Global Security Employee Reviews in United States

It was a very relaxed but small busy office..we had our own poker tables and media room where they would let us watch major sporting events etc..
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2016
I excelled at Global for over 5 yrs..in that time I had to learn every aspect of running the office..from the front desk to sales orders etc..I loved it because I was constantly busy.
I trained all incoming office staff on our software and other office responsibilities.
No 2 days in a row were alike..

They really strive to help our customers and are constantly bringing in new Technology..keeping up with the rest of the world!

The office was very low key, some employees were even allowed to bring their dogs to work.

They have been in business for almost 30 yrs so they are doing something right! .
Pros
You could wear jeans to work!
Great people to work with but horrible management
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 9, 2016
I accepted this job because I was in need of a job badly. But to begin they make you pay for uniform which doesn't even have their logo on it and are horrible which comes to 450 out of your pay check. Then make you pay for parking which is 40 a month (20 of each check). Their scheduling is a day to day basis. You won't know what you're doing the next day till later in day. There's 1 to 4 hour gaps in between shifts so you can be stuck in the airport for 3 hours waiting for the next flight you're scheduled for to come in. So if you don't care about all that I've mentioned go ahead. They'll give you the hours but expect them to overwork you.
Pros
Great employees to work with, people that work for the airlines are usually great people to get along with.
Cons
Make you pay for uniform amd parking. Gaps in between shifts. Unorganized
Terrible company
JFK Airport Security Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
This company was terrible to it's employees when I worked there. No health benefits meant high doctor bills when I got sick.
Pros
I lost 50lbs because I couldn't afford food with the checks I received, makes you work out (run to your posts)
Cons
Scheduling was horrible and based on flights, false promises of a raise after review, false promises of small bonus after passing inspections, pay wasn't enough compared to dangers of working at a high terrorist target, no benefits whatsoever.
meetting new people
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
It was a fun and exciting place to work
working on the air craft seeing plans close up for the first time
meeting new people of different race
we did not get over time or hours my cheak was allways short hours they didn"t pay well at all was not worth coming from the city to o"hare
Pros
learning the aircraft
Cons
no breaks or over time short hours on my cheak
secretaria
Secretaria (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMay 11, 2016
Yo era solo una secretaria me encantaba mi trabajo
Tenia que bregar con programas de computación y programas word para hacer cartas
Hacer y entrar cheques en diferentes puestos
Contestar llamadas
Mi jefe era espectacular muy bueno, en realidad no tengo ninguna queja de mi jefe y mucho menos del trabajo que hacia
Awesome!
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  IAD Dulles AirportJune 15, 2016
Best job ever! The managers are awesome and everyone else is as well. Sucks you have to pay for the uniform and parking but this is for pretty much every job! It was a great job. I was sad I had to leave because I moved.
Pros
Great management!
Cons
Paying for uniform!
good company
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 1, 2016
good company to work for, would go back to work for global, recommend other to global, securing the aircraft at ramp and door, securing catering, good company and management,
Pros
good company
Cons
No Cons
A company in transition
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 3, 2016
This is a company reinventing itself after 130 years. Senior management needs to lead by example and not show profit by slashing budgets where corners are cut
3 years and counting...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 25, 2013
It's a job. I've seen the wrong people get pushed around and the laziest employees get praised. I was promised lots of raises when they hired me and cancelled some interviews to take the job. In the beginning when I was hired I was told right away I would be working full time. It took 3 weeks after the initial event I worked at before I got a schedule, which made me regret not taking those other interviews. You do learn from your mistakes. Don't expect a good reference from them if you do work there, I have been here for almost 3 years so if they bad mouth me I personally think the new employer would just ask himself why I'm still on the schedule for 3 years if I'm so awful. Of course I hope the new jobs don't call them but I don't want to throw a red flag by telling them not to.
Not a bad company to start with.
PSO (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2016
Company has some good owners, but there is a bit of misdirection and misunderstandings with job specific materials. Not a huge company. May be a good place to start for a year or two until something better comes along.
good work enviroment
Senior Logistics Coordinator/IT (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 26, 2016
good job, I would recommend this positon to a family member or anyone else. Hopefully you get hired with this company. A typical day would consist of a nice work environment
Fun place to work at.
Security (Current Employee) –  DFW AirportApril 15, 2015
Its a great environment if you like working near aircrafts. The aiport is a fun place to work at. I have learned a lot by working here.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No benefits
stay busy all around the clock
Armed Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
if you like to stay on your feet and intervein with tenits within a gated community and where team work makes the dream work this is the place to be.
Pros
overall a good place to work
Cons
overall a good place to work
Work is okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHMay 15, 2015
Typical work day would be me sitting, waiting for someone to arrive so I can allow them on site.
I learned more about how a rig works and what the Oil and Gas company has to go through
Management is okay, some days are better than others.
I never really see any co-workers.
The hardest part would be sitting and waiting for 12 hours. Sometimes you never have anyone show up and other times you never have time to stop moving.
The most enjoyable part would be meeting all the new people and making a good impression.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Waiting for 12 hours
N/a
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 24, 2015
the job and work area is alright the management can be better, and stuff can be handled easier and smoother, and can have some more professional duty managers
Its a good starter security job but needs some improvement
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  ewr airportAugust 22, 2012
coworkers are cool its just the management needs improvement. they dont do raises or direct deposits.
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 16, 2012
my typical day is doing over nights and making sure the people who work where im working and guest feel safe. The people i work with and my boss are great people they have made this a very fun experience.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
pay and benefits
No advancement
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2013
You can get all the hours you want but no raise. Most of the employees were very friendly at the Schnucks I worked at.
Pros
overtime
Cons
working hoolidays
Amazing company!
Aviation Operations (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 6, 2015
This is a fantastic company with great management at the corporate level on down. They are fair and always make sure I am informed. I look forward to going to work each day and enjoy going the extra mile when called upon.
Pros
Great Culture, Interesting, Exciting
Cons
I have nothing to critique
Bad Company
Silvia Quiroz Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
This company is incompetent in telling employees the truth about no support from Management. My experiences working for this company was a competes mistake it was the worst experience of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Security. Our community is ready to answer.