GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline United States Employee Reviews

Great company that is in transiton
Senior Executive Hospital Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, Northern California and Northen NevadaApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people. Benefits
Cons: Patient First
I enjoyed the opportunity with GSK, it has undergone extreme structural change. Compensation for sales based on test, survey's and managers observations which was interesting to say the least.

New launches have not resonated in the marketplace as quickly as possible. Given guidelines it is difficult to differentiate.

Every company needs to change or they will flounder. I believe that greater communication as to why the changes were taking place would have been beneficial.
Document Management Imaging Assistant (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAApril 7, 2015
• Scanned in patient data through the Company’s tracking system to allow Doctors to view patient information via the Internet
• Maintained productivity statistics as required along with maintaining the Microsoft Access database
• Filed and completed all actions of document management, accuracy, retrievals, quality control, and proper documentation.
Very enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Manager, Leadership & Organization Development (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, benefits, and the compensation.
Cons: The layoff of people over time.
I worked with Business Leads across the company to design, implement and embed training strategies to meet their departmental goals. I learned how to work with different groups of people as well as different training strategies. My coworkers were the best. We worked well as a team to help drive the training goals of the organization. The hardest part of my job was work life balance. You would become so involved with a project it was hard to let go an walk away. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. I really loved working with such a diverse group of people who were passionate about their jobs.
Flexible with Schedule
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 3, 2015
The best thing about working here is the managers are very flexible with your schedule. They also are very flexible with you working remote.
Worked for better
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Manchester, PAApril 1, 2015
Pros: its a easy job to get hired on
Cons: 25 minute luch but they take out 30 minutes from your pay, people get fired left and right, not always 40 hours a week, a lot of favorites when it comes to leadership, and plenty more to list
They hire temps only and after you have been a temp for 3 months you have a chance to get hired very small chances depending on where you work. I know people who worked there for 2 years and still a temp. They expect you to be there all the time and if you miss a certain amount of days your gone no matter what the reason. make you take off during the week because of not enough work but yet make weekends mandatory to work. they don't care about your personal life including family problems. they pay terrible for the industry they are in and how much money they bring in.
Tech
Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2015
It was a boring job and very tedious. Did the same thing day in and day out. Very mind numbing work. The pay is good if you are an actual employee, but I was just a temp.
Rewarding and challenging career.
Sr. Exec.Medical Cntr. Rep.II, Military Accounts (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Company car, competitive compensation.
Education was ongoing at GSK. Always learning new drugs to treat disease. Enjoyed developing strong professional relationships with staff physicians and Residents, Nurses, and Pharmacists in the major military medical centers. Good relationships allow you to be successful in promoting your products. It was highly rewarding to have a former resident return to one of your facilities as the Chief of the department.
Not The Same GSK
Marketing Director (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great people, good training
Cons: Weak leadership in tough times
GSK has been a great company to work for but is rapidly changing. The company continues to struggle due to weak sales and a weak pipeline. My hope is that it regains it's former glory.
GSK was a good place to work for just under 21 years.
Scientific Manager, Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee), Upper Providence, PAMarch 27, 2015
I was with GSK for just under 21 years. It was a good company to work for throughout the years. Recenty, they sold off the Oncology Franchise (including the my position). That was the only reason I left.
Chemical Operation
Chemical Operator/Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits
Cons: Long hours of work
Great Company
Took on new task daily
Challenging at times
Great people to work with
Clean Enviroment
Very family oriented
I have worked at GSK for 23 years
Account Management Specialty Sales (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers, very good compensation
Cons: Management and Company Culture, Job security
I work with wonderful, hard-working, committed co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my day is being in front of the physicians selling my products. I love it!
Professional
Regional Office Administrator (Current Employee), Phila., PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Professional
Cons: downsize of company
GlaxoSmithKline was a wonderful place to work. Over the years made many new friends and learn much about corporate life. I hope to utilize my skills in my endeavors.
Inclusive Working Environment
Director, Market Research Operations (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: open space, cohesive culture, encourages a winning culture
Cons: little privacy for confidential discussion
The GSK office at the Navy Yard is a state-of-the-art facility. This new work environment encourages cohesion, innovation, and a collaborative culture!
Overall
Regional Sales Manager - Onoclogy GSK (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2015
GSK works from a place of transparency, integrity, and also will do right by the patient.

The company strategy is correct around Vaccines, and the Consumer Health and will offer consumers and shareholders growth.
Competitive pay
Senior Executive Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2015
Great pay but the moral has been quite low the last several years. The company is working on getting better with that. WIth a new US President things should change rather quickly
3 our of 5
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pipeline
Good Compensation and benefits, not too transparent.
Job Work/Life Balance- not good for working mothers

Compensation/Benefits- very good

Job Security/Advancement- a lot of integration

Management- not diversity trained

Job Culture-disconnected
Great environment with caring co-workers.
Financial Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible working conditions, great hours, good pay.
Cons: short lunch, no benefits.
-My work day comprises of pulling my query and separating it from highest dollar and customers that have not been called on within the last 7 days. I receive (as well as my team) incoming calls at a high rate while still keeping my query up to date. Majority of my time is spent on the phone helping customers with any issue I can. Throughout a day I could receive anywhere from 20-40 issues with customers as well as making 30+ outgoing calls per day.

-With this company, I have learned that working in a team environment helps to solve issues. Without the help of notes on accounts from your teammates, it would make the process a lot more difficult to please the customer. I have gained a new perspective on the definition of hard work and I am grateful to share this experience with my co-workers.

-Management is hands on and helpful with any questions or concerns you may have. Every aspect of your job is overlooked and being monitored. Keeping conversations as professional as possible will help you develop the skills passed down by upper-management.

-The co-workers are helpful and understand the daily routine that comes with the job. By working together it makes each individual's job easier. We have a tight knit group and want the best for each other so it helps when issues need to be resolved quickly.

-The hardest part of this job is dealing with upset or angry customers on a daily basis. Our job is to solve the issue at hand as fast as possible so the customer feels relieved. Apologizing and making sure the customer is taken care of before ending the conversation is the goal.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to solve issues on a daily basis for each customer. There is no better feeling than solving a customer's issue and preventing issues in the future.
very fast pace and stressful from time to time
Site PIMMS SME, Fingerprint Serialization (Current Employee), zebulon, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: working from home sometimes.
Cons: lots of pressure
A little bit too much of meeting and little time to get things done.
Lot of pressure to get things done but the process is normally slow and required a lot of people to make a decision, and the people sometimes do not really understand what they are approving, which makes things harder and slow.
business had its ups and downs
Dental Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 10, 2015
Working for them was a transition because the bought the previous employer. But all I have to say the brief time I had with them was satisfactory.
Great Experience
Regional Office Administrator/Meeting Planner (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package, wonderful people
Cons: lack of communication
Worked in the Respiratory Business unit in the US Pharma department of GSK. My region consisted of Ohio and Michigan. Enjoyed the meeting planning aspects of my job and the interaction with the field sales reps. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of seeing people as I worked from home for the last 5 years. Great overall experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Salaries