GlobalMRV offers an entrepreneurial opportunity for a Software Engineer to work with in an advancing field of green house gas prevention, vehicle analysis, and mobile fleet management. The ideal Software Engineer would thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, in which their contribution to application development would help the company continue to maintain its competitive advantage in the vehicle analysis arena.
Global MRV strives to provide a distributed vehicle network management solution that delivers the fastest, most scalable, and comprehensive real-time monitoring, troubleshooting and performance reporting solution by ensuring application performance and reliability.
The company was founded in 1999 and purchased by eager investors in 2011 due to their insight in the company’s reputation and incredible growth potential. The combination of real-world experience, academic insight, and innovative designs have enabled Global MRV to develop vehicle diagnostic and modeling applications easier, faster and more affordable than ever before.
Overview of the role:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for full life cycle development of client side applications with emphasis on front-end development. Distributed software will be developed over multiple operating systems for both computers and personal electronics.
Common Job Responsibilities for Software Engineer:
1. Full lifecycle application development
2. Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
3. Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis
4. Software modeling and simulation
5. Software testing and quality assurance
6. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, and automation.
7. Support, maintain and document software functionality
8. Integrate software with existing systems
9. Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
10. Project Planning and Project Management
11. Maintain standards compliance
12. Implement localization or globalization of software
Work experience and skills requirements
Key Skills: C/C++, PHP, LabVIEW
Positions available from 1+ years of experience to senior level.
- Advanced troubleshooting/debugging abilities
- The ability to pick up new libraries, frameworks, methodologies quickly
- Experience with database driven applications and SQL programming
- Good sense of humor and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Skilled in Application Development tools (to be discussed)
- Experience with distributed systems and network technologies
- Experience with SOAP/XML, HTML, CSS, and other web technologies
- Experience with Glib, STL, Boost, and other C/C++ technologies
- MySQL, especially large scale deployments
Soft Skills Requirement:
- Adaptable, flexible, and open minded personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team and be self-sufficient
- Good people skills and ability to deal with all levels of personnel and senior management
- Ability to clearly communicate technical details to both experts and novices
Education and Training Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer related subject or able to demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Formal training and appropriate certifications in network technologies
- Formal software engineering training and software design methods and techniques.