Glenwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great experience during short period of employment at this organization.
Registered Nurse Telemetry (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2017
My time working at Glenwood was very short, however was very enjoyable and professionally a great experience for me. The group I worked with were fun and professional. I am sorry my time working there was only for a short time during transition.
Tight-knit community of workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 11, 2017
Hospital needs more experienced employees, and to work on employee retention. There is always someone you can call for help. Amazing interdisciplinary team work! Great compensation.
12 hour shifts
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LADecember 4, 2016
med surg nights in a 30 bed unit, the unit manager was great to work for and clean well kept unit. I would recommend this unit, downside floating to other floors
Failed management
RN New Grad Residency (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 14, 2017
This hospital has a long run history of unable to keep its RNs. Failed management, intense racism culture within coworkers.
Stressful but rewarding
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LADecember 10, 2015
The only thing I disagreed about was the way things were ran when I was there. I had no authority or position so I couldn't say anything and if I did would've lost my job.
Other than that I loved that it was constant and never boring. It didnt provide enough time to think , have breaks etc but was very rewarding in knowing you were helping.
Pros
helping others, fast paced
Cons
the way the managers ran the shifts.
Not a bad place to work!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work means seeing a lot of patients and doing plenty of computer work. Management for the department I work in are awesome! My co-workers are so incredibly welcoming that I consider them family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients that do not want to cooperate with you and nurses that don't want to help you! The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with.
Production and Employee repoire
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 26, 2015
Glenwood was a very pleasant atmosphere with which to work. In this job I learned customer service skills and customer interaction relations. This has overall helped me to be more diplomatic in potential customer crisis situations.
Pros
Nice courteous respectful atmosphere
Cons
Needed more pay to take care of family
great place to work with learning availability
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 29, 2015
I enjoy working at Glenwood. I have learned a lot since I started. always a place to learn new things and advance your work knowledge.
The work load at times is heavy but you can always ask for help if you need it, someone is always there to help.
My co-workers are great, with the exception of those that try to do the least as possible, which are at every work place.
Overall I love my job and my co-workers, not to mention my manager,treats everyone with the same kind of respect and treats everyone the same..no favorites. Has a great personality and not only a great manager but a great friend as well.
Pros
Always learning opportunities to learn something new
Cons
lunch breaks too short, sometimes work overload last minute notice
Very fast-paced & heavy pt turn-over; heavy workload
RN Charge nurse/Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 21, 2013
Extremely fast-paced, extremely hard, yet rewarding, work. Frequent, heavy pt turnover (admissions / discharges) in a very short period of time. For the past few years, the Charge Nurse has to take a full load of 5 patients, and is still responsible for the whole floor.
Pros
Direct 'hands-on' patient care, interaction with patients & doctors
Cons
Some nurses did not work well as a team; staffing / administration / management
First job as an adult started my career in EMS
Monitor Tech/ER Tech/AHA Insturctor for CPR (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LaJanuary 24, 2014
The time I spent working at Glenwood gave me my start in my career of the last twenty years. I began working there soon after high school and while in college and EMT school. I had several roles there over my three years there. I began as a Cardiac Monitor Technician. In this job I monitored cardiac activity for patients in monitored cardiac beds. The second role I had at Glenwood was an ER tech. I assisted in patient care with nurses and doctors from drawing blood and starting IV's to setting up sutures and sterile fields for the ER doctor. I also began teaching AHA courses while I was working at Glenwood. I learned so much working there that I couldn't possibly list it all. It truly was my first "adult job".
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salary as an entry level employee.
Pharmacy department is a very good atmosphere with great people to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 30, 2014
The managers and co-workers at Glenwood pharmacy are excellent and the compensation for pharmacy technicians seems to be better than most other pharmacy technician jobs.
Pros
great management and great co-workers
Cons
short lunches, can be hectic at times, and system needs updating
Great people, interesting work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 2, 2015
I loved working there. It was never boring and the workload was diverse. Most people became your extended family. Would go back to work for them anytime.
Cons
some of the management were very hung up on micromanaging. Most of them are gone or retired now.
Stay very busy!
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2013
Hours are being flexed, not to keen on the administrative staff, very hard to order parts for repairs. I love the medical repair field, been in it for 18yrs, my co-worker and I get along well, we work well together.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
hours flexed
Very pleasant work atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 13, 2015
Co-workers are very nice and overall, it is a very pleasant place to work. The only downfall is the long 12 hour shifts. Management seems to care a lot about their employees.
Pros
Very nice co-workers
Cons
12 hour shifts
Nice employees but not so nice Administration
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 21, 2012
Loved all my co-workers but over the past 10 years my job as a nurse went from one I love to one I loathe. Strictly due to the current administration's constant budget cutting, and under staffing.
decent pay, benefits after 90 days
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 6, 2014
decent pay, benefits, didnt like being put in charge of a whole med surg unit without proper training
Pros
pay, benefits, flexibility
Cons
too far from home
nice place to work
Radiology Receptionist/ER Tech/Endo Tech (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 1, 2014
workes for 4 years or so with this company started out as a volunteer and worked til i left.
Pros
excellent over time
Cons
opportunity
very busy
Insurance Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 10, 2014
My typical day included helping patient, and gaining knowledge about healthcare. I enjoyed working with my co-workers we worked as a team
great enviorment
clinicals (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 22, 2013
i love working with the coworkers. i learned and observed alot of the past month . i love working in the medical field.
It was a productive and fun workplace.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
I took blood specimens to be tested for certain bacteria and viruses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glenwood Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Glenwood Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location