Glencroft Retirement Community Employee Reviews

do not work here
caregiver (Former Employee) –  67th aveFebruary 10, 2018
This company do not value honest, dependable, hard workers, this job is for close friends, it's based on who you know whether they keep you or not, They add more and more responsibilities but never an increase in pay.
Pros
location
Cons
not appreciated
Productive and fast pace
Wait Staff/Server (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 22, 2017
When I come in to work i greet everyone and make sure that all the products and tablets are out in the dinning room to start the day. Learned that are patients should be served with care. The workplace culture is amazing because you get to interact with the residents
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 21, 2017
I worked here for a short period after a couple of weeks I was told that my job that I was originally hired for was being eliminated and as a result that I would now HAVE to pass meds if I wanted to remain employed. I told my supervisor that I did not feel comfortable doing so in the required area and she responded that she would take me off the schedule. All of this happened without warning.
They will let you go if you have integrity & an amazing work ethic.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2017
All the Company cares about is making money off of the Residents.
The VP of Marketing is a wolf in sheep's clothing & does nothing but gossip about fellow co-workers.
The Chief Marketing Officer knows nothing about being a leader or working with Senior Citizens.
Employees are allowed to make crucial mistakes daily & bully co-workers because it's "all about who you know."
Pros
The Residents
Cons
It's all about who you know, favoritism, having a Manager that's never worked in the Industry that sat in his office on Facebook all day.
family feel
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 21, 2017
no one was rude or obnoxious, we worked as a family, Including our Manager/Director. He communicated with us fairly and respectful. Our work areas were kept clean and tidy,
Pros
overlaping shift change, communication was on point
Cons
not having a stove to cook or bake
Fun work place!
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
A great place to work. Very nice people - great coworkers. A very calm and comfortable environment to work in. Everyone there is very kind and I would reccomend you work here!
Pros
Fun environment, cool people
Cons
Weekends not off
i did not enjoy working here
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  DinningApril 10, 2017
The worst leadership! I am very disappointed in my time at this job and regret ever working here. I was treated unfairly and poorly.
Even though GlenCroft policy is that you need to know English to work there, everyone there speaks Spanish all the time and directions are given in spanish sometimes by the "supervisors" which Is unfair to someone who doesnt speak Spanish.
The leadership is poor, all the supervisor spoke poorly of each other and then would act like they never said anything bad when it's time to save themselves. I have never worked in such a bad enviroment. It's unfortunate.
The supervisors also undermined eachot her and some would let you sit on break for longer then the 30 mins glencroft allowed. Sometimes an hour and a half to two hours. Not even the management knows the issues that go on in this work place.
All my co-workers told.me how they constantly messed up on checks and hours, the first check I received didn't go thru till 3 pm because the person that sends the checks forgot due to an injury, but guess what? My bills did not wait till 3 pm.
Pros
benefits after 30 days.
Cons
drama, poor leader ship.
Fun everyone is very nice here.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix Arizona 67th Ave. just north of weather inFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoy working here. It is a Christian facility it is an honor to work with the company and the residents here. It is a new program here for caregivers. The staff really care for the residents and their employees.
Pros
Just all around good place great staff great coworkers no arguing everybody pretty much gets along.
Positive work environment.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 9, 2016
Glencroft is a Christian organization devoted to caring for all people in need of a helping hand and a safe environment. Glencroft employs some of the most intelligent and caring people in the area and compensates them with a competitive salary. I have learned to apply my nursing skills in emergency situations and to enjoy peaceful periods ot time. My charge nurse is exceptionally warm and caring. not only for the residents but to all employees. The hardest part of this position is watching residents expire. On the reverse side of that, enjoying time interacting with residents and their families is an outstanding benefit.
Pros
Family atmosphere.
Cons
Expensive family insurance.
if there was a no star i would choose that
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 18, 2016
this company is terrible, they're pretty much just making their money and waiting for residents to pass away. they do not care for any of their employees unless you are close friends and if you are you will most likely get a promotion anywhere you want. if you are a hard working employee who plays by the book and the good of the residents yo will more than likely loose your job.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything, do not work for this place.
Was dishwasher for about 6 months I personally did not enjoy it, and was not treated right.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 25, 2016
Ok so I started as the dishwasher here which the day begins by getting carts ready putting milk and juices on them while food gets made. Then you deliver those carts to four floors. After that you pretty much deliver food from another kitchen for the cooks to make lunch. Then you do the dishwashing twice once for breakfast then for lunch your day starts at 6:45 am and ends at 3:00 pm.After a while at this job I was doing 3 positions 1 was the stock and the other 2 were dish washing the morning and night dishwasher. No extra pay was given for knowing the other 2 positions. What I personally did not like was the constant extra things they added while working. The reason I left was because of management I had one particularly supervisor I bumped heads with and was constantly being watched as if I was not doing my job right I did not appreciate it one bit. And getting called by work to see if you can work happens a little too often here!
Pros
Free food, great co workers, job positions stay the same (sometimes)
Cons
Management, low pay, get called in to often, will make you learn at least 2 positions for no extra pay
Good work environment
Director of Security (RM) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 6, 2015
The day begins with a review of the past twenty four hours and a briefing from the out going security person. Next is a review of the activities on campus for the day ahead looking for special activities that might require advance set up, etc. Then it's off to patrol and check in at all the work places where employees will begin to congregate, opening doors, turning off alarms, etc.. Then to do the building checks where the residents live, looking for any signs of a person in need of assistance. From there on it's a patrol on bike, or foot and monitoring the emergency radio for any calls.
Management of time is required so that you can be at specific places on schedule. My co-workers are aware of time as well, so we move along. The hardest part of the job is the long day (24 hour). Relief comes for the night, but you are still on call at your place of rest.
The best part of the job is you only work two shifts a week and you have time off to do other things.
Pros
short work week and a good neighborhood to work in
Cons
long 24 hour shifts that always has several emergency situations
I loved my job for almost 5 years
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 6, 2014
I loved my job. Every day was different. I had to multi task which I did well.From transportation scheduling, to collecting and processing rent checks, to disbursing prescriptions, selling stamps and weighing small packages, making barber shop and podiatry clinic appointments, to helping Activity Director,making copies and sending faxes,distributing inter-office mail to taking reservations for special events in 2 dining rooms.

My main responsibility was to arrange transportation for residents going to doctors appointments, but my job became much more over the years, as one person said, "my desk was a destination for residents"

I loved working for seniors and knowing that sometimes they would come to my desk just to say "hello" and see me smile.
Even coworkers came to visit at my desk during their breaks.

I don't have a lot of education but I make up for it in life experience.

I never looked at any part of my job as being hard but as a blessing.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
I didn't get to stay longer
Worked in a retirement home as a dietary aid monitoring residents diets. passed trays, prepared food, and assisted the cook.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of me getting at the retirement community, preparing high calorie udding which was for the smaller patients who suffer from weight loss, then i would get on trayline to send trays to a specific floor and throughout the whole day i would assist the cook in the workplace by preparing the cold norishments for the residents. I learned about different diet consistancies, and how to interact with dementia patients. Most of my coworkers were good people. We all worked together to make sure the residents in the retirement community were taken care of first.
Pros
The residents, free food, their hours worked around my school
Cons
No break, no raise for two years of employment, inconsiderate, not reasonable