Glendive Medical Center Employee Reviews

Terrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTFebruary 23, 2017
Had a terrible experience working for GMC. While I was working at the hospital in ER and acute it was OK just not much work to be done I was a housekeeper. So I got switched over to the vets home and I had lots of work to do over there but the head housekeeper definitely didn't like me and made sure I knew by constantly complaing about how terrible my work was and how bad of a job I was doing. He would even go talk with the residents and tell them how bad of a worker I was and how he didn't like me working there. I had a couple of the residents ask me if I liked my job and that I better step it up if I wanted to keep it. I mean how embarrassing that was for me. I absolutely DO NOT recommend working as a housekeeper for GMC. Plus you don't get paid well either. It's absolute trash.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Pretty much everything
Cna
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTSeptember 22, 2014
ABSOLUTELY my favorite place to work. I assisted residents with their ADL's , assisted in feeding, dressing, ambulation, toileting, and anything else they needed assistance with.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NOTHING
PRIMARY NURSE-NOC Shift (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTMarch 25, 2014
Former RN - extended care. Other nurses were very professional and competent and great to work with. As my first RN job, they were patient and willing to teach. Good continuation of care from shift to shift. DON responsive to concerns, listened to ideas, and willing to work the floor if needed. Patient's well being was the priority for everyone. I held off 5 stars because that would be perfection.
My reason for leaving had nothing to do with the job.
Pros
Co-workers skilled, caring, and supportive. Patients were #1
Cons
Town is remote if you have family in other states to see frequently
watch your back
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Eastern Montana Veteran's HomeDecember 14, 2013
They have recorded report. If there's a question with something the charge nurse said when she recorded it, she refers you to someone else. There was no education/CEU provided. There was minimal orientation to routine but not to residents' diseases nor to where supplies are stored. Management operates via favoritism without investigating allegations of erroneous acts. All night shift personnel are travelers, staff takes the day shifts. Other travelers are generally friendly, suffer together but even with travelers, there are certain favorites whose word is gospel there. Be careful to report to several others every move you make. Day shift nurses are unhappy about something to do with their work conditions. I didn't get much info about that. One resident liked to sit up w/coffee early and watch day shift arrive, called it counting grouches. Hardest part of the job was figuring out where supplies were, what was every resident's disease, and being pleasant to the favorite. Management stayed away from actual nursing aside from an email or staff meeting. They really did not know much about night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers in general.
Pros
free dinner for night shift
Cons
no bnenfits, low pay, unpleasant housing, bad management
Satisfying
CNA (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTSeptember 23, 2013
I would toilet, bath, dress, and feed my residence. Transferring them and assisting in exercises.
Great people to work with
staff member (Current Employee) –  Glendive, MontanaMay 7, 2013
After leaving the Midwest and all its problems (crime, layoffs, unemployment, high taxes) we have found Glendive Medical Center to be a great employer. The core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence are evident. The community is generous and the staff are conscientious. Small town life, if that's what you are looking for, can be found in Glendive, Montana.
GMC - Great Place to work and live
Admin/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendive, MTMarch 9, 2013
I enjoy working at Glendive Medical Center because it is not your typical rural health care facility. We are constantly evolving in technology, equipment and culture. I believe that GMC is visionary and focused on what the community and region needs of a medical center in a world of uncertainty with the changes in health care that are to come. I like to work at a place where what I do makes a difference and a direct impact on the organization. I also like to work with and amongst the diversity of specialists that healthcare and GMC offers. Since I’m non-clinical I enjoy sitting in meetings with clinical professionals and hearing their view and perspective. I couldn’t ask for a better place to work; my job has not only introduced me to individuals but also activities and avenues that I can put my talents to work "at work" but also, in making Glendive a better community to live in.
Pros
job security, flexible work environment
Challenging work environment with little leadership
admin assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendive, Mt.November 14, 2012
Employees are not a priority and HR is not an advocate for staff. Jobs are filled without following the proper policy. HR isn't knowledgeable about their jobs with little or no education on benefits and poor leadership that doesn't lead by example. They care more about impressing the CEO than doing the right thing. People are afraid to report issues because the director lacks the ability to handle problems with tact. Retaliation for telling the truth and reporting illegal HR actions.
Cons
losing benefits, short censused, bad morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendive Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Glendive Medical Center Reviews by Location