Global Industrial Employee Reviews

Great place to work - love working in Customer Service!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 27, 2015
I have worked in Customer Service at Global for a few years now and while no company is perfect, I am proud to say I work here! I started out temp-to-hire and was able to be hired on after 2 months. I enjoy (most) of the people I work with including our management team and I love working with our customers! Our department has some of the best opportunities for growth; once you're hired on, after 3 months, you're reviewed and can receive a raise and also be bumped up to different levels or different areas within the department. 3 months later, the same thing and so on and so forth. I know many of us who have been here for a little while do really well - if you meet your goals, you get an increase! The goals are very attainable and most everyone meets them every time. The company is growing faster than we can keep up which means a higher volume of work coming in. It is stressful but it's to be expected in Customer Service and we just do the best we can (some cannot hack it). I've worked in other call centers and Customer Service at Global is very different - we are a full-service Customer Service department for the entire company. Yes, it's demanding and stressful but they make it fun for us too. We have parties to celebrate birthdays, milestones, holidays and sometimes just for fun. We have food all of the time and decorations throughout our area. Our social committee does a great job of trying to make it a fun place to be even though it's work. We have lost some people here and there (some can't handle the stress, some have relocated, some have had personal situations  more... come up, others have attendance issues). As long as you're here every day and do your work, you won't have any issues. Like I said, no place is perfect, but we do have fun not only within our department but throughout the company too. We have a lot of different events that the company holds throughout the year, we get to wear jeans regularly, our vacation policy is better than anywhere else I've worked, we have a great referral program and an excellent discount on products. I would definitely recommend working at Global to others and I have - some of my friends work here now!  less
Pros
Good PTO, nice atmosphere, management is cool, nice break room, close to home, good growth opportunities, company continues to grow/expand, employee perks
Cons
Medical insurance is a bit high (only medical), system isn't the greatest, not enough people to handle the work load with the rate of growth
Nice co-workers
InBound Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 7, 2013
Being an in-bound sales rep involves a lot of daily tasks, from checking your email, answering calls, talking with customers, either placing orders or at least turning a call into a quote that could lead to a sale, to sending tech requests to get additional information for customers on products found on the website. There are a lot of steps involved, especially if you get a quote for a large amount, including freight. The leads expect you to stay on top of your emails and always clear your deleted folder and never leave messages in your inbox. Some days phones can be very busy, making it difficult to stay on track. Leads expect you to make at least 10 outbound calls before noon, which for many that is impossible to do especially when it comes to how busy we are.
There are things I like about this job and there are things I don't like about this job.
I like many of the co-workers I work with and I get along well with the leads and the managers there. It also makes my day better knowing I have made a customers day by being helpful and assisting them with placing their order.
The things I least like about this job is the amount of time it takes to get back to a customer with better pricing (not my fault), which leads to me loosing quotes. With the quotes good for only 30 days, you must ask for an extension and if you don't make at least 3 attempted contacts, good luck getting your quotes extended. Also dealing with customers who get upset because we don't know the products we are selling or they expect us to know what they are looking for. Also, things are always changing daily
  more... on how we do things, if things were consistent it wouldn't be so bad. Lot to learn.
While they do have a gym on site, I haven't had time to use it because of the schedule I am currently working.
Pros
nice co-workers, great benefits, paid holidays from the start.
Cons
amount of daily quotes and outbound phone calls expected by leads.
Horrible Management, Poor training, & overall terrible work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 13, 2015
This company provides the worst level of customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Supervisors do not provide training or growth opportunities but are quick to advise when you make a mistake. The customer service team is overloaded with responsibilities. Reps are expected to take 50+ phone calls a day, manage an ever growing report, and field 100+ emails a day while assisting customers who are routinely provided with poor service. Reps find ways to NOT assist customers by not placing notes in an order, being RUDE to customers, not properly assisting customers. I would steer clear of this company. They have a revolving door in customer service. Pay is terrible, direction is worse. Everyone is brought in via contract (temp) and they prolong employment process so employees continue to work without benefits and promised raises!
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Everything!!
Horrible HR, Horrible Management
worker (Former Employee) –  new yorkAugust 13, 2014
First of all, before you were hired, HR won't tell you anything, won't give you a clue about benefits.. If you were hired, you will regret.. I did.

Second you are office worker, you still need to swipe in with your id card in/out every day.. (exempt or not). Tedious.

Third, I learned nothing from this job. Supervisor and Management are selfish. They don't share anything with you.

Forth, the Middle management is the worst, they can let you go just like that, when you join this company, don't think it is permanent, it could be temporary regardless if you are sales, technical or regular worker. They can just let you go without any reason. They did that to save money and hire someone they know with less pay.. Typical politics.

Last, When you are laid off, you will have to wait a month for your vacation check. They won't give you everything in one check.

The total experience with this company is horrible..
Pros
co-workers.. nothing else
Cons
hr, management, everything..
semi-corporate work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 20, 2012
Working mostly individually, answering 100-110 inbound calls regarding returns, claims, products customers were unhappy with. For the most part this was a great opportunity, income wise, however there was no opportunity for growth within the company, management and supervisors were set in stone, if you entered as a customer service rep, you will continue as a customer service rep with very little pay raise. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being able to help customers and have them be happy at the end of the call. The hardest part of the job is the actual work environment, with no opportunity to grow, it can get frustrating at times to feel like you are at a stand still.
Pros
cafteria, gym
Cons
few bathroom breaks
It not as bad people make it to be its ok
Ark Staffing Temp (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 8, 2012
It really hard to say everyday you walk in there. Is challenging because you don't know, what dept you will be working in that day. the work place is not as bad co-work might make you think it is. as Far as goes Management, bosses have favor people the want. to do certain task. And no body else, Mixes reviews on co-worker no comment, There nothing hard about the job, is only as hard as you make it. all of the bosses all Understandable once you have show them what kind employee you are. They goes easy on and if you way is faster then there way the look up too you.
Pros
free holiday lunche before the day of holiday, and work all hours you want work.
Cons
no holiday pay for temp-empolyees
Look elsewhere!!!
Credit rep (Former Employee) –  Buford gaNovember 26, 2014
Do not work for this company! They are still paying people $9.50 a hour when this is a fortune 1000 company. Management sucks they are all clicked up and try to micromanage employees. The raises that you get are laughable. They do alot for the employees when it's a special Occasion but a little extra money would be appreciated. The credit manager is maybe the worst 1. You can hear her big mouth all over the building fussing at people. All of her employees want to quit and most do. You should be grateful to have a job is their motto. Don't waste your time going here you will be in the same desk 18 years later probably making $2 more.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
everything else
Energetic Company with continuous growth
Controller (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJune 8, 2015
Typical day included meetings with executive management on all projects - staff review of status on on going audits, strategic planning of inventory balances and service levels of company. Hardest part of the job was continuous change for improvement in all areas of the organization and system challenges - the most enjoyable part of the job is the executive team always supportive in providing the tools needed to do the best job in each area of the organization.
Pros
Motivated and exciting executive team
Cons
Constant system challenges
Run for the hills instead of taking a customer service job here!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 7, 2015
There is too much favoritism. And the lead and managers favorites never get in trouble for what they do/do not do for customers. They work you to death with phone calls, emails, and also doing the jobs of a favorite that is supposed to handle the online service requests. People quit every week because of the poor training and poor management. This could be a great place to work if the managers and supervisors knew how to be in a management role.
Pros
Co-workers
worst company
account manager (Former Employee) –  port washingtonJanuary 6, 2014
As an account manager in port washington NY you will be under constant fear of losing your job. The management is the worst I have ever experienced. The hardest part is trying to meet their unrealistic expectations and if you do you will still get written up for things that has nothing to do with sales.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
no breaks, management is horrible
safe and friendly work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 27, 2014
I work for them through a temp service, I have only been there a short time. it is a very comfortable work place fair and safe. I'm seeking new employment for better wages. As a fork lift operator I should be getting the going rate of $14 an hour. I'm not getting close to that through the staffing agency.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
staffing agency
Run far far away!
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 23, 2014
Poor management, a lot of favoritism, micromanagement to the max (honestly, you can't even get up to use the restroom without being corned in there asking why you're taking long when it's only been 3 mins), compensation is a joke for what they expect from you, zero incentives nor motivation
Pros
gym
Cons
everything
Typical warehouse atmosphere
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 18, 2015
second shift is new to global for the shipping side,the supervisor is cool,the warehouse manager is scummy and the HR supervisor doesn't know how to do her job
Prepare for a lot of disappointment coming into this company
Pros
Cons
poor management, heavy workload
What a joke of a company
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Buford, GA.February 11, 2015
After two training classes only One person was left after 60 days. Don't eat a breakfast bar at your desk the onsite paid security guard will probably escort you to your car. WHAT A JOKE!
Cons
ownership & management are a joke!
Great Place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 4, 2016
It was a nice place to work. A lot changed while employed there but overall a nice place to work. Some supervisors need to be fired but thats at every place of employment. Location was convenient.
independent job
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Ive learned how to pick/stock and how to use a scanner gun.Poor management inside the company.I also believe there should have higher wages for the job.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
poor management
Account Manager Inside Sales
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Henderson NVJuly 22, 2015
Horrible company to work for !!! Bad management!!! Do not work here you will regret it! All they care about is the talk time and not the sales.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
it was ok
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYDecember 9, 2014
Sales job on the phones etc

learned about the MRO space

Management is very poor

Co-workers were great

Hardest part of the job was management

Co-workers were the best part of the job
fun
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
in -depth knowledge of processing shipments by means of database .scale in all loads and check in trucks to confirm proper load and merchant.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
healthcare
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
we learn how to pack and ship product also how to load rucks and fil out paper work for items going out of the country. We are also certified to use pallet jacks and fork lifts.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

2.8