GTN (www.gtn.com) specializes in providing Expatriate and Foreign National tax consulting and preparation services. Our niche is providing services to value driven clients of all sizes, with a focus on emerging to mid-sized international assignment programs.
At GTN, you will be part of true entrepreneurial culture. We focus on what is important….providing the best service we can to meet the needs of our clients. We work in a casual atmosphere….with leading-edge resources and technologies. We take initiative, ownership and pride in everything we do. As a result, GTN is a place where you will be valued for your contributions and results.
We are looking for genuine and passionate individuals who appreciate that we do the meaningful things well. We are building a great company together….one committed to intelligent growth for our employees, clients, and future.
Our hard work is paying off. We were named the 2012 U.S. Tax/Legal Services Provider of the Year by the Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) for the second year in a row. We are experiencing unprecedented growth. Our future is bright; be part of the excitement! Get in on the growth – catch us now!
The Senior Manager / Director role in LA is needed to focus on business development in the area as well as the consutling needs for our clients. This position is responsible for advising clients on the individual and social tax implications of their international assignment population as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. In order to accomplish this, the Senior Manager / Director will direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with our clients.
- Possess and continually increase understanding of complex expatriate tax issues.
- Coordinate and deliver accurate, quality US tax returns for assignees and coordinate worldwide foreign tax filings, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the delivery of various Global Mobility and other Tax services offered by the firm in a proactive manner that meets/exceeds client expectations.
- Review international assignment-related calculations such as tax cost projections, tax equalization calculations, hypothetical tax calculations, etc.
- Conduct/review research on various topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/application, regulatory issues, and payroll matters; prepare/review the related communications for the client.
- Develop the client's understanding of US and foreign tax, compensation and payroll issues and proactively explain implications of recent law changes.
- Assist Managing Director by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, and identifying new business opportunities to grow the LA market.
- Bachelor's Degree. Master’s and CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of international assignment tax experience. Consulting and compliance experience required.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Global mindset; awareness of cultural differences, supportive of diversity, business and service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with ability to see the “big picture”.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous experience working as a remote employee.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Working from a home office.
- Individual recognition for your contributions and results.
- The opportunity to join a growing firm.