Global Experience Specialists Employee Reviews

Great work environment with wonderful coworkers
OPPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
This is a company that makes sure ever employee is focused on their work to get every task done. I had an amazing experience at GES and gained so an immense amount of work experince.
Exciting place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
GES was an exciting place to work. Their is so much opportunity in this business yet it will change drastically in years to come.

Management worries about revenue and profits and cares little about their people. My job was terminated by letter and never received even a call from management!
Pros
Exciting, a lot of travel. Good benefits and good pay.
Cons
Work-life balance was terrible. Top management did not care about the people working there.
Teamwork
Teamster (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2017
Every morning & evening I would be present for roll call for any available jobs that day and sometimes they would call my name to let me work. The convention season got slow & union dues needed to be paid but no work available
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Workplace
Large Format Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 9, 2017
I learned a lot at GES. Its a very informative work environment. Great management, good people to work with, and long hours. A very focused environment where they all work together to complete a task.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
short breaks, long hours.
Some what ok
Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 2, 2017
Good company with fun times and low pay. they try to get you to do more than expected. These are good people that prey on your emotional needs and will play games to promise things to you and never pay them to you.
Excelent Place to work
Graphic Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
Excellent Place to work. Always working in a nice atmosphere. the management is always worry for the employers. I lerard a lot: how to run the Vutek 300 printer machine, the Icut machine, the plotter machine
Poor leadership
Operations/Warehouse/Usage Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2017
Upper management does not provide support to overall operations . Mid and lower management are rarely held accountable for significant errors and the blame games are played regularly ..
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Great company to work with.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2017
Very secure company, very challenging position. Enjoyed the sales team in which I was assigned. Had a great working relationship with my immediate Account Executive.
Exhibitor Services
Exhibitor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
Working for GES has been great, but I am looking to advance my career in other fields. It's a great job if you need income while trying to attain another job.
n/a
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2017
great company overall but certain departments, specifically the call center, needs improvement. Very micromanaged, duties, complex internal transfers options.
Ptsd
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2017
My title says it all really, I was literally diagnosed with PTSD after working with this company. Even my hair was falling out from the work load and stress. The department I worked for we handled every piece of paper/call/email that had to do with every client/department/show while being on the road for months at a time. We worked anywhere from 10-18 hours on site at times for months without a day off this does include weekends. I had to have my work cell phone on me at all times day and night and ALWAYS answer it even at 3 am.

Accountability was never on management only anyone under/ even had to save every email, text, memo and screenshot as backup to protect myself from management back petals.

The office culture was very much like being back in high school.

When I was hired I didn't receive training they told me I would either sink or swim. So I had to learn everything while on job and by fellow co-workers.

Friends? Family? What are those? Kiss them good bye because of the hours you will be working you will not be making it to family/friends events or functions very often.
Pros
Traveling and new experiences
Cons
Traveling, communication, training and upper management
Torn
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYMarch 27, 2017
Sometimes too much work, sometimes too little work. There is enough travel to other cities in the region to keep it interesting, especially if you have family who is able to join you for your day of down time. My biggest con would be a seeming lack of accountability in the projects, from the top down.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Down Time
work/life balance, what's that?
Exhibitor Showsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2017
As the title says, this job is not for you if you enjoy having a life and/or family outside of work. It's also not the job for you if you expect to be paid well or appreciated at work. It's hard to stay motivated when there are no incentives or rewards for giving up your life for this job.
Pros
Work is somewhat interesting and usually varied, Ability to travel, Some opportunity for advancement if you work in their national office otherwise forget about it.
Cons
terrible hours/schedule, poor compensation, benefits are a joke, they use every excuse in the book not to give you a raise, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Good team environment.
customer service support for all exhibitor clients (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2017
More pros than cons. Schedule is pretty consistent in between shows. Management is upbeat and friendly. While working with G.E.S. I had the opportunity to see all the elements that make up a trade show.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2017
Working as an exhibitor service representative was a valued experience. I enjoyed interacting with the exhibitors, and all the excitement the goes into creating a Great Production.

This experience helps me understand and appreciate the hard work within the lines of business.
Pros
Smiling Faces
Cons
Shortage of specialty furniture
guarded positions/ways of doing things
Project Manager / Portables Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILFebruary 24, 2017
It seemed like everyone had their own way of doing things and they were all guarded about sharing how they did these things. As a result, it was difficult to learn the ropes and too many folks shoving their work onto others.
fun
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Good company to work with for. dynamic culture and growing opportunities in the trade show and event marketing industry.
Learned alot and enjoyed the global travel
Amazing Company to work for
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
I worked in the Graphic Arts Department for G.E.S. I found the position enjoyable as well as the team I worked with. I always enjoyed seeing the creativity the company encouraged among it's employees.
Pros
Great Hours
Great Company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 9, 2017
For the most part I love working for GES. It is a great company but the only bad part is the lack of hours. You can be busy for one month and then be completely of the next, all depending on if there are any trades shows.
Acconting Clerk
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2017
This industry was most exciting - convention center. I worked in the Finance building and sent out the invoice for final billing of the conventions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Experience Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.