Global Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

It's ok
International Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2016
I would say this is a good place for beginning recruiters, however, there isn't enough structure or training. Lower base salary than a lot of places. Stuck on antiquated production markers. International recruiting was fun.

I was an experienced recruiter when I came on, I found a lot of things frustrating - transparency when it comes to commissions, no-contact rules, working next to inexperienced recruiters who easily cave on salaries wasn't great because if you had another person working in the same facility, you would be effected (simply because the inexperienced recruiter didn't know how to have hard, salary conversations)

There is no HR there and ...there should be! Things other companies would regularly get sued for go on here as the norm. If you aren't skinny, pretty or compliant, you don't stay. Nobody to turn to who can reliably solve conflicts - and it's an environment that produces a ton of conflict.

Not a lot of common sense used here. If you are ok with that and keeping tabs on your own commissions so you aren't shorted, this is a FUN as heck job. But if you are serious about what you do, if you care about your recruiting reputation and being able to stand behind your promises, look elsewhere. More about popularity than it is about ability. I watched top biller after top biller be fired as non-producers were kept.

Because non-producers were kept, the culture there is similar to what you would find in a high school. Not great if you are serious about your work/future/money.

If you are an innovative recruiter, not the place for you!
Pros
Happy hour on Friday. Company bbqs in the summer. Can wear PJs to work for all anybody cares.
Cons
Fuzzy math when it comes to commissions, owners are too far removed from floor to be effective, No real attention or care for their brand or client satisfaction.
Great place to work filled with passionate, hardworking people
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2015
Global Medical Staffing is a locum tenens company that places doctors in locations throughout the U.S. and internationally as well. My role here is copywriter and I've been with the company since 2011. I've loved helping write the story of Global Medical Staffing and seeing the company grow.

Overall, it's a great place to work filled with tons of great people who are passionate about what they do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7