Location: Los Angeles, CA
Are you a multitalented web development rockstar who is passionate about creating the best in class web solutions? Do you work well as part of a team, respecting & engaging the creative talents of others? Then this Technical Lead/Web Developer opportunity is perfect for you!
Global Rebels Inc.’s Downtown Los Angeles office is hiring! Global Rebels Inc. produces and provides the most stylish and trendy Rock Star gear on the Internet. Founded in 2006 by legendary fashion industry designer Christopher Wicks, Global Rebels quickly established itself by offering unique fashions designed with style and flair by those who dress real rock stars. Today, Global Rebels sells directly to the public leading brands that include DaVinci, John Lennon, the Scott Weiland Collection, Lennon McCartney, Jimi Hendrix, Falling Angel, Xisses, Rock and Roll Religion, Fender, Rhino UK, and Vintage Concert Tees.
In this Los Angeles office, you’ll work alongside super-creative people who are passionate about fashion. Your technical strategy will transform business requirements into eye-catching, vibrant web solutions. Your eclectic mix of programming skills and object oriented practices will differentiate your work from the crowd. Your ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems will ensure that the website always operates at its optimal best. With your forward thinking, you will design technology and processes that help the company grow.
So if you are this person, then we welcome you to work in our casual dress-code office alongside some of the most creative minds in fashion!!
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in IT
- Proficient in web-based systems (a minimum of 3 years of experience with eCommerce technology) - a demonstrated portfolio is required.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, PHP) stack and Zend Framework.
- Experience with open source platforms such as Magento, Zen Cart, Drupal, Joomlaa etc
- Knowledge of extension integration into Magento web store a plus
- Knowledge of Magento web store optimization techniques a plus
- Webmaster experience is a plus
- Interface experience (XML) is a plus
- Understanding of Web analytics and SEO techniques is a plus
- Project management experience and a strong knowledge of project management and SDLC concepts
- Performs a wide variety of tasks, under minimal direction, on multiple projects. A great degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Proven innovative thinker with ability to work flexible hours in a high-pressure, fast-paced environmentStrong initiative, commitment, and a positive, "whatever" it takes attitude
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree with concentration in IT, Computer Science, or similar is preferred
- Magento Developer Certification preferred
Please respond with your resume, salary requirement and a link to your online portfolio or samples of your work.