Glenwood Regional Medical Center

Glenwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very pleasant work atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Very nice co-workers
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Co-workers are very nice and overall, it is a very pleasant place to work. The only downfall is the long 12 hour shifts. Management seems to care a lot about their employees.
great place to work with learning availability
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Always learning opportunities to learn something new
Cons: lunch breaks too short, sometimes work overload last minute notice
I enjoy working at Glenwood. I have learned a lot since I started. always a place to learn new things and advance your work knowledge.
The work load at times is heavy but you can always ask for help if you need it, someone is always there to help.
My co-workers are great, with the exception of those that try to do the least as possible, which are at every work place.
Overall I love my job and my co-workers, not to mention my manager,treats everyone with the same kind of respect and treats everyone the same..no favorites. Has a great personality and not only a great manager but a great friend as well.
Pharmacy department is a very good atmosphere with great people to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), West Monroe, LANovember 30, 2014
Pros: great management and great co-workers
Cons: short lunches, can be hectic at times, and system needs updating
The managers and co-workers at Glenwood pharmacy are excellent and the compensation for pharmacy technicians seems to be better than most other pharmacy technician jobs.
decent pay, benefits after 90 days
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), West Monroe, LANovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, flexibility
Cons: too far from home
decent pay, benefits, didnt like being put in charge of a whole med surg unit without proper training
nice place to work
Radiology Receptionist/ER Tech/Endo Tech (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJune 1, 2014
Pros: excellent over time
Cons: opportunity
workes for 4 years or so with this company started out as a volunteer and worked til i left.
very busy
Insurance Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 10, 2014
My typical day included helping patient, and gaining knowledge about healthcare. I enjoyed working with my co-workers we worked as a team
First job as an adult started my career in EMS
Monitor Tech/ER Tech/AHA Insturctor for CPR (Former Employee), West Monroe, LaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low salary as an entry level employee.
The time I spent working at Glenwood gave me my start in my career of the last twenty years. I began working there soon after high school and while in college and EMT school. I had several roles there over my three years there. I began as a Cardiac Monitor Technician. In this job I monitored cardiac activity for patients in monitored cardiac beds. The second role I had at Glenwood was an ER tech. I assisted in patient care with nurses and doctors from drawing blood and starting IV's to setting up sutures and sterile fields for the ER doctor. I also began teaching AHA courses while I was working at Glenwood. I learned so much working there that I couldn't possibly list it all. It truly was my first "adult job".
Stay very busy!
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: hours flexed
Hours are being flexed, not to keen on the administrative staff, very hard to order parts for repairs. I love the medical repair field, been in it for 18yrs, my co-worker and I get along well, we work well together.
Very fast-paced & heavy pt turn-over; heavy workload
RN Charge nurse/Staff nurse (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMay 21, 2013
Pros: direct 'hands-on' patient care, interaction with patients & doctors
Cons: some nurses did not work well as a team; staffing / administration / management
Extremely fast-paced, extremely hard, yet rewarding, work. Frequent, heavy pt turnover (admissions / discharges) in a very short period of time. For the past few years, the Charge Nurse has to take a full load of 5 patients, and is still responsible for the whole floor.
great enviorment
clinicals (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 22, 2013
i love working with the coworkers. i learned and observed alot of the past month . i love working in the medical field.
It was a productive and fun workplace.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 8, 2012
I took blood specimens to be tested for certain bacteria and viruses.
Nice employees but not so nice Administration
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMay 21, 2012
Loved all my co-workers but over the past 10 years my job as a nurse went from one I love to one I loathe. Strictly due to the current administration's constant budget cutting, and under staffing.

Glenwood Regional Medical Center Salaries