Global Industrial Employee Reviews

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Global Industrial like any other job has it's issues and drama. I have loved working for this company. They have helped me in any and every way they could so that I may be able to graduate this February 10, 2017 and of course I did. They moved my schedule around and even give me permission to go home when I'm done so that I may be well rested for school the next day. Amazing company
Safe environment
Account Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 6, 2016
A typical day at work included following up on emails, voice mails, morning group meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships I made at Global.
Pros
Healthcare insurance and tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lighting
Chaotic and demanding workplace.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 31, 2016
Chaotic and demanding workplace. There are no typical days.Good benefits but very low pay. Some nice coworkers. No advancement opportunities available.
Pros
Free coffee and good PTO.
Cons
Low pay
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 10, 2016
This company is a good company to work for, Hours and Holidays are good.
There are different shifts for the customer service department 3 levels so there is room to grow within the company,Management is somewhat micro-managed,
The hardest part of the job is getting the process down and understanding the flow of how they want customer service done.
The best part of this job is getting to talk with people from all over the US.
Could be great with less micro management
Account Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 29, 2016
Great job. Great experience. Great products. Terrible upper management. They implement new programs left and right with out seeing if they would work in the first place. account bases were never settled and goals were impossible to reach. We are constantly offered the world by upper management but given nothing in return.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
set hours, basically zero vacation time, no sick days, poor upper management
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 18, 2016
This place is a joke to work for they favor the employees that have been there 30 plus years the work load is ridiculous. Everyone seems so nice when you first start then you see their real side management thinks they are better than everyone and no one wants to help or take responsibility for ANYTHING.If you are not a favorite it makes for a VERY LONG work day
Active and weight room too
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 29, 2016
The job didn't pay me enough for me to stay longer. Usually I would get right to work. I mostly did wrapping, strapping, lift boxes. Move boxes around to one pallet to another, then strap the pallets down.
fun
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
in -depth knowledge of processing shipments by means of database .scale in all loads and check in trucks to confirm proper load and merchant.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 4, 2016
It was a nice place to work. A lot changed while employed there but overall a nice place to work. Some supervisors need to be fired but thats at every place of employment. Location was convenient.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
we learn how to pack and ship product also how to load rucks and fil out paper work for items going out of the country. We are also certified to use pallet jacks and fork lifts.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Run for the hills instead of taking a customer service job here!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 7, 2015
There is too much favoritism. And the lead and managers favorites never get in trouble for what they do/do not do for customers. They work you to death with phone calls, emails, and also doing the jobs of a favorite that is supposed to handle the online service requests. People quit every week because of the poor training and poor management. This could be a great place to work if the managers and supervisors knew how to be in a management role.
Pros
Co-workers
Growing Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 25, 2015
The company is constantly growing, however, there isn't room for advancement.

The pay is ok, The health care is way too expensive,
Great place to work - love working in Customer Service!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 27, 2015
I have worked in Customer Service at Global for a few years now and while no company is perfect, I am proud to say I work here! I started out temp-to-hire and was able to be hired on after 2 months. I enjoy (most) of the people I work with including our management team and I love working with our customers! Our department has some of the best opportunities for growth; once you're hired on, after 3 months, you're reviewed and can receive a raise and also be bumped up to different levels or different areas within the department. 3 months later, the same thing and so on and so forth. I know many of us who have been here for a little while do really well - if you meet your goals, you get an increase! The goals are very attainable and most everyone meets them every time. The company is growing faster than we can keep up which means a higher volume of work coming in. It is stressful but it's to be expected in Customer Service and we just do the best we can (some cannot hack it). I've worked in other call centers and Customer Service at Global is very different - we are a full-service Customer Service department for the entire company. Yes, it's demanding and stressful but they make it fun for us too. We have parties to celebrate birthdays, milestones, holidays and sometimes just for fun. We have food all of the time and decorations throughout our area. Our social committee does a great job of trying to make it a fun place to be even though it's work. We have lost some people here and there (some can't handle the stress, some have relocated, some have had personal situations  more... come up, others have attendance issues). As long as you're here every day and do your work, you won't have any issues. Like I said, no place is perfect, but we do have fun not only within our department but throughout the company too. We have a lot of different events that the company holds throughout the year, we get to wear jeans regularly, our vacation policy is better than anywhere else I've worked, we have a great referral program and an excellent discount on products. I would definitely recommend working at Global to others and I have - some of my friends work here now!  less
Pros
Good PTO, nice atmosphere, management is cool, nice break room, close to home, good growth opportunities, company continues to grow/expand, employee perks
Cons
Medical insurance is a bit high (only medical), system isn't the greatest, not enough people to handle the work load with the rate of growth
Account Manager Inside Sales
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Henderson NVJuly 22, 2015
Horrible company to work for !!! Bad management!!! Do not work here you will regret it! All they care about is the talk time and not the sales.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Horrible Management, Poor training, & overall terrible work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 13, 2015
This company provides the worst level of customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Supervisors do not provide training or growth opportunities but are quick to advise when you make a mistake. The customer service team is overloaded with responsibilities. Reps are expected to take 50+ phone calls a day, manage an ever growing report, and field 100+ emails a day while assisting customers who are routinely provided with poor service. Reps find ways to NOT assist customers by not placing notes in an order, being RUDE to customers, not properly assisting customers. I would steer clear of this company. They have a revolving door in customer service. Pay is terrible, direction is worse. Everyone is brought in via contract (temp) and they prolong employment process so employees continue to work without benefits and promised raises!
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Everything!!
Energetic Company with continuous growth
Controller (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJune 8, 2015
Typical day included meetings with executive management on all projects - staff review of status on on going audits, strategic planning of inventory balances and service levels of company. Hardest part of the job was continuous change for improvement in all areas of the organization and system challenges - the most enjoyable part of the job is the executive team always supportive in providing the tools needed to do the best job in each area of the organization.
Pros
Motivated and exciting executive team
Cons
Constant system challenges
Typical warehouse atmosphere
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 18, 2015
second shift is new to global for the shipping side,the supervisor is cool,the warehouse manager is scummy and the HR supervisor doesn't know how to do her job
Prepare for a lot of disappointment coming into this company
Pros
Cons
poor management, heavy workload
What a joke of a company
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Buford, GA.February 11, 2015
After two training classes only One person was left after 60 days. Don't eat a breakfast bar at your desk the onsite paid security guard will probably escort you to your car. WHAT A JOKE!
Pros
NONE
Cons
OWNERSHIP & MANAGEMENT ARE A JOKE!
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Great job to have.Very nice helpful co-workers. Have to be a hard worker who is good at multitasking. learned a lot and will learn something new everyday
independent job
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Ive learned how to pick/stock and how to use a scanner gun.Poor management inside the company.I also believe there should have higher wages for the job.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6