Glendale Adventist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nurse Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 12, 2016
In senior management positions with a health care and an investment company for over 15 profitable years amid industry ups and downs, delivered unique solutions that transformed corporate goals into profitable reality, built effective HR and operations systems, and managed rapid and sustained business growth. Recognized by company leadership, and peers, as a smart, industrious, tenacious, and decisive leader and visionary Managed Human Resources as a value-add, not a resource drain. Quickly assessed situations, rapidly crafting solutions, building teams, organizing actions, and creating profit and/or efficiency with each project’s conclusions
Geat and fun place to work
Diet Clerk-Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Glendale Advantist Hospital is one of the best hospitals in LA. It is a professional and efficient place to work. Arive on time and begin my workday and complete schaduled tasks on time. I demonstrate and teamwork by sharing information and resources with my coworkers and help them to solve the problems right away. I learned how to improve productivity and quality of the workplace by organizing and managing the tasks, act immediately on phone messages, and get a headstart on tomorrow by preparing the tasks before leveing the office today. There is no hardest part in this position. All it needs to be focused and pay attention to send the orders that is asked by specialists. In contrast to all the complications, the most enjoyable part of the job is to have delicious food from the hospital's kitchen.
Great place for team nursing. Wonderful working environment
Lic. Voc. Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 13, 2016
Come with an open heart and an open mind. There are many rewarding experiences waiting for you! This is a nice sized campus, with plenty of opportunity to work in other departments and float to other units.
Pros
Hospital Matching 401K
Cons
Salaries aren't as comparative as other hospitals
Great team we worked well together we were really close like family
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 6, 2016
Before the end we were busy with lots of surgery had to pull cased work in the instrument room and stock supply and run all sterilization equipment.
Pros
Family team
Cons
never no overtime going home on time or early was never an option but it was nice check.
Productive and pleasent place to work
Commercial Billing and Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 12, 2016
I love my job at GAMC. I had 25 employees that help me to succeed and get the totals put forth by the hospital. I am only leavening GAMC because I am relocating to Twin lakes idaho
Come for the experience, then find some place better
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Because the pay is not competitive with other hospitals, many new nurses come here to get experience, then move on to better paying facilities such as kaiser.
We've had 3 directors in the past 4 years.
20 nurses left last year alone.
And their replacements were mostly new grads.
Luckily some were smart enough to adapt without having been properly trained.
If you miss a staff meeting, you have to depend on word of mouth, because there are no minutes taken.
I could keep going. But I came to this site to find a better job, ( which I have 😅)
And not just to gripe.
Pros
As long as you don't hurt a patient, you'll keep your job.
Cons
Lack of communication and leadership.
Great environment with the opportunity to learn and gain experience
Caring for patients and assisting nurses (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2015
Adventist medical center provides a great intern program, we student work with nurses and can obtain knowledge and experience by helping them. I have to say that the job that we do is not only for our selves but to make sure that the people who are patients at the hospital can be comfortable with our aid and the nurses can be less stressed if we are there to help.
Pros
gain experience and gain knowledge and be able to communicate with doctors and surgeons.
Cons
very fast paced environment and can get repetitive
Productive work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 7, 2015
Learned to transport patients using a wheelchair.
Staff and management were professional and welcoming.
Shift consisted of receiving orders to pick up patients and assist them in the discharge process by transporting them to their vehicle.
It was enjoyable interacting with the patients and adding to their experience they had with the facility.
Great place to do my radiology intern
Diagnostic Radiology Department- Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 16, 2015
Fairly busy hospital that was able to give me experience in diagnostic radiology,fluoroscopy exams, c-arm procedures and mobile exams. Techs there were more than helpful towards the students and gave great patient care.
Ethnic Diversity employees work well together
Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2015
Nursing Diversity every nationality represented. Patient centered care. Hospital showing growth to meet the needs of the the diversed population of the community. employees work well together. I learned it is a teaching hospital and it is striving for improvement.
Pros
Teamwork and teaching enironment
Cons
short breaks
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 2, 2015
Great ambiance, friendly faces during the weekday. Positive atmosphere. I'm able to learn a lot from working within my department. If there's ever an error I've done, they give me time to improvement, but not enough time to fix the error that's done afterwards.

I'm able to make friends with new and old members of my GAMC Cafeteria team.
Pros
Administrative staff
Cons
Shift Supervisors
Very productive and learning place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 12, 2015
Always busy with high productivity to meet high standards set by management team. Multitasking and completing variety of tasks at the same time.
Management Horrible and out of touch!
MRI/CT tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale AdventistJanuary 30, 2015
This place is a facade! Looks beautiful from outside. But internally dysfunctionaly a mess.
ManAgers work 2 days a week. How can they know anything that's going on. Supervisor never cares about when you do a good job. Only cares when you do wrong .
The director of Radiologist . If you're a woman , you're good . But for a guy it sucks.
After 2 years they gave me .10c raise. After they said they would give at least 3% raise to compensate for inflation.
I know some of you guys are thinking I am dis gruntal.check out their $30,000,000.00 class action law suit against employees not getting their overtime or pay the employees deserve.
Pros
Transportation
Cons
Management, benefits, being flexed and politics
Productive and nice place to work
CT technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work is to scan about 50 patient at day in and out patients we work as a team in our department so the work goes easy. Everyday is a learning experience we see different cases everyday and we work with experienced doctors that share their knowledge with the techs. Management is great they are people who work with you to provide the best for the patients and to make you feel good when you working. Co-workers are nice because everyone helps. The hardest part of the job is language barrier and not having a translator next to you. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helping others to get better.
At your own risk
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 5, 2015
The job can be fun, if your spouse has good employment.

With a requirement of having to work 12 meetings a week, for 12 weeks, in order to qualify for health care, I was put off for one meeting, and the manager worked it instead.

I was given the meeting back the next week and told I would not qualify for health care coverage. I needed to try again for the next 12 weeks.

Receipts for meetings would be set aside for review so that they did not have to pay commission for another 2 weeks.
Pros
Fun members and staff
Cons
You'll never make ends meet if you rely on this job
Patient Access Scheduler / Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Glendale Adventist Medical Center and was impressed with the way the hospital ran. However, I must say that one department in particular could be improved, admitting. The manager in admitting is unprofessional and defensive. Aside from that one department, the I have been very impressed with the hospital.
productive and fun workplace to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learned from them as well. I also enjoyed helping people. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet.
Friendly Hospital Setting
East Tower Escort, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 7, 2014
It is a wonderful place to be at, as a patient, guest, or staff member. Everyone is friendly and takes good care of you! The only con to this hospital is the size of it, it is very easy to get lost. They have a great cafeteria, a little pond area in the back and in front of the East Tower lobby area, and they even have a gift shop!
Pros
Wonderful Environment, Friendly staff
Cons
Easy to get lost
Productive and fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 16, 2012
I have been employed by Glendale Adventist Medical Center, a large non-profit health care facility in Los Angeles, while attaining my MBA degree at the University Of Phoenix. As an Outreach Coordinator and Certified Application Assistant, I oversaw the execution of a $250,000 a year contract to coordinate client's access to a state funded health care delivery systems.
Pros
free lunches, career progression
Cons
government project, budget cuts
Very professional with all the lastest advances in medicine
Staff Nurse Per Diem Critical Care Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 7, 2012
This hospital was such a great place to work, especially right out of nursing school. There were incredible job and educational opportunities. I learned more here than at any other place I worked. I received training with IntraAortic Balloon Pump monitoring while on the critical care float pool, and was chosen to manage these patients when they came to the MICU. The learning curve was exciting for me and I loved the diversity my job offered. I truly miss this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.