GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Little Advancement - no room to grow
Demand Planning Analyst, Demand Department (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: a lot of layoffs with very little hiring
A Lot of red tape.
Slow moving to support customers
A lot of supply issues
Great pay but no opportunity to advance as there is a lot of seniority
Challenging and cordial work environment. Please are friendly and eager to help.
Associate Director, Clinical Development (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Open door policy and easy communications
Cons: open space enviornment.
Flexible working hours and challenging work environment. People are friendly and easy to work with. Managers are fair and knowledgeable.
Just acuired 3 months ago
IMMUNIZATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), NJMay 17, 2015
Typical day is you need to see 4-5 customers per day.

Hardest part is the Patient First sales commission structure.
It is not based on performance.

I still have my old Manager at this time from Novartis.
Great company mission, going through a necessary transition
Communications Manager (Current Employee), RTPMay 15, 2015
The long term vision of the company is exciting. They are reshaping the company structure for long term viability.

Most parts of the company have flexible working options, like adjusted working hours and working from home.

The benefits package is superb.
Shadowed a pharmaceutical sales representative
Shadowed a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westlake, OHMay 13, 2015
I only spent one day with a sales representative from this company but from what I could gather this a good company to work for with great compensation.
Not the place it used to be.
Account Manager (Current Employee), WestMay 11, 2015
Pros: People, First line leadership, good work enviorment except for patient first incentive program.
Cons: Culture, Patient first incentive program, less development and opportunity for employees
Not the same place for opportunity and development. People working hard to make sense of their careers. Still many benefits to this company but losing good employees fast.
Great company to work for
Open Innovation Director (Current Employee), Raleigh-DurhamMay 10, 2015
Strong company, driven but supportive. Provided ability to move to different functions.
i have been able to develop in to an effective leader and manager.
Shedding employees to cut costs
Investigator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and salary
Cons: Closing sites and cutting jobs
Until 2013 GSK was a great place to work. I enjoyed my job and learned alot. But over the last 2 years the company has started cutting jobs to save money and keep it's dividend high. All my coworkers at RTP are gone and the people I know in Philadelphia are looking over there shoulders too.
Productive and Fun Place
AIX Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 6, 2015
The company offers the right balance between fun and productivity, and managers are easy to approach. A great place to work!
Cronyism at it's best
Senior Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Manufacturing West ConhohockenMay 6, 2015
Pros: good amount of vacation
Cons: unfair promotional practices, understaffed on busy days, lack of proper sleep by third work day
I worked here for 13 years in this position. Didn't quit because I foolishly allow myself to keep getting strung along as though they will promote me this time and also I need the money. I have trained people promoted over me in simple things like sample submission and work order creation which they should have known how to do for years but because they were someone's favorite got promoted anyway. Some people get to work in the same area for years and get promoted for it while others get pulled all over the place and don't get promoted for it and in fact when they make mistakes in areas in which they are unfamiliar it is held against them while the same favorites get to stay comfortable making salt water for ten to fifteen years. If you try to get promoted and they don't like you because your not in the "in" crowd they will just make up some some lame excuse to not promote you, excuses that people who do get promoted never had to do. If you hate justice, fairness, and sleep by all means work here.
Pleasant and Profesional place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), Upper Providence Township, PAMay 1, 2015
Flexible hours
helpful and friendly co-workers
learned how a clinical trial study works
professional environment
treats employees well
Top Company to Work for Globally Positioned
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh Pa - Site Closing by Year EndApril 30, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance
Cons: Consolidation of Company has caused uncertainty
GSK has exceptional tallent who work hard to drive the business forward. We set stretch goals to help us stay ahead of the competition while motivating us to succeed.
Good company but lots of changes
Audit (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2015
Good company but there are a lot of changes going on right now. Do more with less seems to be the mantra now. The people are intelligent, high performing, and want to do the right thing. The company also has great benefits.
wonderful work atmosphere
Packaging Operator- Multi-dose Inhalant Line (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCApril 29, 2015
My only regret is that they had no open premenant position available at the time,and so i had to take a job with another company
good work / life balance, compensation and benefits
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Township of Moon, PAApril 27, 2015
A great place to work and develop a career. Unfortunately, the company is relocating the headquarters from Moon Township, PA to NJ.
advancement and development opportunities
CPFR Analyst (Current Employee), Township of Moon, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, flexible work options
Cons: Internal communications
many opportunities to develop and advance within the organization whether domestically or globally. Programs designed specifically for the advancement of women. In addtion, GSK provides flexible work options, benefits, competitive pay and time off
Great company that is in transiton
Senior Executive Hospital Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, Northern California and Northen NevadaApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people. Benefits
Cons: Patient First
I enjoyed the opportunity with GSK, it has undergone extreme structural change. Compensation for sales based on test, survey's and managers observations which was interesting to say the least.

New launches have not resonated in the marketplace as quickly as possible. Given guidelines it is difficult to differentiate.

Every company needs to change or they will flounder. I believe that greater communication as to why the changes were taking place would have been beneficial.
Document Management Imaging Assistant (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAApril 7, 2015
• Scanned in patient data through the Company’s tracking system to allow Doctors to view patient information via the Internet
• Maintained productivity statistics as required along with maintaining the Microsoft Access database
• Filed and completed all actions of document management, accuracy, retrievals, quality control, and proper documentation.
Very enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Manager, Leadership & Organization Development (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, benefits, and the compensation.
Cons: The layoff of people over time.
I worked with Business Leads across the company to design, implement and embed training strategies to meet their departmental goals. I learned how to work with different groups of people as well as different training strategies. My coworkers were the best. We worked well as a team to help drive the training goals of the organization. The hardest part of my job was work life balance. You would become so involved with a project it was hard to let go an walk away. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. I really loved working with such a diverse group of people who were passionate about their jobs.
Flexible with Schedule
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 3, 2015
The best thing about working here is the managers are very flexible with your schedule. They also are very flexible with you working remote.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos