Glanbia Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Its a bus ride, only u are under it!
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  CoronaJune 15, 2015
I been working here for 8 years. I am a mechanic. It was a good place to work. About a year ago they hired a new boss over all of maintenance. It is not good anymore. Contractors do our work. We ask for training and we don’t get it, cuz they hire a contractor for 4 times our salary and they do a bad job. They don’t let us share our skills and when the lines are down we can’t get parts out cuz it would be to expensive to fix them before they break. I guess that new boss wants that bonus so he puts broken parts in the stock and when we use them they break other parts of the equipment. Plus he never approves us to get parts when we could fix it ourselves, he hires those wack vendors. I think operations is getting better with listening. We are separate from operations and our bosses pretend to listen, but that new main boss is the only one who makes the plans and controls everything and he only pretends that he cares cuz when it matters he doesn’t listen. I am trying to get another job so if you are taking over my spot GOOOOO LUUUCK and watch your back. It’s a place where the bosses get thrown under the bus and you will be the first one thrown under. The main guy drives the bus.
Pros
Like the co-workers and everyone works together well
Cons
Some people are trying to make it better but others stop them
Wonderful Management Team
Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 27, 2015
They provide plenty of training to help you understand the process in place. There has been a lot of management change in the short time I have been there but a lot of it was for the better.
Pros
Long Term Employment, Training
Cons
Does not like to advance perfers to keep someone trained on the floor to stay on the floor.
good job.
Transportation Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 21, 2015
good culture, good people. I really enjoyed it. wish I didn't have to leave. pay is pretty good as well. good benefits and other compensations.
Looks great on paper, but years away from good
Operator (Current Employee) –  CoronaFebruary 4, 2015
Aseptic Solutions was a small company purchased by Glanbia. Glanbia is an amazing world wide company. This could be a great company one day, but it is currently in a state of disrepair. You may feel that you can come here and change the world, but beware it will be equivalent to a Lord of the Rings journey and you will have very little support. Its a filling plant and there are many of those in socal. Keep looking don't stop here or you will end up becoming that evil little hobit. HR is poor at best. There is almost no safety program here and it has been years of no fire safety, evacuation plans, LOTO, etc. There is no training here and no interest in promoting from within. Electrical cords that are no longer shielded just sort of hang out, and there are electrical panels all over that don't close with trash bags over them. There is a movement to fix things, but again this is going to be years of work. If they trained people more it would be better for everyone especially the customers. Do yourself a favor and wait till it is fixed before coming here.
Pros
you can make a difference since it is in such a terrible state
Cons
it will be an uphill challenge and there is no training or support.
Some of the best people to work with
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 19, 2015
A great, dynamic work environment. The company will teach you everything you want to learn. If they arent helping you grow, youre not asking.
Fast paced
Critical to Quality Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Gooding, IDJanuary 25, 2014
There was always definitely something to keep you busy, which allows for the shift to pass quickly. The close, tight knit shifts allows good friendships to develop with fellow co-workers. There was always some sort of over time available to those who wanted it. It was a lot of manual labor and hard work with constant standing over a 12 hour or longer shift and on very busy days it was hard to get a break.
Pros
good pay and a good work schedule
Cons
too many meetings that needed to be attended on days off.
Bulk Milk Hauler
Truck Driver/Bulk (Current Employee) –  Gooding, IDOctober 4, 2012
Typical day at work consists of a truck inspection then I go to the Dairy and pick up my milk then deliever it back to the plant. I have to follow USDA, DOT and Glanbia rules and regulations at all time
Pros
14 days off a month/ great benefits
Cons
working in the cold
Productive,safe work environment
Special Projects Dept. - Machinist/Welder (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 18, 2012
start the day off with a safety breafing and go over what the work load is. I learned a lot about safety. The managers are grate to work with. My co-workers are top notsh and work as a teem. The hardest part of my job is the paper work. The best part is i get to do what I love working wth my hands

Want to know more about Glanbia Foods?

Ask a question