Glendale Adventist Medical Center Employee Reviews

poor management
Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 21, 2018
They hire full time employees status and they cannot provide adequate work hours and expect you to compensate with your PTO to supplement the full 40 hour work week. Poor management includes bad work culture and favoritism amongst workers and creates a pretty stressful work environment. the work culture is dependent on poor management.
Love the Psyche Departments
LVN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to get experience, as well as to get up to date effective training, everyone is very engaged with the patients and each other as peers, and the patient care team has the best collaborative efforts I've seen in my career thus far.
Pros
Mostly very experienced and positive people to work with on the unit floors
Cons
Some of the staff are very "cliquish"
Positive work environment
Quality Review Specialist RN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Fast paced, need to have good communication with physicians. Nurses are great and always willing to help out. The hospital needs more support staff in terms of lift team/CNA's
Pros
discounted services
Cons
need cna in ICU
Competitive -
Temporary Position through Robert Half Agency (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Identify and process Insurance and patient refunds.
Process Refund Dispute/Denials. Follow-up with Insurance and patient related requests.

RCI System
Management is supportive
Nice work place enviorment
Completing high volume of refund request/Corresponse
the work environment
Fun environment and work friendly
Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Interning at Glendale is very fast paced. A day of work would be to help the CNA's feed, bathe, and take the patients vital signs. I've learned effective communication and time management skills by being in multiple departments like the Emergency Room and the Pulmonary Telemetry Unit. The hardest part aout the job was being able to take on multiple tasks at once in a small time frame to complete them. I've learned too prioritize and complete one task then move on to the next as best as I can. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connections I've made with the patients and the employees in the hospital.
Pros
Gaining new friends
Cons
Unpaid Intership
Thankful for the Opportunity
Commercial Collector (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 27, 2017
It's given me the opportunity that many do not get so for that I'm very grateful. My time here has ran it's course and I feel like it's now a time for change being that a new year is about to start.
Pros
Four hour work day on Fridays.
Cons
Short breaks, No Permanent Hiring
staff are enjoyable to work with
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 8, 2017
In a place such as a hospital, it is understandable that staff may not always be easy to work with, but every encounter I have had with nurses, doctors, receptionists has been very enjoyable and takes stress off of caring for sick patients.
Pros
patient experience
Cons
no cons
strong team work and family base environment
Staff nurse in critical care (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 19, 2017
Very nice people to work with. Great atmosphere & work environment. CCU/ICU manager, where I worked, was very caring and took care of issues and conflicts right away.
Inpatient. Hard work but rewarding.
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 6, 2017
Inpatient. Hard work but rewarding. Also learned a lot about inpatient modalities. Management was demanding but fair. Would recommend if someone wants inpatient work.
Mixed review
CLINICAL NUTRITION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 2, 2017
After many years worked, the management changed and there was a lot of nepotism. Otherwise friendly staff and competent clinical staff. Unfair treatment of long term employees who differ in opinion from the management who are related to each other.
Pros
it was close to home and mission driven environment
Cons
Nepotism: low salary compared to other hospitals

Want to know more about Glendale Adventist Medical Center?

Ask a question
a very safe place to work,
Sr. Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2017
all the people at Glendale treat you like family, it was honor to work for such a company.
I learned two new computer systems that will help me in my next position, Management was very in everything they informed you about the company changes being up front and honest
Nice starter place to work
FULL-TIME Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  GlendaleOctober 20, 2017
Glendale is a great place to work as an RN. They love new grads and will train and guide you to become an experienced RN. Everyone is friendly and the culture is great!
Very flexible schedule. Nice people to work
RN/CM (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2017
Clinical reviews done in 8 hrs is minimum 40-45 per day. Not too stressful but constantly working on computer. The hardest part of the job if the long time sitting to meet the quota per shift.
Great charge nurses and management!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2017
Admit pt.'s, administer medications, pt. teaching, dressing changes, staple removal, transferring/discharging pt.'s. The management was GREAT. The charge nurses were very nice, helpful and fair. The hardest part was the quick turn-over and the most enjoyable part was the nursing staff. Everyone is helpful and the teamwork is great!
Pros
Managers and nursing staff.
Cons
Busy, busy, busy but this also makes the day go by fast!
Great co-workers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 5, 2017
Management was fair, but could be a hassle to work with. Coworkers and work environment were great. Nurses were amazing and friendly. Clean hospital and good people.
passionate about my job at Glendale Adventist
Staff Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 22, 2017
I had the opportunity to be part of a very challenging yet rewarding experience at Glendale Adventist. I grew with the organization and adapted the mission.
Stressful and fast paced environment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great place to make long lasting friendships. The employees are one of a kind. The administration needs work, a lot of politics to deal with. Not enough resources or organization. Administration doesn't always have your back as a RN or non-RN patient care worker
Pros
Great coworkers
Fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 9, 2017
great teamwork
great staffing
overall I the work experience here has been great. I have worked both in the medical floor as well as the psych unit. I've worked both days and nights and the staffing team work has been great
Pros
friendly reliable people
Cons
get put on call often
The Leadership and teamwork are amazing!!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 20, 2017
I would definitely recommend working at this hospital.

Be compassionate and committed. Leadership and staff give recognition to one another. Staffing is on it !
Great Place To Work
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91206August 18, 2017
Great place to work, friendly staff. Flexible hours. My co workers helped me get familiar with certain instruments and supplies I wasn't used to working with before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.