. I feel like my co-workers and supervisors really care about helping us provide services for our clients and focus is mainly on treatment and the therapeutic process. My supervisors are very helpful and provide good constructive criticism when needed. Overall, I've had a great experience working for Glade Run so far!
Pros
Good therapy, friendly co-workers, great counseling experience
Cons
too much driving around the city, hard to get full-time hours
Flexible hours
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2016
A great place to work as many or as little hours as you would like. Opportunity to gain experience in work with different needs in the population.
Cons
travel
MHW (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PASeptember 2, 2016
Nothing is logical on this campus. No advancement. Children are not the focal point. Enabling children not helping them. Go elsewhere for your experience. Not worth the risks you take AEB very minimal pay and no support by anyone.
Pros
N/a
Sad place to be
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAAugust 13, 2016
There's no team work.... It's every man for themselves. Power hungry upper management. No support from management, administration, or your own peer group. Little is appreciated and more is always expected. Individual groups of employee's by title, are treated differently. There's no consistency in work distribution, changes or enforcement of policy and/or laws. I wouldn't consider working here for you job seekers out there... And I don't intend to stay much longer.
Pros
There's overtime
Cons
low pay, inconsistent, poorly treated, power hungry management
Poor compensation for working so hard
Supervisor of School-Based Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
poor compensation
no incentive to keep working for organization
poor upper management
over worked and under paid
unsupportive management at times
mostly friendly coworkers
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
poor pay, overworked
It's a decent startup job for experience
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Job can be very demanding at times, but employees are given breaks if needed and appreciated by management. It's an ok job for the first few years after college.
Pros
decent pay, work as many hours as you want, employee appreciation events
Cons
High turnover rate for staff and management, inconsistent policy demands
Don't do it unless you have to
Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJune 10, 2015
seriously, what a nightmare. Poor management, horrible works my conditions, constant stress, HORRIBLE PAY, high risk environment both physically and emotionally.
Pros
" Helping children" though it wasn't really helping them
Cons
Everything else
Good entry level into mental health field
Job Coach, Appointment Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMay 26, 2015
This is a good place to start and get experience, but not stay. The people that work in the units are good people and care about the clients, but the administration doesn't care if you can pay your bills. Their raises don't keep up with the cost of living.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
pay
Don't do it!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Glade Run, PAMay 19, 2015
No advancement. No money. For a dollar raise people had to reapply for a job they already had. Management was sneaky. No help. They refuse to get up with the times and trying to understand their clients lifestyles. They are old school for sure! Stepping stone job or just to get out the house job.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
everything else