Glenmont Job Corps Academy

Glenmont Job Corps Academy Employer Reviews

Glenmont Jobcorps
Certified Nurses Assistant Trade Certified (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYJune 15, 2014
Pros: free meals and transportation, as well as room and board, free recreational trips and most of all free trade classes
Cons: intense at times, sometimes the weather is'nt as friendly as one might want it to be .
Glenmont is a self paced program that aides youth in furthering themselves in the careers of their choice.Jobcorps allows you to choose from a variety of trades with hands-on class work as well as instructors that help guide you along the path towards success.what i most enjoy most about jobcorps is the care of the instructors as well as the staff.A – more... typical day at glenmont is mostly hands-on work and team building that gets you ready for the real world of work.The classes they provide are free and of no charge to the students.
At jobcorps i learned that team work is essential in regards to getting a project done especially when the people in which you work with come from differnt backgrounds and different viewpoints than yourself.i think the most difficult part for me at my current stay in job corps is finding a bridge towards gaining commrodery with the individuals who are of a different background than myself.My co-workers have become my family as for i can honestly lean on them for support whenever i feel at my lowest.Hopefully after i leave i will be able to include some if not most of my co-workers as refferences because we all want each other to succeed in the real world. – less
protection of lives and property it is fun when you safe individual live or make them feel free that is fun too.
Security Guard Hands-on-Training (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYMay 25, 2014
* first day of my job works with Student difficult.
* I learned how to control myself and become have more dependent.
* I manage very good with patrolling hallways outdoor and indoor and * Walking around the building to ensure all the Student they are in Safe.
* I had Excellent co-workers they are very friendly and term player.
* Hardest part of job – more... some students they are very bad and nu-respect for others,pay-attention and taking action for Safety for others Student.
* I like i was doing so many thing in same time and make the People feeling Safe and free, protecting lives and property. – less
life at Glenmont
Security Guard Intern (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYMarch 22, 2014
It was a good experience working at Glenmont job corps for an Internship.
Fun workplace and room for improvement
Food Service Trainee (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: eat your own cooked meal
Cons: can not eat in the kitchen
Love to come in to work and learn and be a part of new experiences that always happen in the kitchen.
Most staff and students are easy to get along with
Safety and Security Coordinator (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYDecember 15, 2013
not a bad place to work. Through DOL so very strict when it comes to hours. Most staff are outgoing. Dealing with a lot of troubled students coming from bad backgorunds. Most are easy going.
Fun Workplace in the kitchen.
Food Service Intern (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Busy Day, Learn basic food handling, Interpersonal Skills, Hardest part of the job work be rush hour and the most enjoyable part of the job is serving
productive and strict work place
Security Guard (practicum) (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health insurance
A typical day at work is learning and working hard. I have learned work place values. There is no hardest part of the job its all about working at your maximum best. The most enjoyable is working is the field of work I prefer.
Most dysfunctional place EVER
Counselor (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYJune 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else - lousy pay for the work.
The turn over here is outrageous. The left hand has no idea what the right is doing and the HR dept is a joke. They constantly lose funding requiring lay offs. So, if you want a job for an undetermined amount of time in a place that is clueless this is your spot!

Albany pays $40k for the same job they offer $33k for.
It's a very negative environment. Staff are treated as if they have very little value and the student culture suffers from it.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYApril 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: physical and mental health are severely compromised.
I will say the biggest thing I have learned from working there is what NOT to do. I hope that I will never end up like them. On a positive note, the health and other benefits are competitive.
For-profit organization seeks non-profit workers
Social Worker (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYApril 3, 2013
Pros: the population served is diverse, challenging and stimulating.
Cons: the administration served is the opposite of all that!
The population that resides there is a great population to work with. The administration is poorly run and operates individually as separate departments rather than unified as an administrative community. This is a for-profit administration and it is vastly different than a non-profit social organization. This conflicts tremendously with the basic foundation – more... of training for social workers and counselors. – less
recreation center on job corps center
Security Guard (practicum) (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYMarch 26, 2013
At a typical day at work, I would sign in and out employees working at the center, keep on a steady working paste,making sure to keep the area secured at all times. I learned how to react to dangerous, also working management skills, and learn how to use my observation skills at all times. I was able work with my co workers professionally and socially – more... with good communication. To be honest there wasn't a hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable part of my job was having great communication with my co workers to get the job done. – less
Blah
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYJanuary 10, 2013
If you go there and do what you have to do and stay out of trouble you'll be fine. The overall experience really wasn't, however when it came to my personal business I really like it to be accurate and on time. I think in that field and providing that type of service to me that is where the many staff at Glenmont Job Corps failed. But that is my own – more... personal experience. – less
It was a good learning enviroment
Security Guard Intern (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good working enviroment
Logged people in and out as they come to & from the campus, search all bags and vehicles going to and from the campus, secure the hallways during the school day, search for fire and safety hazards.
fun exciting positive people to work with
Facility Maintenance Intern (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunches
Cons: short breaks
working there is nice fun and would never bored on the job. can be a hustle from time to time like any other job