GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

I have worked at GSK for 23 years
Account Management Specialty Sales (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers, very good compensation
Cons: Management and Company Culture, Job security
I work with wonderful, hard-working, committed co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my day is being in front of the physicians selling my products. I love it!
Professional
Regional Office Administrator (Current Employee), Phila., PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Professional
Cons: downsize of company
GlaxoSmithKline was a wonderful place to work. Over the years made many new friends and learn much about corporate life. I hope to utilize my skills in my endeavors.
Inclusive Working Environment
Director, Market Research Operations (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: open space, cohesive culture, encourages a winning culture
Cons: little privacy for confidential discussion
The GSK office at the Navy Yard is a state-of-the-art facility. This new work environment encourages cohesion, innovation, and a collaborative culture!
Overall
Regional Sales Manager - Onoclogy GSK (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2015
GSK works from a place of transparency, integrity, and also will do right by the patient.

The company strategy is correct around Vaccines, and the Consumer Health and will offer consumers and shareholders growth.
Competitive pay
Senior Executive Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2015
Great pay but the moral has been quite low the last several years. The company is working on getting better with that. WIth a new US President things should change rather quickly
3 our of 5
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pipeline
Good Compensation and benefits, not too transparent.
Job Work/Life Balance- not good for working mothers

Compensation/Benefits- very good

Job Security/Advancement- a lot of integration

Management- not diversity trained

Job Culture-disconnected
Great environment with caring co-workers.
Financial Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible working conditions, great hours, good pay.
Cons: short lunch, no benefits.
-My work day comprises of pulling my query and separating it from highest dollar and customers that have not been called on within the last 7 days. I receive (as well as my team) incoming calls at a high rate while still keeping my query up to date. Majority of my time is spent on the phone helping customers with any issue I can. Throughout a day I could receive anywhere from 20-40 issues with customers as well as making 30+ outgoing calls per day.

-With this company, I have learned that working in a team environment helps to solve issues. Without the help of notes on accounts from your teammates, it would make the process a lot more difficult to please the customer. I have gained a new perspective on the definition of hard work and I am grateful to share this experience with my co-workers.

-Management is hands on and helpful with any questions or concerns you may have. Every aspect of your job is overlooked and being monitored. Keeping conversations as professional as possible will help you develop the skills passed down by upper-management.

-The co-workers are helpful and understand the daily routine that comes with the job. By working together it makes each individual's job easier. We have a tight knit group and want the best for each other so it helps when issues need to be resolved quickly.

-The hardest part of this job is dealing with upset or angry customers on a daily basis. Our job is to solve the issue at hand as fast as possible so the customer feels relieved. Apologizing and making sure the customer is taken care of before ending the conversation is the goal.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to solve issues on a daily basis for each customer. There is no better feeling than solving a customer's issue and preventing issues in the future.
very fast pace and stressful from time to time
Site PIMMS SME, Fingerprint Serialization (Current Employee), zebulon, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: working from home sometimes.
Cons: lots of pressure
A little bit too much of meeting and little time to get things done.
Lot of pressure to get things done but the process is normally slow and required a lot of people to make a decision, and the people sometimes do not really understand what they are approving, which makes things harder and slow.
business had its ups and downs
Dental Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 10, 2015
Working for them was a transition because the bought the previous employer. But all I have to say the brief time I had with them was satisfactory.
Great Experience
Regional Office Administrator/Meeting Planner (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package, wonderful people
Cons: lack of communication
Worked in the Respiratory Business unit in the US Pharma department of GSK. My region consisted of Ohio and Michigan. Enjoyed the meeting planning aspects of my job and the interaction with the field sales reps. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of seeing people as I worked from home for the last 5 years. Great overall experience.
Great People and Great Research
Project Lead (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great research and people
Cons: looking over your shoulder for the next round of layoffs
There is great research going on and the people are very talented and knowledgeable. Management is not transparent and doesn't seem to be able make a decision and stay with it.
Excellent company with smart employees and good company culture
Graduate Industrial Trainee (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: challenging work, smart people, modern working space
Cons: no free coffee. cafe is ok but can be better.
This is a very good company. People work hard and communicate a lot. Colleagues are friendly and care about each other. The work environment is called open space which looks very modern, and you can seat anywhere you like. There are fun activities, little carnival, pot luck, to name a few. I enjoyed my work here.
Great pay, people and science
Investigator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: pay, work-life balance, benefits
Cons: job security non-existant, constant reorganization
GSK has been a great place for scientists for my 18 years there. The work and colleagues has been fantastic but senior management has put so much instability into every part of the company that you cannot escape it. GSK is shutting down its RTP,NC facility and loosing most of the scientific talent it has there. The constant reorganizing and restructuring has cost the company billions in lost time and wasted projects.
Strong competitive Company with high quality products.
Senior Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
Pros: four day work week, great employee incentives and benefits. professional work environment.
Cons: training temporary employees that were unable to keep employment for an indefinite period of time.
A typical day at work consisted of finished product and raw material testing. The work was consistent with a very high output.
Data was entered into a LIMS system at the time of testing.
There was ongoing training and learning when new products were introduced.
I was involved with supervising the quality laboratory for an interim period of about eight months prior to hiring a new supervisor.
My duties included organizing work load for the analyst as well as knowing the status of incoming and outgoing products and testing. I also reported the lab status to my manager on a daily basis.
I was in charge of training all incoming laboratory personnel as well as the new supervisor.
Co-workers were very hard working professionals.
The most difficult part of the job was having enough time to complete the daily work with the work to analyst ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the four day work week and the feeling when the work was completed on time or ahead of time.
Adm. Asst - Nice Job
Professional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: close by - clean environment
Cons: pay - needs to be higher
Enjoyed my work while here. I worked for two Managers. Filed-Type- take minutes at meetings-order supplies-maintained training data.

Low pay - only disadvantage
summary
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), CHicagoFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: layoffs frequent
Fantastic benefits, good pay, great environment, positive uplifting experience. Great positive energy.Q: What is a typical day for a pharmaceutical sales representative?

A: One of the nice things about being a rep is that each day is different.

Here's what a typical Friday is like for me:

I start about 7:45 AM and get home about 6:00 PM. Fridays are always the busiest and most productive in my territory because on Fridays there is a weekly medical meeting, called a "Grand Rounds" at a large institution in my area.

Daily Planner

7:45 Attend a grand rounds at the hospital early in the morning to meet my customers for a coffee and bagel and catch up on the latest in medical education. Removed from their busy hectic private offices, the doctors are in their own environment in and they are mostly friendly and cordial.

Some of the doctors ask me to stop by their offices because they need drug samples or clinical information on my products. I might work the room, making pseudo-appointments for later in the day
Work Life Balance at its BEST
Business Operations Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work life balance, benefits, vacation and ability to grow.
Working at GSK was hands down the best job I ever had. I worked for and learned from some of the best in the industry. I had the ability to take on other tasks that were not in my job description which I enjoyed doing. I learned a lot about myself and the pharmaceutical industry. If I have the opportunity I would love to go back but due to reduction of staff my job was eliminated.
Wonderful Place
Admin Asst, Control Center of Excellence (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits, flexible working options
Cons: cafeteria is way over priced for the quality
GSK has been a great place to gain valuable experience. I have learned much over the years and been able to grow professionally.
Reserch and Development
Hospital Account Manager, Senior Executive (Current Employee), Omaha Ne/ MidwestFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: salary range
Cons: ic
Reserch and Development is good.
15 + years growing and developing within GSK gave me the breadth and depth to explore new opportuntities outside the company.
Excellent Research and Development focus
Federal Hospital Account Manager (Current Employee), New MexicoFebruary 23, 2015
Days full of activity including planning, emails and spending time with customers.
Management was well structured and available when needed.
Communication with co-workers occurred often. This allowed for sharing of best practices.
Very regulated environment. Fair balance and transparency was essential for success.
I enjoyed helping people, feel better, do more and live longer.

1 2 3 4 5

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos