GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

Fun, fast paced environment
Warehouse Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, colleagues
Cons: promotions from within
Challenging yet rewarding atmosphere. Great place to work with festive colleagues.
A great place to work
SALES REPRESENTAVE (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare, car, cellular, gas, lunch, toll, commissions, great salary
Cons: my clients route was too long and far away from home
A typical day at work was visit clients and take their orders, remove expired products from gondolas and show new products.

The managers and co-workers were very intelligent and know what they need to do to reach goals. They accept me so fast in their team and we were like a family.

The hardest part of the job was the largest route that I had.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was closing months with excellent results in my route. – less
Untapped Potential
FT Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, easy location, strong brands to work on
Cons: poor management, lack of work/life balance
Pittsburgh Office Review

- management is sparse, not focused on development
- managers do not receive the training and coaching necessary to be good managers themselves
- many people are working in roles that they were moved to during last restructure - with limited support and limited training for these new roles
- culture is low energy, not engaged – more... and employees are not motivated to deliver results with pride/urgency
- another restructure is possible and people are nervous as a result – less
Great Workplace
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
* biopharm processing
* media prep lead
* troubleshooting processes
* manage personnel development of multiple people
* young work force which is fun
* up and coming industry
Amazing place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Research triangle Park, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract position
This was sort of a call center environment but really not just that. We assisted healthcare providers with product questions and sample requests. As well as consumers with product usage questions, possible financial assistance information.
Among other things.
My co-workers and I got along great. This was truly a company where everyone help each other – more... and you could safely ask aquestion without judgement.
The managers were some of the best managers that I have ever had – less
Balanced and efficient workplace.
Research Technician (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 6, 2014
I worked in a small group of five individuals. It was a very well-equipped lab, with clearly identified goals and reasonable expectations.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
We took inbound call from customers in regards to coverage. Also if they had complaints we handled that as well.
Patient Assistance Rep.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract position
A typical work day consists of assisting consumers with possible financial assistance with their medication, and any questions they may have regarding the product and how to use the medication properly. Also reporting quality issues to our safety department. I also documented potential Adverse events to the FDA. Assisting Healthcare providers with sample – more... requests or information regarding products.
The management, co-workers with this employer was amazing. I would say that I really enjoyed going to work everyday. The hardest part of the day would be speaking with some of the consumers who did not qualify for any of our assistance programs. – less
Great culture amazing people!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 18, 2014
Great culture amazing people! Coworkers and management are the best I've worked with.
Positive Culture
Community Pharmacy Liaison/Account Specialist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 17, 2014
GSK strives to maintain a positive work culture and treats employees with respect and provides great benefits.
Great Environment to work
ETL Developer (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible work huurs
Cons: not any
I would like to work as an contract0r bcause of the Work culture and the team also so encouraging.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Senior Health Systems Account Manager (Current Employee), Field BasedJune 14, 2014
Pros: company is big on developing employees and giving them opportunities to advance.
Cons: company's current compensation model.
Day starts with planning for meetings with Key decision makers, such as Medical Directors, Quality Mangers, Nurse Managers within my assigned accounts either by pre-scheduled appointments or cold calling. The most rewarding part of the job is planning for an advance with the customer and actually achieving that advance and agreement from the customer – more... to take an action. I work with an awesome team, we regularly share ideas and best practices and are there for one another for support.

The hardest part of the job is trying to access some difficult to see providers and identifying others within the account that might benefit from the resources I am trying to provide. My role is not typical of what providers are use to seeing from pharmaceutical companies so it takes time to build trust. – less
I assited the maintenance team with any work neede to be done performed some troubleshooting on pill making and packeging equipment
Control tech (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCJune 13, 2014
Pros: clean well equipt
Cons: changing suits 3 maybe 4 times a day lot of walking
Great place to work people are great work environment is spotless .never had any problem with getting parts or making suggestions for improving equipment The plant is complex and can be physically demanding at times each process is its own isolated room or rooms so the motor control applications are in corridors outside the room with time you would – more... find your way around .there is an in plant restaurant with great food prices were I thought on the high side but the food was great and you have a good selection – less
No excitement at all working for a pharma group
Editor (Former Employee), RTP NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: boring
Great pay, but not an exciting or challenging work environment.
never a dull moment very fun and exciting job
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Zebulon, ncJune 11, 2014
Pros: overtime, having co-workers that was a team player. over all a very positive environment
Cons: was only a temp at the time, wish i could go back. momentary changes sometimes that was overwhelming until i adjust
A typical day for me was working third shift three days in a week with allowing you to work over time. I learned at this pharmaceutical plant that the environment, the job at different stations was always exciting because you weren't doing the same thing. My co-workers were just awesome. I had a lot of fun times there.
Exciting, excellent and friendly team
Pricing analyst - CBS Financial Services (Temp) (Former Employee), Uxbridge, UKJune 10, 2014
Pros: good use of it, friendly people
Cons: career development was slow
Learnt how pharmaceutical products are priced, understood trade routes. Sales and shipping information and prices fluctuate. The most interesting part of the job was trouble shooting problems in Excel, teaching Excel functionality to my work colleagues and general spreadsheet modelling in Excel.
Extreme work with no life
Research Intern (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCJune 9, 2014
The job culture was very hectic and physically no time available for personal works and responsibilities.
Controls Engineer Consultant
Sr. Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. Management staff is amazing.
GSK is great company where people can work however facing difficultis to manage histotory and futur
Morocco Sales Director (Former Employee), MoroccoMay 30, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
I spend 23 year at gsk morocco where i learn lot , it's good place to work hard with good people
style of managment was very close and open door
Study Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Panama, OKMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
In all this years working in clinical trials I learned a lot of thing in Monitoring activities, as facilities, site selection, negotiation, management team. But the most important thing I believe is work with integrity, with value and transparence environment . I really like to share with you all the experience gain and all the studies that I participated.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos