Global Payments Employee Reviews

Somewhat interesting position overall
Ex Admn Asst to the VP, Controller - Acctg (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good working environment and staff
Cons: Stress generated primarily due to lack of leadership communication from lateral move.
Daily tasks were somewhat too repetitive resulting in a tendency for boredom. Change in upper level management team in mid-stream (a lateral move) while there to another manager did not ever gel chemistry-wise although there were no conflicts. Not a position where I utilized most of my skills.
most feasible place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2015
Its a very nice place to work. We can learn more and more from our superiors. We get a great support from our team here. Its really a great pleasure working here.
MANAGEMENT WAS AWEFUL
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), OWNINGS MILLS, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
THE MOST AWFUL PLACE I HAVE BEEN IN A LONG TIME!! JUST NASTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL
Front-end GUI testing for processing and data entry and also in Backend testing to test whether the transactions have made successfully
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
• Integration testing is done to verify if the GUI is successful in triggering the SSI and then G2 which is the main repository for all Merchant and Terminal records.
• Planning and Executing Test cases – more... for all the business requirements
• Monitoring testing effort at regular time intervals by generating reports in Quality center 9.0
• Defect tracking and defect resolution using Quality Center and conducted Bug-Triage meetings with Product Management. – less
Great company and exciting position
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaDecember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent, exciting, new industry, excellent opportunity
Excellent working environment! Had the opportunity to delve into a new industry, Payment Processing, while using my vast knowledge of Medical Practices and Medical Software.

Goal was to development relationships with Business and Practice Management Software Companies to integrate Global's processing technology into their system.

Thoroughly enjoyed and excelled at this position!
Oracle Apps Technical
Sr Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
 Around 9 years of extensive Oracle E-Business Suite experience in 11i and R12 Financials in Implementation, Customization, Interface Design and Reports Development.
 Technically strong in SQL, PL/SQL, – more... Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers, Bulk Collect, Reports 10G, XML Publisher, SQL*Loader and Interfaces.
 Expertise in Performance Tuning of Reports, SQL, PL/SQL, Procedures, Functions and Packages.
 Good Knowledge on functional flows, Tables and Relationships of AP, GL, AR, HRMS and PA
 Proficient in Technical Analysis, Configuration and testing of new Development customization of existing systems, involving Technical expertise on different modules GL, AP, AR, PA and HRMS of Oracle ERP. – less
Productive work enviroment
Chargeback Investigator I (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: hour lunch is great.
Cons: sometimes i miss the luch specials
My day is very simple. I 'm able to review what my work load will be and take care of my goals. There is so much I have learned about chargebacks and much more to continue to learn. I enjoy my job knowing that I have fulfilled my goals set for me and what is required.
Great company but growth available
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 15, 2014
The company was great to meet people, learn the products that the company had to offer to their clients; however, the company was always outsourcing their jobs and slowly but surely laying off their employees that dedicated their time and effort to making the company so great.
Masterfile Representative (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 29, 2014
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: medical benefit could of been a little better
Productive, good place to work, and I loved that they had it's own gym
Oracle APPS DBA/architect
Database architect/Oracle Apps DBA (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaFebruary 11, 2014
Architect their Reporting PEGA Database in highly secure zones and Upgraded their Databases.
Good work atmosphere, lots of layoffs though
Floater (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 26, 2013
Pros: lots of holiday parties lol
Cons: lots of layoffs
My typical day would have me shipping, receiving and maintaining inventory. I would talk merchants through shipping and troubleshooting credit card terminals. I would also cross train employees.
I learned – more... to use Outlook and conduct myself in a way that complimented the logistics and business departments.
Management was great, but micro managing was not needed we all knew our functions well.
I had great Co-Workers, we would put aside personal things such as the blame game for the best of the company.
The hardest thing for me was making it to work in the mornings across town with no car and a new born.
The best thing was the loving environment Global Payments truly became a 2nd home. – less
Fun place to work but poor compensation
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, events
Cons: no promotion, poor compensation
Global Payments is fun place to work, staffs are friendly, but compensation and promotion is poor.
Very customer service friendly
Collections Liaison (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits
This was a great company to work for. I felt really welcome when I first joined the company. There was a lot of potential that the company had to offer. I learned how to operate different computer systems. The management team was really awesome. I got along with all of my co-workers. I enjoyed getting up daily and going to this job.
Basic Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Desoto, TXOctober 30, 2013
Pros: close to home
Taking inbound calls, fraud prevention, and decision making on approving credit card accounts.
Great pay and training.
Customer Representative, MD (Former Employee), owing mills< MDAugust 23, 2013
Enjoyed working there and learning new skills to get the job done.
professional but fun work atmosphere
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
I worked in the call center. We provided insurance to our merchants against loss from NSF or fraudulent checks. I learned the inner workings of a customer service call center. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate merchants/consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job is amicably diffusing difficult situations with irate callers and interacting with other employees.
Manageing Bus Dev Partnerships and Relationships
Business Development- Lead Specialist (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 10, 2013
Pros: meeting amazing people (i.e. presidents, vps or executive directors) and making them long term clients!!
Cons: not enough time in the day to spend with each new partner.
Great Company to work for....excellent management. Typical work day for me was generating new business in our community as well as surrounding areas. Outstanding position
Nice and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDMay 15, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: old leads repeat calls
Research merchant inquiries with a basis knowledge and understanding of research procedures under moderate supervision
Resolve inquiries in a thorough and timely fashion
Assist by providing support to the Teleservice unit for ACD calls when required

Achieving above the 100% quota
Not a very well known company
Account Executive (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2013
Pros: virtual office
Cons: not enough field support
-Initiating broad based business opportunities.
-Developing new business, by cold calling or networking with business partners.
-Weekly sales calls with management and sales team.
Wonderful management
Sales Service Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2013
Global Payments is a company that still cares about the employees.