Global Payments Employee Reviews

Laid back enviroment
Senior Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 28, 2017
Worked there for 13 years and really enjoyed working with my team. They company could've done more as far as company picnics and raffle for turkeys during the holidays
Changes since I left
Network Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2017
My original Manager had a singular approach at that was top performing engineer and no one else. So, advancement would have been nil if you were striving to better yourself. He is gone! The new manager is nothing like him so "Yay".
Great leadership within the company.
Executive Assistant, EVP/CAO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Not a lot of opportunity to "move" within the organization if you are on the executive floor. However, some movement available in the other parts of the organization.

Great people and great company.
Great Place to Work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
Great atmosphere and a great place to work. Pay is also wonderful and just overall a great culture. Not your average call center and not just another number.
overall excellent place to work
Canadian Research Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117June 19, 2017
pleasant work environment
excellent management and coworkers
up and rising culture
enjoyable contact between departments
stressful and frequent changes
Very productive and great working atmosphere
Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2017
Working at Global Payments was one the of the best decisions that I made in my career. Being a wife and mother of three young children at the time the job allowed the flexibility of me choosing my lunch breaks etc. Communication from the top down has quite improved in the eight years since I've been there and the company has been focusing and stressing the importance of quality with its Power of the Conversation meetings. Team leads have been really engaged in ensuring that their co-workers day was easier and less stressful.
Co-workers are great. Awesome team support.
Pros
Customer Service Day, Free picnics, Baseball tickets, 3 hours flex time as rewards.
Cons
Short breaks
cool place
PC Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 20, 2017
great job with great people; room for movement and a lot to learn and exciting and entertaining. great work culture and the most enjoyable job i have.
Happy place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 11, 2017
Love working for this company the pay was great the on the job training was great coworker was very friendly and kind they are a 5 star in my book. Will go back and work for them again.
Global
Premier Account Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 27, 2017
Fast paced, loved working with the team. Also the customers and trouble shooting their issues. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help all of the time. Love my managers
love the gym and ping pong table
Inbound call center, assisting merchants (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 29, 2017
miss this place wished they didn't relocated out of state. Alot of people lost their jobs, but they did a good job to make sure everyone was taken care of during the transition
Fast Paced, But Worth It
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
It's a very fast paced company - don't expect lots of down time between projects, but you'll never get bored! There is a lot of room to grow and even more to learn.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Lots to Learn
Good workplace
International Payments Processor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 22, 2017
I have been working in this company for 12 years...
Good workplace, but Global Payments closing office in Owings Mills, Maryland.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Owings Mills office has been closed
Accountable for achieving sales/revenue goals and hiring and maintaining a sales force of W-2's and Independent Contractors
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAFebruary 8, 2017
As Regional Manager I would work with my sales representatives to achieve new revenue goals and work with a Relationship Manager to maintain current business and an existing stream of revenue. I would develop relationships with organizations such as VARS, Associations, and Banks to develop leads for my sales team. I had to work with all all departments with the organization to achieve sales goals and maintain customer service. I was recognized as one of their top managers using my strong people skills to organize and communicate.

Global had a string management team with a positive culture. The challenge was to continue to meet new revenue goals in a very competitive business environment. I was financially rewarded for my performance and enjoyed creating and maintaining a championship sales team.
Pros
Financial incentives and working with great people
Cons
Working in a competitive industry
Great company to work for
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2017
By far one of the best companies to work for. Great work-life balance and great people to work with. A lot of opportunity for growth. Unfortunately laid off due to company restructuring.
Cons
N/a
Not so bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 28, 2016
Global is a great place to get your feet wet in an office/professional call center environment. I learned alot about merchant processing and I think the training is the best i've had in a corporate atmosphere.
Pros
good PTO
Cons
phone metrics
Not good
IT (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 23, 2016
The company had promise when I first started there a year ago, but since then, they have expanded and become more corporate. They have taken to applying policies and procedures that are common among all call centers. They do not care if you leave, the company has become transient and overly strict. If you like being treated like a child, than this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay and over time
Cons
Everyrhing else
Fun place to work, you can learn and grow.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 29, 2016
Global Payments is a multicultural company where you can learn and grow, but your job is subject to yearly reassignments.
Pros
Room for growth.
Cons
Constant turn around.
Hired at the wrong time
Loss Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 18, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Global Payments. The management team was very approachable and willing to work with you on your paths to success within and outside of the company. The only downside was I was hired in the midst of a merger and the office where i was hired was closed in the merger.
Pros
friendly and helpful staff, flexible scheduling, comparable pay, great benefits
Cons
Hired and a month later they announced the location was closing
Great Place to Work
Domestic Help Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 13, 2016
Fun And Productive with room for growth and they always hire from within.
thorough training classes always keeping their employees updated
with changes in the systems we used such as programs, computors, headsets etc , they constantly
they have amazing employee recognition ideas and constantly celebrate their employees and always follow through with incentives
which helps keep up the moral of working at Global Payment, and makes it a fun place to work and they make you feel appreciated at Global Payments
Global Payments Inc
Data Entry Specialist/ Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was ability to work remotely.
Great co-workers, worked off team work and team building.
follow up's are very important to every task.
Management team for Global Payments are always available for open suggestions and questions.
Pros
working from home
Cons
not about to visually interact with co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Payments. Our community is ready to answer.