Glenwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoy working
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 4, 2018
It what you make out of your job go in do your job and go home
that make your job betterg keep a smile on your face need better pay
and better insurance also great communication and will stand behind their employees.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
great braks good lunch times
fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
in a typical i had a fun loving jobs i learned a lot of new things i didnt know the management there was totally awesome and the workplace was very freindly the hardest part of my job was not wanting to leave work and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my coworkers better and working hard each and everyday to make a better living for me and my family
Pros
overtime
Cons
paid vacation
Good place to work. Can be stressful at times.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 20, 2017
Good place to work. Can be stressful at times. Medical Technologist. Working in the lab at all times. Short staffed most times, but we make it work. Just as any job, be prepared to work.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Short Staffed
Fast-paced and challenging place to work
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 2, 2017
I learned to prioritize and excelled at time management due to the demands of scheduling patient procedures and organizing tasks based on critical care criteria. The challenge of working in a critical care environment allowed to become creative in problem-solving and learn to prepare and organize secretarial procedures so they benefited the doctors and nursing staff.
Pros
A steady schedule
Cons
Little to no chance of advancement
Lack of promotion and advancements
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 18, 2017
Various management changes, fickle healthcare business which affects employee pay and raises. Promotions given and jobs created without knowledge of all employees for fair consideration
Career Oriented
MEDICAL INSURANCE COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 4, 2017
The position that I held consisted of helping answer the phones; calling insurance companies to make sure that the claims have been received and payment issued.
Pros
management worked with employees when emergcies occured
Cons
very low pay rate
I have enjoyed working with the staff and meeting and treating patients.
COTA (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 9, 2017
Over the past couple of years showers have become the duty of the OT department rather than the CNA's. I disagree with this change, I feel the same result can be reached by collaborating w/CNA's about assistance needed. Too much therapy time is lost in the shower.
Pros
Good atmosphere and good compensation.
Cons
I didn't go to school to give showers to people, I feel that is a CNA's job.
great people awful place to work
admissions clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 1, 2017
I really have nothing good to say about glenwood. they do not care about their employees. all they care about is money and intake. like pulling teeth just to get a raise no matter how much you do!
Pros
flexible
Cons
work u like a slave for little pay not much room for moving up
Great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Problems with scheduling on my behave were what lead to me leaving the company. Overall a great company and definitely would recommend to anyone seeking housekeeping employment.
Staff needed
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 17, 2017
This place needs more full time employees. There are not enough nurses or aides. They pay aides that have just graduated 8/hr but pay nurse techs 10/hr. If you want to work like a slave this is the place to be.
Pros
good food in the caf at times
Cons
little pay for hard work

Want to know more about Glenwood Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Was a great place supervisor was awesome its was very positive and family like when u worked there
Linen Tech (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 30, 2017
It was a straight to work from time punch til end punch but the people including the supervisor made it a great time and hard work easier by just everyone working together as an team
employees were outstanding
cerner Tech support (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 23, 2017
Very Good experience. Hoping to get to work more in facility , I am a certified medical coder and would love the opportunity to get my foot in the door and work more with the employees.
Fun workplace
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 17, 2017
A typical day was pulling supplies for cases, setting up the or suite, setting up the case for the procedure, draping the patient, and assisting the doctor during and after the procedure.
Very Active
Lead Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 10, 2017
Originally loved working here, but there was so much needed to be done that management wasnt correcting. Hated to leave but couldnt see myself staying when rules not being enforced.
Great place to work with great co-workers
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LA 71291April 5, 2017
I have worked at Glenwood ICU for over 7 years. The teamwork is great. I started at a new graduate and had a very positive experience with 3 months of precepting prior to independently working. I would highly recommend Glenwood ICU for a place of employment.
Enjoy working with coworkers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 4, 2017
Getting work assignments and report from outgoing shifts. Doing whatever would need to be done as far as answering pages, working the floors, ER. Working at Glenwood was such an important and best decision that I made. Professionally I learned more there in the 4 years that I was there than in all of the years prior working in the field of Respiratory. I had some of the best mentors in all of North LA. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the large workload. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with the some of the best Therapists.
Pros
Work/learning experience
Cons
Getting used to learning to work with all the different personalities
Tight-knit community of workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 11, 2017
Hospital needs more experienced employees, and to work on employee retention. There is always someone you can call for help. Amazing interdisciplinary team work! Great compensation.
Fast paced, but fun
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 12, 2017
I loved my job here. The work was great and even though it was a fast paced environment, it was fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. However, the hardest part of the job was the hours. I worked 7am-7pm on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays so I missed out on a lot of family events.
Pros
Great people, Great environment
Failed management
RN New Grad Residency (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 14, 2017
This hospital has a long run history of unable to keep its RNs. Failed management, intense racism culture within coworkers.
Great experience during short period of employment at this organization.
Registered Nurse Telemetry (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2017
My time working at Glenwood was very short, however was very enjoyable and professionally a great experience for me. The group I worked with were fun and professional. I am sorry my time working there was only for a short time during transition.