GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

Productive and staying patient focused at all times
Service Operator (Contractor) (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 19, 2014
Staying patient focus is one of the main goals and I enjoy it.
Great laboratory setting with plenty of instrumentation to gain experience
Bench Chemist II (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 14, 2014
Every week the Bench Chemist was given projects with specific tests and due dates that corresponded to respective SOP's. The main duties included HPLC testing for Assay/Impurities as well as Basket/Paddle Dissolution. Once a project was finished it was checked by the Senior Chemist and another project was assigned. Other testing included: GC, Hardness, – more... Dispersion, TLC, acid/base titration and LOD. – less
Fun and exciting place to work with a solid pipeline
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lots of support from team members
Cons: i was part of a contract sales force
I sold products for depression, allergy and asthma for a year and the reputation of the products and the company helped me to secure some amazing relationships that I still have today with key providers in my territory.
Very good Company to work for
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at the company was hectic, busy, and fast paced. Management was always there to help with problems that may come up. The best part was the people that I worked with.
Excellent products, poor management
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great products, flexibility
Cons: micromanages, little ability to think for one's self
GSK makes great products that really do improve people's lives, but being a sales representative is becoming more and more difficult. Much of what a representative does and supposed to do is now dictated by upper management through their analysis of data, with no regard for local knowledge. They require representatives to see physicians that are impossible – more... to gain access to. – less
Team Member dedicated to a competitive environment every day
Senior Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 5, 2014
Dedicated and hard working team member responsible for Lovaza and Avandia, always contributing with passion and performing with integrity

Learned to be a strong and responsible team member

Worked consistently in the field with management

Received positive recognition from co-workers and teammates

Difficult to rely on patient to fulfill prescriptions – more... to earn bonuses when cost was extremely higher than "generic equivalents."

Most enjoyable part of my position was education on the vastly different parts of the human body, being able to articulate White Papers and studies of the efficacy of my products vs. blind or other to Medical Doctors and their staff and sell competitively- earning my customer's trust. – less
Good Work/Life Balance
IT Computer Networking Co-Op (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no stability
Working at GSK has been fun and a truly exciting experience. It is unfortunate that there is no way to advance within the company, at least in IT. They are doing major cutbacks and outsourcing most jobs overseas.
Great team
Customer service analyst/Collections (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not a full time employee of gsk
I was with a temp-agency so I didn't enjoy GSK because the temps would not get the same treatment as the Reg.
great place to work
B Operator (Former Employee), zebulon ncJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: na
great culture,benefits, room for advancement ,school programs
laughing and talkin to co-workers about how you did on the weekend
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2014
the hardest part of a job is working as a team and I learn how to do paper work for each essembly lines and learn how to get alone with your co-workers and the most enjoyable part of the job is to get alone with one another at the end of the day while doing your job.
Great Pharma Company with Limited US Career Advancement
Director, Global Project/Program Management (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great career experiences focused on customers and results
Cons: career advancement opportunities are focused in the uk and hong kong
GSK is a great company that has been in an extensive transition period over the last four years to become a more global focused Pharma company. The majority of career opportunities are now focused in the UK (London) and their new second world headquarters (Hong Kong).

Over the last 10 years with GSK, I have worked with many talented professionals and – more... was afforded challenging business opportunities over those years that have lead me to a fuller skill set and a relentless focus on customers and business results.

Unfortunately, career advancement requires moving to the UK or Hong Kong which is not an option at this stage of my life.

I would not hesitate to recommend GSK to other professionals who have international movement as an option. – less
Fun, fast paced environment
Warehouse Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, colleagues
Cons: promotions from within
Challenging yet rewarding atmosphere. Great place to work with festive colleagues.
A great place to work
SALES REPRESENTAVE (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare, car, cellular, gas, lunch, toll, commissions, great salary
Cons: my clients route was too long and far away from home
A typical day at work was visit clients and take their orders, remove expired products from gondolas and show new products.

The managers and co-workers were very intelligent and know what they need to do to reach goals. They accept me so fast in their team and we were like a family.

The hardest part of the job was the largest route that I had.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was closing months with excellent results in my route. – less
Untapped Potential
FT Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, easy location, strong brands to work on
Cons: poor management, lack of work/life balance
Pittsburgh Office Review

- management is sparse, not focused on development
- managers do not receive the training and coaching necessary to be good managers themselves
- many people are working in roles that they were moved to during last restructure - with limited support and limited training for these new roles
- culture is low energy, not engaged – more... and employees are not motivated to deliver results with pride/urgency
- another restructure is possible and people are nervous as a result – less
Great Workplace
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
* biopharm processing
* media prep lead
* troubleshooting processes
* manage personnel development of multiple people
* young work force which is fun
* up and coming industry
Amazing place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Research triangle Park, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract position
This was sort of a call center environment but really not just that. We assisted healthcare providers with product questions and sample requests. As well as consumers with product usage questions, possible financial assistance information.
Among other things.
My co-workers and I got along great. This was truly a company where everyone help each other – more... and you could safely ask aquestion without judgement.
The managers were some of the best managers that I have ever had – less
Balanced and efficient workplace.
Research Technician (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 6, 2014
I worked in a small group of five individuals. It was a very well-equipped lab, with clearly identified goals and reasonable expectations.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
We took inbound call from customers in regards to coverage. Also if they had complaints we handled that as well.
Patient Assistance Rep.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract position
A typical work day consists of assisting consumers with possible financial assistance with their medication, and any questions they may have regarding the product and how to use the medication properly. Also reporting quality issues to our safety department. I also documented potential Adverse events to the FDA. Assisting Healthcare providers with sample – more... requests or information regarding products.
The management, co-workers with this employer was amazing. I would say that I really enjoyed going to work everyday. The hardest part of the day would be speaking with some of the consumers who did not qualify for any of our assistance programs. – less
Great culture amazing people!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 18, 2014
Great culture amazing people! Coworkers and management are the best I've worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos