Glendale Elementary School District Employee Reviews

Great to work.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 17, 2017
It is a very good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to work part-time. I really enjoyed my time there. The people are really nice to work with.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sub Custodian (Former Employee) –  Glendale, ARJune 16, 2017
I woke up every morning happy to work. I loved my job, the pay, my hours! The Glendale district was a really good place to work at for a teen. Many benefits.
Tough district
Teacher, Grades (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 8, 2017
This district was often mismanaged. Good benefits and compensation, poor job security / advancement. The management needed a lot of improvement, from teachers to superintendent's office.
Large school district with high morale
3rd Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working for GESD. My boss was so sweet and really wanted to help each of her teachers. My vice principal was in it for the kids 100 percent. The tough thing about this job was the class sizes. I had 30 kids in one 3rd grade class. I loved each and every one of them though as they were great kids who wanted to learn. There was a lot support throughout the school in the form of reading and math specialists who assisted new teachers. The mentoring program was very helpful as well as it gave new teachers a shoulder to lean on.
Pros
great kids who want to learn
Cons
never ending to do list
Great place to start
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 5, 2017
It's great as a first job. It's a great place to begin your teaching journey and you can learn a lot. Lots of professional development and ways to improve your practice and pedagogy.
Great Place to work
IT Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Exciting environment to work in. Very fast paced and up to date on policies and technology. Would recommend for anyone looking for an IT career.
Decent District to work for
Night Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 14, 2016
The management here needs improvement. overall it was ok working here, and everyone got along as co-workers, but far as management, it seems as if they need more training on how to train others under them or micromanaging correctly.
Wonderful teachers and staff
Educational Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 20, 2016
Everyone in the school is wonderful people. Their all so helpful when a new staff member comes to the school. All staff makes everyone comfortable. Teachers truly care about the well being of the students. All teachers do their very best to help the students succeed.
Tough district to work for
Academic Achievement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 14, 2016
This is a district with a very large population of employees at the district office that all have their own agendas and big egos. I never thought they were doing what was best for kids and it was a shame for all of the really great people working in the schools who actually wanted what was best for kids.
Pros
Great kids and some great teachers/principals
Cons
Ego maniacs in the district office, reverse racism by the superintendent, He's been quoted as saying "we need more hispanics to work in the district", "looking for people in the community to work in our district" (qualified or not)
fast paced and energetic workplace
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 8, 2016
I have learned how to function and flow well in a hectic work environment. From the start of my work day it was my duty to make sure any and all deadlines are met. It was not only my duty to delegate but to also assist in all kitchen duties, from meal service to food/supply orders.
Worker
Special Needs School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 25, 2016
The district was very disorganized in training and took awhile before I became a full fledged driver. Drivers were favored and drivers that had been there longer got better routes and better treatment
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Other drivers were favored
laid back
Journeyman Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 12, 2016
change oil almost every day. with little management/supervision. great place to work for with good benefits. co-workers are great to work with sometimes hard to get along with
Friendly Enviroment
Night Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 25, 2016
Staff is friendly and there is always a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day for keeping the school safe and clean for students.
Purposeful
General Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 23, 2016
Worked very long hours as a teacher in a public school. I was coached four sports at the school and was a team lead in my grade level.

I would normally work between 10-12 hours a day and would sometimes work on Saturday morning when coaching.

I learned how to develop strategic educational initiatives and about deploying them in a team to a resistant group of people.

Learned about how to communicate to difficult parties and large groups of people.

The hardest part of my job was often the lack of support and compensation from the district. It was sometimes difficult to motivate the students I taught.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the students and families that I got to know. Teaching was rewarding, just not in a monetary sense.

My co workers were amazing and hard working people that pushed me to do my best every single day. Accountability was very high and excellence was required every day.
Pros
stable job with consistent focus every day.
Cons
low wage and very little support from the district
N/a
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Working for the district itself is very enjoyable. Being at the school I am currently working in, is very stressful and I feel like the school does not get the support it needs.
Bus driving was enjoyable
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 28, 2016
Driving was enjoyable, salary was not enough to substain everyday needs at the time, time off without pay for summers was brutal. I loved the special needs children. My co workers were great.
Fun workplace
Activity Coordinator/Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Provide instructional activities for children in k-6 grade
Organized field trips and summer program activities
Participated in continuing education courses
Enriched the lives of children through educational activaties and field trips
Pros
Fun enjoyable work environment
Cons
Part time
Enjoyable but challenging work place
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2015
This was my first year with the school district and the District Office staff and my coworkers were awesome in helping me learn the ropes of the job. The difficult part was the principal and assistant principal whose lacked communication made the work difficult and provided no support for the job.
Pros
a happy work place
Cons
management
Enjoyable employees and the students were great.
Teacher, Harold W. Smith School (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 1, 2015
The students could be very rewarding when they made gains. There were good teachers. It was difficult to communicate with students and parents due to the language barrier.
Good Job for Part-time
Crossing Guard/Lunch Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 18, 2014
I loved working at the school but I did not like to work out in the sun. I would arrive everyday 15-20min early. Take out my crossing signs, interact with parents, students, and traffic. After my shift I would volunteer my time in the office. At lunch I would monitor the students of all grades on the playground. I loved my co-workers everyone was lovely. The hardest part of my job was working outside in the sun. The best part was working with the students.
Pros
Working @ my kids school
Cons
working outside in the Arizona heat