Glendale Community College

Glendale Community College United States Employee Reviews

decent community college
student (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: classes were not expensive
Cons: getting classes were diffucult
I was set on my mind to do something with computers. The counselor suggested to follow certain steps. The classes thought at GCC had really good professors. They had free tutoring centers that helped a lot of students.
Great people and great place to work at.
HR - PBX Operator/Receptionist for Administration (Former Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 30, 2014
- Great atmosphere to work at.
- Great people.
- Very flexible job.
- Great work place for any person.
- Management is great.
- Lots of opportunities for growth.
- Enjoyable place to work overall.
The tasks included • Assist GCC students with basic and advanced level English courses. • Instructed students how to access online tools that will hel
English Tutor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 15, 2014
Pros: t was a very supportive work environment, and i found how important it was to help students that were struggling in basic courses.
Cons: the pay was low and the hours were only 20 hours a week due to their budget.
I really enjoyed assisting GCC students with basic and advanced level English courses. It was a very supportive work environment and I found how important it was to be able to help students that were struggling in basic courses. After the end of the semester we were laid off.
Productive and fun workplace
Network Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 25, 2014
I love working here. Very productive workplace and best way to get experience for work-study students.
Great work place
Tool room Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working for an institution for higher learning
Cons: part-time temporary employment
working with students and staff, co-workers were mostly work study students from diverse back grounds learned a lot about how a college operates with a multitude of departments and diverse groups.not a difficult job the whole educational system is what made it great.
A well rounded experience builder
Teachers Assistant, Math (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2014
Pros: hours accommedated a college students schedule
Cons: jobs ended with each semester.
This Student work program encouraged student to apply the techniques learned in class to a real life business experience. The ability to utilize application during the learning process reinforced the need and importance of each concept.
Fun amazing management
Advisement Student Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fun, fast pass, breaks
Cons: laziness in others
The management was amazing and the work days went by quickly. As soon as arriving to work I went straight to my routinely duties and did so until the work day was over, only down side was certain employees who didn't take their job too seriously.
Administrative Team
Student worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: academic emphasis
Cons: no benefits, no team effort
Clerical work such as, receptionist, time sheet keeper, customer service, faculty assistance. Class cancellation postings.
a friendly work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 2, 2014
Interacting with different types of personalities and behaviors
Every single person had something new to teach you about themselves and their characters, that helped me learn more about customer service and different needs of different clients.
Great Professors and great coworker where there to make the workplace even more fun.
Great place to gain independent experience
Marriage and Family Therapy Trainee (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 5, 2014
I loved working here, I grew tremendously and would recommend this school to anyone.
Full time position
Secretary to department head (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 2, 2014
Secretary to Manager of the Data Processing Department. This is how I learned that anyone in the school districts can get a hold of your computer and make it seem like you were messing with a computer, when you are 100% innocent. Inventory, tickle file, scanning of scantrons, typing, relieving at multi line switchboard, minutes at staff meetings.
Productive and quite area with laptops
Student Assistant Employment (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free usage of laptops
Cons: job only lasted as long as financial aid
Checking-in/Checking-out Laptops to ACE students, minor clerical work such as organizing paperwork and files, and keeping the room clean. I learned how to do light clerical work. I had two supervisors and coworkers worked on different shifts since this was a one-man-job.
Excellent environment with determined staff.
Student - Arizona (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 15, 2014
This is one of the best school that i've attended. Although i didn't work here. I treated the experience as a job, which led me to learn traits and experience's that will benefit me in potential job opportunities.
It was a great working environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 3, 2014
I would work one on one with students with disabilities and assist them with taking notes, reviewing assignments, helping them carry their books/backpacks, walk with them throughout the campus, and help them to achieve success in a welcoming educational environment.
Positive working environment centered around student engagement
Outreach Recruiter, Program Consulting (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 10, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, flexible scheduling
Cons: transparency
Great place to grow and work. Although, many departments treat each other like foreign countries.
Good working experience and enviroment.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 27, 2014
Employee need to meet the time schedule and prepare for any data collection. Good working experience to learn responsibility and knowledge in circuit measurement.
Great place to work in to helping others.
Tutor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 20, 2014
You have to be very organized because each hour counts for another student. I loved this job because of the people I worked with and the students I had to tutor. They were all great. Even my bosses were the best.
Nice school with good resources
ATHLETIC TRAINING STUDENT (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
Pros: working with other athletic training students
Cons: cleaing up after athletes
• Acquired knowledge of basic human anatomy
• Recognition of common injuries to athletes
• Evaluation of injured athletes
Fun job
Tutor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: sense of accomplishment
Cons: sometimes boring
I loved tutoring. The most boring part of the job was watching people type sooooo slowly. But I liked tutoring math classes. It was a challenge to teach abstract concepts in algebra to people who never understood them. It was a very rewarding job.
Great Environment to work
Principal (Former Employee), Glendale AZJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: night position and part time
Cons: if class size was too small class was canceled
Part time employee
Teaching prospective students who want to become teachers
That many of the students don't have any real idea what it takes to become a teacher
Didn't have any contact with co-workers. Independent employee
Grading papers and preparing valuable lessons
Making teaching real to students was the most enjoyable part of the postions