We are seeking an outstanding, experienced, part-time Communications Specialist to build our international community of educators, and develop content and communications strategies for Global Peace Education, the education division of Global Peace Foundation.
Global Peace Education aims to transform the global education system so that it is relevant in today’s world. We work with educators to empower students with the values and 21st century competencies needed to be successful in all aspects of life, and in the global economy.
*Please read the "How to Apply" section before submitting your materials.
- A communications expert, storyteller, strategic thinker, driver, emergent leader, innovative problem-solver, life-long learner, international team player, and passionate advocate.
- A highly skilled professional who will be an active and meaningful part of a small but strong team, in an innovative organization creating change on a global scale.
- Knowledgeable about the global education system, with a passion to transform it.
- Interested in engaging with us over the long term, on a part-time or retainer basis.
- Design and implement a flexible and sustainable international communications strategy. Build on our branding, messaging, website, social media, printed marketing, international media outreach, product information development, speech writing, newsletters, and more.
- Design and implement an online strategy with compelling content.
- Build a global, online community of educators through our website and social media.
- Improve our branding. Work with teams in various countries to implement and maintain a consistent, clear, unified global brand.
- Perfect our messaging. As our storyteller, move messaging forward and attach meaning, context and relevance to content received from the field and other sources.
- Document—Working with international team members, creatively identify, capture and share the innovative strategies from the schools we are working with.
- Speak—Perform the role of spokesperson; Interact with international audiences, partners, staff and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Learn—Quickly learn new material, becoming an expert in Global Peace Education’s area of work.
- Innovate— Evaluate current strategies and propose improvements.
- Collaborate—Work closely with teams in various countries, as well as with the parent organization (Global Peace Foundation), aligning with their communications strategy.
YOU ARE A(N):
- Communications expert and storyteller—Online and print content, interviews, branding, SEO, Wordpress, social media streamlining—you name it, you’ve done it. People are drawn to read your compelling, concise content, and your brands are clear, unique, consistent, and elegant. Creative design production, video, and photography skills are a plus.
- Strategic thinker—You deeply understand how to design, implement, and sustain successful communications strategy, with a track record/portfolio to prove it. You have an inquisitive and analytical mind, able to identify opportunities, and bring together trends from varied sources.
- Driver – You get things done, and you’ve shown it through several years of strong experience. Organized and responsive, you take ownership of every project you take on and see it through completely, never losing sight of either the big picture or the details.
- Emergent leader -- When faced with a challenge, you are confident enough to step in and take the lead. However, you can also recognize when you should step back and let someone else lead.
- Innovative problem-solver – Working in a young organization comes with huge and persistent challenges, but you have the necessary determination and tenacity. You are flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, efficiently, and with the tools at hand.
- Life-long learner – You believe you can always improve. You welcome constructive criticism and openly provide it to others.
- International team member—You thrive while working on a diverse team, and have traveled internationally. You can dynamically integrate your work with the work of other team members.
- Passionate Advocate – You profoundly believe in the value of our work.
Education: Bachelors Degree (Masters Preferred); degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
Experience: 5-10 years of demonstrated success with multi-channel communications experience, preferably in an international setting.
HOW TO APPLY: After doing a thorough review of our websites (see below), please submit your resume with a personalized cover letter telling us why you are the best choice for this position, with specific references to the skills required in this job posting, as well as the content on our website. Applications without personalized cover letters will not be considered. Send materials to Martha Burwell, Global Operations, at education.operations(at)globalpeace.org
DETAILS: Location: just North of Seattle, Washington. This is a part-time (20-25 hours/week) position, on a long-term retainer basis. Continuation of retainer is contingent upon delivering specific milestones.
MORE INFO: www.leadin.org (In particular Programs) and www.globalpeace.org
*Please note, we are soon transitioning from “LeadIn” to our new brand and website “Global Peace Education”. www.globalpeace.org/education is coming soon!
Global Peace Foundation (GPF) is an international, non-religious, non-political NGO. GPF's vision is to help people from different backgrounds (socio-economic, sectors, nationality, race, culture, faith, tribal, etc.) come together and work towards solving complex social problems with new innovative approaches.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Global Peace Foundation (GPF) is a non-religious, non-political NGO. GPF's vision is to help people from different backgrounds...