Global Industrial Employee Reviews

No communication
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
They had no communication would let people fail drug test and re take them. They would find drugs on people and just send them home for 1 hour and let them come back to work no write up no points nothing it is about favoritism at global so it is not a good place to work at
Enjoyed working at Global during my tender
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 25, 2017
Work with a great manager at Global, as long as you completed your job assignment the work environment were very good. I enjoyed working in the accounting department performing A/P duties. Was hired on full time as a Data Technician.
Terrible
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 11, 2017
They change commissions on sales people and they don't
say nothing. Management at all levels disaster. To all new people
run! We are stuck. Sales floor is run with threats. There is not one person on that floor that doesn't get sick on Sunday
Pros
Cons
run
Bad management
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford gaSeptember 3, 2017
Hiring people with a good work
ethic and managers as well. Managers that have experience in the field. Raises should be more for employees who do their jobs right. And have a good work ethic. Clean house of managers and employees who are trouble makers or dont care about their jobs.
Pros
Travel distance to work
Cons
worked with great people, poor management
Picker (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 20, 2017
worked with great people , but the management was poor. it felt like it was us against them. Head man of the warehouse probably have no kind of degree in the field of operation. The other guy under the head man I knew for a fact he didn't have a clue what was going on. rides around cart just to spy on folks that's what his main job was. Alot of managers mess around with employees also.
Pros
good employees
Cons
management
Na
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 18, 2017
Not much to say, other than try it for you self and see what you can get out of it. You can make miney if you work hard and stay focused. Of course there is negative in everything but overall I had a good experiance.
A Good Comany to work for
Production Supervisor / Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 16, 2017
Good Benefits.
Good co workers.
Good supervisors and management.
Plenty of Overtime available.

A good company that continues to grow aggressively.
Middle of Merge
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 24, 2017
I started working for Global Industrial in the middle of a merge. I know they've been working to correct the issues the merger caused. The people working their work incredibly hard and I'm proud to have worked there.
Career growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 22, 2017
I am looking for along my career path. Challenges are always welcome; I consider this to be a great challenge as well as a great opportunity. I am confident that my skills and my enthusiasm will enable me to make a significant contribution to your company. I believe being a hard worker, adapting to change, and being consistent are important qualifications for this position. In addition to having these qualifications I would describe myself as well organized, results-oriented, and a self-started with little to no supervision.
Great hardworking staff but poor management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMay 14, 2017
I have been with the company for 5 years now and I only get 10 business days of paid vacation. The team is hardworking and very productive. I am proud of my team. Management could be better.
Pros
Hours, the team
Cons
Pay
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 5, 2017
The warehouse and receiving supervisor: Organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received from suppliers around the world, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so merchandise and supplies are located and distributed to proper locations in an effective and efficient way
New to Global
Corporate Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 1, 2017
Have been there for a year.I am not ready to share my views of Global Industrial.
I have learned a lot. I have brushed up skills I have not used for quite some and I am grateful for a manager who is understanding.
Don't bother to work here
Oder Picker (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 22, 2017
Ok for granite the benifits are great but working you like a dog and not really appreciating what has been done isn't worth it. Some management is ok but most of them are just straight up jerks and don't know what they're doing most of the times. Also seeing that $500 sign on bonus is a plus but you will have to pay them back if you leave in a certain about of time. For what you're doing for the time being definitely not getting paid enough to do it. Apply in your will because it's gonna be on bumpy ride.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management not paying enough
This place is crazy not a good thing
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 22, 2017
This place is very lax on communication and it making it very difficult to work. Most of management doesn't know what they are doing. If you choose to work there make it a quick place to work at because they are quick to get rid of anybody.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Decent Pay
Cons
Lacks communication, Overly stressful work environment for no reason.
Nice environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 13, 2017
Friendly staff with nice work area.
I learned alot of different product knowledge
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work as a team to make a monthly goal.
Cons
Low pay
Work situation was good
stick pipe welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74108February 27, 2017
The only thing bad was they ran out of work. I was hoping to have a stable long-term employment with this company. The co-workers were friendly and they seems to have a team approach to working.
Pros
Cons
Ran out of work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Global Industrial like any other job has it's issues and drama. I have loved working for this company. They have helped me in any and every way they could so that I may be able to graduate this February 10, 2017 and of course I did. They moved my schedule around and even give me permission to go home when I'm done so that I may be well rested for school the next day. Amazing company
good
Iron Worker Hand/Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Vary good company. Employee focused company.This company cares for its employees and understands that at times things happen, family , doctor visits, sick kids. Overall a very good company.
Safe environment
Account Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 6, 2016
A typical day at work included following up on emails, voice mails, morning group meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships I made at Global.
Pros
Healthcare insurance and tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lighting
Chaotic and demanding workplace.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 31, 2016
Chaotic and demanding workplace. There are no typical days.Good benefits but very low pay. Some nice coworkers. No advancement opportunities available.
Pros
Free coffee and good PTO.
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9