Glendale Community College Employee Reviews

Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 21, 2016
Although I've been a contract employee with Glendale Community College since 2013, It's for the most part pretty easy to get along. The best part of the job is working with the students, and the satisfaction you get as you watch succeed. If there is a negative, it would be a lack of communication on the part of management.
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant & Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 28, 2016
Glendale Community College is a great place to work. The Technology and Consumer Science Department really cares for ALL of their workers.
Hiring too many adjuncts
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 22, 2016
As with all community colleges, they are hiring tons of part-timers, giving you hours just shy of the requirement to also give you health insurance, and are basically expecting you to get hired elsewhere to make living wages. In my department, there were dozens of adjunct teachers who'd been there for many years - ie. there is zero chance of getting a full time position, much less a tenured spot. Some of the teachers were working at five different colleges, driving all over the state. Realize that you will be working a lot more hours than you get paid for. I was in the English department, so there were a lot of essays. When you're grading that many essays, the pay works out to 1 or 2 dollars per hour.
Pros
scheduled to fit between your other jobs, nice campus
Cons
no benefits, no promotions, long hours
Productive and a fun work place, lots of free food!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 16, 2016
I worked with something different every day. The technical people were smart. sincere, and willing to teach if you wanted to learn about a piece of equipment. I helped set up computers, TV's, and all types of electronic equipment. I have over 30 years working on all types of electronics. I was at KPHO, CBS 5, Phoenix, for 20 years, I was a Broadcast Maintenance Technician. I worked on the electronics and trained people for tv studio related jobs.
A good place to work and attend classes
Computer Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2016
I learned a lot about computers. Teaching others how to use computers. I learn how to handle irate students and staff. I enjoyed the opportunity to use my skills as a computer tech to help others learn the amazing things about computers.
Pros
Learning how to communicate in a business evironment
Cons
Not a lot of advanment opportunityes
One of the best colleges in Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Course
Associate in Science Degree (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 21, 2016
Excellent curriculum and outstanding professors. Many graduates obtained management positions in various treatment facilities.
exceptional and diverse student-body.
ART INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
Classes were motivating and interesting to teach. Students were receptive and mostly eager to learn. Not many faculty meetings were required so I was able to work with students independently. There was minimal collaboration with other faculty members, which I feel could have happened more frequently to benefit student success. On the whole the culture of the art department was to bring your best to and for the students. This is the main point.
Pros
independence
Cons
no medical plan or other support
I have a very hard time securing more than one class session
Adjunct English as a Second Language Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85302July 14, 2016
I am not able to make financial ends meet. All of the adjunct professors are very friendly and likable. The grounds are well-kept at both campuses to give a very calming and safe atmosphere.
Glendale Community College
Junior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 3, 2016
Very enjoyable working for this college as they accommodate their student workers for fit their schedules. The staff is very friendly and willing to help each other out.
This part-time job has taught me so much in my short time here to learn what it takes to become a Graphic Designer.
Productive and fun workplace
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 11, 2016
Very intuitive and was fun to work as an SI Leader.

Had the opportunity to use my knowledge and help/tutor other students that came to the tutoring hours before class.
Pros
On campus work
Great first job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 31, 2016
Did the work study program, It was a great first job. The staff was nice and helped out a lot when I had many questions. I got to work on my homework and study for text on my down time.
Pros
grea staff
Cons
short breaks
temporary at will
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 28, 2016
caring faculty a great way to gain experience while pursuing a degree the staff brought me back to work as a budget student I obtained invaluable experience in my field of study with an accredited institution
Amazing Junior College
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 22, 2016
Glendale community college has given me a chance to see my full potential in school. I've grown as a student and young woman.
I gained lots of experience while I was working in Glendale Community College's Kitchen
Chef Assistant/internship (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 2, 2016
I learned management while I was doing my internship in Glendale Community College. The most enjoyable part of the job was while I was helping the Chef with the events.
Completed two semesters in Computers and music. GPA 4.0
Classes in Microsoft works and Music classes. (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 15, 2016
I really enjoyed going to school here. Had to go back to work. I didnt want to aquire loans to finish school. I obtained a good general knowledge of computers and glad I completed the Works class!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lacked funds to finish
Calm fun environment
Assistant Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me cleaning sports equipment ,answering phone calls and assisting Supervisor with sports equipments.I learned that kindness is key to maintaing a good character on a job. Managment was friendly and relatable.The hardest part of the job was seeing clients with disabilities not function the right way with their bodies.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients who had so much joy inspitie of what they were going through.
Pros
Fun work enviorment
Cons
short hours
Helps to stay current on new trends in EMS
EMT Skills Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 14, 2016
I enjoy proctoring students and also being a patient. It helps me stay up to date on the current changes in EMS as well stay sharp with my skill set as an EMT
Life as a Mathematics Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work was clocking in, talking to various tutors about math, waiting for a question when someone did not know how to answer a question and explaining how to solve the problem.

I learned how to effectively communicate to both coworkers and students alike. The responsibility of being a tutor is focusing on the problem and not giving up on a problem until the problem is solved.

There was no need for management at the job. Our main requirement was to focus on helping out students.

Coworkers were friendly, they were not harsh or anything of the sort. They were supportive, and help when you are having trouble solving a problem.

The hardest part of the job was self-managing time allotted to students when the problem was difficult and there were a flood of students showing up.

Most enjoyable part were my coworkers, my boss and the students I taught. Each one only added towards a great experience at working in this job.
Pros
Free Occasional Lunches
Cons
Self Management
Fun place to work at night
Help disabled person (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 10, 2016
It was great to work with different people in every years. I was really cool work at the campus. It was a cool part time job and co-works are really nice.
Pros
driving around campus
Cons
so many students ask for a ride.
Great people, great environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 21, 2016
The department I worked in was very team-oriented and welcoming. Everyone had a place there, and they were always willing to help. Great environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6