Position description: Position has been created for the support of ongoing manufacturing test equipment development, both manual and automated, for power supply and related peripheral products. Position involves the design and development of both hardware and software elements of production test fixtures.
- Interfacing with project engineers, engineering management, and production management to develop test requirement specifications for new and existing products.
- Conceptualizing test fixture plans to meet test requirements specification, and following through with full hardware and software development of that plan
- Conducting and documenting qualification testing of fixture designs to assure they consistently meet test specifications
- Documenting and releasing fixture designs and test procedures to production for use and reproduction
- Troubleshooting technical issues that come up during production testing of products to identify root cause and corrective improvements
Required Qualification / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of automated manufacturing test development experience for electronic products
- Proficiency with all common electronics laboratory equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power analyzer, data acquisition modules, etc.)
- Very strong organizational and writing skills to draft concise and effective test procedures for manufacturing personnel to follow
- Extensive development experience using Labview for hardware integration/automation and test data generation
- Very limited travel may be required.
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
* Design and/or test experience with power supplies, battery chargers, ferro-resonant transformers, or batteries
* Design and/or test experience with coaxial RF communication products
* Proficiency in C/C++ programming
* Exposure and familiarity with MRP/ERP system (optimally SAP)
* Familiarity with high volume electronics production test methods (ICT, MDA, bed of nails physical interfaces, high reliability fixture interfaces (VPI, Hypertronics, etc.)