GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

Globalfoundries
CVD Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Overall, this company has potential to become a large force in their industry, but their current processes and business practices seem to be holding them back.

The company makes it difficult to perform easy tasks. People spend too much time debating the correct method rather than planning/testing what methods actually work. Too much time is spent reporting out the same data in multiple meetings that very little action items rise from.

If this company can grow past the issues that have plagued it thus far, then they will become a great source of business, but they need to fix what it inherently wrong with them
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
Time wasted in meetings
A very old-school kind of place
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTDecember 18, 2016
GF is an up and coming company with lots to offer IF you have a degree. Without one there is little compensation and the hours are back-breaking. Once you are in the door, there are ways to move up, but it may take years. This is definitely a job one should consider if they are looking for something very long term.
Pros
401K, Benifits, Occassional free food
Cons
Long hours, Short breaks, Lack of Social Interactions
Poor management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 8, 2016
The management structure leaves much to be desired. For a large company there are a large amount of managers and directors that are vastly incompetent. Poorly defined jobs lead to confusion and hinder the company's ability to move forward. But the pay scale if rather high compared to other jobs in this area.
Good company to work for but it's to far for me to travel
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTDecember 6, 2016
I'm a hard worker, I've been working at Globalfoundries for a long time but it's too far for me to travel back and forth. I'm looking for somewhere near my home so that I don't have to travel far in the morning.
Treated fairly
Principal Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
I currently work there and I am paid well and enjoy my job and my co-workers. I am not comfortable saying more about a place I currently work
Globalfoundries
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 19, 2016
I love working for this company. It's so culturally diverse and super high tech. But I do not feel like everyone has a voice at this company. That's common with like every large company though. I think this place would be better off if they let a few drama queens go, but that's anywhere.

It really is an amazing job though, they just need better management.
semiconductor Industry
Intern-3D Process Simulation for Advanced Nodes (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 15, 2016
If you want to gain knowledge in semiconductor industry then GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the best place to be in. You get lot of opportunities to interact with other teams. Eventually, you tend to gain knowledge on the whole industry apart from the specific task assigned to you. The co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
Great job good co workers
Sr. Electrical Failure Analysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 4, 2016
I really like working in my area. I am owner of my work and feel accomplished at the end of the day. I have learned a few new things here but I have given more than I have received in training and knowledge . My co-workers are great and like in all places some difficult ones . The silo's is the down fall and cover up with lack of transparency make it hard to do the right things. This is due to the missing culture of the company and in some ocations the wrong leader selection. The most ejoyable part is the work that I do.
Pros
New company
Cons
Lack of culture
Average place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 3, 2016
Hardest part of the job is morale. Morale is low, and keeps getting lower. Pay is respectable, livable. Much room for improvement in the way temps are converted to permanent employees. Work/life balance is good.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Hours, work conditions
Uses motivated, energetic workers, and drains them quickly
Sr. Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 25, 2016
Company has a bright future if managed well and if they take care of employees properly.
Constantly pulled many ways in terms of priorities. They are always shifting, so this makes it tough to advance and make much progress.
Great management and coworkers are now getting rare
Pros
Job stability, opportunities for promotions
Cons
Work life balance, compensation, promotions/bonuses barely exist.
esolved clint issues
Sr. Salesforce Developer / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 20, 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various issues. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Planning to change or relocate to bay area, as family moved there.

GlobalFoundries is a great place to work at.Would definitely recommend for anyone.
Place sux
Production operator/ lead (Current Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTSeptember 14, 2016
Dont work here, Our last raise was from 12-20 cents depending on your performance. There is no room to move up, no one cares, and place might be gone soon as well, who knows, who cares
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
An interesting company in semiconductor world
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 8, 2016
I belong in a team with very friendly colleagues who are going the extra mile to help and teach me the basics when I just joined the company. Work life balance is great and there is great flexibility. Pay is another strong point here (Malta, Fab 8). My manager is super awesome and understanding. People work hard and most people are passionate about what they do. The most enjoyable part of my work is the working together with my colleagues as a team to bring this company to an even better place.
Pros
Great pay, great team, strong future potential
Cons
Work can be very challenging and you must work hard to succeed
Bad management
Yield-PI Manager / SMTS Manufacturing Technologies (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Global is the poster child for a company built from 3 non-successful companies (AMD!!!, Chartered Semi, and IBM's semi mfg division) who thought that the ppl from those bad companies would somehow make a great company.
Pros
Pay is nice, Malta fab is super new
Cons
Horrible new product group, bad accountability
Overall a good environment.
embedded Memory Functional Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 27, 2016
Very aggressive schedules and a lot of workload. People are really nice to work with and treat you with a lot of respect. Semiconductor market has always it's ups and downs but at least they are investing significantly in technology development.
Pros
Investing in Technology Development
Nice Pay, and worthwhile Benefits.
MFG Operator (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTAugust 27, 2016
Learned a great deal about my machines inside and out. Though technically employed as an operator I found myself learning from operators of a higher standard than my own as well as any chance I could to learn from maintenance, even on my off time.
Review Global Foundries
Staff Technician (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 20, 2016
Global Foundries is a semiconductor company that adheres to strict safety regulations, production and manufacturing guidelines. The semiconductor industry is a very regulated industry and global foundries is trying very hard to succeed in this industry.
I work at the GF site in Fishkill, NY and this is a very mature team of semiconductor professionals that are trying to compete with the semiconductor manufacturers in the far east which makes this very competitive.
Overall, I have no complaints regarding employment with GF.
Pros
Compensation, time off
Cons
not enough work in the fab.
A leading semiconductor foundry
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYAugust 14, 2016
Compensation is great (I'm in Malta Fab 8), combined with relatively low living cost in here, that means more bang for the buck. People in my team have work-life balance, they work hard and with passion. You'll be surrounded with people with deep experience in semiconductor industry here. A lot of opportunity and things to learn in this place. This is a young company and things were pretty turbulent in the beginning. However, they are getting better recently and it is only moving upward from now. The general feel is that morale has been improving significantly.
Pros
Young company with a lot of opportunity and potential.
Cons
You have to work hard.
Good learning experience
IT Project manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2016
Worked on IBM stepdown project for 3 months. Nice co-workers. Limited communication from top down was the only bad part.
Pros
Cons
No free medicine, limited food choices, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8