GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in United States

I have been with GSK for over ten years and I have always enjoyed working for this company.
Regulatory Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 25, 2016
A very enjoyable place to work. The people are very friendly and easy to get along with. The most fun part of the job is the learning part there is always something new to learn. Management allows you to work at you own pace. The hardest part of this job is that this position is ending.
Good place to work.
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2016
Good place to be employed. My co-workers were very serious, smart, and hard working individuals. My manager was a pleasure to work with and would always take the time to listened and be open to new ideas.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Short lunch break
Very good company.
Laboratory glassware washer (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJune 7, 2016
Good pharmaceutical company. Good manager and staff. I learn something about new things. I work here from 2008 to present nothing to say bad about company. Now I am moving to texas that's why I am looking new job.
Job Life/Work Balance
Corporate Vaccine Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2016
GSK does a great job with job work/ life balance. I have found in my experience that GSK prides itself on achievement through integrity.
Pros
A lot of personal time given
Cons
Some managers don't uphold the use of PTO
great company
Speciality Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
GSK provides excellent training and many opportunities to learn and grow. There is a very wonderful culture and great opportunity to develop your selling skills.
A Great Place to Work
Human Resources Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
GSK was one the best work environments I've ever been in. Up to date, diverse work environment that also allowed for remote access from home. Management was very helpful and informative in a vast variety of areas allowing for smooth project work flow. Typical day at work consisted of sorting thru about 40 emails which was how work was distributed and building projects cases in Remedy first then trouble shooting what the cases needed. Those where then turned into an excel file and V-lookup formulas where created to pull information from various locations. The data was then farmed on a sharepoint site so that it could be viewed by management from various locations.
Pros
Easy going work enviroment, diverse workforce.
Cons
That my contract ended and I was not there longer.
High Pay, Excellent Work Life Balance Lord of the Flies Atomosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 15, 2016
This is a great company to work for especially if you work in an area that is highly valued by the company. However, shifts in business needs can land your department into reorganization and layoff agony.
This creates a very stressful culture among colleagues that does not reward teamwork or positive relationships. Instead co-workers are pitted against each other all scrabbling to hang onto their positions.
Pros
High salaries, excellent benefits
Cons
Open offices, "Survivor" atmosphere, lack of trust, lack of teamwork
Productive and awesome place to work
Financial/Payroll Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there at GSK. I made several life long friends there and really learned a lot. Unfortunately, I was working there in a "contractual" capacity.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No room for a "permanent" employee in their budget
Good working environment
Custodian Technician (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PRMay 9, 2016
Good working enviroment, supervisors were polite and encouraging. There were opportunities to reach higher positions.
Pros
Good environment, good pay.
Times were challenging
Senior Exec Sales Representative II, Metro Detroit (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 2, 2016
Downsizing brought about some dramatic changes The exiting Severence was very fair and straight forward. I enjoyed the people at GSK.
GSK Offers Outstanding Career Opportunity
Director, National and Federal Accounts (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2016
I have worked at GlaxoSmithKline for 34 years. They have provided me with profound opportunity to grow professionally, to serve my Customers/Accounts/Community, and to ethically earn performance based reward. Great benefits, salary, incentive. Outstanding products. Promising R&D.
Best environment I've worked at
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 28, 2016
Unfortunately I was only a temp at this company. They have great benefits and very community minded and there is room for advancement. Work to life balance is good. It is shift work, but there is usually no weekend work and rarely work on Fridays,
Flex work culture and good compensation
Portfolio Manager - Data Warehouse and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 25, 2016
Fairly good company to work for but given the market condition and downsizing since last few years there may not be security.
Pros
health benefits
Top Pharmaceutical Company in the Industry
District Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2016
GSK puts patients first in all they do. All employees are top notch and heavily engaged in the companies objectives to help people live longer and feel better! It is a terrific place to work.
going thru changes constantly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  rtpApril 19, 2016
industry is going thru changes and GSK is definitely doing so with downsizing yearly; management always changing and inefficient ;
decline
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2016
The CIA agreement caused GSK to stop rewarding for sales achievement. Sales professionals were compensated based on role play with outside vendor, testing, and activity during ride alongs.
Pros
good products
Cons
no longer compensated on sales results
good
Sr. Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 18, 2016
working place. friendly people and good experience. Enjoyed working in GSK. Well organized but management have to improve their goal setting,
Great company that care about there employees
Human Resources Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 11, 2016
I had the opportunity to gain experience with Human Resources activities during my stint at GSK. I reported directly to Human Resources Director. My co-worker were great, they all worked together and taught me a lot about team work. I also scheduled interviews and perform phone screens for potential employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Contractor
Professional and high energy workplace
Senior Chemist (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 10, 2016
Most days worked on bespoke project related analyses using LCMS. When needing to resolve ambiguous LCMS results, group discussions or alternative testing would be explored. Co-workers were expert in their area of science and helpful in suggesting follow up experiments. Regularly, consulted group manager when decisions on asset allocation had to be prioritized. I most enjoyed stretched goals that offered exposure to techniques I wanted to know more about or perform.
Very good client
.NET technology lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2016
Work is very cool and nice environment to work with.
Co workers are very friendly and help each other
I have learned to maintain punctuality
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons

4.2