Glendale Elementary School District Employee Reviews

Wonderful teachers and staff
Educational Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 20, 2016
Everyone in the school is wonderful people. Their all so helpful when a new staff member comes to the school. All staff makes everyone comfortable. Teachers truly care about the well being of the students. All teachers do their very best to help the students succeed.
Tough district to work for
Academic Achievement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 14, 2016
This is a district with a very large population of employees at the district office that all have their own agendas and big egos. I never thought they were doing what was best for kids and it was a shame for all of the really great people working in the schools who actually wanted what was best for kids.
Pros
Great kids and some great teachers/principals
Cons
Ego maniacs in the district office, reverse racism by the superintendent, He's been quoted as saying "we need more hispanics to work in the district", "looking for people in the community to work in our district" (qualified or not)
Worker
Special Needs School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 25, 2016
The district was very disorganized in training and took awhile before I became a full fledged driver. Drivers were favored and drivers that had been there longer got better routes and better treatment
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Other drivers were favored
laid back
Journeyman Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 12, 2016
change oil almost every day. with little management/supervision. great place to work for with good benefits. co-workers are great to work with sometimes hard to get along with
Friendly Enviroment
Night Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 25, 2016
Staff is friendly and there is always a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day for keeping the school safe and clean for students.
Purposeful
General Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 23, 2016
Worked very long hours as a teacher in a public school. I was coached four sports at the school and was a team lead in my grade level.

I would normally work between 10-12 hours a day and would sometimes work on Saturday morning when coaching.

I learned how to develop strategic educational initiatives and about deploying them in a team to a resistant group of people.

Learned about how to communicate to difficult parties and large groups of people.

The hardest part of my job was often the lack of support and compensation from the district. It was sometimes difficult to motivate the students I taught.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the students and families that I got to know. Teaching was rewarding, just not in a monetary sense.

My co workers were amazing and hard working people that pushed me to do my best every single day. Accountability was very high and excellence was required every day.
Pros
stable job with consistent focus every day.
Cons
low wage and very little support from the district
N/a
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Working for the district itself is very enjoyable. Being at the school I am currently working in, is very stressful and I feel like the school does not get the support it needs.
Bus driving was enjoyable
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 28, 2016
Driving was enjoyable, salary was not enough to substain everyday needs at the time, time off without pay for summers was brutal. I loved the special needs children. My co workers were great.
Fun workplace
Activity Coordinator/Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Provide instructional activities for children in k-6 grade
Organized field trips and summer program activities
Participated in continuing education courses
Enriched the lives of children through educational activaties and field trips
Pros
Fun enjoyable work environment
Cons
Part time
Enjoyable but challenging work place
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2015
This was my first year with the school district and the District Office staff and my coworkers were awesome in helping me learn the ropes of the job. The difficult part was the principal and assistant principal whose lacked communication made the work difficult and provided no support for the job.
Pros
a happy work place
Cons
management
Enjoyable employees and the students were great.
Teacher, Harold W. Smith School (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 1, 2015
The students could be very rewarding when they made gains. There were good teachers. It was difficult to communicate with students and parents due to the language barrier.
Good Job for Part-time
Crossing Guard/Lunch Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 18, 2014
I loved working at the school but I did not like to work out in the sun. I would arrive everyday 15-20min early. Take out my crossing signs, interact with parents, students, and traffic. After my shift I would volunteer my time in the office. At lunch I would monitor the students of all grades on the playground. I loved my co-workers everyone was lovely. The hardest part of my job was working outside in the sun. The best part was working with the students.
Pros
Working @ my kids school
Cons
working outside in the Arizona heat
Challenging enviorment to meet the interest of students.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 4, 2014
I taught on average about 300 students ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade. Curriculum consisted of principles of design and elements of art, the use of techniques, tools and media to creatively problem solve through visual communications. Students were also exposed to a variety of artists and styles while exploring art history and careers.
I enjoyed working with all of the teachers and students. The hardest part was balancing an engaging program for the students while meeting the requirements for state tests.
Pros
Getting to know encourage and motivate children's creativity.
Cons
Short breaks, overeaching demands of National and State standards.
Friendly and enjoyable school
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children.
Pros
School Year Calendar
Cons
Pay
Good employment.
IT Department Multi-Point System Installer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 12, 2014
was a good experience in the beginning but went sour due to the feeling of a lack of job security.
Fantastic Work Environment. Supportive Administration. Great collegues.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 30, 2014
*Teach content
*Meetings after school, duty free lunch & day
*Administration= available, supportive, easy to work for, on your side
*Co-workers= fantastic @ their job, kind, no harbored animosity
*Hardest part of job= grading scale (FAME) & students come from poor family lives without much training
*Most enjoyable part of job= people I work with
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Tough Students
productive
Food services cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale,AZJanuary 21, 2014
food service cashier, managing students accounts, cash handling, preparing bank drops
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not being bilingual
Communication and being genuine are important for workplace staff engagement
Social Emotional Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing socio-emotional counseling supports to children and teens and their reciprocal engagement individually, in classrooms, and in support groups. The challenges are lack of parental support as well as leadership practices which are inconsistent, lack communication successes, and thus often result in personnel issues and concerns regarding honesty and integrity of services by site-based and district-level management.
Pros
Engaging children, some educators who dare to be creative and intuitive thinkers and doers for children
Cons
Lack communication; inconsistent leadership decisions; passive-aggressive site-based leaders
High patience required occupation, fun,and very loving environment. Sometimes staff can act "catty" for lack of a better word.
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 14, 2012
Love this career choice. It is for people with very good patience skills. Requires delicate handling of children with special needs and incorporates learning in every situation that arises. Most staff is friendly and willing to help in any situation. Hardest thing about this career is the overwhelming screaming that often goes on. The most enjoyable part is getting to know each student individually.
Pros
benefits, great pay
Cons
the hard days
Harsh environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 4, 2012
I was employed here for six years. After reporting a teacher who hit a special needs child and kissed others, I had to report a teacher who brought a bag of guns to school. I was subject to severe harassment and threats for doing this. My boss turned it on me and had others do so as well. I resigned when I could not tolerate being disrespected anymore, especially in front of my students.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale Elementary School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Glendale Elementary School District Reviews by Location