Glendale Community College Employee Reviews

Worked well with my co-workers
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 30, 2017
I worked with students and on the computer. I made a lot of phone calls making sure students were going to class. I also was open to them if they had any issues. I sent them to counseling or tutoring if they needed it. I listened to their problems and gave my opinion.

I worked well with my co-workers. We would help each other if we needed any help.
Pros
College atmosphere
Cons
Management was not present
Great work environment
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 11, 2017
While working for the school, I had many opportunities available as an employee. I had fun. Many great people to build a quality network. There were many available hours to work.
Pros
Reduced costs
Cons
Typical human gossip
This a good place to learn
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 26, 2017
This is a good place to share your experience by teaching and working with others. They do have some training for new professors and are willing to work with you to improve your performance
A great place to learn on the job and meet great people.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 25, 2017
A good place to start a career, as an apprentice or skilled professional. You can choose your hours or your field of expertize depending on your qualifications.
It was a great place to interact with others of diverse backgrounds.
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 25, 2017
I learned to teach others Microsoft Applications and was able to interact with a diverse amount of people. Felt accomplished when students learned the program.
Pros
Teaching others
Cons
Minimum hours
A very productive and knowledgable department
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 12, 2017
This school changed my life immensely as both a former student and a teaching assistant. It is a very intense program with great rewards and teaching has so many benefits. I learned how to interact with very different varieties of personalities. It is both an excellent learning environment for not only the students, but the faculty as well. The Director of EMT is very knowledgeable and has formed a great team.
Productive and competive
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 22, 2017
Working in an environment not to competitive but not to unbalanced. Working during morning hours assisting students with vital life successful choices have helped me to be more understanding
Adjunct
RN Adjunct Facutly (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 9, 2017
Working as an adjunct is great. Pay isn't great, but that is to be expected. I highly enjoyed working with the instructors and students and off-site clinical staff. I felt as though the opportunity kept me sharp.
fun place with children
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 8, 2017
I'm learning about how you have to treat with children.
A typical day at work is playing with children making and make a safe environment.
also have a very friend relationship between management and employees.
Worked as a Student
ACTOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 12, 2017
I was an actor at the theater there, the fine arts staff are very helpful and the theater puts on an excellent season of four shows every school year. Highly recommended for any student.
Great place to learn
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 8, 2017
The college is a fun place to work. It has a beautiful campus with many peaceful areas to enjoy. The staff is friendly and the pay is excellent. The experience gained here is valuable and can aid you in growth anywhere.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
demanding
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 8, 2017
As long as you are honest upfront, professional and calling in with any problems of getting to work on time, most managers will work with you. You only have problems typically if you are on your phone during meetings, checking your phone instead of getting your work done, don't call in when you're late, or if you ignore the list of Duties that your supervisor or manager gives you.
Pros
Easy going professional atmosphere
Cons
They don't let you work through your lunch
perfecto
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2017
es un colegion que ayudan mucho a los estudiantes de bajos recursos. se les ayudan con voucher para materiales, libros y/o instrumentos.
Fine place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 24, 2017
Fair and decent place to work. Would like to work full time but these chances are very few and never even get a chance to interview. I have learned how to teach at the college level here.
Productive Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 24, 2017
Working for this company afforded some unique opportunities and aided me in building an essential network to advance in my education as a student. I was able to make an impact and see the impact that I made on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule friendly
Cons
None!
Very positive experience
Biology Preparation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biology DepartmentJuly 10, 2017
Typical work day: Come into workplace, immediately directed by employer to begin work. Begin by cleaning workplace, cutting paraffin wax, and organizing chemicals/materials for making solutions

I learned many things on-site: making chemical solutions, learning metric weight measurements and conversions.

Management: Very professional and easy to work with.

Culture: Organized and efficient ("Well-oiled machine")

Hardest part of the job: Keeping up with daily routine. Some days are busier than others and with few preparation assistants, days can be very hectic.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Learning new concepts, ideas, and techniques on a daily basis. There's never a short of things to do around the prep laboratory.
Gained valuable social skills at first college job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 5, 2017
Wonderful staff and supervisor always there lending a helping hand. As my first job in college I learned how to answer phone calls, fax, work under pressure, file and manage important paperwork, and learn from the best. Hard working culture always striving for the best. I was responsible for seeing endowment checks being processed and filed correctly, and enjoyed interacting with those donating to a good cause.
Seasonal/Temp. position with no benefits
Registration Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 3, 2017
I loved the social environment and the people I worked with, however, my work was only needed every three months so I was left without work for the following three months. Also, registration workers at Glendale Community College (admissions office) did not get any form on benefits (ex: health, PTO, etc.)
I was happy to assist students with their assignments.
American Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 30, 2017
I worked on a very part-time job.

When I taught ASL to the students, it helped me to improve my teaching skill.

Sometimes, it was hard to translate from English grammars to ASL grammars but it was a good challenge to me.
Awesome Work Environment for Student-Workers!
Aide for Disabled Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 14, 2017
A great working environment, especially for people who choose to continue to pursue their educational goals. Fun and light-hearted place most of the times, great attitudes and personalities as well, and awesome facilities which coincide with the learning experience of GCC. I would recommend anyone who is going to GCC to work there as well. They work with your school schedule there with no hassle.
Pros
Time to study, do homework, and reliable as a workplace.
Cons
Not many cons. Just show up and do your work.