Global Payments Employee Reviews

Accountable for achieving sales/revenue goals and hiring and maintaining a sales force of W-2's and Independent Contractors
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAFebruary 8, 2017
As Regional Manager I would work with my sales representatives to achieve new revenue goals and work with a Relationship Manager to maintain current business and an existing stream of revenue. I would develop relationships with organizations such as VARS, Associations, and Banks to develop leads for my sales team. I had to work with all all departments with the organization to achieve sales goals and maintain customer service. I was recognized as one of their top managers using my strong people skills to organize and communicate.

Global had a string management team with a positive culture. The challenge was to continue to meet new revenue goals in a very competitive business environment. I was financially rewarded for my performance and enjoyed creating and maintaining a championship sales team.
Pros
Financial incentives and working with great people
Cons
Working in a competitive industry
Great company to work for
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2017
By far one of the best companies to work for. Great work-life balance and great people to work with. A lot of opportunity for growth. Unfortunately laid off due to company restructuring.
Cons
N/A
Not good
IT (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 23, 2016
The company had promise when I first started there a year ago, but since then, they have expanded and become more corporate. They have taken to applying policies and procedures that are common among all call centers. They do not care if you leave, the company has become transient and overly strict. If you like being treated like a child, than this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay and over time
Cons
Everyrhing else
Fun place to work, you can learn and grow.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 29, 2016
Global Payments is a multicultural company where you can learn and grow, but your job is subject to yearly reassignments.
Pros
Room for growth.
Cons
Constant turn around.
Hired at the wrong time
Loss Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 18, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Global Payments. The management team was very approachable and willing to work with you on your paths to success within and outside of the company. The only downside was I was hired in the midst of a merger and the office where i was hired was closed in the merger.
Pros
friendly and helpful staff, flexible scheduling, comparable pay, great benefits
Cons
Hired and a month later they announced the location was closing
Great Place to Work
Domestic Help Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 13, 2016
Fun And Productive with room for growth and they always hire from within.
thorough training classes always keeping their employees updated
with changes in the systems we used such as programs, computors, headsets etc , they constantly
they have amazing employee recognition ideas and constantly celebrate their employees and always follow through with incentives
which helps keep up the moral of working at Global Payment, and makes it a fun place to work and they make you feel appreciated at Global Payments
Global Payments Inc
Data Entry Specialist/ Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was ability to work remotely.
Great co-workers, worked off team work and team building.
follow up's are very important to every task.
Management team for Global Payments are always available for open suggestions and questions.
Pros
working from home
Cons
not about to visually interact with co-workers
Productive and has a great bunch of co-workers.
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 8, 2016
Team work is awesome there. Management seems to know what they are doing and do it well. They like off shoring and "co-sourcing" but this is part of their business plan. Over all, a good company to work for.
Thirteen years of learning
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 4, 2016
When I started at Global Payments I was quite young and knew nothing about working in a corporate environment since then I have grown tremendously. Global has allowed me to change positions several times within my tenure at Global and each time was a position for growth. A variety of seminars and health care events are always offered and the company has a phenomenal stock purchase and 401k plan. A typical day at work involves dealing with internal as well a external customers and I am lucky to currently be on a team in which we all help each other grow. If you need help everyone is always willing to extend a hand. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be not feeling as if your efforts are always recognized. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people and experiences that make coming to work more pleasurable as opposed to actual work.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Due to the company merger the facility will be closingly permanently.
Great team work
Masterfile Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 13, 2016
Constant work flow, at Global I worked with a very supportive team that focused on the ultimate company goal. Our main focus was to service the merchant in a timely manner. With determination and focus we are always able to hit that target successfully.
Pros
Exceptional team support
Cons
Establishment closing
Summary
Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 11, 2016
People are good, compensation isn't. co workers are the best part. management is ok but limited. not a stable job environment.
good company to work for, team work around the world.
Charge Back System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 29, 2016
charge back system support analyst, serve as liaison between banks and merchants, scan confidential and legal documents maintain accurate filing system. Prepare reports utilizing work processing and spreadsheets. / help desk , troubleshoot casino problems, printers, kiosks and computer terminals, technical problems with business machines.
Pros
geeting to meet and work with people from around the world
Cons
fighting traffic around 695
Work Family Culture
Voice Auth Rep I (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 15, 2016
Global Payments has THEE BEST work environment I have EVER experienced. The managers really care about you and they understand that you have a life outside of Global. They work with you if you need help and everyone pretty much treats you like family.
Pros
Cafe
Great experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
Contract work only and there were periods of extreme downtime due to technical resource issues in building environments for coding and testing. Business design and requirements changed fad hoc and were not provided to the testing team in an adequate time frame for testing preparation.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Waiting for delayed technical development builds causing downtime for employees
ok
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2016
It was typical place to work. It is laid back and not stressful. I learned alot but training is terrible. Management is weak and some other mean.
Pros
Cons
training is terrible
My co-workers were fabulous!
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 3, 2015
Great atmosphere; helping the customer and getting them to where they need to be was wonderful! Global Payments assisted some of American Express largest stores, customers, and banks. Being able to walk the merchant through their issues was very rewarding!
Pros
Staff
Cons
The inability to advance
Friendly Work Environment
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 29, 2015
Risk Analysts are challenged to analyze accounts daily to catch credit card fraud and use own discretion to capture funds.
Splunk Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,GAJuly 27, 2015
Working as a Splunk Dev. good place to work. you learn a lot when working here.A typical day starts with meetings, gathering requirements from business, use cases and start working on it. get feedback from various groups on the case we are working on..Management is very reliable and wonderful co-workers we have.
Somewhat interesting position overall
Ex Admn Asst to the VP, Controller - Acctg (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Daily tasks were somewhat too repetitive resulting in a tendency for boredom. Change in upper level management team in mid-stream (a lateral move) while there to another manager did not ever gel chemistry-wise although there were no conflicts. Not a position where I utilized most of my skills.
Pros
Good working environment and staff
Cons
Stress generated primarily due to lack of leadership communication from lateral move.
Management was aweful
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  OWNINGS MILLS, MDJanuary 28, 2015
The most awful place I have been in a long time!! Just nasty and unprofessional
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Payments. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval