GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Review

View all GLOBALFOUNDRIES reviews

Work Hard, Play Hard
Finance (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 9, 2013
This is a fast pace environment that is very dynamic in regards to all aspects.

Managements are hybrid of all other managements from high tech companies around the region and the world.

Other GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

Poorly managed and understaffed
Tech Specialist - Diffusion Area (Former Employee) –  East Fishkill, NYNovember 17, 2017
A typical work day is an AWS scheduled. 4 days on/4 days off, 3 days on/3 days off. 12 hour shift day and night. Learning experience was not very good as Global Foundries had taken this facility over from IBM. Global was not interested in the facility or its workforce just the technology as they had just opened a facility twice the size an hour north. IBM paid them to take it all. The first two years they began moving techs on a one year basis to their new site. The first time this happened less then a quarter of those techs came back. At the same time they kept pushing back our ramp-up starts by a year and not replacing the techs they moved out. There were also conflicting job protocols occurring. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the ever changing protocols and the fact that we were consistently being cut tech's increasing the workload on those left behind. The best part of the job were the tech's and operators who worked the floor.
Pros
Management, Conflicting job protocols, understaffed
Cons
Benefits
Global
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 16, 2017
Global was a great place to work until i needed to take time off. 2016 was a very difficult year. while i was allowed to take the time i needed in the early part of the year for family emergency i had to use sick time, all employees were required to use their vacation time at the end of the year so I had no vacation available. near the end of the year I became ill and was in and out of the hospital for a month. this is where the problem came, I no longer had the time on the books to cover the time i needed off due to illness and they began writing me up for missing too much work even with documentation from the hospital i had been in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9