Global Aviation Services

Global Aviation Services Employee Reviews

funny
service technician (Former Employee), SDFNovember 15, 2014
Pros: supervisor shows up late.
Cons: could go on for days.
Work your self to death for next to no compensation, and get fired over an injury. It's no wonder there is a high turnover rate of employees. As the only, and likely the first ASE Certified Technician to become a part of Louisville's Global Aviation Service's team. I am appalled by the way they would treat a hard working albeit underplayed employee.
Best benefits I ever had and a friendly, ethical place to work
Clerk (Current Employee), MSPJune 27, 2014
While the pay is mid-range the benefits are amazing. I have never paid so little for medical and dental in 30 years. The employees are fun, honest and dedicated. The upper management has an open door policy and is there when you need them. Anyone that trashes this company probably didn't do their job and has sour grapes. Too bad people only take time to write reviews when they are lousy employees.
A Great Place to Work
Shop Supervisor MKE (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2014
Pros: many resources throughout the company
Cons: working in below 0, but it needs to be fixed
I have worked for Gloabl Aviation Services for almost 4 Yrs. Within this Time I have learn alot about the Company. They have Many Great Benifits and Good Insurance. In this Fast Paced Industry we are always looking to be the Best Service Provider for our Customers. Working for Global, I have learned through the Years and Support from Upper Managment, how to Manage a Ground Level shop, and be successful. I enjoy being on the Airfield and working on the Different kinds of Equipment.

To be part of Global, It is a Culture...either YOU are or you are NOT, I found, I am!

Great Company!!!
Challenging and fulfilling place to work
Director of MAintenance (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Maintaining this equipment plays a large role in the performance of our customer's operations. The environment is often fast paced but at the end of the day it is nice to be able to sit back and see what we have been able to accomplish and to positively impact the operation around us. The equipment is interesting and neat to work on and really allows us to develop some cool skills as mechanics. Not sure where else you could learn some of this stuff.
Good Company except for immediate supervisor
Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: working on gse
Cons: supervisor, inadequate shop equipment
First I would like to start off by saying that I enjoyed working for Global Aviation Services, but did not enjoy working for the supervisor. My only complaints that I have as far as the company is a lack of shop equipment to perform daily task. The pay is what it is and employees will always complain whether making $16 or $30 an hour. I cannot comment in regards of upper management because have had very little interaction with them, however I can state that this job is the only place I know where you can have a working supervisor that can not show up to work, be habitually late, and sit in the office the majority of the day and still have a job. The supervisor will belittle you to other employees and second guess your work.

What I learned from my tenure at Global is to always look at the reviews before taking a job, whether it is only 5 or 200 reviews.
Don't waste your time, keep looking....
Mechanic (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: being at the airport
Cons: poor management, short term contract work, poor benefits, bunch of liars, very low pay, no job stability
STAY AWAY!!!!! Bad management, contract work, poor communication, low wages, horrible benefits
This company sucks
GSE Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Cons: low wages, bad management
Don't waste your time with this low paying and unorganized company. The management here is non existent, no support whatsoever from the national manager, no shop tools, no pay raises, just an overall bad company
Good place to work if you don't need much salary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2014
I enjoy working for Global. However, the pay is just too low and I am finding it very difficult to live on this salary.
Horrible place to work, worst company ever
Tech (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 31, 2014
Cons: low raises, bad shop tools, bad upper managment
This company cares nothing about you, You are a number, the supervisor was cool to work with but upper management was the worst I have ever seen, broken equipment and unsafe tools and upper management would not replace them even after they were asked. This is a unsafe place to work and all they are about is the numbers. by far the worst company out there and also very low pay raises. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
Terrible management. Should be illegal how bad this company rips off the customers.
Shop Manager (Former Employee), Anywhere USAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: working on the airfield
Cons: corruption at its core. upper management is terrible.
SHAME ON THIS COMPANY
I worked for Global as a shop manager and loved the type of work as well as the work environment on the airfield. Downside was that company operates with no regard for their employees at all. The pay was terrible and the benefits even worse. Shop condition, tools and equipment were either unsafe or nonexistent. Upper management openly pushed over billing their customers to make the numbers.
Don't waste your time with this company. Doubt they will be around for very long.
Work Load for Daily Shift
Ground Support Mechanic (Former Employee), Olathe, KSDecember 8, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, close proximity to home and great interaction with upper management
Cons: this position was part-time. i would have liked to have been employed full-time.
A typical day at work was to gain insight from overnight aviation personnel on ground support equipment status. I would track and identify the reported problems, find the materials either by searching residual stock, purchasing from a local vendor or direct contact to equipment manufacturer to fix the malfunction on the equipment.

I would also perform monthly, quarterly and yearly preventative maintenance on ground support equipment utilizing the maintenance instructions sent to me by the home office.

As I was hired as the only mechanic for this hub, I worked by myself, but had a direct line of contact with management in the event that problems occurred.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to acquire parts needed from an outsource company on the East Coast. The most enjoyable part of the job was the close proximity to my home, the positive interface that I had with airport personnel, management and vendors.
not worth it
Mechanic (Former Employee), phoenixOctober 2, 2013
worked for them twice the first time was good had a great manager I moved to another location and company was awful supervisor didn't care about anything but a check spent all day doing things for his own business for the couple of hours he was even there
co-workers
GSE Tech (Current Employee), philadelphia, paApril 27, 2013
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: management gm
co workers are the most enjoyable part of the job. The type of on the job training experience is also good about this job
good company, bad management
Lead Ground Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: freedom to make decisions without having to go to a manager
Cons: no benefits whatsoever
i worked for global aviation for one year, during that time i averaged about 55 hours a week, which is a bit over full time. they hired me on as part time and after six months of working there at 55 hours a week, i asked them to please put me on at full time, so i can get some benefits, after all i have a family. they told me that i cant get it. my question was why, i am working way over full time, and making them alot of money. After a year of working for them and passing a difficult audit (with flying colors), i asked them again, they said the same thing. needless to say, i quit working for them soon after that. It was really only one general manager that was blocking me from getting benefits. I acually liked working for the company, but they were not being fair at all, so i made the decision not to be pushed around.