Global Industrial

Global Industrial Employer Reviews

Look elsewhere!!!
Credit rep (Former Employee), Buford gaNovember 26, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: everything else
Do not work for this company! They are still paying people $9.50 a hour when this is a fortune 1000 company. Management sucks they are all clicked up and try to micromanage employees. The raises that you get are laughable. They do alot for the employees when it's a special Occasion but a little extra money would be appreciated. The credit manager is – more... maybe the worst 1. You can hear her big mouth all over the building fussing at people. All of her employees want to quit and most do. You should be grateful to have a job is their motto. Don't waste your time going here you will be in the same desk 18 years later probably making $2 more. – less
Horrible HR, Horrible Management
worker (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers.. nothing else
Cons: hr, management, everything..
First of all, before you were hired, HR won't tell you anything, won't give you a clue about benefits.. If you were hired, you will regret.. I did.

Second you are office worker, you still need to swipe in with your id card in/out every day.. (exempt or not). Tedious.

Third, I learned nothing from this job. Supervisor and Management are selfish. They – more... don't share anything with you.

Forth, the Middle management is the worst, they can let you go just like that, when you join this company, don't think it is permanent, it could be temporary regardless if you are sales, technical or regular worker. They can just let you go without any reason. They did that to save money and hire someone they know with less pay.. Typical politics.

Last, When you are laid off, you will have to wait a month for your vacation check. They won't give you everything in one check.

The total experience with this company is horrible.. – less
safe and friendly work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Buford, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: staffing agency
I work for them through a temp service, I have only been there a short time. it is a very comfortable work place fair and safe. I'm seeking new employment for better wages. As a fork lift operator I should be getting the going rate of $14 an hour. I'm not getting close to that through the staffing agency.
Breat benifits and relax
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Chicagio IllinosMay 8, 2014
Company has great benifits and relax enviorment to work in. I learned to work with diffirent people of all races.
Run far far away!
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: everything
Poor management, a lot of favoritism, micromanagement to the max (honestly, you can't even get up to use the restroom without being corned in there asking why you're taking long when it's only been 3 mins), compensation is a joke for what they expect from you, zero incentives nor motivation
worst company
account manager (Former Employee), port washingtonJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: no breaks, management is horrible
As an account manager in port washington NY you will be under constant fear of losing your job. The management is the worst I have ever experienced. The hardest part is trying to meet their unrealistic expectations and if you do you will still get written up for things that has nothing to do with sales.
Nice co-workers
InBound Sales Rep (Current Employee), Buford, GAFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers, great benefits, paid holidays from the start.
Cons: amount of daily quotes and outbound phone calls expected by leads.
Being an in-bound sales rep involves a lot of daily tasks, from checking your email, answering calls, talking with customers, either placing orders or at least turning a call into a quote that could lead to a sale, to sending tech requests to get additional information for customers on products found on the website. There are a lot of steps involved, – more... especially if you get a quote for a large amount, including freight. The leads expect you to stay on top of your emails and always clear your deleted folder and never leave messages in your inbox. Some days phones can be very busy, making it difficult to stay on track. Leads expect you to make at least 10 outbound calls before noon, which for many that is impossible to do especially when it comes to how busy we are.
There are things I like about this job and there are things I don't like about this job.
I like many of the co-workers I work with and I get along well with the leads and the managers there. It also makes my day better knowing I have made a customers day by being helpful and assisting them with placing their order.
The things I least like about this job is the amount of time it takes to get back to a customer with better pricing (not my fault), which leads to me loosing quotes. With the quotes good for only 30 days, you must ask for an extension and if you don't make at least 3 attempted contacts, good luck getting your quotes extended. Also dealing with customers who get upset because we don't know the products we are selling or they expect us to know what they are looking for. Also, things are always changing daily on how we do things, if things were consistent it wouldn't be so bad. Lot to learn.
While they do have a gym on site, I haven't had time to use it because of the schedule I am currently working. – less
It not as bad people make it to be its ok
Ark Staffing Temp (Former Employee), Buford, GAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: free holiday lunche before the day of holiday, and work all hours you want work.
Cons: no holiday pay for temp-empolyees
It really hard to say everyday you walk in there. Is challenging because you don't know, what dept you will be working in that day. the work place is not as bad co-work might make you think it is. as Far as goes Management, bosses have favor people the want. to do certain task. And no body else, Mixes reviews on co-worker no comment, There nothing hard – more... about the job, is only as hard as you make it. all of the bosses all Understandable once you have show them what kind employee you are. They goes easy on and if you way is faster then there way the look up too you. – less
semi-corporate work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: cafteria, gym
Cons: few bathroom breaks
Working mostly individually, answering 100-110 inbound calls regarding returns, claims, products customers were unhappy with. For the most part this was a great opportunity, income wise, however there was no opportunity for growth within the company, management and supervisors were set in stone, if you entered as a customer service rep, you will continue – more... as a customer service rep with very little pay raise. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being able to help customers and have them be happy at the end of the call. The hardest part of the job is the actual work environment, with no opportunity to grow, it can get frustrating at times to feel like you are at a stand still. – less
WE ARE PRODUCTIVE EVERYDAY
MECHANICAL FITTER (Current Employee), Secunda, MPDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fruits and kfc
THERES NO PROBLEM WITH THE COMPANY.I WILL BE HAPPY IF THE CAN CONSIDER EVERYONE AT WORK

About Global Industrial

For over 60 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and – Read more

Global Industrial Photos