Gladys Porter Zoo Employee Reviews

gladys porter zoo
Cashier/Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 7, 2017
GPZ was a great place to work i got to meet a lot of amazing people and established life log friends. Working around all the animals was such and enjoyable perk.
Rewarding and positive Job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78520March 21, 2017
A non-profit organization that make its donations go a long way. The Zoo provides a wonderful educational value to the city. Workplace culture is positive and everyone pitches in and makes your job easier. A very rewarding job.
Pros
Employee's
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
not really that productive.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 14, 2017
a typical day was cleaning before opening,checking merchandise,walk around greeting customers helping them if they need any,pricing tagging.it was difficult for me because of the hours.they weren't enough,sometimes i would only be able to get around 13 hours in a week which wasnt enough & most of the time the store ended up closing early.
Fun to work with the animals.
Australia Zoo Section, Keeper Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 20, 2015
I would pick up saw dust and hay for the Kangaroo. Then take them outside so that I can clean their cages. I would wash and dry the cage then fill it with saw dust and put some hay on top. Finally I would fill food and water bowls and let them in. Then I would go do the same for inside cages. Sometimes I would have to help with diets, clean the hallways and the outside exhibit.
A non-profit organization with heart
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 28, 2013
The people that work at the Gladys Porter Zoo have a genuine love for the Zoo and its mission.
Summer job - love the zoo and animals
Sales in Consession (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 21, 2012
I would have loved to be a zoo keeper but this was as close as I could get. Provided information to customers on exhibits and sold them products from consession. Clean up was the hardest of the day but not impossible. Management was 'like us' no one was really superior, great treatment with respect.
Pros
got to go to the zoo dail
Cons
no benefits