GLAZER'S

GLAZER'S Employer Reviews

Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: not enough pay
stock wine, management worked with me all the time, great bosses, hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough to do the work I did
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Saint Rose, LAMay 29, 2014
I have gain more computer skills while working with this company.
SAD
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 12, 2014
The worst company I have ever worked for..... So unorganized then change your work week at the last minute with out asking.
Run! Don't walk.
Sales (Former Employee), ArkansasFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great portfolio of products, good employee training, great benefits
Cons: you name it! don't work for this evil company.
Company did a huge corporate restructure in April 2013. Cut sales reps pay by about 40%. Quit paying commission, just straight salary and low salaries at that! Used to treat the sales reps like Gods, now it has become very management heavy and the managers get all the rewards, recognition & bonuses. Sales force treated like dogs doing all the dirty – more... work after being bullied by upper management to hit numbers. They micromanage, question everything you do like they don't trust you, talk down to you like a child. Very hostile, unprofessional & disrespectful workplace. Offer NO positive recognition or encouragement. Sales reps don't get any praise or Extra pay for over exceeding. Management reaps all the rewards instead (trips, prizes, cash from vendors).

In my 10yrs with the company, Glazers never gave us anything for Christmas/Holidays. No bonus, no turkey, no jelly of the month club, not even an employee Christmas party, not even a Christmas card!

Incompetent warehouse staff can't load orders correctly for delivery so sales reps spend half their time re-delivering product that was a warehouse mistake (mis-picks, product was short on truck, product billed as Out of Stock, broken cases on arrival) because they rarely will fix their mistakes themselves. Customers hate Glazers! Sales reps have to field complaints & put out fires on issues that aren't their fault but nothing is ever fixed. Constantly begging for customers forgiveness.

Greedy, evil tyranny. Managers are bullies. – less
outstanding company with many oppurtunities to excell not only in business , but in life.
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: team work
team process and capabilities for all to improve. Managers were willing to allow others to learn about their positions, and teach their skills as well.
They need to terminate the warehouse supervisor
Staffing Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: n/!
Cons: employee abuse was tolerated, defended, and allowed.
He has a very rude attitude and show no mutual respect. Some above his authority that he doesn't deserve sugar coat his employee abusive and narcissist tactics.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Operations Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
It's 'a good old boy club' and they discriminate against women
Great environment/Great people to work for
Sales Representative DMH (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2013
I had the best time working here. I stayed very busy which I like and had the opportunity to meet and work with some amazing people!
Hard work low pay no recognition
Rather not say (Former Employee), Dallas texasMay 3, 2013
Pros: can't think of anything.
Cons: gps micromanaging devices for management/sales, they never work right, your word is doubted when gps doesn't work, no one knows how to fix, no one monitors, scare tactic
Worked for this company for 9 years. No opportunity for advancement unless you are of the Jewish faith or part of the Glazer family or attend their temple. Unbelievable disloyalty in upper management. People worked 20+ years get escorted out the door like they were criminals. Company headed south with new "leadership". Unless you are desperate, do not – more... give this company the time if day as they will do everything in their power to take the money you earn and stab you in the back. – less
Things change in 11 years !
Draft Beer & Wine Tech (Former Employee), KS & Mo combined recentlyApril 24, 2013
Pros: no !
Cons: allot !
Like I said , Things change in 11 years ! , never seen so mutch waist & unproductive co. with constant customer compaints that wen brought to mannager attention was ignored & so on . I got tired of appoligizing to customers all the time , not to mention trying to work with Bruery reps in & out of town complaining that no one from Glazers/ mannagement – more... in that department would return there calls , compared to our competotors ...( Major Bands ) so the rep pulled his product from Glazers & gave it to MB ???

:-( – less
Outdoors Sales
Salesperson (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 22, 2012
Overall, it wasn't a horrible place to work, but all income is from commission only, so if you couldn't sell anything, you didn't make any money.
Hard place to work at depending on shift.
Forklift driver (Former Employee), IAMay 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch every blue moon.
Cons: short breaks.
Every day at work is hard but educational:order pulling,forklift driving,restocking.
Young, friendly, fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2012
Pros: fun, enjoyable, great atmosphere
Cons: resets
I went to five grocery stores a day, placing wine orders with the store manager or the wine steward. I would check the backstock and make sure our shelves were full. I would present sales pitches to store managers in order to put our product on an end display. I went attended wine seminars in order to learn about how the wine was made, what grape was – more... used to make the wine, what flavors the wine possessed, etc. I learned a great deal about wine and I learned that the most important part of having a job is being able to communicate and build relationships. If I did not have a relationship with a store manager, I would not be able to get our products on end displays, or I would not be able to sell as many cases to that manager as I could in other places. Relationships building is one of my strongest aspects and that is something I am looking forward to in the future. My supervisor was extremely helpful and was always wanting to help me learn knew parts of the business. I learned so much from her last summer, not only in the business but in life as well. We still maintain a close friendship today. The other interns and I also developed close friendships. We all went to different schools; however, I still talk to each one of them at least once a week. They were just as willing to learn as I was which I think contributed to my experience here. The hardest, but most fun part of the job, was creating our final presentation. We had to develop a marketing campaign over sweet wines to present to the President, VP, and buyers for Kroger and Brookshire Brothers. We analyzed market trends, sales forecasts, Nielsen Data, and many other aspects in order to develop a marketing campaign for their future use. I came up with the slogan "Sweet Elite" and it is being used in stores today. – less

About GLAZER'S

Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, named during Prohibition when only drugstores and drug wholesalers could deal in liquor, is a – Read more