Glatfelter Employee Reviews

very productive and strenuous work
Paper Maker (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHAugust 1, 2017
The daily job tasks were always to make sure quality of paper was up to par for every order. So many things are required on a daily task of making paper. Truly unbelievable the size and process it takes to make a sheet of paper.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
very long hours
Great pay, terrible hours
Boiler Assistant Engineer Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OhioJuly 6, 2017
Benefits and pay are great, but come with a hefty price. Shift work which means no set schedule, one week of 3rd shift, one week of 2nd shift, and one week of 1st shift with days off in between. You will get stuck often and plan to work a typical 8 hour shift, but can end up there as many as 16 hours. You will not have time for family and sleep schedules will be ROUGH!
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
work hours
Good place to work, thining and aging workforce
Maintenance Salaried Planner (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Most days are 9 to 10 hours long in my current position, have learned that what you put into your job is what you get out of it, and for the most part working here is enjoyable
Excelent work environment and outstanding employees.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 20, 2017
Great learning environment for my major with projects that cause me to think and learn. All the surrounding staff were extremely personable and helpful. Learned skills like Microsoft Office, also learned certain processes that gave me a better understanding of chemical engineering. The most enjoyable part was my day to day tasks and learning as much as I could.
loved the job
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove, PASeptember 22, 2016
Did not like the head manager in the department, he was not easy to get along with most of the time. Even though I jumped through hoops to do all the things required and then some.
Not bad, worklife balance not so great. People are nice
HR (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 16, 2016
I worked here a few years ago in a professional office role.
Most of my co-workers were genuine, hardworking, and kind human beings. They made it worth coming to work. The international side of the business made it interesting. There was always something fast paced going on project wise. Not boring for projects, but there was some day to day drudgery that got to be a drag. It was an entry level job so drudgery is part of the deal and that's ok.
The downside is that it can be a VERY demanding place to work depending on which department you worked for and what was going on in the business. It all depends on where you end up. I left to go elsewhere for better work life balance.
No regrets about working there, but no regrets about leaving.
Pros
GREAT health insurance and retirement plan
Cons
Relaxed and professional work place
Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 18, 2016
Great people, easy to work with. The environment is very relaxed and semi-professional. Smaller groups make it very easy to get along.
Glatfelter is a great place to start.
Applications Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 17, 2015
Being an intern at Glatfelter was my first real job in a field related to what I want to do. It is a fantastic start. Management and supervision is phenomenal. There is always someone to help you learn something new.
Inventory Analyst
Inventory Analyst-Planning & Scheduling Department (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 2, 2015
Loved the work that I did here as an inventory analyst, crunching numbers in excel, root cause analysis, analyzing data, creating reports to make my job better.
Pros
Work at my own pace, on my own
Cons
enviroment
Good company
manager (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 24, 2014
Solid company to work for but very demanding. Work life balance is unheard of, expectations are high to perform but can be very rewarding! Enjoyed my time with this company!
Pros
Pay, profit sharing
Cons
work hours can be hard

Want to know more about Glatfelter?

Ask a question
reliable job
Machine Operator, 5th hand (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 11, 2013
great place to work,good benefits, great pay, plenty of hours. definately my favorite place i worked to bad it was just summer help
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
high heat and poor working conditions
Ok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 19, 2013
Demanding hours though high personal satisfaction after completion of project.
Growth focused. Good Corporate Values. Hardwork pays off. Good Comp and Benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 3, 2012
Growing company with very productive Continuous Improvement methodologies. Experts in Execution. Senior executive team meshed well. Poised for continued growth and success.
Pros
competitive benefits and salary, opportunity doors open with hard work
Incredible opportunity i will always appreciate.
Product Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove, PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2012
Wonderful company! Excellent management, a hardworking and helpful workforce, and atmosphere built around teamwork and professionalism. A typical day at work was investigating/resolving customer complaints, negotiating credit resolutions, and writing justified/not justified responses to customers. The hardest part of the job is communicating to a customer that Glatfelter was not responsible for their product defect. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with customers and coworkers and the satisfaction that came with gaining a customers trust.
Pros
leadership, understanding, brainstorming with team members
Ok.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove PAApril 28, 2012
Typical of most Corporate entities today.
Be prepared for the usual... job elimination, minimal raises,etc.
Many good people employed here, reasonable working conditions.
Performance reviews and goal setting can be very cryptic and unrewarding.