Glass Doctor Employee Reviews

owner/manager is a joke of a boss
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2017
The owner/manager ruined this job for me. Didn't matter how well you did your job... if he didn't like you, you were gone! I watched people come and go for no apparent reason.
Cons
no benefits, boss is an idiot
Not a bad place to work
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 9, 2017
If you know about automotive glass and flat glass , its not a bad job.There is training but you need hands on experience to do this job.Working with glass can be dangerous so always be cautious and follow proper safety and guidelines .
Pros
relaxed enviorment
Cons
can get cold in the winter
Great place to work!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WA 98198August 6, 2017
Very much enjoyed the people I worked with. My boss at the time was very understanding and fun to work for. Comfortable and lay back atmosphere yet each person worked very hard. Extremely pleasant office environment.
Fulfilling work that makes you feel appreciated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be checking messages when you come into the office, checking in glass orders, contacting customers and assigning jobs to different employees
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Employee tracking
I had a good learing experience there.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2017
My owner has since retired and sold the francise. Old owner was very good most of the time, but his anger cost him some very good talent at times.
The core staff was very cordial with each other, and enjoyed working together. Our days were either very busy, or very dull, as we did have our peak season, and our off season.
small business atmosphere, mostly slow paced environment
Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 25, 2017
average work day can vary from 1 to over a dozen job locations. lots of travel involved. laid back management, hardest part of the job for me is the slow days.lots of things to learn on both the automotive and flat glass sides of the business.
not a place to work
GLASS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 19, 2017
This company leaves you no room to advance or make any money you top out at 15 an hour. All people will ever be in a installer and thats it. If you want to be stuck doing the same thing day in and day out with no advancement this is the place for you.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything else
Problem was the owner
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 2, 2017
Owner also owns Dr. Tint and Details, and A touch of class Limousines. A lot of fraudulent business, paychecks being cut short, hours being changed on those paychecks, and hours being cut for no reason. Anyone who catches on is fired.
Extensive Customer Care Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 24, 2017
Worked for GlassDoctor for a year and a half and the job was always a never ended change in how you view the business. There's always something new to learn and new challenges around every corner which makes things stressful, but worth it if it can be pulled off.
Since it's independently franchised out, I'm sure workplaces will differ, but there wasn't advancement opportunity for myself. As well as helping on installations on top of taking care of essentially every customer that calls in, things can be looked over and cause delays and problems within the franchise. Overall the job was great with a chance to learn a ton of new things which I otherwise would never even think of. Learned a new Point Of Sale system and took care of general billing and invoicing which provides solid experience altogether.
Pros
Always changing/ Never stale
Cons
Added work on top of expected duties
Glass Doctor is very good Organization due to it is worldwide Organization.
Auto Glass / Float Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Newyork cityMarch 8, 2017
glass bottle production and maintenance work ( bottle deffect solved any time. temperature adjust. swabing.weight difference control. share spray water adjust and any Maintenance work solve).
Pros
Free food & Acomodation
Cons
Short break and health care
Operations Manager, Internal Auditor & Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milton, WVJanuary 31, 2017
A Really busy Environment. I like being busy, it makes my day go by so fast. I really like to view a job after it is complete they do a wonderful job.I love working for Glass Doctor. They treat their people Great.
Pros
Can take a break sometimes
Cons
Never get to leave my office
Great company
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2016
I loved working there. The only downside was I was constantly butting heads with the Ops Manager. Him and I didn't quite get along. Otherwise, everyone there was awesome to work with. I really miss them
Pros
Lots.
Cons
Just the one person
very dangerous work , lots of heavy lifting
Glass Installer, Duties (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 23, 2016
very dangerous work , heavy carring glass , lots of driving , cutting glass , installing showers , door glass , home glass , patio doors ,and any glass
Pros
Cons
dangerous
Great Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
I love working for a small company! It is a very busy, fast paced environment. Multi-tasking is definitely in my day to day work! I love the people I work with! Every day is different and filled with new challenges!
Hands on learning
Glazer (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 2, 2016
Every day is different. Its all glass related, but every job you go on has its surprises and challenges; may it be something your not use to dealing with or strenuous workload. You have to trust your co-workers because this job can be dangerous if everyone is not alert and aware. Its a good experience of both physical and precision work.
Glass Doctor
Office/Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 7, 2015
Typical day at work was managing office workers, handling heavy flow of paper work, and answering phones. I learned a lot about how beneficial it was to work extremely close with co workers and maintaining good communication with those co workers. Good experience for a first time manager.
A great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2015
Glass Doctor is a great place to work. It has a family environment.I love working there and the people that I work with. Is a very easy going place to work where everyone works together to get the job done.
Pros
Feels like family!
Cons
Salary
not the nice place it seemed at first
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama CityOctober 8, 2015
I only worked there less than a year. The Operations Manager was friendly at first but then offered no help to train. They just expected a new hire to have the same amount of knowledge a seasoned employee. Not only would the OM get increasingly angry when asked for help (mind you... no one was there full time to train. So they put you in this position and left you to the wolves) but then yelled and scolded like a parent to a child. They were degrading, condescending and disrespectful all while being cussed at. I liked the values of the company and was excited to work for them....but this side office was a joke.I quickly lost all enthusiasm in about a month. Over the time I was there, the OM often would make remarks about doing things that had no morale ground. Talking about double charging insurance companies, and up charging military personnel so what would be a military discount would actually be at regular cost. No lunches and it was spun like "But you get overtime for it." How is that a perk?
Cons
no breaks, condescending Manager
managed shop and installed glass
Manager /Installer (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 6, 2015
I really like the job and the people I worked with. it was nice to go in every day. but the owner just was not very good with money. really nice guy but company went under and everyone was out of work.
productive and busy work place!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa txSeptember 3, 2015
Working at Glass Doctor taught me to multi task at an expert level!
Always super busy! Interacting with different people was my favorite part of the job!
Pros
meeting and chatting with new people daily!
Cons
one mistake can ruin a whole order!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glass Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9