Global Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Comapny cares for employees
Controller/Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
Good company to work for with great benefits, and good working conditions. they take good care of their employees. there is a lot of travelling to other client sites.
I have learned a lot working for this company due to their processes, and systems
Pros
Great Company, Great Boss
Cons
Going Through a Merger & will loose majority shares
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 7, 2016
The work is hard and demanding, but is incredibly rewarding in terms of value conferred upon clients and personal financial rewards.
Pros
Helping others, Getting paid very wel to do it
Cons
Travel can be rough. Supervisors demand 24/7 excellence
Priceless with Financial Rewards
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 18, 2016
The opportunity to work with small business owners and change the lives of these people who have everything they own on the line every day, is priceless. You have a chance to communicate honestly with small business owners about their business, and talk about things employees, friends and family, can't and won't.
The self satisfaction you feel can not be measured and the financial rewards are only limited by your own drive, ego and needs. Being a successful analyst is like joining a group of elite professionals.
Pros
Opportunity to help me help you and change lives.
Cons
This is not a job! It is a career, but only for a select group of people. It requires a special skill set. It's hard work.
Flying All The Time
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
If you're looking to fly all the time to make a difference in people's businesses then this is something you like to get into.

You call in to the office in Chicago, then wait for the next job to land, go online print out your flight tickets, get background on what the business is and how it can overcome the obstacles it has.

Fly to the location, get settled in the hotel, go to the appointment, go over their financials, survey the employees, and the family as well as the business as a whole.

Next day present the findings and how the company can help cut back on some spending or if there is any loss then have the business owner decide what he would like to do in order to change for the better.

Finalize everything and collect payment/retainer. Call the office and have the company take over the business.

Call the office again and call in for the next job.
Pros
Free flights, free drinks, travel
Cons
workaholic
Incredible experience
HR Director of Benefits (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 8, 2015
The company was sold to health south so was forced to look elsewhere. A young group of upbeat people who were positive influences and supportive. Ability to promote quickly and learn a lot about being in the working world.
Lack of work/life balance
Sr. Business Analyst (Sales Oriented) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL.November 19, 2015
Most time spent on the road. I learned to stay mentally tough despite not having many resources. I learned there's typically always someone trying to take your job, and that's ok. Working for a company based out of Chicago and living elsewhere made communication times left up to me and to be resourceful to get basic needs met. I learned not to put too much emphasis on money.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Lack of technology (adapting with the times)
Great hands-on broad scope IT opportunity
LEAD IT Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  CT and NYOctober 7, 2015
On time and On contract specific

Hands on Contract Specific Network Peripheral Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting

Support Contractors are consistent professionals with Aptitude

Hardest part of the job is Some light Travel Required

Most enjoyable part of the job is the Some Light Travel Required
Pros
On time and On contract specific
Cons
n/a
Provided good short- and long-term staffing work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Everyone I interacted with was nice and helpful. Unfortunately, it seems that the company went under some time in the past year.
Finding where the money is leaking out
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 5, 2014
Too Much Travel.
Did not care for the niche of companies and people I was working with.
I was promised less travel, and I was traveling 6 days per week. I was recruited with the understanding that I was not able to travel 99% of the time.
Stay away from Global Resources.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 10, 2014
Global Resources is a nationwide business consulting services business. The employees travel 100% nationwide and never know where you will be tomorrow. The travel is very hard because you will run through airports, miss flights, get bumped off of flights, miss meals, sleep in airports......Global Resources operates on client control, keeping the hopes of the clients high with promises of what can be if you do what we say and all at very high costs to the client with little actual return. They prey on business with financial trouble and will stay at the location as long the company has account receivables, money in the bank or credit card availability. Stay away from this company. They do not pay the traveling employees as agreed. They change their name often so you cant find them later on the web. They give out phone numbers to clients that no one ever answers. They tell the traveling employees not to leave any documents at the clients.
Pros
consulting school and training.
Cons
putting pressure on clients to collect money when they have none.
Easing going and flexible assignments
Contract Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TexasMarch 25, 2014
This organization provides contract technicians with flexible schedules which is awesome for students or stay-at-home parents who need extra income but cannot commit to a full-time job. They pay very good for the job being done, and they compensate any expense as well. I would highly recommend working for this organization if given the opportunity.
Terrible place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Terrible. Poor training and high expectation. 95+ % attrition in first year. Many never make any sales. I made a couple. Hated the business model.
Not Much To Do
PC Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2014
The pay and jobs assignments were just fine. It is the frequency of work assigned and getting paid that are the issues!
Pros
make your own schedule.
Cons
not much work, hard to get them to pay.
Good pay and exactly what was expected.
Project Consultant / Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJDecember 17, 2013
This is a part-time, on-call job that has been exactly as it was explained to me. Most jobs are rather easy, simple hardware replacement and troubleshooting that only take an hour or two. Jobs have a two hour pay minimum, ie... if you work 30 mins you still get paid for two hours. Management has been extremely helpful when needed.
a good short term place
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
I learned time management
The people I worked with were great
Positive Support
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Unlimited potential based on performance. A rewarding experience to impact our clients quality of life as well as increase their profitability.
Excellent company to work for and gain experience
Computer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2013
I report in to company bridge line, log on to company computer, and monitor company network and servers in the communications room.
In my time with Global Resources, I've learned how to work with the company help desk to trouble shoot company workstations and assist users with any issues they might have with company laptops. I also monitor the functioning of company servers, routers, and switches.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the help desk and learning new thing daily.
Pros
gaining work experience and learning new things
Cons
work is normally one day a week and not consistent
Fun all day.
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  NY, NY CT, Weschester County,June 3, 2013
Great place and great people to work for. • Install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot.
• Install and manage network connections.
• Install and configure system components.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
i would love to work full time.
Not a fun place to work
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJMarch 26, 2013
I just had one job assignment with this company. So, I didn't particularly enjoy it at all.
contract work
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2012
this was a great company to work for . but you never knew when you would have work again. i would love to work for this company full time if i ever had the opportunity