Glassdoor Employee Reviews

Poor work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Blue Mound, TXAugust 27, 2017
It was always hot in the building. Employees were not working at there full pace which causes us to be behind in work. Some workers don't be working at all. Managers are not professional.
Glassdoor Recruiter
Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2017
I was brought on as a contract recruiter for the summer to fill our sales roles.
I've had a blast and love the people I work with.
I hope to be extended through the fall!
Pros
People!
What You See Is Not What you Get!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAApril 23, 2017
MANAGEMENT across departments, is toxic. My manager has been known to yell at employees in front of others, call them inappropriate names and do various other horrible things that I am afraid to mention. The environment is so toxic that many are exhausted and beaten down. I've heard this is not uncommon in other departments.

FEAR BASED CULTURE - Managers use fear as main tool to "stimulate" productivity. This model is no longer working as many excellent employees are now leaving the company.

CEO - doesn't care about employee health. Its all about $$$$$. Many have gone to HR about their struggles. Nothing changes. Constant message is "make Glassdoor successful."

PAY - many are grossly underpaid.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gym, Snacks
Cons
Fear Based Culture, Management toxic, Politics more important than building product, Underpaid
great people
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2017
Glassdoor is a company with a clear mission and they work effectively to bring that mission to life. The people are friendly and competent.
Used to be great!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJuly 26, 2016
Glassdoor used to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately, they have made some significant changes within the last 12 months that has created a sour culture in sales. No one is getting paid, no one is happy, and most are looking for other jobs.

I hope they can turn it around as I truly believe in their mission and extraordinary executive leadership.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Significantly underpaid and undervalued
IT Manager & Lead Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJuly 2, 2015
I always felt like I was making a difference in the world.

The leadership is great, the people are great and the culture is great.

Just had to move continents or I would have stayed forever!
Dysfunctional Family
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CADecember 16, 2014
Glassdoor wants to believe it treats its staff like a family, but it is incredibly dysfuntcional. In the beginning, they seem to treat their employees well, but then arbitrarily eliminate their roles or let them go for no good reason. I have seen it happen many times.

Also, their strategy changes so often that is there is no true job security or opportunity for advancement. The management team is inexperienced and immature and often make decisions that lack real thought or analysis.

Glassdoor's product team lacks innovation. They merely copy the market leaders - like Indeed and TripAdvisor.

Good people are being let go, and a lot of other good people are leaving. Glassdoor is not managing its growth well, and the "family" is falling apart.

*note: wrote a similar review on Glassdoor, but (surprise) they did not post it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Compensation below market, no job security, limited opportunity for advancement
Good potential
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYNovember 12, 2014
Company had a great opportunity to growth, but lacked in upper management.
Great Place to work with lots to do.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2014
Amazing place to work with lots to do everyday, I learned a lot during my internship. The con's would be the distance from the city, if you don't have a car its hard to get to the office everyday. But besides the the distance it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free snacks, Open Kitchen, Keeps you busy.
Cons
Far away from the city, if you don't have a car it's hard to get there.
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 2, 2014
Worked as a temp for 2 months and was not hired in perm. even though they were hiring, read reviews on companies and accepted, rejected or escalated the reviews. The employees were great and the job was easy. You could work from home if you were hired in perm. The hardest part was reading a computer screen for 8 hours a day. Loved the way you were treated there, always willing to help if you could not make it in.
Pros
keurig machine, bagels the beginning of the week and donuts towards end of the week, parties on certain holidays, fully stocked fridge and cupboards.
Cons
not hired in perm.
Excellent team and good opportunity to learn
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYApril 5, 2014
I love the company and what I do, being able to be helpful and apply knowledge and learning is a good opportunity for me, people are very nice and helpful, I enjoy working during the week and I miss being with my friends during the weekends
Pros
Great experience to grow and be part of the company
Cons
Location and working hours
Smart team with a great product
Sales  (Former Employee) –  SausalitoJuly 2, 2013
Good place to start your career. The CEO definitely built a strong company with solid values. Also the B2C component is the best out there and the B2C side is growing too.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Awesome culture, people and work. I get to learn a lot of new things every day. What more do you need?
Great company, Great Product
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  SausalitoOctober 15, 2012
Best company I've ever worked for and an awesome product that can't be beat!
Pros
great work environment and culture
Cons
free snacks, but no free lunch