GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in United States

Great company going through tough times
Manager, Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 1, 2015
Great company to work for with outstanding benefits, great pay, but going through tough times and trying to turn things around. They're making bold changes in their business models and focusing on the what can bring value to their customers and shareholders, and taking the high road on any litigation claims, a very admirable thing. Undergoing many layoffs now through their Transformation program, but the short term pain will hopefully result in long term benefit. Great people and coworkers committed to the cause, even in the face of the challenging times, always maintaining a professional demeanor.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Layoffs, strained morale and resources, work-life balance suffering
High motivated company, focusing on goals and the human being
Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 10, 2015
Daily work is to reach target customers to search for concerns and give tools with available and prove materials to help them to fulfill it. With this kind of perspective they share and give our daily tools to do our work, help us to understand the changing atmosphere of their work. Additionally, when they raised a flag, drive the concern to the departments in charge and get better results. To be open, be attempted of what they are expressing, do the correct questions get an excellent results for me and the company.
The hardest part of the job could be materials limitation or coverage of products, but didn’t stop me to give answer thru patient support programs approved by the company, reducing the sense of it. When looking forward the enjoyable part of doing this job is to see I’m helping people to get a better quality of life, esteem and other areas.
Pros
Excellent area, customers
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Good work and life balance.
Sr. CTI Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 10, 2016
Excellent corporate culture to care employees.
Well planned project management and delivery process defined per ITIL.
Pros
Benefits and flex time in summer
Best company to work with
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Good people, good benefits, good salaries, respectful, competitive and cooperative global interaction. Loved working with them, unfortunately the site was relocated to another state, but the experience to work there was the best I have ever had.
Pros
People are respected and treated as humans working, not robots
Great Company Great Products
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 24, 2016
Overall great place to work with top notch associates. Work life balance and overall compensation is excellent. Too much change in short period of time.
Pros
Overall Compensation
Cons
No Strategy
Unstable company with demotivating culture and poor execution
Sr. Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Company has good ideas however poor implementation of these ideas, no consistent vision, poor communication, very few innovative new products, and bad execution of new product launches.
Pros
Above average salary amongst pharmaceutical industry
Cons
Company doesn't implement new product launches well
Very stressful work environment
Sales-Vaccines (Former Employee) –  Southern USSeptember 13, 2015
GSK has an excellent benefits package including company car, cell phone, expense account and top of the line medical/dental insurance. Unfortunately, over the past 5 years the culture has changed drastically and there is a lot of uncertainty and resentment at the way people are treated. Forced distribution of performance ratings makes it next to impossible to reward, recognize and retain top talent. People are not empowered, and the sales organization operates in fear. There is more interest in making your Regional VP/District Manager/Stakeholders look good vs. working together as a team to help customers. There is also a blatant lack of credibility of senior management. I loved my job and was proud of GSK until recently.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
Poor work life balance, limited opportunities for advancement
Very valuable experience, working for top company in the world
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Praha, STJanuary 13, 2016
Working for GSK gave me a new view on business and work ethic. It was a privilege to work for such a top and important company. It is one of the largest pharma companies in the world and the work environment was very healthy and frindly.
Pros
experience from top company
Cons
low salary as an intern
Alot of pros but also alot of cons
Senior Biopharm Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 29, 2015
Overall this is not a bad place to work. What use to be called Human Genome Sciences has become Glaxo Smith Kline. The buyout sent everyone packing and on to different adventures. The benefits are great; they offer 401k, pension, and 100% tuition reimbursement. It's been difficult for the site to keep employees because of poor management. The most enjoyable part of my job is being with the people I work with everyday. Another great thing is the attention GSK has on safety. There are lots of visual signs and updates throughout the halls called status boards which help keep everyone accountable for being safe in whatever environment they work in. All in all it'll work for now but the future ,I'm not sure.
Great respiratory products
Respiratory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Great products that are hard to beat. The compensation is not where it should be and its hard to make any large bonuses and great promoted.
Glaxo Smith Kline is working very hard to build back up a good reputation in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2015
I was very excited about getting in the door at Glaxo Smith Kline. Their reviews and reputation was pretty remarkable from the outside looking in.

My first couple of weeks, I found out that they were under mediation. There were meetings, audits, constant changes, and a lot of gaps in communication.

The veteran employees complained constantly about their job. The management staff were under pressure and that had a downward effect on the entire atmosphere.

The benefits, salary and overtime was the best part about working for GSK
Pros
Good pay, overtime, controlled climate, clean environment, new experience, learned how to run a tablet press machine.
Cons
Parking, mediation, management, I was allergic to the granulation.
A company with great benefits and a challenging environment that offered advancement
Advantage Sales &Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
The company was very good at hiring employees who were qualified and very good at building power teams. They recognized a job well done and was not short of praising those efforts. They also had great benefits and the ability to advance within was well supported.
good job little time off
Automation and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  zebulonDecember 9, 2015
good pay
good benefits
lots of overtime
cut head count many not enough people to do the work
hard working people

long days
Pros
benifits
Cons
7 days a week
Was a great place to work first 20 years...last 5 yeasr very challenging with no work life balance.
National Area Business Manager (Former Employee) –  USOctober 7, 2015
Was a great place to work and learn management and strategic skills. First 20 years very fulfilling...last 5 years was very challenging with no work life balance.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Cons
No work/life balance
Helped me develop as a manager, a designer, and a coworker.
Packaging and Multimedia Designer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 23, 2015
My typical day working at GSK involved prioritizing and executing client requests. It was never boring.
I learned a lot about corporate culture. I had been familiar with design studios but GSK was very different. It was slow and bureaucratic.
Most of my coworkers were nice and friendly. Some people had a difficult time keeping politics and personal beliefs out of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was feeling like my regional manager didn't care about us. And the most enjoyable part of working at GSK was the friends and coworkers that I met along the way.
Pros
Excellent compensation, organized, helped me grow as a professional
Cons
Corporate bureaucracy, creativity stifled by procedure
Marietta Pa
QC GMP MONITOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, PAOctober 6, 2015
Employees work ethics are wonderful. Good Benefits..poor management/leadership team. Neglects technical issues and often blame human errors. Lack of recognition for the positive performances from employee and quick to have fault for first time errors towards employee. Overwork and not enough man-power to do the job. Treat employees unequal !
nice working place
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 11, 2015
nice environment
good benefits
supportive associate
safety facilities
workers are very friendly
good for future advancement
Pros
bonus
Rewarding environment
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2016
After over 25 very rewarding years with GSK, due to a corporate restructuring and downsizing, I will be leaving as of February 1st. My goal is to utilize my skills, experiences, and enthusiasm in a management position, either in Arizona or Michigan, in order to bring value as I further my career. My experiences at GSK were mainly driven by our values, strategies and tactics I was able to develop that were customer focused. I truly enjoyed the opportunity to work with so many quality individuals over the years.
Great company struggling with current sales and future pipeline
National Training Manager, General Medicine (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2015
GSK is a great company full of fantastic people. It has enabled me to grow immensely as a leader by awarding me ownership of large-scale projects, providing fantastic feedback and coaching from leadership and peers, and enabling me to participate in formal development programs. I have learned how to leverage its matrix of stakeholders, resources, systems, and processes.
However, its recent performance and future outlook have had adverse impacts on company culture, resources, employee compensation, and career development opportunities.
Pros
People, rigor in strategic processes and resource utilization, long term incentives (401K, stock ownership, and pension), convenience in Philadelphia area
Cons
Employee salary, current and future performance, pipeline, employee recognition & rewards
Shrinking company which creates a lot of anxiety on employees
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 22, 2016
Company with excellent culture but is now going through a process of reducing operations and centralizing functions which creates a lot of anxiety to its employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Thre is no job stability oy job security

4.2