GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

typical day at work
MEDICAL CONSULTANT NURSE (Current Employee), RTP, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: excellent management, excellent salary, excellent place
Cons: none
It is a great place to work. I always learn something new everyday. The management and different colleagues are great and helpful. They are always willing to help and teach you something. I love working here. I am a medical engagement asssociate. I provide medical information and collect AEs from Healthcare providers. It is a wonderful job. I wish it was a permanent position. I am currently in a contract position.
Do More, Feel Better
Investigator (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2015
Had a real impact building quality into the products. It's excited to develop medicine for an unmet need. GSK is a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Values-driven company
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Values-driven company, great people.
Cons: Little possibility for advancement as an admin.
Great company, but not so much for admins; valued differently, little room for advancement. Seems to be based on affiliation and not merit.
A transitional time
Medical Director, GI Category (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Flexibility to think outside the box
Cons: Joint Venture integration/re-organization
In the midst of transitions causing some chaos. New teams coming into place that have to be educated on ways of working and categories.
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: bad management
Great place, learned a lot techniques and corporate culture wise. I enjoyed working here .
Most enjoyable: great colleagues, family friendly environment.
Hardest thing: too many reorgs.
Management: Too many layers.
Helped me develop as a manager, a designer, and a coworker.
Packaging and Multimedia Designer (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation, organized, helped me grow as a professional
Cons: Corporate bureaucracy, creativity stifled by procedure
My typical day working at GSK involved prioritizing and executing client requests. It was never boring.
I learned a lot about corporate culture. I had been familiar with design studios but GSK was very different. It was slow and bureaucratic.
Most of my coworkers were nice and friendly. Some people had a difficult time keeping politics and personal beliefs out of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was feeling like my regional manager didn't care about us. And the most enjoyable part of working at GSK was the friends and coworkers that I met along the way.
Overall good place to work
Senior Scientist- New Product Research (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 23, 2015
Company going through a lot of turmoil and change due to JV with Novartis. Overall a good place work. Mangement supportive and interesting projects. As GSK is a truly global company, be prepare for non-traditional working hours.
Great company but not so much for admins
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Values-driven company, great people.
Cons: Unlikely professional advancement for those in admin jobs
Values-driven company, but admin positions not recognized as they should be. Possibility of advancement low, tied to executive you support and not experience.
Productive Workplace
Investigator, Infectious Diseases Tau (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good learning opportunities
Cons: Need to invest more in people, management style
Good Company overall, but Job Work/life balance can be challenging at times due to limited resources at work. Good learning opportunities and friendly environment to work in.
Great place to work although no ideal for future advancement
Sr Director, Deal Finance and M&A (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work although not ideal for future advancement. Nice gym facilities, great campus, collaborative environment
Lyo Manufacturing Operator II (Current Employee), Marietta ,PaJuly 10, 2015
Liked working there. Great Benefits . Nice people to work for. Located in the middle of no where. Co workers are nice and friendly
GSK is a case study in how to destroy a once proud corporation and completely loose its culture.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2015
GSK has become an environment where check the box micromanagement by incompetent leaders rules your day. My best day at GSK was he day I left the stress filled environment I worked in every day. Sales force moral and motivation was at the lowest level of any job that I ever had. There is no real chance to advance in GSK, a company that is in decline in the industry.
Great place to work!
Shopper Marketing Department - Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2015
Excellent benefits, compensation, and work life balance! The management is great and the company cares about the culture.
High technical area
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Harlow, ENGJune 30, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: very busy
I was very happy to work with this company because I learn a lot as a worker. How advance the company was interms of technology and how there was series of trainnning for workers.
A good place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Oak Hill, NYJune 26, 2015
The days were very busy and the co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day that is why I am changing my career choice. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers and the enjoyment of doing the job.
Large Scale Manufacturing Facilities Department has great comraderie and the technicians are very professional and technically sound.
Large Scale Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJune 23, 2015
Pros: Professional technicians in the facilities department and the flexibility of the department.
Cons: Too many changes at one time to comply to.
I enjoy working with my co-workers. Manufacturing schedules are very challenging but our team always sacrifices to meet scheduling demands.
Rewarding career but ceiling for growth and development has been limited
Senior Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Ft Meyers FlJune 22, 2015
The most enoyable part of my job is educating providers so as they are wel informed to provide medicines to help patients
Miltary type environment but great integrity
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2015
Pros: clear company vision
Cons: low compensation
no work like balance but the best training in the industry. Great way to start my career. Both managers were underqualified for their postion.
Productive, team oriented and fun.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Career growth within department
Great place to work with nice benefits. There was always something to work on and liked the team I worked with. All team members pitched in to complete our daily tasks. Upper management at times did not appreciate our efforts. Our supervisor was fun to be around and treated everyone equally with respect.
Fun and great place to work.
Senior Animal Study Delivery Scientist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Flexiable work hours
Cons: Short breaks
Check emails first thing in the morning to review assignments and Protocols from the study directors. Meet with supervisors for daily assignments of new task. Complete work assignments with minimum report to supervisors.

Learn how to become proficient of different types of techniques to complete your assignments through training. Learn how to input study data in the provantis computer data system.

Great co-workers to work with an can do attitude to get the job done.

How to be able to learn a new technique to complete a study that is written in the protocol.

Freedom to work at your own paste as long as the assignment get done in its required time.
Headquarters