GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

High technical area
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Harlow, ENGJune 30, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: very busy
I was very happy to work with this company because I learn a lot as a worker. How advance the company was interms of technology and how there was series of trainnning for workers.
A good place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Oak Hill, NYJune 26, 2015
The days were very busy and the co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day that is why I am changing my career choice. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers and the enjoyment of doing the job.
Large Scale Manufacturing Facilities Department has great comraderie and the technicians are very professional and technically sound.
Large Scale Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJune 23, 2015
Pros: Professional technicians in the facilities department and the flexibility of the department.
Cons: Too many changes at one time to comply to.
I enjoy working with my co-workers. Manufacturing schedules are very challenging but our team always sacrifices to meet scheduling demands.
Rewarding career but ceiling for growth and development has been limited
Senior Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Ft Meyers FlJune 22, 2015
The most enoyable part of my job is educating providers so as they are wel informed to provide medicines to help patients
Miltary type environment but great integrity
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2015
Pros: clear company vision
Cons: low compensation
no work like balance but the best training in the industry. Great way to start my career. Both managers were underqualified for their postion.
Productive, team oriented and fun.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Career growth within department
Great place to work with nice benefits. There was always something to work on and liked the team I worked with. All team members pitched in to complete our daily tasks. Upper management at times did not appreciate our efforts. Our supervisor was fun to be around and treated everyone equally with respect.
Fun and great place to work.
Senior Animal Study Delivery Scientist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Flexiable work hours
Cons: Short breaks
Check emails first thing in the morning to review assignments and Protocols from the study directors. Meet with supervisors for daily assignments of new task. Complete work assignments with minimum report to supervisors.

Learn how to become proficient of different types of techniques to complete your assignments through training. Learn how to input study data in the provantis computer data system.

Great co-workers to work with an can do attitude to get the job done.

How to be able to learn a new technique to complete a study that is written in the protocol.

Freedom to work at your own paste as long as the assignment get done in its required time.
Very Good
Scientist - Formulation Development (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 15, 2015
Good place and location. Diverse project work, great learning opportunities, excellent group of individuals to work with. Overall a great place to work.
Great place to work despite layoffs
Assistant QA Scientist (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Layoffs
I was only a contractor there; however, I wish a permanent job was available. This place was provided great work/life balance. Management was understanding of people with families. Overtime was available and people were treated with respect.
Great company struggling with current sales and future pipeline
National Training Manager, General Medicine (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: People, rigor in strategic processes and resource utilization, long term incentives (401K, stock ownership, and pension), convenience in Philadelphia area
Cons: Employee salary, current and future performance, pipeline, employee recognition & rewards
GSK is a great company full of fantastic people. It has enabled me to grow immensely as a leader by awarding me ownership of large-scale projects, providing fantastic feedback and coaching from leadership and peers, and enabling me to participate in formal development programs. I have learned how to leverage its matrix of stakeholders, resources, systems, and processes.
However, its recent performance and future outlook have had adverse impacts on company culture, resources, employee compensation, and career development opportunities.
Was a wonderful place to work
Scientist (Current Employee), New JerseyJune 3, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers
Cons: No job security. Poor management.
GSK used to be a great place to work. New upper managment seems to be looking to dismantle that culture and replace it with anxiety and confusion.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong Table
Tableau Developer/Tableau Admin (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 3, 2015
I have learnt many from my colleagues
Good Team
Hard working
always enjoyable day in my part of a job
Good Management
Very typical skills and good relation
The worst pharmaceutical company I have ever worked for!!
Packaging/Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCJune 2, 2015
The actual work was pretty easy, very nice work environment. However, there is a lot of inside favoritism going on. It's all about who you know and not how well you work or perform your job. They have people in roles that go around cursing contractors out and talking down to them. They hire people that don't even have experience over contractors that are already there with more than enough experience.
They really need to investigate that place in and out and they will find a lot of things going on that is not right. Supervisors and shift coordinators stealing time (2 & 3 hr lunches), intimate relationships, and bartering (you do this and I'll do that).
Little Advancement - no room to grow
Demand Planning Analyst, Demand Department (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: a lot of layoffs with very little hiring
A Lot of red tape.
Slow moving to support customers
A lot of supply issues
Great pay but no opportunity to advance as there is a lot of seniority
Challenging and cordial work environment. Please are friendly and eager to help.
Associate Director, Clinical Development (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Open door policy and easy communications
Cons: open space enviornment.
Flexible working hours and challenging work environment. People are friendly and easy to work with. Managers are fair and knowledgeable.
Just acuired 3 months ago
IMMUNIZATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), NJMay 17, 2015
Typical day is you need to see 4-5 customers per day.

Hardest part is the Patient First sales commission structure.
It is not based on performance.

I still have my old Manager at this time from Novartis.
Great company mission, going through a necessary transition
Communications Manager (Current Employee), RTPMay 15, 2015
The long term vision of the company is exciting. They are reshaping the company structure for long term viability.

Most parts of the company have flexible working options, like adjusted working hours and working from home.

The benefits package is superb.
Shadowed a pharmaceutical sales representative
Shadowed a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westlake, OHMay 13, 2015
I only spent one day with a sales representative from this company but from what I could gather this a good company to work for with great compensation.
Not the place it used to be.
Account Manager (Current Employee), WestMay 11, 2015
Pros: People, First line leadership, good work enviorment except for patient first incentive program.
Cons: Culture, Patient first incentive program, less development and opportunity for employees
Not the same place for opportunity and development. People working hard to make sense of their careers. Still many benefits to this company but losing good employees fast.
Great company to work for
Open Innovation Director (Current Employee), Raleigh-DurhamMay 10, 2015
Strong company, driven but supportive. Provided ability to move to different functions.
i have been able to develop in to an effective leader and manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Salaries