Global Experience Specialists

Global Experience Specialists Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to work for
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
I worked in the Graphic Arts Department for G.E.S. I found the position enjoyable as well as the team I worked with. I always enjoyed seeing the creativity the company encouraged among it's employees.
Pros
Great Hours
Great Company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 9, 2017
For the most part I love working for GES. It is a great company but the only bad part is the lack of hours. You can be busy for one month and then be completely of the next, all depending on if there are any trades shows.
Acconting Clerk
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2017
This industry was most exciting - convention center. I worked in the Finance building and sent out the invoice for final billing of the conventions.
Fast paced
guest expert specialist (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJDecember 10, 2016
I worked as a cashier for most of my shifts, everything was pretty fast paced, and everyone I worked with were nice people. My manager was mostly rude to employees and customers.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Low pay
There's nothing creative about trade show
Account Manager - Trade Show Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2016
I was lucky to get hired at GES because this was at the end of our economy downfall in Vegas. It was hard to find a good job. The company was very professional and the job felt secure. However,r I quickly learned that there is nothing creative about trade show and there are many elements that can go wrong. Tradeshow is just not my thing.
Fun and friendly atmosphere.
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2016
A very good job, no complaints. Had lots of fun working there. Do recomend to anyone looking for a good job. The pay is very good and can vary depending on position.
Pros
Good pay, good benifits, friendly enviornment.
Traveling Trade Show Coordinator
Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Planning and organizing a trade show from beginning to end
What goes up must come down
Great team with management as well as co-workers
Traveling away from home was the hardest part
Watching the exhibitors smile when the doors opened
Pros
Great fun job and was able to see many cities all over the country
Cons
Again, away from home while children were young
Good place to start...I guess
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
If you are starting a new career this is a place that will look good on your resume. Be warned, training is a joke. It is becoming better according to new people but it is really hit or miss. The office is very much like high school. Gossip and very much a clique style environment.

You do get the opportunity to work from home a few days a week which is nice. Also the benefits are pretty good, but have really gone downhill since GES bought onPeak.

You will need to learn fast and get ready for a lot of supervisors telling you to do different things. Read the handbook, if you ask a question they will tell you to read the handbook.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad supervisors and no communication
Good work environment with few career advancement opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at GES but wish it offered more/any opportunities for career advancement. If you work hard, you definitely can have your job for many years but the environment is such that employees aren't encouraged to further develop their skills in order to contribute more to the company or for their own personal professional development.
Vice President Account Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2016
The people are the greatest aspect of working at GES. You will make life long friendships and develop long lasting relationships internally and externally with clients, vendors and facility managers. The hardest part of any job at GES is maintaining a healthy work/life balance.as the industry is client centric and very demanding. A career at GES can be very rewarding.
Pros
meet a lot of people from various industries, plenty of room for advancement in multiple areas
Cons
requires weekends, holiday and night working hours
Kit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2016
Global Experience Specialists has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
employee training could be improved
TEACHING (Current Employee) –  NAVRONGOApril 1, 2016
Usually, my typical days at work begins on mondays and ends on fridays. this company is has taught me to be results oriented and hard working. time and administrative management is a key to success. the workers are lovely and up to task to achieve the goals of the company. the hardest part of this job is when more efforts are put and less output more to that when you would work over time without motivation.the most enjoyable part of this work is when all things go right
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Loved working there
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2016
It was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to return. Sometimes it's very stressful because of the high requirements and things always need to be done. Everyone is extremely friendly and they make it feel like we are all family. I worked in the electrical department and wouldn't change a thing about it. The work is honestly fairly easy
Productive workplace with many open discussions
Apple One Temp, IT Budget and Procurement Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89113February 24, 2016
Our team was the greatest! Everyone helped each other and shared their knowledge freely. Our manager and director were available when we needed them and there were team meetings scheduled to keep us up to date on important topics.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
As a temp, no benefits.
Excellence Job
SORT LINE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
What I really like about this job is that I approve my English the better the more for me for job opinions. I like all my co-workers, we all get along.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2016
Hard charging employer who seeks out work to keep employees busy. Really good place to work when work is available and allows employees to utilize company to gain work for everyone.
Pros
Some days leave early with days pay depending on whether or not we were waiting for other crafts.
Cons
Work slow downs or no work.
Great advancement opportunites
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2016
There are amazing opportunities to advance here. The majority of employees are hard working and knowledgeable about their jobs.
Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2015
Respectful company towards its employees and room for a lot of learning and growing. Tough to be in finance do to the several shows that are managed but plenty of opportunity to learn.
great company
Operation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 4, 2015
great company. show site operation many shows to pick from. very busy at times. other just stay at home.I do not like working here
Every Day is an Opportunity to WOW
Electrical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Each day is a new, welcome challenge. Deadlines are extremely tight, information is constantly changing, needs are always evolving. But at the end of the day, you can look back and see that you made a difference and got the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Experience Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.