GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in United States

Gsk
Quality (Former Employee) –  RTPAugust 21, 2016
GSK was once a very good and proud company. It is now a broken, lost in its way shell of its former self. They have nothing in their pipeline, and they are on the hook to the department of justice.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of compliance
Top tier global pharmaceutical company
Sr. Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA and Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2016
GSK is an amazing company with many great products. I believe in their mission to make lives better. They are a truly global company with a presence in over 100 countries.
Pros
Excellent people (some of the smartest I have ever known), excellent compensation, excellent products
Cons
Difficult culture. Mergers and acquisitions have eliminated many roles, and redesigned responsibilities.
Busy, but always met deadlines
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia Navy YardAugust 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. We were more like family.

My days were busy with making travel arrangements, entering time records, reviewing emails, etc.

I did learn Excel and Powerpoint, but never got a chance to use it that much in my position.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Our move from Center City to the Navy Yard
good company gone bad
Forecast Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 8, 2016
Was a good company. Now would not recommend a career there. Poorly managed, doubt there will be a company in the next 5 years.
Good Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 1, 2016
GSK is a very good compay to work for, great work environment, great co-workers, great pay and benefits. The management is easy to work with.
Pros
Good pay, great co-workers, great location
Cons
open office
Contract worker
Information Sciences Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 1, 2016
I worked as a contractor within GSK. The contractor was WilliamsLea. Very stressful environment because of workload and not enough employees to produce the outcomes that they expected. No room for growth and no opportunities to promote.
Pros
discounted GSK products
Cons
benefits expensive; no opportunity to promote; no teamwork
Great Place
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Zebulon, NCJuly 30, 2016
Excellent work Life Balance. Was able to learn a lot from great people who were eagerly willing to provide expertise and guidance

Excellent company to work for very positive work environment . GSK is type of company that encourages growth and rewards employees for excellence with generous bonus compensation. Great benefits. I would love to team up with this company again.

A very enjoyable place to work. The people are very friendly and easy to get along with. The most fun part of the job is the learning part there is always something new to learn. Management allows you to work at you own pace. The hardest part of this job is that this position is ending.
Pros
Everybody Friendely
Cons
Well im a Temp trying to make it in
Stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 29, 2016
Bad management, they do not value workers or customers. Want you to say anything to get the sale. Unethical and dishonest. don't go anywhere near this company.
Pros
Cons
They own you
Pharmaceutical company that transfered to a toothpaste company
Chemical Process Operator/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  East Durham, NYJuly 25, 2016
Worked in the pharmaceutical operations prior to the transfer of the toothpaste operation into the plant. After the transfer of the pharmaceutical products from the Oak Hill plant and toothpaste start-up, my position with the company was dis-continued.
A great work experience
QA Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 15, 2016
Site Management promotes team work, people development and inclusion. The commitment with the patients was evident at all company levels.
Very positive work enviornment
Specialty Care Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2016
Pros
Encourages growth, promote from within, great benefits
Cons
Large territories
Big Family place to work
Process Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PRJuly 14, 2016
Grate opportunity to learn about pharmaceutical industry. They give to me the opportunity to be parts of new project. And all my opinion about improvement they considerate. In my personal experience I work in all the areas and learn about : Utility ,Manufacturing, Packaging ,R&D, water treatment plant....
Pros
A lot of good benefist
Beware of the dog eat dog world at GSK
Flu ConOps Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2016
By far one of the worst companies I have worked for. Management is very unorganized and none of the employees know how to do their work correctly. This company is only worried about their sales and profits. The temporary employees are treated poorly.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Unstable working environment with terrible managers
Good company with increasing payor market challenges
Integrated Health Systems Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West MichiganJuly 8, 2016
My direct line management and co-workers were hardworking, dedicated sales professionals doing their best to help their customers help their patients live better, longer and healthier lives.
Pros
Hardworking dedicated co-workers
Cons
Challenges in Payor Markets in a value based purchasing environment
Excellent company, very professional and employee centric
Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 7, 2016
Working for GSK was a great experience. They gave me every opportunity and looked after my development. I received all kinds of training both on site and offsite. They supported my professional society and allowed me to attend the annual conferences. While we had strong patent protection we had all kinds of perks, bonuses and team building. When the corporate mergers started some of these diminished but they still did the best they could. Eventually economics prevailed and we had to part company, but I still treasure the time I had there.
Pros
Everything a job should be
Cons
Nothing lasts forever and the pharmaceutical business patents can gave an impact on employment
Great culture
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2016
Overall, GSK is a wonderful place to work with fairly decent work/life balance, excellent benefits and a CEO who genuinely cares about his employees and making ethically sound decisions. In the wake of recent events, however, the company has announced that several senior leaders will be retiring - including our venerable CEO. This creates an uncertain environment as the rationale behind these early retirements is questioned. GSK works hard to adhere to company values, and at present, senior leaders do a nice job of pulling these though in key decisions.

As with any company - the caliber of management (mid-level and senior) can be hit or miss - but there at least seems to be some effort to hire and promote those who exhibit behaviors consistent with corporate values and expectations. Important to note: since the 2014 consolidations, the number of available growth opportunities at GSK has gone down. The hope is that the company will rebound soon!
Learning and supportive environment
External supply management co-op (Former Employee) –  RTPJune 28, 2016
Leading pharma company with advanced manufacturing practices. Excellent experience in contract negotiations with suppliers.
Excellent experience and work opportunities
Literature Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 28, 2016
Overall great company of values and transparency. People are great, good with information sharing and willing to assist colleagues, and give back to the communities.
I have been with GSK for over ten years and I have always enjoyed working for this company.
Regulatory Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 25, 2016
Good place to work.
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2016
Good place to be employed. My co-workers were very serious, smart, and hard working individuals. My manager was a pleasure to work with and would always take the time to listened and be open to new ideas.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Short lunch break

4.2