Glass Doctor

Glass Doctor Employer Reviews

productive and fun job
Glass (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Its a good Job
kind of boring but fun
We go out and install glass to businesses,homes,and autos
but at the end this Job is fun and mostly we just sit and wait for installment calls
Co-workers are easy to work, great work environement
Office Assistant/ Glass Technician (Current Employee), Montrose, COMay 14, 2014
Typical day at work involves making schedules, invoicing work orders, recording payments, providing customers with product information and repairing windshields. I've learned a alot about working in an office environment as well as glass. The management is out of this world, they are very understanding when it comes to family problems. The management – more... also makes sure everybody is never over worked and they will listen if you have a problem. My co-workers are great! I've never had a problem with anybody I work with. Everybody understands we are there to work and not mess around. We do joke often but we always manage to more done than what is in our daily workload. The hardest part of job job is during the summer. The workload is alot during the summer and is very fast paced. – less
Fast pace office
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch or donuts!!
Cons: work alone, hard to get time off
I work in the office with my manager, who works in the field most of the time. My co workers are located in the home office in Niceville.

Come in open the office up, check for delivery of parts and return afterhours calls. I log all parts/material received. Post all payments and request payment for accounts due. Schedule and confirm appointments. Order – more... and track all parts/materials needed for future work. File Auto Insurance claims. Answer all incoming calls on multiline phone. Log and keep up with inventory. Track all incoming and outgoing payments. – less
Very good co-workers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 2, 2014
Pros: got to meet alot of great people
Cons: wish i would have had a owner that really cared about his buisness
I loved my job but North Carolina department of revenue closed it down .
I opened shop every morning and answered phones for first hour,then i would get jobs ready for the day and send my guys out on jobs.Then i got to go interact with my great customers.
A great work enviroment
Glazer (Former Employee), Oakland Park, FLDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great crew. good pay. nice hours.
Cons: bad management
Glass Doctor was a great job to have.It paid alright. The work was productive and entertaining.The crew was great. Overall it was great.With some minor faults.
Glass Doctor
Administration/Receptionist (Current Employee), Roseville, CADecember 16, 2013
Glass Doctor is a company that is awesome to work for. Management is great and everyone get along like a family. The hardest part about the job is those customers that are from a third party for example warranty customers. We can not control the amount of time it takes to get their windows and that is always hard to explain. The most enjoyable part – more... about my job here is when I sell something that makes a difference in someone's home life that is just makes them so happy and that is done here almost every day! – less
worst glass company to work for in Cleveland,Ohio
Glass Techician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioNovember 8, 2013
Cons: the owner changed my pay scale as he saw fit, always lowering it
First off, I don't have anything bad to say about Glass Doctor in general, just the office I was working for. Since each office is independently owned all my complaints are only about the office I worked for in Cleveland, Ohio.

When I was hired, as a glass technician, I was told that I would be working near where I live, instead I ended up working – more... 1.5 hours from my home. This forced me to be on the road 15+ hours a week, traveling to/from work and not getting paid for it.

I was told I would be getting a work truck to use and take home, instead I was forced to drive my own vehicle to the company shop each day and then drive the company truck which was returned to the shop at the end of the work day. As a result I ended up driving 18,000 miles in my own car in only 6 months. By the way, I was the ONLY technician this applied to. I watched as month after month other people were hired and given trucks to take home while I was forced to drive to the shop each day, just to get into a truck, to work sometimes near my house, only to have to have to drive back to the shop to drop off the truck.

I was suspended 2 times because the owner didn't feel I was working hard enough or meeting his expectations. If this was true, why was I not fired?

After my first suspension I was basically assigned menial tasks that involved working in the shop taking inventory and making deliveries and pickups. This resulted in my pay being cut from $16 an hour to $7.85 (minimum wage), where it stood for the rest of the time I was employed. I don't believe this was legal but the owner did it anyway and I basically had no other choice but to continue to work for minimum wage, hoping it would get better, which it did not.

After my 2nd suspension, I was informed that I was beig treated as trainee and that I had to prove my worth to the company.

In the 6+ months I worked for Glass Doctor of Cleveland, I watched as no fewer than 7 people either quit or were fired.

I finally had enough, and like many other before me, I quit.

The owner does not care about his employees, he only cares about how much money each person brings into the company.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR GLASS DOCTOR OF CLEVELAND (aka Service Convience). – less
management was terrible
glazier (Former Employee), philadelphia paOctober 30, 2013
had no other workers but me and when I did they had no idea of what was going on that included management
Regional Dispatch Manager/Technician (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, New YorkOctober 1, 2013
Load my truck with my daily auto glass parts. And travel from location to location to take care of customers. Hardest things was working under severe weather. The most enjoyable was working on my own at my own pace.
No pressure
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 6, 2013
All I did was collect money. I make the boss happy with big deposit's and happy customer's. "It was a small place but it had a big heart for helping and looking out for it's employee's.
customer service oriented
Inside Sales Representative/Book Keeper (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2013
Each day was filled with making sure the customer came first and was pleased with the technician's work and our product. I was able to learn a lot about data entry, payment research, and basic accounting responsibilities while working in this position. Co-workers were very friendly and management was very strict in their goals.
Development of company, duties and accomplishments
SALES MANAGER, OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 1, 2013
I helped the original owners (the co. was sold) develop the company from scratch to a million dollar company. Went from no flat glass at first, doing only auto glass, to 45% being flat glass. I developed the Ins. referral part of the business, going from nothing to calling on 450 agents in the Co. Springs and Pueblo areas. Developed many relationships – more... that drove in business to the company. Learned many marketing, management, advertising, and operation skills from the franchise training courses for that 'out of the box' success for your business type principals. Did hiring, firing, and training of staff on quoting software. – less
great experience
CSR (Former Employee), Clovis, NMDecember 12, 2012
i wasnt there long but i loved everyday working in that office being treated like an adult.
Very productive and a good experience
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Paterson, NJNovember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible and met a lot of good people
Cons: no benefits
Oversee daily office opertions. I learned the operation of Glass Doctor Franchise. (How to run the company) Highly organized with superior attention to detail. One girl office, so it was very busy.
If I had a do over, it would not have been with this company.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Meridian, IDAugust 29, 2012
No one there has worked longer than 6 yrs. Verry high turn-over.
Challenging and productive
Office Manager (Former Employee), Medford, ORJune 10, 2012
Pros: friendly, patient owners
Cons: the 'dirty' atmosphere of a warehouse environment
A typical day at work consisted of handling the needs of contractors, home owners, vendors and the internal office operation. I learned that I am adept at the organization and planning of a young company. Management was a husband / wife team who played fair and enjoyed working with me. I worked alone in the office. The hardest part of the job was learning – more... the enormous variety of items needed for a construction project. The most enjoyable part was leaving with a feeling of a job well done each day. – less
PRODUCTIVE
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee), CTJune 6, 2012
ALWAYS HAD A POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO THE CUSTOMER AND THE WORK I DO. I GOT ALOT OF GOOD REVIEWS ON MYH WORK AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
A typical day
Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCOctober 13, 2013
Pros: easy going enviroment
Cons: competing in a weak economy
A typical day at glass doctor included managing jobs, completeing work tickets, managing employees and interacting with customers. We were able to provide services in ICBC claims, all autoglass needs, and residential glass. We had a great team of guys and gals that made it more like a family, It was difficult to expand the business, with 14 other glass – more... shops in town, We had to constantly evolve the business plan in order to stay afloat. The most enjoyable part of the job was completeing the large, difficult jobs. making our customers happy and getting the job done right was our highest priority. – less