Glassdoor Employee Reviews in United States

Dysfunctional Family
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CADecember 16, 2014
Glassdoor wants to believe it treats its staff like a family, but it is incredibly dysfuntcional. In the beginning, they seem to treat their employees well, but then arbitrarily eliminate their roles or let them go for no good reason. I have seen it happen many times.

Also, their strategy changes so often that is there is no true job security or opportunity for advancement. The management team is inexperienced and immature and often make decisions that lack real thought or analysis.

Glassdoor's product team lacks innovation. They merely copy the market leaders - like Indeed and TripAdvisor.

Good people are being let go, and a lot of other good people are leaving. Glassdoor is not managing its growth well, and the "family" is falling apart.

*note: wrote a similar review on Glassdoor, but (surprise) they did not post it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
compensation below market, no job security, limited opportunity for advancement
Smart team with a great product
Sales (Former Employee) –  SausalitoJuly 2, 2013
Good place to start your career. The CEO definitely built a strong company with solid values. Also the B2C component is the best out there and the B2C side is growing too.
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 2, 2014
Worked as a temp for 2 months and was not hired in perm. even though they were hiring, read reviews on companies and accepted, rejected or escalated the reviews. The employees were great and the job was easy. You could work from home if you were hired in perm. The hardest part was reading a computer screen for 8 hours a day. Loved the way you were treated there, always willing to help if you could not make it in.
Pros
keurig machine, bagels the beginning of the week and donuts towards end of the week, parties on certain holidays, fully stocked fridge and cupboards.
Cons
not hired in perm.
Great Place to work with lots to do.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2014
Amazing place to work with lots to do everyday, I learned a lot during my internship. The con's would be the distance from the city, if you don't have a car its hard to get to the office everyday. But besides the the distance it's a great place to work.
Pros
free snacks, open kitchen, keeps you busy.
Cons
far away from the city, if you don't have a car it's hard to get there.
Good potential
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYNovember 12, 2014
Company had a great opportunity to growth, but lacked in upper management.
Excellent team and good opportunity to learn
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYApril 5, 2014
I love the company and what I do, being able to be helpful and apply knowledge and learning is a good opportunity for me, people are very nice and helpful, I enjoy working during the week and I miss being with my friends during the weekends
Pros
great experience to grow and be part of the company
Cons
location and working hours
Great company, Great Product
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  SausalitoOctober 15, 2012
Best company I've ever worked for and an awesome product that can't be beat!
Pros
great work environment and culture
Cons
free snacks, but no free lunch
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Awesome culture, people and work. I get to learn a lot of new things every day. What more do you need?