Global Security

Global Security Employer Reviews

It is not very productive.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am going home. The hardest part is staying safe. My co-workers are not very helpful.
Good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 13, 2015
You go from oil field site to oil field site checking on pipelines and the equipment. They provide you with their company vehicle to use for your shift.
Job best for part-time
Security Agent (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: various job assignments to learn from.
Cons: few hours, penny pinching higher-ups, wasteful time spent at jobs.
Office personnel drag their feet getting new-hires signed up for trainings and classes, management penny pinches and does anything to reduce payment of agents, coordinators call at the last minute for jobs late into the night, company cars are misused by office personnel with no repercussions, vehicles are forbidden from idling in the winter time, supervisors speed in vehicles with no repercussions, mailed paychecks take up to a week to arrive, hours are specifically kept below 30 or 40 hours between pay periods, no field positions provide 40 hours, field workers are not compensated for lost time or resources, field workers are forced to use POV to drive to job sites 45-70 miles instead of company vehicles, including paying tolls and gas out of pocket, with little chance of payroll noting such expenses.
what ive learned about the security job.
Security Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
ive learned that don't let anyone be higher then you. securing the aircraft isn't easy you have to take it very seriously on this job site. because you never know what can find.
The perfect part time jon
Fugitive Recover Assistant (Current Employee), Crofton, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great money for part time work
This job is great you can make your own hours. You can pick and choose the hunts you want to take on. The boss is wonderful very professional.
it was a great job while it lasted it needs more contracts
security guard (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2014
i would go back to work for them when asked.

when it pics up more contracts to give me hours
Great Temporary
Security Guard (Current Employee), Guernsey County, OhioOctober 8, 2014
Great pay and easy job. Management is not flexible or friendly. They don't care whether they keep employees long or not.
Work
Security Agent JFK (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 16, 2014
I had a great time working for this company due to the fact that there was always something new to learn and being a security agent means you have to be alert at all times
Exciting, rapidly changing environment.
Event Security (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: very entertaining, high octane, meet great people
Cons: dangerous, no breaks
Being event security I had to cover assigned areas and maintain and safe environment. Covering doors, checking I.D's and performing security pat downs.

I learned how to rely on the communication with peers to effectively achieve goals. I learned that you always have to keep your focus on the task and not the event itself. Being able to construct tactical plans.
Productive Workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Selma, ALSeptember 8, 2014
This was a very laid back job. I basically just patrolled the college campus and worked the security booth.
Solid Company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Butler, PAJune 24, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. It is well-run and mission-oriented.
Fun
Security Agent (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free movie
Cons: not full time
Enjoyed working at Movie Theater dealing with guess. and dealing with customer.
awesome place to work
Security Agent (Former Employee), jfk airportJanuary 18, 2014
great environment to work in, you meet many different passengers in the aviation industry everyday. I always go to work expecting something. I love the energy. great workers and management team.
Good JOB
security officer (Former Employee), PasadenaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: experiences
Cons: check
Dont pay on time. Pay check with no funds. Never work there!!!
love staying busy and like being around people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: there were times we had some great food
Cons: the hours were not always there to pay the bills
Enjoyed the work ,i like bring around people , there were longer hours sometimes we work 60 hours a week, seen a few famous people and i stayed busy and i like that.
excellent company
Security Escort (Former Employee), San Juan, PRNovember 30, 2013
great job experience, they take care of employees
team work
Its an ok job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNNovember 5, 2013
Pros: free gas
Cons: overtime
Working for global security as a supervisor you learned how to communicate with other people ,a typical day of work consists of making out work schedules ,patrolling the areas ,keeping up with daily logs making sure that my workers where at there posted at all times checking in out on the radio making sure they kept out with who entered and left the areas,the hardest part of the job was people stealing from the job and having to chase them down ,the enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the company/
an unique experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: airport experience
Cons: weather extremities.
an unique experience. Very good job. Nice place to work in. Friendly co workers.
Walking around and in Residents homes and parking garage
Courtesy Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2013
Weather was key and rude resiadents who always wanted special treatment against rules and regulations was rough.
Excellent Learning Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 27, 2013
Pros: business owner was an exceptional motivator and good person
Cons: didn't agree with how some of the customers were treated
I didn't know I was going to an interview for selling security systems. I thought I was going to be selling electronic components for AT&T. It turns out they sold a wireless security system manufactured by AT&T.
Little did I know I would spend 20+ years in this industry. haha
I learned "Hard close" sales techniques. I quickly learned I would need to modify these techniques if I wanted to feel good about myself. So, I instead learned to treat my customers exactly how I would want to be treated by the sales person. This translated to empathy, patience, listening skills, reading body language and staying in touch with my customer through the sales process.

This combined with a willingness to work hard and long hours resulted in my achieving Sales Leader of the Month the first 7 out of 9 months on the sales team.

Ultimately, I decided to part ways within a year of employment as I didn't agree with how the customers were being treated.

About Global Security

GlobalSecurity.org is focused on innovative approaches to the emerging security challenges of the new millennium. The organization – Read more

Global Security Salaries