You have a passion for organization and optimization. You believe in process. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with clients and users directly to understand their needs.
We're looking for a skilled front-end/open-source developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of web application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of front-end web interface engineering, an ability to design and build solid architecture that integrates with other systems and technologies, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring web application front-ends with an MVC framework.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include front-end engineering; the hand coding of web-based applications and web pages; leveraging technologies such as HTML5, JQuery, CSS/LESS, REST, PHP/MVC; performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and other developers.
- Working with other front-end developers to create seamless user experiences
- Developing and testing PHP, MySQL and Zend PHP/MVC based back-ends
- Working with the other back-end development team to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
- Contributing own sense of visual integrity, animation timing and flow
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years experience building PHP/MySQL web applications, preferably using a MVC framework like Zend
- Working knowledge of Linux, Apache and MySQL.
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building Magento stores: developing custom themes, developing custom modules, implementing 3rd party extensions
- Writing unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc.)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers
- Experience modifying and extending open-source software such as content management systems and e-commerce platforms
- Musical or other creative talents
- Proficiency in Photoshop
Must be located in New York City Area.
GlobalWorks is a new take on the old advertising agency, built around the idea that the world is flat – that technology has erased the traditional boundaries of culture and communication. GlobalWorks provides efficient, effective, and cutting-edge digital marketing solutions to clients around the world. Making the most of current technologies, market trends, and digital best practices, we design, build, and optimize websites, mobile apps, and a variety of other technology solutions for our clients.
With an office overlooking Madison Square Park on 5th Avenue in Manhattan - the heart of “Silicon Alley” - and a team representing over 30 different countries and cultures, GlobalWorks provides a unique and fun opportunity to build truly world-class technology solutions.