Global Cash Access Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Atmosphere
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grantville PennsylvaniaMarch 8, 2016
Working in the a branch located inside of a casino, a lot of new challenges and having a lot of responsibility gave me wings to work for other career opportunities. Almost every challenge was met and accomplished, never really had any issues with job.
Pros
great pay, great benifits
Cons
Na
Working with the customers.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part was to assist customers and their joy reporting to us their win on slot machines.
Pros
Fun workplace and good team members
Cons
The loss of contract
Nice starting pay.
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
There was a nice starting pay for this job. The training was very flexible for the position, the skills learned can be used at other jobs.
Great Company
Human Resources Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Cared About employees. Employee's were friendly. Management was good. It was enjoyable to go to work each day.
Unable to move up; unable to enjoy outside of work
Financial Services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 26, 2015
When I signed on to this job, it was made clear to me that over time you could move up shifts from Grave (10 pm to 6 am) to early shifts, but this quickly became obvious that it isn't possible. After one year of work here, I haven't moved up any further than my shift--one spot above Grave. I have tried and tried again to see about another shift, but I'm overlooked because Seniors get first bid for the position, which is another qualm: there is no ability to move up in this job. We have 4 Senior Cashier positions, and we have 4 Senior positions. Now that those are filled, we are guaranteed no promotions unless you want to be promoted out of the location we work at. The hours and overnights (as well as our boss's way of scheduling) makes it so that you have no time to enjoy any life outside of work due to your hours or days off (plus the cashiers are called in to work extra shifts first instead of Seniors or Supervisors), so you'll end up working extra more often than the other positions above you.
Depends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 26, 2015
Depending on where you work and what you do, GCA could be a great, or an abysmal company. What I do, cashier work, is not the best position, and the customers make the job much harder than it needs to be. If you work at Corporate in Las Vegas, you will probably find the job much like any other in a large company.

I know none of the higher positions in this company. The highest person in the chain of 'command' I know of is our branch manager.

A typical days requires you to SLOWLY, METICULOUSLY, explain every detail of a transaction to each and every customer, unless they have already been to the booth before. In which case, the transaction goes smoothly. You will usually get yelled at at least once or twice a day.

I have not learned much at this job. It requires you to count. I learned that before I went to school. I have made it far with my life I suppose.

The co-workers are the best part of the job. You can share in your misery of being at the casino and working there.

The hardest part of the job is the customers. They are all terrible people. Maybe 1 out of every 10 will be nice. Usually they are not. They also cannot listen and cannot hear a word you say no matter how many times you tell them something.

The best part of the job, as stated above, are your coworkers normally. Aside from that, watching people get frustrated at machines is pretty funny. Or the benefits. They are quite nice, but they also cut into your paycheck by a large amount.
Pros
Um... You meet new people?
Cons
Short breaks, including lunches, Horrible work environment, Customers do not like you.
Cool Place to Work
Technician, IT Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Lots of great people, and cool technologies in the payments world. Got a lot of the holidays off as well!
Pros
got black friday off!
Cons
didn't seem like much room for advancement in it.
fun workplace
Human Resources Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Conduct New-Hire orientation
FMLA, STD Processing
Workers compensation reporting
Benefits administration, (open enrollment)
Run background checks on prospective candidates
Enter new-hire, changes, termination into HRIS system
Post open position on company web site and monster
Maintain I-9 files up to date (active and terminated employees)
Maintain active and terminated files up to date
Point of contact for present and previous verifications of employment
Assist new employees with new hire paperwork
Ok
Casino Check Cashing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Ok place to work, I enjoyed helping the customers but you have very slow days. Enjoyed being inside a casino though
Busy from time you walked in until the time you left.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Balancing several thousands of dollars on a daily basis.
Scheduling the staff for a 24/7 shifts were all covered.
Co-workers were nice and easy going.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring all shifts were covered.
I loved working with the public.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
having to come in for employees who called in to work
You will hate it here
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 25, 2014
If you're not a single mom who has to raise kids, it will be a nightmare for you
alrady submitted this
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 6, 2014
i believe i already submited a review for this job. my current employer
enjoyed my job here, loved working with my workers
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 18, 2014
overall i enjoy working here, contract with casino is ending. met some very cool people and the patrons would upset me at times but nothing i couldnt handle. i love working here
Pros
5 mins from home, excellent people i work with
Cons
point system and clothing attire needs to be changed
First job after graduated from the college
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMarch 29, 2014
Call center is so noise
Less job security.
Nice co-worker.
Busy work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of job security
Fast paced work environment
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, Az.December 16, 2013
Great company with great benefits. Some days are go,go,go. There are other days where you are standing by waiting for a trouble call to come in. The company is expanding and will be needing many more technicians in the future.
customer service meeting new people all the time
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Casino Mille LacsApril 9, 2013
Counting of tills, have to be nice & friendly no matter the situation.
We went through a lot of Managers every time company was bought out and new one came in. Love my co-workers, still friends with the ones that are left. Putting up with rude customers. Meeting new people all the time.
Pros
pay, medical and fun place to work
Cons
would still be there, second hand smoke caused me to quit
If you're looking to just sit around, this is the job for you!
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  PAApril 4, 2013
This location was very slow. Sometimes I had no customers at all! My co-worker was rude to the customers. Management needed more training.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
short lunch, unorganized
Leader
Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2012
I prided myself on being a good leader and a positive example for the rest of the cashiers to follow.
Busy environment and face paced
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 8, 2012
When I arrive at work I bank in. I have to count all checks, cash and coins. I have to make sure the previous shift balance out. Once confirmed I prepare my deposit and submit it. I then take my window and start running transctions. I usually do an average of 80 transactions per day depending on the day. At the end of my night I bank out to make sure i balanced out.

I learned how to count money, make deposits, and run transctions using debit/credit cards or checks.

Managers were very kind.

I got a long very well with my co works. I still keep in touch with them.

The hardest prt for me was keeping up with all the new policies. Everything changes everyday.

I enjoyed the customers the most.
Pros
meeting new people and health benefits
Cons
rules changing everyday
Global Cash Access (GCA) - Below Average
MIS/IT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2012
It might be a great place to get your foot in the door in the technology and gaming industries, but the low pay grades, high turnover rate, lack of direction from management, and lack of recognition for employees that go above and beyond the call of duty really makes GCA a very difficult place to work if you're looking for a stress-free life.