Glens Falls Hospital

Glens Falls Hospital Employer Reviews

needs new management
Mechanic II (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
most enjoyable part of the job was the team of coworkers I worked with.hardest part of the job was having the responsibility of the entire building on the wk end 12 hr shifts.i felt I did not have enough time to do a proper repair do to the volume of calls I was handleing.managment needs to be more aware of how there people are being managed,get out – more... of there office and see whats happing in the field .they try to manage from there desks.overall good place to work just needs management overall. – less
Awesome Organization
Revenue Cycle Consultant (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 15, 2014
I enjoyed the experience and the opportunity to learn different aspects of the billing process.
Teamwork is top priority
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 15, 2014
Though the atmosphere at Glens Falls Hospital has been turbulent these last three years due to financial problems, the attitude on the floor is still a positive one. Teamwork is top priority when delivering patient care. Despite the uneasiness experienced by many staff memebers, it has never carried over in the patient care areas and we have had countless – more... patients relay this to us. – less
not a great place to work,
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 8, 2014
Nice coworkers for the most part, could use more team work. The hospital has cut back on employees with lay-offs which has reduced the quality of patient care and the current employees get easily stressed out by the amount of work put on their plate on a day to day basis.
High stress work area
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 5, 2014
500-900 calls to answer per shift per person

If short staffed, not able to take breaks, including lunch, grab a bite in between calls
Great med surg staff!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 1, 2014
Great collaboration amongst coworkers, patient load is heavy at times but hat comes with any med surg floor.
Terrible staffing for patients in need
Tech II (Current Employee), Glens FallsApril 5, 2014
Pros: different medical encounters, good food, decent pay, benefits are ok
Cons: no team atmosphere, not enough staff, often work ot...
Consistently there are multiple call offs per shift and a very high turnover ratio. This leaves a great deal of stress in techs and nurses who do bother to come to work. Our patients are the ones who are short changed as we just don't have much time to give them. Don't bank on getting lunch, a break, or even a chance to use the restroom. Get a foley – more... and a protein bar! – less
Toxic Environment
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee), Glens FallsApril 3, 2014
Pros: paitents
Cons: toxic environment/poor management
Poor management. Leadership do not appreciate the staff. The nurse patient ratio was terrible at times. My coworkers were great until they were let go.
Productive, fun workplace
Registered Nurse Telemetry/Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Well organized company. Allows one to meet patients from various backgrounds.
very close knit working family
Staff Nurse in ICU (Former Employee), Glens Falls NYJanuary 31, 2014
worked in icu that took medical and surgical pt's very fast paced and very good nurses to mentor with when doing new things.I liked the interventional radiology that was done right in the pt's rooms. Co-workers were some of the hardest working nurses I have ever had the pleasure to work alongside. Hardest part of the job was organ procurement. Most – more... enjoyable was being around my hometown – less
unstable enviroment
REGISTARED NURSE (Current Employee), main campusJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers help.
Cons: no advancement. current atmosphere has changed drasticlly. no faith in upper management
atmosphere was great. Current changes in management has left staff with little faith of change for better. staff fearful for job security.
Leadership
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYDecember 26, 2013
I hold a leadership position at the hospital, the hospital is in the process of achieve magnet nursing status.
Recent events have created a toxic work environment
ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYNovember 2, 2013
It was a great place to work.... once. I value my coworkers. Management is out of touch with employees and patient care needs.
loved working at the hospital
Nurse's Aid and Secretary (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: loved working with community
Cons: became a lpn and hospital wasn't hiring
I worked as an aide and got vitals and bathed and toileting the patient if needed. I also answered phones and work with the medical records
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYSeptember 7, 2013
Review accounts for denied payment or underpayment. Call insurance company to resolve issues with payments.
Straight foward and easy.
ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH MONITOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), T6August 30, 2013
Pros: comfortable working realtionship with co-workers.
Cons: pay
A typical day for me consists of coming into work and determining the rate and rhythm for all patients currently on the floor. Throughout the rest of the day I monitor theses patients for any significant changes and alert the proper personnel. I also had out and troubleshoot any minor issues that have to do with the telemetry equipment.
I have learned – more... how to read cardiac rhythm strips and the protocols that surround significant hospital events. The management is in general lacking. I have never even meet my direct supervisor and almost all performance reviews are either late or not completed at all. The hospital is struggling right now with the impending implementation of the new health care laws. There has also been a recent CEO change so there is all of the requisite proceedings that come along with that.
My co-workers are mostly nurses and without them the hospital would not be able to run. I find that most are helpful and competent. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay busy I regularly finish all of my work early and in general am not challenged by executing my duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes with being in the health care field. The simple knowledge that by being at your job you have helped someone start on their rode of recovery and wellness. – less
Hard workers and a fun place to be employed.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJuly 25, 2013
My co-workers were the best part of the workday. the management were cool also! I learned that preparing meals for patients wasn't the only thing...we had to take care of the café food also. Very busy atmosphere.
general nursing
RN,OCN (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJuly 24, 2013
Pros: pay, co-workers
Cons: hours, shift work, staffing issues
High stress ,fast paced hospital.Learned to do IV's,chemothearpy,BLS,ACLS,how to work with difficult co-workers,hardest part was not being able to leave work at work-it carried through to life. shift work,weekends,holidays missed with family.Most enjoyed seing people get better and go home.
Multi faceted hospital offering many terrific services to the community
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee), Glens Falls NYJuly 12, 2013
I have had the pleasure and honor to be employed for thirty five years at this terrific hospital. The work community is like a family - everyone pulls together and supports each other.
I currently manage 16 switchboard operators and two telecommunications technicians that support over 25 off site locations.
Community Pride
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 11, 2013
Pros: pride and teamwork, benefits, location, and reputation
Cons: not always provided with the necessities to fulfill my job duties, lack of supervisory mgmt to keep the floor in check.
I grew up in Glens Falls, NY and was proud to work for Glens Falls Hospital where I was born, as well as my family, my family has been cared for and friends and relatives have all benefitted. It prides me as well to work with such a large number of people all working for the sole purpose of one thing: the patient's care.