GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

A leading semiconductor foundry
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYAugust 14, 2016
Compensation is great (I'm in Malta Fab 8), combined with relatively low living cost in here, that means more bang for the buck. People in my team have work-life balance, they work hard and with passion. You'll be surrounded with people with deep experience in semiconductor industry here. A lot of opportunity and things to learn in this place. This is a young company and things were pretty turbulent in the beginning. However, they are getting better recently and it is only moving upward from now. The general feel is that morale has been improving significantly.
Pros
Young company with a lot of opportunity and potential.
Cons
You have to work hard.
Uses motivated, energetic workers, and drains them quickly
Sr. Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 25, 2016
Company has a bright future if managed well and if they take care of employees properly.
Constantly pulled many ways in terms of priorities. They are always shifting, so this makes it tough to advance and make much progress.
Great management and coworkers are now getting rare
Pros
Job stability, opportunities for promotions
Cons
Work life balance, compensation, promotions/bonuses barely exist.
Review Global Foundries
Staff Technician (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 20, 2016
Global Foundries is a semiconductor company that adheres to strict safety regulations, production and manufacturing guidelines. The semiconductor industry is a very regulated industry and global foundries is trying very hard to succeed in this industry.
I work at the GF site in Fishkill, NY and this is a very mature team of semiconductor professionals that are trying to compete with the semiconductor manufacturers in the far east which makes this very competitive.
Overall, I have no complaints regarding employment with GF.
Pros
Compensation, time off
Cons
not enough work in the fab.
Great Co-workers
Senior Manufacturing Technician Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 16, 2016
The Co-workers there are awesome people who are always willing to help and teach you if you want it. Other then that the job is awful. Management is never on the same page with each other so your always going to get yelled at for not doing what your suppose to do even though it is what your suppose to do. The pay is ok at best but there is no bonuses or raises what so ever. The CEO of the company pretty much said that they are going to close the doors of the burlington site in 2019.
Pros
Great and smart Co-workers
Place sux
Production operator/ lead (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTSeptember 14, 2016
Dont work here, Our last raise was from 12-20 cents depending on your performance. There is no room to move up, no one cares, and place might be gone soon as well, who knows, who cares
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
An interesting company in semiconductor world
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 8, 2016
I belong in a team with very friendly colleagues who are going the extra mile to help and teach me the basics when I just joined the company. Work life balance is great and there is great flexibility. Pay is another strong point here (Malta, Fab 8). My manager is super awesome and understanding. People work hard and most people are passionate about what they do. The most enjoyable part of my work is the working together with my colleagues as a team to bring this company to an even better place.
Pros
Great pay, great team, strong future potential
Cons
Work can be very challenging and you must work hard to succeed
No future
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMarch 21, 2016
co workers are nice, but management doesn't care how hard you work. you get promoted by how long you with the company not by your performance.
Pros
working enviorment
Cons
benefits, management, stress level high
Great job good co workers
Sr. Electrical Failure Analysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 4, 2016
I really like working in my area. I am owner of my work and feel accomplished at the end of the day. I have learned a few new things here but I have given more than I have received in training and knowledge . My co-workers are great and like in all places some difficult ones . The silo's is the down fall and cover up with lack of transparency make it hard to do the right things. This is due to the missing culture of the company and in some ocations the wrong leader selection. The most ejoyable part is the work that I do.
Pros
New company
Cons
Lack of culture
Average place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 3, 2016
Hardest part of the job is morale. Morale is low, and keeps getting lower. Pay is respectable, livable. Much room for improvement in the way temps are converted to permanent employees. Work/life balance is good.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Hours, work conditions
Globalfoundries
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 19, 2016
I love working for this company. It's so culturally diverse and super high tech. But I do not feel like everyone has a voice at this company. That's common with like every large company though. I think this place would be better off if they let a few drama queens go, but that's anywhere.

It really is an amazing job though, they just need better management.
About the company
SENIOR MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 20, 2015
The company built semiconductors. So I learned about the semiconductor production. As well as the maintenance of the machines that manufactured semiconductors. The management is getting better and its a young company so its still building the culture. Long job hours and short work weeks with little ability for overtime.
Pros
Benefits, time off, Pay
Cons
Long working hours, Job secutity
Company is in financial trouble
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 15, 2015
Struggling to compete with the big players. Too few customers. Wafer production capacity not utilized enough in Dresden or Malta. Company was hiring like crazy 3 months ago and now is laying off good people. Poor management and planning!
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
High risk of more layoffs to come
Poor management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 8, 2016
The management structure leaves much to be desired. For a large company there are a large amount of managers and directors that are vastly incompetent. Poorly defined jobs lead to confusion and hinder the company's ability to move forward. But the pay scale if rather high compared to other jobs in this area.
Lack of overall Stability with the Organization
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Management does not have a focused direction and do not practice what they preach. Work life balance is challenging as there is no overall management direction on core hours. There is a different culture and expectations among all its locations.
Pros
If you are willing to step up the opportunity does exist to drive activities
Cons
No one wants to take responsibility, Work life balance does not exist.
4 rating - good
Wafer Fab Technician (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTFebruary 3, 2016
4 is a good rating, There is always things to improve and make
your work life better.
A typical work day is operating tools, taking direction, helping co-workers. Achieving High quality work. Covering breaks.
Being willing to work wherever needed.
Management is on the floor more and more active in what is needed for the customer.
Helping co-workers and being part of a team is a great part of the Job.
Hardest part of job - Running for 12 hours a day, up to seven miles a day.
Most enjoyable - Completing an objective such as working to get a tool qualified or getting a tool back on line
Pros
Setting you schedule between the 12 hour period.
Cons
12 hours and shorten vacation.
semiconductor Industry
Intern-3D Process Simulation for Advanced Nodes (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 15, 2016
If you want to gain knowledge in semiconductor industry then GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the best place to be in. You get lot of opportunities to interact with other teams. Eventually, you tend to gain knowledge on the whole industry apart from the specific task assigned to you. The co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
productive and good place to work
Maunfacturing (Current Employee) –  Hopewell Jct, NYMarch 31, 2016
my day at work starts at 6:30 am and ends at 7:00 pm. I come into work and crossover with my night shift counter part as to what needs to be done that wasn't finished on night shift. I check my tools and start running my jobs, check my mail. I monitor tools all day for alarms. I learn that a productive day is a good day and when my work is completed with no issues.
Management is very nice and understanding when something is needed. My co workers are all so nice to work with. There is nothing that is hard at my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is to know that I can enjoy the people I work with and know that when the day is over I can come back the next day and do it all over again
Pros
good health care, people are nice
Cons
wish I didnt have to work every other weekend
A good experience.
Sr. Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta,NYDecember 29, 2015
Interesting place to learn new technologies. A open line of communication with upper management. Very repetitive work.
Pros
Salary and training
Cons
Hostile coworkers
No job security
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 16, 2015
Personally, I am not comfortable with a job that fluctuates drastically because of the market. Company cares about image rather than employees. Top Heavy, managers of managers of managers while the low man on the totem pole is denied raises and his work load is increased.
Good company to work for but it's to far for me to travel
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTDecember 6, 2016
I'm a hard worker, I've been working at Globalfoundries for a long time but it's too far for me to travel back and forth. I'm looking for somewhere near my home so that I don't have to travel far in the morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8