Glade Run Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

Rewarding work providing the opportunity to make a difference.
Mental Health Worker III (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Despite an erratic schedule (e.g. 3-11pm shift today, 7-3pm tomorrow), the work was rewarding and often fun. I learned necessary skills in many areas, including crisis avoidance, crisis management, consistency, and that kindness and a smile go a long way. My Client focus was with 15-18 year old adolescent females in need of counsel, family and individual therapy, and time to heal. Management was very consistent and supportive within the cottage, however, upper management lacked visibility and transparency, resulting in the workforce having no idea what direction we were heading in. The workplace culture seemed to be different in each of the six cottages, each serving a different population. The culture in my cottage consisted of Staff that cared for each other and the Clients we were entrusted to care for. The hardest part of the job may have been the erratic schedule mentioned above, and working four out of every five weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching a Client grow and heal. Knowing that you had earned a Clients' trust and played a part in a successful discharge was very satisfying.
Pros
Making a difference, great Staff, free parking and meals.
Cons
Schedule, upper management lack of visibility and transparency.
Agency provides quality services to the community.
Outpatient Therapist and BSC/MT (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy the direct care, working with children and their families in a variety of settings, including Outpatient clinic, homes, schools and in the community.
Job Instability
School Based Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJanuary 2, 2017
This company has been investigated by the Department of Public Welfare and has closed all of their residential programs. Recently many employees across all departments have been "let go". I fear my program will close and I will not have a job. The entire agency has been in jeopardy as evidenced by the public information / press stories. I loved my co-workers and my direct supervisor was very kind and understanding. I liked the kids I worked with and felt I was making a difference in their lives.
Pros
Free meals, holidays off, great people to work with
Cons
Poor management
Loved my job and people I worked with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PADecember 21, 2016
Great company to work for, as well as great people. I did full cycle Accounts Payable as well as assisted in other areas in the office when needed. Gained lots of knowledge and experience with Company Mileage, Microsoft word and Excel. Management was very helpful and very easy to work for. Co-workers were a wonderful group of people to work with.
Employees committed to the care and well being of their clients
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PANovember 17, 2016
Great environment for kids. Rustic yet close to major city. Considered first class service provider. Gives children and families the care and service necessary to facilitate an early return to the family unit. The school is outstanding!.
Flexible hours and Good Services for the Client
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2016
I've been a part-time Behavior Specialist Consultant (BSC) at Glade Run for 9 months now and I love working for this organization. It's good for a part time job, because I am able to be flexible with my hours. I feel like my co-workers and supervisors really care about helping us provide services for our clients and focus is mainly on treatment and the therapeutic process. My supervisors are very helpful and provide good constructive criticism when needed. Overall, I've had a great experience working for Glade Run so far!
Pros
Good therapy, friendly co-workers, great counseling experience
Cons
too much driving around the city, hard to get full-time hours
Flexible hours
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2016
A great place to work as many or as little hours as you would like. Opportunity to gain experience in work with different needs in the population.
Cons
travel
MHW (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PASeptember 2, 2016
Nothing is logical on this campus. No advancement. Children are not the focal point. Enabling children not helping them. Go elsewhere for your experience. Not worth the risks you take AEB very minimal pay and no support by anyone.
Pros
N/A
Sad place to be
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAAugust 13, 2016
There's no team work.... It's every man for themselves. Power hungry upper management. No support from management, administration, or your own peer group. Little is appreciated and more is always expected. Individual groups of employee's by title, are treated differently. There's no consistency in work distribution, changes or enforcement of policy and/or laws. I wouldn't consider working here for you job seekers out there... And I don't intend to stay much longer.
Pros
There's overtime
Cons
low pay, inconsistent, poorly treated, power hungry management
Poor compensation for working so hard
Supervisor of School-Based Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
poor compensation
no incentive to keep working for organization
poor upper management
over worked and under paid
unsupportive management at times
mostly friendly coworkers
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
poor pay, overworked
It's a decent startup job for experience
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Job can be very demanding at times, but employees are given breaks if needed and appreciated by management. It's an ok job for the first few years after college.
Pros
decent pay, work as many hours as you want, employee appreciation events
Cons
High turnover rate for staff and management, inconsistent policy demands
Don't do it unless you have to
Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJune 10, 2015
seriously, what a nightmare. Poor management, horrible works my conditions, constant stress, HORRIBLE PAY, high risk environment both physically and emotionally.
Pros
" Helping children" though it wasn't really helping them
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Good entry level into mental health field
Job Coach, Appointment Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMay 26, 2015
This is a good place to start and get experience, but not stay. The people that work in the units are good people and care about the clients, but the administration doesn't care if you can pay your bills. Their raises don't keep up with the cost of living.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
pay
Don't do it!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Glade Run, PAMay 19, 2015
No advancement. No money. For a dollar raise people had to reapply for a job they already had. Management was sneaky. No help. They refuse to get up with the times and trying to understand their clients lifestyles. They are old school for sure! Stepping stone job or just to get out the house job.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
everything else
Intensive Direct Care Work
Must be flexible
40+ hours a week
Just don't.
Mental Health Worker III (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMarch 16, 2015
It is a job devoted to helping children in an environment that makes it difficult to do so. The majority of the staff are dedicated people who get over worked quickly and deal with inconsistent rules and management. The pay is below average and the ceiling is hit within a year or two. It has been and still is a good place to get work experience, but only for a short time.
Pros
Plenty of over time. Some excellent people to work with.
Cons
The pay is not equal to the risks and difficulty of the work.
Giving Back
Mental Health Worker III (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMarch 12, 2015
The ability to give back to the community and society by helping youth overcome past traumatic abuse and mental health issues. To be integrated into foster homes or back with their own families.
Horrible Place To Work For
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2015
First, the agency pays terribly. Don't expect to get much benefits either. Direct care workers make about 11 dollars an hour and they have to have a bachelor's degree. If you have a Master's degree you can make less than thirty-five thousand. They don't care about advancement. The same people have been there for 20 years and are making outdated decisions. They play favoritism. If you aren't in the "in" circle of the agency don't expect to get promoted. Really unprofessional.
Cons
dedicated staff with good vision for services to children
Behavior Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Staff willing to be inclusive of many ideas and points of view on topics concerning work environment and suggestions for improvement.
Pros
Great clientele
Cons
PT work was not enough hours
Not a nice place
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 8, 2014
management would "bash" religion and it is a religious organization, go figure. there was lots of favoritism, as one could go far depending who he/she knew. long hours and not enough time to complete paperwork. management had their favorites and would look down on others.
Pros
Cons
favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glade Run Lutheran Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9