GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2014
Good culture, nice culture, few growth opportunitnes and frequent reorganizations.
Great place to start in a corporate setting
Project Director - Research & Development (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: open networking welcomed, great training, and fantastically talented people
Cons: its the pharma business
Great place to work with some very talented people. Most people have had some level of graduate/PHD level education and can sometimes have a academic vibe. Seem like the focus has shifted overseas to the corporate HQ, but that is to be understood following the merger. Overall a great company.
Interesting place to work with a lot of new things to learn
Electrician (Former Employee), Clifton, NJApril 13, 2014
A production facility requiring a lot of troubleshooting
Industrial process controls and instrumentation training
I had a good working relationship with management
I enjoyed working with my co-worker
The hardest part of the job was getting parts ordered on time
people were very good to work with
great experience
Medical Sales Representative - Expertise (Former Employee), trichur,indiaApril 5, 2014
try to be there at doctors office in time so that I could prepare best to take that call with confidence
Pro-active workplace with great colleagues
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), WavreApril 3, 2014
• Stress Management
• SAP
• Pro-activity
• Information management
• Communication to the candidates
Productive and great work enviornment
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2014
One of the best place I have ever worked. It was really nice work environment and co-workers were very supportive. Enjoyed each day at gsk!
Learned a lot
Administrative Assistant to VP MDR Boston (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 28, 2014
Busy day, lots to learn, opportunity to learn and take on more responsibilities
Achieved Ranking in the top 15% of nation in first 2 Quarters of 2010
Senior Executive Medical Center Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2014
Achieved Ranking in the top 15% of nation in first 2 Quarters of 2010
Attained formulary additions in key medical centers in 2009 and 2010
Served as a liaison between the territory representatives and key
medical specialists to facilitate value added programs.
Use to be an awesome company until they changed to patient first.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great pipeline, great products, great district managers
Cons: patient first
Hardest part of the job is trying to figure out patient first. Its a nightmare.
Great People, Hard Work
Dept Coordinator/Administrative (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the people, the occasional happy hours
Cons: long hours, working through lunches on a regular basis
Each day was a whirlwind of activities, projects, deadlines and the unexpected. You never got bored. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking 3-4 things at once (on a regular basis), frequently working through lunch and leaving each day tired. The best part of the job were the people.
NA
Strategic Insights & Market Research Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2014
great Job Work/Life Balance; great Compensation/Benefits; great Job Security/Advancement
Good
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2014
Good to learn new things and will get more chance to implement.
Work environment is good.
Great culture among all the departments.
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesMarch 18, 2014
I had a great time with my co-workers. Training was really good and they made sure we're well-equipped before they throw us in the field. The management makes sure there's work-life balance. the most enjoyable part of the job was our fellowship nights.
Great Company
Bio-Manufacturing Assistant (Purification) (Former Employee), Hamilton, MTMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great starting position
I worked in production as a manufacturing assistant, which gave me experience in GMP manufacturing environments as well as process operations experience.
Very Good, Formal Training
Pharmaceutical Sales Rep (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2014
Pros: financially rewarding
Cons: no work/life balance
Perhaps the best sales training I have ever received in sales to this day. I still apply the training techniques I learned. Very formal training, as pharmaceutical is that kind of industry. Expect to have 7-9 interviews and be flown all over the country for them. Training is 3 weeks away from home and you cannot leave for the weekend. It is difficult – more... but very financially rewarding. Not much of a work/life balance. – less
Great company overall
Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 6, 2014
GSK is a great place to work. They really take care of their employees with awesome benefits and rewards. Albeit, it is hard to get a promotion, but it's like that everywhere. A vast majority of the people are very pleasant to work with. My only issue is that it seems like every two years they decide to shake things up by reorganizing the company yet – more... again (and inevitably lay off a few more people). I've only been here five years and I've been through two rounds of layoffs that directly affected me, and countless others that went on around me. It's getting old! – less
Fantastic Management, Co-workers & learning opportunities
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Quality control lab included duties such as standards and solutions, LIMS, glassware, Physical testing, Inhalations. Everyone in the lab was willing to share their knowledge to teach you something new.
Everyone works very hard there
Regulatory Conformance Intern (Former Employee), SingaporeFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: company subsidized lunch
Open culture, everyone works very hard in the company, very friendly co-workers
Excellent Training with Great Management
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative-CNS Division (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2014
This is the most professional training you can ever receive. Pharmaceuticals is well known for being difficult to get into but it is so worth it because the training is excellent and rolls over into any industry and can be used for pretty much any service or products you sell in the future. They make sure you learn your information and build your confidence! – more... Management is certain to be there for you and support you whenever you need it. Great company! – less
Great corporate culture, very caring people
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Clifton NJFebruary 20, 2014
I was able to learn the process of closing a site from an HR perspective - a very valuable experience for my HR career going forward.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos