GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES United States Employee Reviews

Unbelievably terrible place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: I receive a paycheck
Cons: Management, NCGs, Safety Practices
Hard workers are punished by the laziness and incompetence of co-workers and the engineers. There is a serious issue with manpower as we have been understaffed since day 1 with an unrealistic 'curve' showing how we plan to close the gap in the future. Promises are made by management only to be ignored later. We still do not have the correct safety procedures in place to prevent workers from getting hurt or killed. The pace that's been set by our manning vs production needs is running the risk of burning out the few people who still care enough to do the work. We leverage our vendors far too much for run of the mill issues and then treat them like garbage when they don't meet our insane demands. Honestly if I keep reviewing this place right now I may slit my wrists. If you're a technician avoid this place. Homeless under a bridge is a better option.
Global
CMP Plating Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: awesome work shifts, great food plenty overtime.
Cons: short breaks, smal town and 12 hour shifts.
I am very new to this industry, GlobalFoundries open arms accepted me as one of their own. Awesome experience and many things to learn. Great..
A totally different world inside
Detailer (Current Employee), Malta, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 10 minutes free time to enter and exit cleanroom
typical morning work going to do my work duty, friendly co-workers, nice supervisors, very High tech and good Secure area
"Equipment Technician"
Principal Technician Equipment Engineering (Former Employee), Malta, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: the salary was on point, it brought jobs to the area, i don't work there any more
Cons: globalfoundries
As a Principal Equipment Technician, I went to meetings for the 4 hours of my day. I spent most of my day in meetings when I wasn't in meetings I was creating power point presentations for meetings, often for meetings I wasn't in for engineers in my department because they couldn't make them as they were in meetings and we were understaffed. The management style was too hands off, when there was a problem it was most often " handle it yourself, write an email", unless it was for a "protected class, i.e. EEO then watch out for the hammer of justice, rather the axe of HR. No actual equipment maintenance was done, it was all completed by the equipment supplier, the most we were allowed to do was clear the minor recoveries as the GF employees were incompetent numpties. Engineering teams were often lead by new college grads that had a better grasp at what local bar had the better beer selection rather than what vendor had a better DPML. The most enjoyable part of the job was wondering wat drastic change had occurred between when you left for the weekend and when you came back due to some crazy knee jerk by the MGMT team.
Lots of technical and scientific challanges
Principle Engineer, Advanced Module Engineering (Current Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 31, 2015
It offers a lot of learning opportunities in a very dynamic environment. No day goes by without learning something new and intriguing which sometimes may make it difficult to keep up.
Young company with potential to grow
MTS TD Process Engineer (Former Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee and good management
Cons: some separation from the main site
Overall team I was in was young like company is, so there were some cool co-workers to spend time on weekends as well. Reasonable bonus and some potential to grow in the field.
Good work environment with some growing pains
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 13, 2015
The work environment is generally positive but a little disorganized due to lack of established management, which comes from the Malta location being fairly new compared with most companies.
A place with endless opportunities
Test Technician Engineer (Current Employee), Malta, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: compressed work week
Cons: short breaks
I am very appreciative of being apart of such an incredible company at such a young age. With little experience coming out of school, GLOBALFOUNDRIES took the chance with me and for that I am very thankful. Of coarse everyone has their own opinion, but being so young with little experience I don't have much to compare this company too.
A typical day at work can change from day to day depending on how much production is available. I've learned that you have to keep pushing yourself no matter what obstacles you encounter. As far as management goes, it is a little unorganized, but I think it is because of the company being so new and making changes along the way.
Great place to earn and learn
PRINCIPAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Malta, NYDecember 14, 2014
Leading edge technology.
Plenty of opportunity.
Great people.
Wonderful managers.
Upstate NY is a good place to stay
SMTS (Current Employee), Malta NYOctober 9, 2014
good cafeteria
bad management
still learning how to develop its own technology
Good benefit, many talented workers, but poor management
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: very poor management
It is great place to work good benefit due to poor management the company lost a lot qualified people.
just a mess
engineer (Current Employee), MaltaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: new tools
Cons: value engineering
nothing positive -- senior management, HR, facilities, IT
Horrible management
Employee (Current Employee), Malta, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: new buildings?
Cons: everything except the benefits.
A typical day is disorganized and is usually nothing more than putting out fires that were brought up to management 6 months ago.
Overall good place to work. Only thing that is lacking is a training program.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Matla, NYMay 18, 2014
Company is still in startup mode at the Malta location. Though things are starting to pick up and become exciting. The only thing that is lacking is an effective training program. New hires only receive a few days of basic industry overview before they are told to "shadow" some of their fellow employees.
Good company
Principal Application Enginner (Current Employee), Malta, NYMay 15, 2014
Good
Nice Cafeteria, salary is good

Bad
But too hot in austin.
Not a positive work environment
Photolithography Process Engineer (Former Employee), Malta, NYApril 4, 2014
Inconsistent upper management decisions causing uncertain direction and poor office environment.
New experience and working with extremely qualified people in Science Field
Senior Section Manager, PEC Team (Current Employee), Malta, New York.March 2, 2014
Pretty challenging and demanding work days. New challenges every day, very fast paced deliverables, moving priorities. Varied workforce from fresh graduates to very experienced staff. Working with people from across the work and variety of cultures.
Not for people with real work experience
Principal Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: no traffic jams on the way to work or home
Cons: expensive cafeteria, horrible parking, poorly managed, everything done 4-5 times before its done right
Poorly managed. Way too many NCG' s, with way too much say and they hire more everyday. Experienced workforce stay away, you will gain nothing but a little bit of pay. Wages seem good but not when you consider the inflated housing, food, gas, electricity, taxes, etc. costs.
Market Opportunity
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 12, 2014
The company has a tremendous market opportunity, needs to capitalize on it. Needs to also have a culture that fosters growth and motivates its current employees. A lot of good hires in the recent year or two - needs to gel together to bring to realization the opportunity that beholds in front of them.
Lack of Rules/Place is a Joke..Employees and construction workers have no respect for anything or anyone.
Tech (Former Employee), Malta, New YorkFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good looking women
Cons: unprofessional security staff. seems like an abundance of managers.
Most people here are book smart and have no common sense. Lots of money has been wasted since they have built this place.Way to many people are being overpaid that do construction here. Maybe in 10yrs. it will be a good place to work. If its still around.

1 2 3