Keywords: High Availability, Authentication, Authorization, HTML5, CSS3, NoSQL, OAuth, OTP, Smart cards, Cryptography, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, TLS, DNSSEC, SOA, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, X509, OCSP, CRL, PKI, ASN1, Linux, Unix, NginX, Apache, Node.js, Java, Security.
Who we are
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
What we’re going to do
The web has changed a lot since 1996 but how we bootstrap trust on it has not changed much. We are going to fix that.
Who we’re looking for
We are building an additional engineering team here in the Seattle area and need developers who feel comfortable on both the front and back-end. People that loves learning new stuff, self-starters — true creative problem solvers. We want someone who knows behavior between and across browsers, best practices, and when and it and is not okay to use an OnClick event. Someone who believes tested code is happy code, that when done right security can enable new scenarios, that APIs should be easy to consume and that a well thought out platform is significant part of a projects success.
Skills & Experience
- 2 years dynamic / scripting language programming, with background in Java and C++ programming preferred.
- 1+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of "Unix/Linux like" architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Experience with one or more server-side languages and frameworks especially Java, Node.js and PHP.
- Interest in developing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, and usability in mind.
- Experience working with Linux, Apache, and relational databases. Bonus points for having written your own stored procedure before.
- Experience developing software in a professional environment, including source control, bug tracking, unit testing
- Understanding of security risks and secure software development.
- Understanding of the similarities and differences across browsers (both young and old).
- Love your version control (Git preferably).
- Enjoys prototyping and iterating stuff.
- Bonus points for speaking Japanese.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume, salary requirements, and some examples of the work that you’re most proud of.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
Local candidates only and no recruiters please.
There is no sponsorship or relocation allowance for this position.