Glens Falls Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital Lifestyle
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYApril 3, 2017
This is a nice job to work in when younger as well if you are older depending on degree field and accolades. Very friendly, very sociable, overall nice atmosphere.
Pros
nice people, clean, high demand
Cons
long hours, holidays
Friendly
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 29, 2017
The best thing about the hospital is that you are caring for those in your own community. It is also large enough so you can learn new things, like moving from surgical unit to oncology or in-patient to out-patient. They have good benefits and great equipment with a very good computer system.
Pros
Large staff, always a resourse
Cons
Managment not willing to work with staff
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801February 11, 2017
I was forced out even though I took great care of MHU patients and ER patients , even assisting in saving 2 O/D patients that was dropped off at the door by (friends), there are some great staff but beware there are those that will push you under the next ambulance and walk away , many staff are leaving , turn over is very high
You Have Been Warned
Pros
Cons
bad place to work
Very fast paced work enviroment
Security Guard/ Crisis Intervention Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Probably the most intense, busy hospitals around. There is always plenty of opportunity's to learn new skills. Advancements are always available for those that take advantage of that. Learned to work with local Law Enforcement and Correctional facilities in the care of inmates. Very satisfying career at the end of the day when you have helped a patient or co worker have a safe environment so they may heal and go home to their loved ones.
Pros
Discount at the cafeteria
Cons
Not much time for breaks
Great work, dedicated patient centered care in BHOC
Behavioral Health Emergency Care Clinician (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 3, 2017
I have very much enjoyed my work as a therapist at the outpatient clinic although I could have felt more connected/supported by the institution as a whole.
awful place to work
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801January 18, 2017
awful place to work they treat staff in a horrible manor and they don't care what happens the pay is terrible and the environment is nothing but drama wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
professional atmosphere with room for growth
ECC PCA2 (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Glens Falls Hospital Emergency Care Center is a fast pace medical facility with ample room for growth and development. Working there over 9 years, and learning different aspects of the health care field, taught me a lot about the commitment of the people working there. Working with the public always has its pros and cons, every situation is different and takes a lot of quick thinking and adapting to the environment. The team effort by all involved in direct patient care is what sets this emergency department apart from others.
Busy day at work
Central Sterile Processing Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Typically there is a schedule that is already made a week before you come into work and you are assigned at certain places through our department. You would do your job until you were done at certain areas then move on to a job that is the go to job when there is nothing else to be done or not a lot of people around to help with cleaning tools and putting instruments together for the surgeries. I learned many different ways on how to do this particular job which was called Central Sterile Processing where after surgeries were done all the instruments from the cases were brought down or we went to the OR floor in the dirty rooms and brought them down ourselves and cleaned and processed them and sterilized them in an Autoclave which was steam based. Between Saratoga Hospital and Glens Falls Hospital there were ways on how to clean certain tools or just simply checking them to make sure they were working properly. I enjoy most of the co-workers and management type based like supervisors. There were times where you are with these people more than you are your own family so we got to be a close family that not on each other's nerves from time to time being together consistently. The hardest part of the job was just learning new ways as to what I was used to at Saratoga Hospital. I enjoyed every aspect of my job especially cleaning scopes such as radiation oncology or ECC scopes.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Hours sometimes
Need better administration
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 15, 2016
Glens Falls Hospital needs to take care of their employees in a better way. Need better management and administration as they are over looking the welfare of their employees.
Pros
A lot of over-time available
Cons
No breaks, only allowed if there's enough staff availabe & no work
It could be much better
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 2, 2016
When I first started working at the hospital, I loved it. Everyone was so caring. A few years pass, and so does the management. Getting rid of the ones who care the most just to stop them from barking the loudest, isn't any way to run any kind of business. Glens Falls Hospital was at one time, something great, but I'm not so sure now.
hectic work place
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work consist of transporting patients and helping set up the O.R suits for that day surgery. I learned how to handle being under pressure in emergency situations, I learned what it was like to actually make a difference and work as a team to make the work environment a more positive work place.
Cons
the management was poorly setup
I give Glens Falls Hospital a postive review
Supply tech mangement (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoy going to work everyday. My co workers are great people to work with. A typical day can be hectic at times but we all work well together and get the work done. My management is great he works with his employees.
from start to finish of workday you keep busy which makes the day fly by
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 24, 2016
optimistic atmophere,people always happy to persue the days tasks
appreciative that working in healyhcare facility you do have great benefits.Co-workers always willimg to work as a team with friendly attitudes!
Pros
nutrition department had free coffee, fountain beverages!
Cons
sometimes short breaks
Thw jobs it self was fun but the managment sucks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 17, 2016
I was in housekeeping I loved my job until this new management came and took over. The management has no respect for any person who works for them. They are a whole bunch of jerks and over works you and they don't care if your sick they still want you to work. This is the worst managment ever and they watch you take your breaks. They have no trust for there employees. If you call of be prepared cause they will call you back and be like come in....
Pros
Good vacation if your full time. 401k plan and health insurance
Cons
Management, cant call off they call u in.
Toxic culture clueless senior leadership
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJune 17, 2016
The environment at GFH has been the same for many years,patient care is not a priority money is! Departments are chronically overworked and understaffed, the term "Mass Exodus" seems to fit the current state for many employees. Housekeeping,Bio med, are only the beginning of departments being outsourced, this seems to be Senior Managements answer to their financial problems.Leadership throughout the organization is lackluster,and devoid of any connection to the staff,you can literally walk past anyone of them without so much as a smile let alone a kind word. Loyalty is a foreign concept to most of Senior Leadership,speak out or disagree with the constant changing atmosphere and your gone! Staff is hardworking and dedicated to providing great patient care; however the good employees get burnt out and the bad employees get rewarded for tattle tailing on others.This culture promotes conflict between employees not team work. Too many people are deceptive,including HR. back stabbing is done daily,integrity is an unknown commodity. It is sad that this Hospital has alienated so many good people in our community.......go to Saratoga I will !!!!
Pros
good co workers
Cons
leadership
Sleep Therapist/RPSGT
RPSGT (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJune 13, 2016
Difficult day position as many varied responsibilities and the work load increased by 20 percent or more over the last year with no added help.
Medical Director is not active with staff members.
Pros
Patients were a positive and their thanks for being involved in their care.
Cons
No paid CEC. Management problems. Department not recognized.
General Manager, Au Bon Pain (Current Employee) –  Au Bon PainMay 30, 2016
Worked for Au Bon Pain in the Hospital, General Manager, great bakery and sandwiches. Open 24/7 Nice atmosphere to work in
Good care, too much internal politics
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 21, 2016
GFH is so reliant on internal politics. If you were not bon there, you probably won;t last. Howevrer, the care was excellent and the director level people did get along very well.
Employer is Fading Fast
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 9, 2016
Help cannot be retained in any department and no one cares. Lets say I feel bad for patients and leave it at that. Everyone is extremely overworked due to a constant shortage of people.

Management doesn't acknowledge employees. It takes six months to a year to hire one person say nothing about train them. They do away with more benefits years after year.

They took away Reserve Time (and never reimbursed the majority of us), RT time was used for hospital bills and prescriptions,...etc We also used to get a fifty percent discount. Now we are being told we are 75 hour a pay period employees which isn't anything I ever agreed to. I agreed to being paid full times hours which were defined as 80 hours a pay period when I started. If you miss a day or have vacation you get paid for 7.5 hours if your lucky. I'm trying to figure out how I take a break on a day I'm not there? These are just some of the additional ways they are slowly destroying employee benefits.

Policies are only enforced on a person to person basis. I had Some real "concerns" regarding the Job I did which I expressed to more than one manager. Of course, I received no response to anything (As Always) I can't elaborate on that but be advised this job and others there involves work in MANY "Gray Areas" that never seem to get any clearer. You definitely work in "fear" of losing your job.

Management should inquire as to why EVERY SINGLE DEPARTMENT has a mass exodus. I think they even quit doing Exit Interviews. The last five people I know that have left in various departments haven't even had their resignation
  more... acknowledged. No one asked any of them why they left nor do they even care. The real issue is consistent through the yearly surveys. Every Single year It is management.

Then they hired a management company for a couple departments and they are worse than the original managers as they just rehire the same people that work for the new company. It is really a disaster management wise and the turnover rate is unbelievable. It is really too bad they have so much potential and some really good people who are being overwhelmed. Management need to start hiring based on qualifications not by who is related or knows who.

This problem has Plagued GFH for years and will probably never change. Favoritism is rampant. Either your in the "click" or your not. Qualifications are rarely considered if at all.

I am not going to elaborate any further.
Pros
I miss the people I worked with directly
Cons
See Description
understaffed
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 4, 2016
understaffed would have to be my only complaint about working for glens falls hospital, but other than its an overall good place to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glens Falls Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9