Global Furniture Group Employee Reviews

Temporary Job
Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abshire, TexasDecember 12, 2017
Global Industries was a temporary job. They typical day consist on monitoring the clean up and restoration on cities affected by Hurricane Ike. We worked in teams, 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Temp job, long hours, no off days.
work
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 26, 2017
Was there temporarily but learned some computer skills.

Very involved with the operations really felt like a team player. Lot of responsibility really enjoyed that part of the wrok
Pros
steady work, not seasonal
Cons
exposed to the elements
Amazing Company
Senior IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 15, 2017
Working with Global was a great opportunity with little advancement and for my position i wasn't paid adequately. Great place to start a career with furniture but IT was limited
Pros
great company, understanding management
Cons
lack of growth, lack in salary
Great corporate working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2017
Fast paced corporate working environment. Specializing in office furniture, office filing solutions, healthcare furniture, reception seating and home offices.
Great place to work for recent graduates looking for experience in Office Furniture
Showroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2017
Not much room for advancement from the Showroom Coordinator position if you are not interested in eventually moving into Sales. Great place to learn product and design because you also specify projects.
Making money
Underwater Construction Welder (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 25, 2017
A day offshore was interesting and great but you should not expect to have a family life out on the water. It is an amazing job but in order to make money you have to be offshore all the time
Pros
pay
Cons
life
A great place to work. It will be missed.
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Global merged with Technip SA, so is no longer a going concern. It required a lot of work and was sometimes dysfunctional, but the employees were like family.
Family-Oriented Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 12, 2017
I've been working for Global just over a year and I'm so glad I made the switch. They really care about their employees and are trying their best to make this a great place to work. Given how long Global has been in business - there are definitely areas to improve/modernize that will take some time and they are making great strides. In the past, advancement opportunities were few and far between but they are doing a great job of making this available to employees as well. Really generous PTO policy, annual review process and good work/life balance.
Pros
Family-oriented management team, company discounts, Pto
Cons
Older company, sometimes tough to modernize/streamline processes
Great Company History
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2017
The company was founded by a holocaust survivor (Saul Feldman), a wonderful man who truly values and supports his employees. The Global products are mid market priced and of very high quality.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Competition in Market is substantial
Great company
AR/Corp-Accounting, Asst. VP/Controller (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 18, 2017
Team players -

I worked for the controller -

Posting payments according to customers instructions -

Running statements

Collections - supplying customers with copies of outstanding invoices
I was a customer service representative, doing mostly order entry and receiving customer complaints. Very challenging.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 17, 2017
The day consisted of entering orders all day and helping the customer with the materials that were received. Either getting a replacement or having the item received.
Pros
occasional free lunch.
Cons
challenging
offshore company
recruiter posting jobs on company website (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAMarch 7, 2017
great supervisor, I was trained and learned a whole new aspect of HR department. However, the company moved its office to Houston, Texas and I was laid off.
No supevision
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg to state collegeMarch 5, 2017
Supervisor are clueless how hard we work and have no idea how dishonest some of the people are! We had to punch in our time cards in Catawissa,pa then come back to start our day in blomsburg,pa.
Was a great company to work at.
Sat Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAFebruary 22, 2017
Global was very family oriented. They did their best at keeping a good balance of work and life. They truly believed in family first. The 4 star rating I gave for this catigory is only because any job offshore has some family sacrifices to be made due to the nature of the business. I only left Global because of the Gulf oil field shut down after the BP oil spill while all of Global's diving was on hold for several months. I had to find work elswhere.
Pros
Loved the work.
Cons
Away from family while offshore.
Good place
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2016
it is a good place and nice environment. i have learned a lot and my manger was great. work time was pretty flexible, employees were good!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
My career growth at Global Industries was phenomenal compared to others in my peer group. Much of this was because of the exceptional folks that were above my position and their guidance. I would highly recommend Global Industries (Now Technip) to anyone young in their career.
Interesting, constantly changing, family environmnet
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAJuly 27, 2016
Constantly changing workload, fast paced with new reports, new spreadsheets to update but in spite of this Human Resources made sure employees' birthdays were recognized every month with cake and ice cream. There were chili and gumbo cook offs, best decorated cubical per department, best Halloween costume, pictures with Santa for employees' children, Cinco de Mayo, etc. This was the best place I had ever worked for in all my working years.
Pros
Opportunities to chg departments
Cons
Workload was affected by the good or bad economy
Interesting and challenging work with great management and co-workers
Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMay 26, 2016
Operated and gained years of experience in a variety of heavy equipment and cranes. I love equipment operating and enjoyed my time there.
Nice place to woork
Director, IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
It was nice place to work with very old technology environment- This company was acquired by Technip back in Dec 2011 -

Overall experience as employee was OK, but not a place I will return to work for.
productivity is a must
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAFebruary 24, 2016
process invoices for payment in a timely manner scanning invoice into basware for payment. talking to the vendors to correct errors on their invoiced
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Furniture Group. Our community is ready to answer.