Glen Oaks Hospital Employee Reviews

Difficult if not impossible.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 17, 2017
This facility suffers from overbearing corporate superiors who are unconcerned about staff safety. They are heavy handed and have contributed to a high turnover of administration leadership, which in turn has contributed to a negative and difficult workplace culture in the facility.

On the local level the people work hard and care about the patients, but the corporate folks who fly in from out of state for a day or two every now and then - not so much.
Pros
The local staff and leadership are good people, trying to make it work.
Cons
The parent corporation forces them to run on a skeleton crew - making it unsafe.
Growing Hospital with Great Staff
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  NursingMay 6, 2017
I am a new employee and went through a somewhat rocky start because of a new manager over nursing but in my first 2 months, I've gotten some of the best experience. The employees are helpful and were supportive of me. There are always bad apples but most of the staff really care. It makes its fun to come to work. Management is approachable and communicates what's going on. Doesn't leave us in the dark. There have been so many upgrades to the facility so it's obvious the focus is on making the hospital a better place for the patients. I like working here and I'm glad to have the opportunity.
Pros
Staff members, management, experience
Cons
Busy and schedules change often
great staff, poor management
Housekeeping, Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 30, 2017
I use to really love the company I am working for now, But new management has made it impossible to know on a day to day basis if I am safe at this job. Job security wise. the turnover rate is ridiculous. Good people work there, I have seen hard workers being fired and quit because of poor management skills. I don't see any growth in my future, due to favoritism. Not based on job ethics, but based on if they like you personally or not. It feels the "lazy" people get all the glory and the hard workers get more work added to them making it impossible to do in one day. I love the people I work with, which makes it a shame I feel this way about this place.
great place to work
advocate for all patients (Current Employee) –  registered nurseMarch 3, 2017
Good place to work. I have the best manager and coworkers. We are very fast paced and productive. It also gives great learning experience.
Great Place
RECREATION THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILDecember 31, 2016
Programming for patients on a Behavioral Health Unit, can be challenging, the staff support and seeing that you can make a difference is quite rewarding.
Great Hospital with staff who really care
PRN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXAugust 17, 2016
This hospital has been through so many changes over the last year and its been for the best. They have staff who care about the patients. Of course there are some staff that are just here for a paycheck but that is everywhere you go. It's not an easy job but we work with patients who need help and deserve people willing to work hard, not just for the money. I'm happy to work here. I'm happy to make a difference.
Pros
co-workers, management
Cons
stressful at times
Not thrilled
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 5, 2016
The hospital is very unorganized and they tout help from corporate and having corporate resources when in reality corporate only cares about their bottom line. They always are saying because of budget we can't give you more help when they know very well that you are behind in your work and need the extra hands. The nursing staff are horrible, they are lazy and don't want to do their jobs correctly. There would be promise if the management would actually do their jobs and do more corrective action against the people who keep constantly screwing up.
great people to work with.
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 9, 2016
Hard work with the ill minded.
not good with promotions.
management is not good.
co-workers are great.
getting up to go to work daily.
seeing co-workers.
Loved the time I spent working with the Adolecents
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TX 75402March 19, 2016
The most rewarding and best place I've ever worked. Management was honest and fair with employees and cared about the patients. Co-workers were the best. Felt like a big family working together. The Psychiatrist and Therapists were free to share their knowledge when asked questions, which not only increased my knowledge base but also helped me to provide better care to the patients.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 12, 2016
After two years of changes, Glen Oaks finally has a great management team who strive to make this a wonderful place to work.

They have a family environment where the co-workers actually care about each other at work and outside of work.

The benefits are beyond belief - generous PTO accrual, terrific health, dental, vision & life benefits, 401K that matches up to 6%, etc.
Pros
Friendly environment. Great benefits.
Cons
Work very hard to help patients tthat really need help.
counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXDecember 15, 2015
Very poor unprofessional environment. Jail is a better place and many patients actually said this. Cant keep a decent CEO. Purely profit oriented. Its not about the patient here.
Pros
Some are working hard to help people
Cons
All upper management just want to make budget
great working enviroment
patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILOctober 24, 2015
The company provided excellent benefits to further your career. The compensation was very competitive and more then fair. The team as a whole was amazing. They were very family based offered time off for emergency with no argument.
Pros
wage compensation and furthering education
Cons
na
Very interesting environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 23, 2015
Great workplace with excellent co workers. Learn a lot about the psychology field. Hands on experience with patients.
Former Employee - Marketing
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 22, 2015
Overall the hospital is in shambles. They have had at least 4 CEO's in the last 2 years and currently are looking for a new CEO, the clinical Director left at the same time as the last CEO, the CFO retired and was done, and there isn't enough staff to maintain a full hospital. Pay is lower and employees constantly gain valuable experience and find the DFW pay well worth the drive as well as facilities that are running smoother. Staff is over worked and over stressed. This ship may or may not be at rock bottom, but definitely needs help before I would recommend for patients to go there or staff to work there.
Pros
Not in DFW if you want to get away for help.
Cons
Under staffed and old hospital without new features.
non- professional
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILDecember 17, 2014
Staff are over worked. Management was not professional. Youre over worked and offered a lot of over time everyday, and once you need a day off you are criticized.
Pros
staff to patient ratio
Cons
not professional
Diverse patients
Graduate Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TxDecember 17, 2013
Work is never boring. As a nurse I will not be able to maintain my skills at this facility. Also, there is no room for growth except to RN.
Un safe workplace
RN (Former Employee) –  Grennville txsJanuary 16, 2013
Staffing is so bad makes for a unsafe work place. The amount of care to clients is a joke. The company presents well on the surface BEWARE!!! Unclean nasty for a hospital!! The amount of money insurance companies pay out for this type of mental health care Glen oaks provides is shameful.
Pros
what little staff they do have are nice.
Cons
management, lack of patient care, would never recommend this hospital as a good work place or for any kind of care!!
n/a
RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXDecember 29, 2012
Great place to start your career.

standardized schedule

I do not wish to say anything else about a company that I previously work/ worked for.
Very structured
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXDecember 3, 2012
Although it was surprisingly a lot of work, I actually did appreciate the structure of this job. It kept me on my toes and prepared me for what I feel is a "secretarial" job. Answering multiple phone calls while trying to keep customers in front of me satisfied was truly a task, but worthwhile.
Good starting job
LVN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 7, 2012
This is a great place to start your carrer. The people I work with are great.
Pros
great hours
Cons
not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glen Oaks Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9