GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

Lab Tech (Current Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Receive cross-training in different departments. The job tasks that I receive are challenging.
Productive, busy,
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and great management.
Cons: temp postition
I love my job. We stay busy. Everyone gets along great and works as a team.
great company
Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 2, 2014
GSK is great company to work. Very good pipeline and good performance on new drug development.
high performing environment
Manager, Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: it sytems out of date
A typical day is high paced in an intensely focused atmosphere. Every team that I have worked on was high performing and driven to excellence. Throughout my 17 years at GlaxoSmithKline (formerly SmithKlineBeecham) I took advantage of the opportunities available and advanced my career.
Great company to work for; plenty training opportunities for various area in drug development; good employee benefit;
(1) Scientific Investigator in Product Development (Former Employee), Collegeville, PA 19426August 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: the company tends to lay off employees frequently based on business needs.
My working day was about half the time attending Program team meetings and half the time working in the lab. My major tasks are solving problems based on scientific data to support the needs of Program teams in a timely manners. The most important learning for me in GSK is to understand how my experimental results can help the other discovery groups – more... in verifying the efficacy, safety and developability of potential drug candidates in a timely manner. My managers are very supportive and generous in giving encouragement. My co-workers are excellent team players.

The hardest part of my job was trying to dissolve the poorly-soluble compounds at high doses. The most enjoyable part of my job was to solve the drug development problems and allow the potential drug candidate being moved further for Regulatory filing. – less
Project Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
no complaints, nothing out of the ordinary, this is a great company.
It was great experience working there
Logistics Specialist III (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: bad management protocal
It was a great experience, had many accomplishments
Very friendly environment,
Quality
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Cidra, PRAugust 24, 2014
Designated to the Solution Area and the Granulation Area, weighting and sifting
all the materials used for the manufacturing processes.
Responsible for the internal warehouse and accountable for requesting, transferring and reducing the material inventory
Productive and staying patient focused at all times
Service Operator (Contractor) (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 19, 2014
Staying patient focus is one of the main goals and I enjoy it.
Great laboratory setting with plenty of instrumentation to gain experience
Bench Chemist II (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 14, 2014
Every week the Bench Chemist was given projects with specific tests and due dates that corresponded to respective SOP's. The main duties included HPLC testing for Assay/Impurities as well as Basket/Paddle Dissolution. Once a project was finished it was checked by the Senior Chemist and another project was assigned. Other testing included: GC, Hardness, – more... Dispersion, TLC, acid/base titration and LOD. – less
Fun and exciting place to work with a solid pipeline
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lots of support from team members
Cons: i was part of a contract sales force
I sold products for depression, allergy and asthma for a year and the reputation of the products and the company helped me to secure some amazing relationships that I still have today with key providers in my territory.
Very good Company to work for
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at the company was hectic, busy, and fast paced. Management was always there to help with problems that may come up. The best part was the people that I worked with.
Excellent products, poor management
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great products, flexibility
Cons: micromanages, little ability to think for one's self
GSK makes great products that really do improve people's lives, but being a sales representative is becoming more and more difficult. Much of what a representative does and supposed to do is now dictated by upper management through their analysis of data, with no regard for local knowledge. They require representatives to see physicians that are impossible – more... to gain access to. – less
Team Member dedicated to a competitive environment every day
Senior Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 5, 2014
Dedicated and hard working team member responsible for Lovaza and Avandia, always contributing with passion and performing with integrity

Learned to be a strong and responsible team member

Worked consistently in the field with management

Received positive recognition from co-workers and teammates

Difficult to rely on patient to fulfill prescriptions – more... to earn bonuses when cost was extremely higher than "generic equivalents."

Most enjoyable part of my position was education on the vastly different parts of the human body, being able to articulate White Papers and studies of the efficacy of my products vs. blind or other to Medical Doctors and their staff and sell competitively- earning my customer's trust. – less
Good Work/Life Balance
IT Computer Networking Co-Op (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no stability
Working at GSK has been fun and a truly exciting experience. It is unfortunate that there is no way to advance within the company, at least in IT. They are doing major cutbacks and outsourcing most jobs overseas.
Great team
Customer service analyst/Collections (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not a full time employee of gsk
I was with a temp-agency so I didn't enjoy GSK because the temps would not get the same treatment as the Reg.
great place to work
B Operator (Former Employee), zebulon ncJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: na
great culture,benefits, room for advancement ,school programs
laughing and talkin to co-workers about how you did on the weekend
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2014
the hardest part of a job is working as a team and I learn how to do paper work for each essembly lines and learn how to get alone with your co-workers and the most enjoyable part of the job is to get alone with one another at the end of the day while doing your job.
Great Pharma Company with Limited US Career Advancement
Director, Global Project/Program Management (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great career experiences focused on customers and results
Cons: career advancement opportunities are focused in the uk and hong kong
GSK is a great company that has been in an extensive transition period over the last four years to become a more global focused Pharma company. The majority of career opportunities are now focused in the UK (London) and their new second world headquarters (Hong Kong).

Over the last 10 years with GSK, I have worked with many talented professionals and – more... was afforded challenging business opportunities over those years that have lead me to a fuller skill set and a relentless focus on customers and business results.

Unfortunately, career advancement requires moving to the UK or Hong Kong which is not an option at this stage of my life.

I would not hesitate to recommend GSK to other professionals who have international movement as an option. – less
Fun, fast paced environment
Warehouse Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, colleagues
Cons: promotions from within
Challenging yet rewarding atmosphere. Great place to work with festive colleagues.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos