Global Aviation Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work for the "Yes Man" mechanic
Ground Support Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 18, 2017
If you're looking for a company that you can move up in, keep looking. Their managers are so dug into their ways, there is no room for you up there. As far as a mechanic's dream is concerned, you got it here. You find something wrong, 9/10 time you fix it no questions asked and you move on to the next one. No waiting for customers approval, you just work, but you better make sure you just work. They do not want to hear your ideas, your suggestions, your plans. If it isn't what they told you to do... don't go out of your way to assume it needs to be done. As long as you can go to work, do your job and go home, it's the easiest money you'll ever make
Pros
all the wrench turning your heart could ever desire
Cons
no room for advancement
everyone willing to work together and get the job done
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
Been with the company going on 9 years. If you are willing to work hard and you know what you are doing it is a great place to work. Upper management is quick to respond back. The mechanics in place at this time are hard working and willing to work on days off if needed they are always there when you need them, good team in place at this time. From my past experience in reading the reviews I would take a guess the mechanics that wrote negative reviews were not real mechanics and did not have the skill level needed. The company offers to pay for your ASE tests & education reimbursement and if I had to guess the mechanics that wrote the negative reviews did not bother to take the company up on that offer because most likely they could not pass the tests.
Pros
When you need time off as long as everything is under control there is never an issue
Cons
Finding real technicians that can dianose problems, keeping good technicians which is getting better they increased wages
Run away from this company.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 12, 2017
The job description is nothing like the real job. Poor training for the job. Trainer was more concerned about her cigarette breaks than training, not always available for questions. No feed back on how well you are doing at the job. Just call you into the office at the end of the day and say your not a good fit for the job and you have no idea why. Only employed for 15 days and then let go. Nice co-workers. Good hours.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Job description does not fit the real job and poor training.
Wonderful shop supervisor
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2017
I liked working there. Good people and great environment. Everybody was very friendly and nice, and also very supportive. It was a good job to have.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Part time, so no benefits
This was a very busy work place. Up bet and fun environment.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11434May 5, 2017
I've gain a lot of experience that moved my career along very well. but the management team could work with the tech's a lot better then what has been show in the past.
Pros
free lunch
Lots of room for advancement
GSE maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Regional staff is very responsive in the Ground support equipment field. When there are issues and problems that need to be solved. I am a current employ and I simply love what I do.
Pros
Flight benifits, flexible schedule, great pay
Cons
Miserable coworkers
Job has no room for growth.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 21, 2016
I cant say anything good. this was a good job at the start, but they let go employees/ managers way too fast and for small reasons.
Nice place to work
Aviation Maintenance Technician/Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2016
This job is another side to learning more and adding to your expereince as a technician. Had more opportunity to work with different kinds of equipment.
Pros
Freedom to work at a reasonable pace
Cons
Job does not pay much
Transistion of Accounts Payable dept
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 18, 2016
Processing high volume of invoices daily into Quickbooks. Hired to transition the company’s accounting department from Kansas to Minnesota.
Great company...manager is no good
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2016
Worked for the company for a year...was told that if all the other mechanics like me I would be fine...pay wasn't all that great and the overtime was givin to favorites. .manager turned out to be dictator with everything. .. but the company values there employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Worst manager to have

Want to know more about Global Aviation Services?

Ask a question
Very Productive, fun, and stressful
Administrative Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  los angeles international airportOctober 16, 2015
A typical day at work for me consists of checking emails, completing work orders, mailing off packages, answering heavy in and out-bound phone calls, assisting mechanics with whatever help is needed, adjust payroll, file paperwork, also approve, stamp, and mail off invoices.
Pros
I feel that i am a very important asset to this company, I am the main one in this office holding things together in the office.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say, its cool here.
Nice company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2015
Very nice company to work for: steady work, friendly co-workers. The people are the best part of the job, the work can be a bit tiring but that's all in a day's work I suppose.
Pros
devoted to their employees
Walk the other way
Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 26, 2015
Throughout my employment I have been treated like an outsider by my peers, with 1 exception. Perhaps this was because that I asked a lot of questions and received a lot of lip service and it never sat well with me. I was instructed to learn this business from the people who did all of the damage and in turn train them. In retrospect this made no sense. I was set up for failure from the start.

To discuss a plan with my supervisor a month prior and to have him denigrate me for it in front of my employees was really special. This might have been the highlight of my short career. Of course he didn’t feel the need to tell me up front that this plan was tried before and failed. Perhaps if I knew why it had failed before adjustments could have been made. And my supervisor didn’t think I needed to know any history of the previous failures. To me, it sounds like someone is hiding something. I can tell you this, there are a lot of secrets shared amongst a few. I also find it interesting how miserable the customers were when I arrived. That didn’t happen overnight either. One has to ask, where was the management oversight? Someone got a little unnerved when I asked that question. I was let go the next day.

This company preaches employees first, when the real truth is profits first. I reviewed 3 months of invoices due to a customer concern, and when I brought my findings forth, no one was interested in fixing the problem, only in what can be billed to the customers.

Stay away from this company. Its not worth the grief
Pros
Getting Fired
Cons
Getting Hired
funny
service technician (Former Employee) –  SDFNovember 15, 2014
Work your self to death for next to no compensation, and get fired over an injury. It's no wonder there is a high turnover rate of employees. As the only, and likely the first ASE Certified Technician to become a part of Louisville's Global Aviation Service's team. I am appalled by the way they would treat a hard working albeit underplayed employee.
Pros
Supervisor shows up late.
Cons
Could go on for days.
Best benefits I ever had and a friendly, ethical place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  MSPJune 27, 2014
While the pay is mid-range the benefits are amazing. I have never paid so little for medical and dental in 30 years. The employees are fun, honest and dedicated. The upper management has an open door policy and is there when you need them. Anyone that trashes this company probably didn't do their job and has sour grapes. Too bad people only take time to write reviews when they are lousy employees.
A Great Place to Work
Shop Supervisor MKE (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2014
I have worked for Gloabl Aviation Services for almost 4 Yrs. Within this Time I have learn alot about the Company. They have Many Great Benifits and Good Insurance. In this Fast Paced Industry we are always looking to be the Best Service Provider for our Customers. Working for Global, I have learned through the Years and Support from Upper Managment, how to Manage a Ground Level shop, and be successful. I enjoy being on the Airfield and working on the Different kinds of Equipment.

To be part of Global, It is a Culture...either YOU are or you are NOT, I found, I am!

Great Company!!!
Pros
many resources throughout the Company
Cons
working in Below 0, but It needs to be fixed
Challenging and fulfilling place to work
Director of MAintenance (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 27, 2014
Maintaining this equipment plays a large role in the performance of our customer's operations. The environment is often fast paced but at the end of the day it is nice to be able to sit back and see what we have been able to accomplish and to positively impact the operation around us. The equipment is interesting and neat to work on and really allows us to develop some cool skills as mechanics. Not sure where else you could learn some of this stuff.
Pros
good benefits
Good Company except for immediate supervisor
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2014
First I would like to start off by saying that I enjoyed working for Global Aviation Services, but did not enjoy working for the supervisor. My only complaints that I have as far as the company is a lack of shop equipment to perform daily task. The pay is what it is and employees will always complain whether making $16 or $30 an hour. I cannot comment in regards of upper management because have had very little interaction with them, however I can state that this job is the only place I know where you can have a working supervisor that can not show up to work, be habitually late, and sit in the office the majority of the day and still have a job. The supervisor will belittle you to other employees and second guess your work.

What I learned from my tenure at Global is to always look at the reviews before taking a job, whether it is only 5 or 200 reviews.
Pros
Working on GSE
Cons
Supervisor, inadequate shop equipment
Don't waste your time, keep looking....
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2014
STAY AWAY!!!!! Bad management, contract work, poor communication, low wages, horrible benefits
Pros
Being at the airport
Cons
Poor management, short term contract work, poor benefits, bunch of liars, very low pay, no job stability
This company sucks
GSE Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Don't waste your time with this low paying and unorganized company. The management here is non existent, no support whatsoever from the national manager, no shop tools, no pay raises, just an overall bad company
Pros
Cons
Low wages, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Aviation Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6