Glass Doctor Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
I love working for a small company! It is a very busy, fast paced environment. Multi-tasking is definitely in my day to day work! I love the people I work with! Every day is different and filled with new challenges!
Glass Doctor
Office/Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 7, 2015
Typical day at work was managing office workers, handling heavy flow of paper work, and answering phones. I learned a lot about how beneficial it was to work extremely close with co workers and maintaining good communication with those co workers. Good experience for a first time manager.
A great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2015
Glass Doctor is a great place to work. It has a family environment.I love working there and the people that I work with. Is a very easy going place to work where everyone works together to get the job done.
Pros
Feels like family!
Cons
Salary
not the nice place it seemed at first
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama CityOctober 8, 2015
I only worked there less than a year. The Operations Manager was friendly at first but then offered no help to train. They just expected a new hire to have the same amount of knowledge a seasoned employee. Not only would the OM get increasingly angry when asked for help (mind you... no one was there full time to train. So they put you in this position and left you to the wolves) but then yelled and scolded like a parent to a child. They were degrading, condescending and disrespectful all while being cussed at. I liked the values of the company and was excited to work for them....but this side office was a joke.I quickly lost all enthusiasm in about a month. Over the time I was there, the OM often would make remarks about doing things that had no morale ground. Talking about double charging insurance companies, and up charging military personnel so what would be a military discount would actually be at regular cost. No lunches and it was spun like "But you get overtime for it." How is that a perk?
Cons
no breaks, condescending Manager
managed shop and installed glass
Manager /Installer (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 6, 2015
I really like the job and the people I worked with. it was nice to go in every day. but the owner just was not very good with money. really nice guy but company went under and everyone was out of work.
productive and busy work place!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa txSeptember 3, 2015
Working at Glass Doctor taught me to multi task at an expert level!
Always super busy! Interacting with different people was my favorite part of the job!
Pros
meeting and chatting with new people daily!
Cons
one mistake can ruin a whole order!
Productive and well family oriented
CSR/SALES (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2015
An amazing place to work at. I feel like I'm home when I am here because the coworkers are more than just the people that I work with.
Productive Career
Automotive Window Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 2, 2015
I enjoy working at Glass doctor, however i am all for learning more crafts and trades. I have learned how to repair windsheilds which is something i didnt know how to do before working at glass doctor
Don't work here
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OHMay 25, 2015
Poor Management, No benefits, Cuts your hours, and No organization.

The stress is very high, not from the job itself, but from the lack of trainer the boss gives you. Also, the rules were always changing from day to day.
Pros
non
Cons
too many to list
Nice place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Very busy office while it was open. It closed about 9 months after I went to work there.
Terrible work environment
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 30, 2014
I was hired as an estimator for this company, I worked only
one month for this company and left. Terrible management , very disorganized, owner is very good at turning his mistakes in to your mistakes...high turn over of employees.
Cons
no insurance or benefits, rude boss, difficult co workers.
productive and fun job
Glass (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 28, 2014
Its a good Job
kind of boring but fun
We go out and install glass to businesses,homes,and autos
but at the end this Job is fun and mostly we just sit and wait for installment calls
Cons
short breaks
Co-workers are easy to work, great work environement
Office Assistant/ Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COMay 14, 2014
Typical day at work involves making schedules, invoicing work orders, recording payments, providing customers with product information and repairing windshields. I've learned a alot about working in an office environment as well as glass. The management is out of this world, they are very understanding when it comes to family problems. The management also makes sure everybody is never over worked and they will listen if you have a problem. My co-workers are great! I've never had a problem with anybody I work with. Everybody understands we are there to work and not mess around. We do joke often but we always manage to more done than what is in our daily workload. The hardest part of job job is during the summer. The workload is alot during the summer and is very fast paced.
Fast pace office
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 1, 2014
I work in the office with my manager, who works in the field most of the time. My co workers are located in the home office in Niceville.

Come in open the office up, check for delivery of parts and return afterhours calls. I log all parts/material received. Post all payments and request payment for accounts due. Schedule and confirm appointments. Order and track all parts/materials needed for future work. File Auto Insurance claims. Answer all incoming calls on multiline phone. Log and keep up with inventory. Track all incoming and outgoing payments.
Pros
occasional free lunch or donuts!!
Cons
work alone, hard to get time off
Very good co-workers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 2, 2014
I loved my job but North Carolina department of revenue closed it down .
I opened shop every morning and answered phones for first hour,then i would get jobs ready for the day and send my guys out on jobs.Then i got to go interact with my great customers.
Pros
got to meet alot of great people
Cons
wish i would have had a owner that really cared about his buisness
A great work enviroment
Glazer (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLDecember 20, 2013
Glass Doctor was a great job to have.It paid alright. The work was productive and entertaining.The crew was great. Overall it was great.With some minor faults.
Pros
great crew. good pay. nice hours.
Cons
bad management
Glass Doctor
Administration/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 16, 2013
Glass Doctor is a company that is awesome to work for. Management is great and everyone get along like a family. The hardest part about the job is those customers that are from a third party for example warranty customers. We can not control the amount of time it takes to get their windows and that is always hard to explain. The most enjoyable part about my job here is when I sell something that makes a difference in someone's home life that is just makes them so happy and that is done here almost every day!
worst glass company to work for in Cleveland,Ohio
Glass Techician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioNovember 8, 2013
First off, I don't have anything bad to say about Glass Doctor in general, just the office I was working for. Since each office is independently owned all my complaints are only about the office I worked for in Cleveland, Ohio.

When I was hired, as a glass technician, I was told that I would be working near where I live, instead I ended up working 1.5 hours from my home. This forced me to be on the road 15+ hours a week, traveling to/from work and not getting paid for it.

I was told I would be getting a work truck to use and take home, instead I was forced to drive my own vehicle to the company shop each day and then drive the company truck which was returned to the shop at the end of the work day. As a result I ended up driving 18,000 miles in my own car in only 6 months. By the way, I was the ONLY technician this applied to. I watched as month after month other people were hired and given trucks to take home while I was forced to drive to the shop each day, just to get into a truck, to work sometimes near my house, only to have to have to drive back to the shop to drop off the truck.

I was suspended 2 times because the owner didn't feel I was working hard enough or meeting his expectations. If this was true, why was I not fired?

After my first suspension I was basically assigned menial tasks that involved working in the shop taking inventory and making deliveries and pickups. This resulted in my pay being cut from $16 an hour to $7.85 (minimum wage), where it stood for the rest of the time I was employed. I don't believe this was legal but the owner did it anyway and I
  more... basically had no other choice but to continue to work for minimum wage, hoping it would get better, which it did not.

After my 2nd suspension, I was informed that I was beig treated as trainee and that I had to prove my worth to the company.

In the 6+ months I worked for Glass Doctor of Cleveland, I watched as no fewer than 7 people either quit or were fired.

I finally had enough, and like many other before me, I quit.

The owner does not care about his employees, he only cares about how much money each person brings into the company.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR GLASS DOCTOR OF CLEVELAND (aka Service Convience).
Cons
the owner changed my pay scale as he saw fit, always lowering it
management was terrible
glazier (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paOctober 30, 2013
had no other workers but me and when I did they had no idea of what was going on that included management
Regional Dispatch Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, New YorkOctober 1, 2013
Load my truck with my daily auto glass parts. And travel from location to location to take care of customers. Hardest things was working under severe weather. The most enjoyable was working on my own at my own pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glass Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.