Global Resources

Global Resources Employer Reviews

Stay away from Global Resources.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: consulting school and training.
Cons: putting pressure on clients to collect money when they have none.
Global Resources is a nationwide business consulting services business. The employees travel 100% nationwide and never know where you will be tomorrow. The travel is very hard because you will run through airports, miss flights, get bumped off of flights, miss meals, sleep in airports......Global Resources operates on client control, keeping the hopes – more... of the clients high with promises of what can be if you do what we say and all at very high costs to the client with little actual return. They prey on business with financial trouble and will stay at the location as long the company has account receivables, money in the bank or credit card availability. Stay away from this company. They do not pay the traveling employees as agreed. They change their name often so you cant find them later on the web. They give out phone numbers to clients that no one ever answers. They tell the traveling employees not to leave any documents at the clients. – less
Easing going and flexible assignments
Contract Technician (Current Employee), Tyler, TexasMarch 25, 2014
This organization provides contract technicians with flexible schedules which is awesome for students or stay-at-home parents who need extra income but cannot commit to a full-time job. They pay very good for the job being done, and they compensate any expense as well. I would highly recommend working for this organization if given the opportunity.
Terrible place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Terrible. Poor training and high expectation. 95+ % attrition in first year. Many never make any sales. I made a couple. Hated the business model.
Not Much To Do
PC Consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule.
Cons: not much work, hard to get them to pay.
The pay and jobs assignments were just fine. It is the frequency of work assigned and getting paid that are the issues!
typical day at work
Payroll Technician/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Good pay and exactly what was expected.
Project Consultant / Field Tech (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, NJDecember 17, 2013
This is a part-time, on-call job that has been exactly as it was explained to me. Most jobs are rather easy, simple hardware replacement and troubleshooting that only take an hour or two. Jobs have a two hour pay minimum, ie... if you work 30 mins you still get paid for two hours. Management has been extremely helpful when needed.
a good short term place
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
I learned time management
The people I worked with were great
Positive Support
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Unlimited potential based on performance. A rewarding experience to impact our clients quality of life as well as increase their profitability.
Excellent company to work for and gain experience
Computer Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2013
Pros: gaining work experience and learning new things
Cons: work is normally one day a week and not consistent
I report in to company bridge line, log on to company computer, and monitor company network and servers in the communications room.
In my time with Global Resources, I've learned how to work with the company help desk to trouble shoot company workstations and assist users with any issues they might have with company laptops. I also monitor the functioning – more... of company servers, routers, and switches.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the help desk and learning new thing daily. – less
Fun all day.
Help Desk (Current Employee), NY, NY CT, Weschester County,June 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: i would love to work full time.
Great place and great people to work for. • Install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot.
• Install and manage network connections.
• Install and configure system components.
Not a fun place to work
PC Tech (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 26, 2013
I just had one job assignment with this company. So, I didn't particularly enjoy it at all.
contract work
PC Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2012
this was a great company to work for . but you never knew when you would have work again. i would love to work for this company full time if i ever had the opportunity
This company is a sham.
SBA (Former Employee), CANovember 12, 2012
Folks, before you apply do some research on this company to find out the kinds of issues reported.

This company is a sham, they send you to clients who absolutely do not want to see you and then your manager/SSD berates you for not being able to sell to the client.

They go the extra length to convince you that this is not a sales job, but they measure – more... you on sales. – less
Lots of work for little reward
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee), Western USASeptember 10, 2012
High pressure sales with lots of travel
Front door to overpriced consulting services
pleasant personalities
Contract Job
Contract Pc Technician (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 8, 2012
I was working for this company as a contract PC repair tech for Chase Bank. Global would call me, ask if I were available to do the job, and delivery to part onsite. I would arrive at the bank, do the break fix, and call them when I was done to count my hours worked.
Great IT contract work
IT Computer Refresh Specilalist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2012
Loved the flexibility and compensation for doing work I love to do.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), NorwayJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free digs and free meals
Hard work and long hours , but well worth it for experience gained
I found Global Resources to be helpful and understanding of the problems we encounter in the field.
Barge Engineer/OIM (Former Employee), SingaporeJanuary 16, 2013
Cons: long hours
Always helpful and suportive.

I had no actual working hours, I had a project to complete which I accomplished it meant working very long hours but I was well rewarded.

About Global Resources

GTRI was founded in 1998, and has quickly become one of the leading high-end solutions providers and technology consulting firms – Read more