GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

review
Audio Visual Lead Tech (Current Employee), RTP,NCAugust 31, 2015
I spend much of my day doing remote support for numerous clients. Over the years, I've managed to make this process fairly painless and easy. Most remote support engineers assume the biggest roadblock to success is the end user. That is not always the case. It is our job to not only fix remote issues, but to make the task simple for all parties involved.

Of course, I understand that everyone's approach to remote support is different: Different tools, different cross-sections of users, different problems. In the end, however, there is only one acceptable result — success. Here are 10 ways to simplify your remote support efforts and satisfy clients.

1: Be consistent
7: Document calls
8: Have a reliable connection
9: Purchase the software you need
10: Be polite... but be efficient

Work directly with the Audio-Visual Manager. I am responsible for setup, running, and take down of audio/visual (A/V)
equipment used throughout the building. Provide technical assistance and support throughout the building, also provide technical assistance and support during events as requested or as needed. Familiar with the building, its equipment, policies, programs, and services and the day-to-day schedule of events.
Exceptional Leadership and development team Great opportunities for advancement
Hospital Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: flexible work options
Cons: became an unstable work environment ie layoffs
Great management teams and opportunities for self growth and development at your own pace. Great colleagues and resources for patients and truly a great place to become a patient advocate and provide resources directly for the patient. Loved the flexible work options and work life balance.
GSK is a leading edge pharma company
Investigator / Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 24, 2015
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. GSK research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare
Glaxo Smith Kline is working very hard to build back up a good reputation in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay, overtime, controlled climate, clean environment, new experience, learned how to run a tablet press machine.
Cons: Parking, mediation, management, I was allergic to the granulation.
I was very excited about getting in the door at Glaxo Smith Kline. Their reviews and reputation was pretty remarkable from the outside looking in.

My first couple of weeks, I found out that they were under mediation. There were meetings, audits, constant changes, and a lot of gaps in communication.

The veteran employees complained constantly about their job. The management staff were under pressure and that had a downward effect on the entire atmosphere.

The benefits, salary and overtime was the best part about working for GSK
Company that values people
Medical Education & Development Manager (Former Employee), PhilippinesAugust 20, 2015
I have an enjoyable experience working with GSK. You build good relationships with clients making work manageable. Management provides very good compensation for good performance.
Achievable but challenging goals; Territory ownership
Respiratory Care Educator (Former Employee), Respiratory Care EducatorAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Car provided, Excellent health insurance, Multiple resources available to support the organizations, Team collaboration
Cons: Worked at least 3-4 hours after work everyday and at least 1/2-1 full day on the weekends.
As an educator, I had account managers who developed a need for respiratory programs. I also had the opportunity to develop my own accounts if there were not account manager leads. I went into the account and further developed the need for respiratory eduacation but also helped the organization to create their own goals to implement the education successfully within their organization.

As a specialty sales representative, I called on identified providers. I collaborated with these providers to identify and create the need for my product and and its use for patient populations.

As a nurse I have found that my background has been extremely valuable. I typically have an instant bond of trust and respect that others outside the healthcare field do not have immediately. I also have the ability to understand the staff, their challenges and expertise.
Flexible work place
Patient Care Advisor (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Work from home options
Cons: No room for advancement
GSK is a great company to work for. I just wish they would hire permanent. Temporary Positions only. I would like to be a permanent employee here.
Putting the Patient First
Quality Lead (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 14, 2015
The four core values of GSK is Respect for People, Transparency, Integrity and Patient Focus; these values are embedded in every action and decision made by GSK. Working in a quality and compliance role at GSK for several years has reinforced the high standards that GSK holds itself to. Although this is a quality I admire about GSK, there are some instances where these high standards are not always achievable and a more risk based approach is warranted. I have been with the company for nearly 20 years and have been lucky to have worked with many talented individuals who are committed to helping people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Good benefits, compensation
Manager (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 10, 2015
Great benefits and compensation. Flexibility for personal business matters however, expectations of some of senior leadership is a 24/7 work availability.
Productive and fun work place.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Cidra, PRAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work.
Excellent coworkers.
Good food in the cafeteria.
Very good working environment.
Great lockers and bathrooms.
typical day at work
MEDICAL CONSULTANT NURSE (Current Employee), RTP, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: excellent management, excellent salary, excellent place
Cons: none
It is a great place to work. I always learn something new everyday. The management and different colleagues are great and helpful. They are always willing to help and teach you something. I love working here. I am a medical engagement asssociate. I provide medical information and collect AEs from Healthcare providers. It is a wonderful job. I wish it was a permanent position. I am currently in a contract position.
Do More, Feel Better
Investigator (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2015
Had a real impact building quality into the products. It's excited to develop medicine for an unmet need. GSK is a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Values-driven company
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Values-driven company, great people.
Cons: Little possibility for advancement as an admin.
Great company, but not so much for admins; valued differently, little room for advancement. Seems to be based on affiliation and not merit.
A transitional time
Medical Director, GI Category (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Flexibility to think outside the box
Cons: Joint Venture integration/re-organization
In the midst of transitions causing some chaos. New teams coming into place that have to be educated on ways of working and categories.
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: bad management
Great place, learned a lot techniques and corporate culture wise. I enjoyed working here .
Most enjoyable: great colleagues, family friendly environment.
Hardest thing: too many reorgs.
Management: Too many layers.
Helped me develop as a manager, a designer, and a coworker.
Packaging and Multimedia Designer (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation, organized, helped me grow as a professional
Cons: Corporate bureaucracy, creativity stifled by procedure
My typical day working at GSK involved prioritizing and executing client requests. It was never boring.
I learned a lot about corporate culture. I had been familiar with design studios but GSK was very different. It was slow and bureaucratic.
Most of my coworkers were nice and friendly. Some people had a difficult time keeping politics and personal beliefs out of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was feeling like my regional manager didn't care about us. And the most enjoyable part of working at GSK was the friends and coworkers that I met along the way.
Overall good place to work
Senior Scientist- New Product Research (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 23, 2015
Company going through a lot of turmoil and change due to JV with Novartis. Overall a good place work. Mangement supportive and interesting projects. As GSK is a truly global company, be prepare for non-traditional working hours.
Great company but not so much for admins
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Values-driven company, great people.
Cons: Unlikely professional advancement for those in admin jobs
Values-driven company, but admin positions not recognized as they should be. Possibility of advancement low, tied to executive you support and not experience.
Productive Workplace
Investigator, Infectious Diseases Tau (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good learning opportunities
Cons: Need to invest more in people, management style
Good Company overall, but Job Work/life balance can be challenging at times due to limited resources at work. Good learning opportunities and friendly environment to work in.
Great place to work although no ideal for future advancement
Sr Director, Deal Finance and M&A (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work although not ideal for future advancement. Nice gym facilities, great campus, collaborative environment
Headquarters