Glanbia Nutritionals Employee Reviews

very hard work
Milling Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 23, 2017
The work was hard, the management fought, diverse, good pay.
I liked working 12 hours but not all the holidays. I learned about flax quinoa pea fiber, chia.
Pros
12 hr days
Cons
12 hr days
Fun to work there
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2016
It is a great place to work and a lovely management to be with. I work with a lot of funny and happy people. We love what we do and we all want to succeed in what ever we do.
Management is a joke, no one in production ever takes them serious. they tell us how to work, but yet don't know the process
Production Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 6, 2016
it's by far the worst company i have ever worked for. i can't wait for the day the let the plant manager go but i doubt that will happen any time soon.
na
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  IdahoApril 24, 2016
Glanbia is big on lean manufacturing but they've went to far on cutting potions. This made the work life balance of the existing employees very poor. Glanbia has lost alot of good employees because of this
Aseptic Solution / Glanbia
Production Manager / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 21, 2014
Long Hours , Good Pay , Not the best for a person with a family.
Great People, Environment a WIP
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 5, 2014
On a daily basis the stresses of who is responsible for completing daily goals were cumulative. Some mid level managers were attentive and helpful while others just told upper management what they wanted to hear. Testing results not meeting specs were mostly just sent back to be "reworked" by faulty direction in quality.

I learned quickly to trust only those that seemingly cared more about their primary tasks and did not ignore the unsurmountable requests from others. This way we can help each others get daily tasks done, to complete the aggregate goals on time.
The hardest part of the job was upper management pretending to know what the production level employees needed to complete their job. Later, they would justify why asking for more help or newer equipment, or other add ons was unnecessary.
We became a reactionary-last minute action group, and never did anything with planning or preventative.
I really enjoyed the light hearted banter, productive approach, and social atmosphere some of us across many departments created. We did our job, got along, and praised those that deserved it.
Pros
great gym, facility access, people.
Cons
lack of direct management support
Nationwide Vitamin Supplement Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 18, 2013
I was a temp at this company several years ago, providing support for a software implementation. The management was below par. I was provided little direction or training and I was even threatened by my Account Manager.
Pros
Large scale company with a variety
Cons
Poor management and organization
Safe clean work environment
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 5, 2013
Assemble orders for mixing rooms. drive fork lift equipment.
Pros
High 401k match
Cons
Poor pay advance schedule
The worst in Carlsbad, CA
Quality (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 21, 2013
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is disorganized. There's no standard protocol. Leadership is a total failure. The people loves to cover their AS*ES*, making work ridiculously stupid. If you or your relative (children) get sick and you need to call for sick time, you will receive a very uncaring, inconsiderate response. The only thing I see here that's good in here, is the bonus. But who cares about the bonus when you are working like a horse, literally every single hour of the day. I gave it 2 stars just for the bonus. (There are alot of companies who gives bonuses but still the best place / environment to work at)
Pros
bonus
Cons
everything that you could think of
Labor Intensive
Operator, Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 17, 2012
Blending previta mix, boxing, times, and running rooms. Afterward wash and sanatize.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
bad company moral