Global Green USA is offering an internship opportunity for students or recent graduates interested in gaining practical experience working in events & corporate relations at a national environmental non-profit organization. This position is available immediately to support on production of the annual Global Green Pre-Oscar Party benefit, the green event of Oscar week. This event includes; celebrity red carpet arrivals, headline musical performance, seated dinner, VIP experience, corporate sponsor activations and more.
The right candidate is a detail oriented and highly motivated individual, who is interested in learning the nuances of event production and nonprofit fundraising. Position supports Global Green’s Events Manager on event logistics and fundraising management. Someone with previous event production experience (paid or unpaid), preferred. Must be creative and resourceful, have excellent research skills, impeccable phone manners, and possess the ability to work on both the big picture and the small details. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about event planning and production, non- profit fundraising and the essential relationship between corporate sponsors and non- profits.
- Detailed online research to support fundraising and in-kind solicitations
- Create and manage sponsor servicing/ tracking documents in Excel
- Follow up on event inquiries from potential donors, vendors, attendees, etc.
- Draft formal letters, memos and emails to potential sponsors
- Track and organize data
- Manage shipments and deliveries
- Various other assignments as needed
- Previous experience in event production or working with corporate sponsors a plus.
- Excellent written and oral and communication skills. Attention to detail; ability to work independently and to take initiative on specific tasks.
- High comfort level making cold calls and working with a variety of in-kind donors.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel; Exceptional research skills.
- Must be locally based in Los Angeles area and able to commute to office located in Santa Monica.
Preferred schedule is 2-3 days a week, at least 4 hours per day, with overtime the week of February 18th – the 20th when hours will increase. Exact hours to be determined with Events Manager, intern and if applicable, the academic institution.
Please send resume, three references, and a letter of interest.
Academic credit is available. Please work out academic credit details with your academic institution. There is no monetary compensation or housing provided by Global Green USA.