GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

not a place i recommend
MTS (Current Employee), Malta, NYAugust 3, 2015
long hours of work with limited members of company actually doing work and management that doesn't seem to care about lack of effort for 50% of work force
Orange is the new blue (IBM --> GLOBALFOUNDRIES)
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), East Fishkill NYJuly 27, 2015
The IBM Microelectronics division was divested to GLOBALFOUNDRIES. I believe the company has made efforts to compensate and integrate the new organization and start developing a global culture. It will take some time for the dust to settle and re-evaluate and submit a review.
Up and coming leaders
Expeditor/Wafer Fab Technicians (Former Employee), Malta, NYMay 18, 2015
A very new company, with a lot of young and driven workers fresh out of college. This is a great place to work if you live in New York.
Meh
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Malta, NYMay 18, 2015
Management is trying to change the culture, but are not really successful at it. There is a new challenge every day, so be ready.
Nice Location, Potential to grow
Strategy and Marketing - MBA Internship (Former Employee), Santa Clara, California, USAMay 12, 2015
It was a good working experience as intern in the company. Great people around, but bit of tedious on paper works before being recruited.
diverse culture with many ladders to climb
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Malta, NYMay 11, 2015
too many meeting take up the majority of the day, making the typical work day longer.many repetitive task that do not add value.
Filled too many core positions too quickly
MTS (Former Employee), Malta, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
The managers who joined the company when it was first started are only there because they applied at the right time. Global formed their entire core team in one or two years around 2009 to 2011. There are director level managers there with 2 year degrees who were technicians in previous jobs. They are scared every time they hire an experienced engineer, because they are afraid they will be exposed for being incompetent. Thus, only recent college graduates will be treated well, and experienced engineers will be marginalized and berated at every opportunity. The reason Global has so many available jobs is because of the attrition of experienced engineers. There are only two groups of happy people at Global: The managers who joined in 2009-2011 when the company first started, and the recent college graduates and people with no experience when they joined. There is no chance of this Titanic of a startup every being successful.
Unbelievably terrible place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: I receive a paycheck
Cons: Management, NCGs, Safety Practices
Hard workers are punished by the laziness and incompetence of co-workers and the engineers. There is a serious issue with manpower as we have been understaffed since day 1 with an unrealistic 'curve' showing how we plan to close the gap in the future. Promises are made by management only to be ignored later. We still do not have the correct safety procedures in place to prevent workers from getting hurt or killed. The pace that's been set by our manning vs production needs is running the risk of burning out the few people who still care enough to do the work. We leverage our vendors far too much for run of the mill issues and then treat them like garbage when they don't meet our insane demands. Honestly if I keep reviewing this place right now I may slit my wrists. If you're a technician avoid this place. Homeless under a bridge is a better option.
Global
CMP Plating Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: awesome work shifts, great food plenty overtime.
Cons: short breaks, smal town and 12 hour shifts.
I am very new to this industry, GlobalFoundries open arms accepted me as one of their own. Awesome experience and many things to learn. Great..
A totally different world inside
Detailer (Current Employee), Malta, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 10 minutes free time to enter and exit cleanroom
typical morning work going to do my work duty, friendly co-workers, nice supervisors, very High tech and good Secure area
"Equipment Technician"
Principal Technician Equipment Engineering (Former Employee), Malta, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: the salary was on point, it brought jobs to the area, i don't work there any more
Cons: globalfoundries
As a Principal Equipment Technician, I went to meetings for the 4 hours of my day. I spent most of my day in meetings when I wasn't in meetings I was creating power point presentations for meetings, often for meetings I wasn't in for engineers in my department because they couldn't make them as they were in meetings and we were understaffed. The management style was too hands off, when there was a problem it was most often " handle it yourself, write an email", unless it was for a "protected class, i.e. EEO then watch out for the hammer of justice, rather the axe of HR. No actual equipment maintenance was done, it was all completed by the equipment supplier, the most we were allowed to do was clear the minor recoveries as the GF employees were incompetent numpties. Engineering teams were often lead by new college grads that had a better grasp at what local bar had the better beer selection rather than what vendor had a better DPML. The most enjoyable part of the job was wondering wat drastic change had occurred between when you left for the weekend and when you came back due to some crazy knee jerk by the MGMT team.
Lots of technical and scientific challanges
Principle Engineer, Advanced Module Engineering (Current Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 31, 2015
It offers a lot of learning opportunities in a very dynamic environment. No day goes by without learning something new and intriguing which sometimes may make it difficult to keep up.
Young company with potential to grow
MTS TD Process Engineer (Former Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee and good management
Cons: some separation from the main site
Overall team I was in was young like company is, so there were some cool co-workers to spend time on weekends as well. Reasonable bonus and some potential to grow in the field.
Good work environment with some growing pains
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 13, 2015
The work environment is generally positive but a little disorganized due to lack of established management, which comes from the Malta location being fairly new compared with most companies.
A place with endless opportunities
Test Technician Engineer (Current Employee), Malta, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: compressed work week
Cons: short breaks
I am very appreciative of being apart of such an incredible company at such a young age. With little experience coming out of school, GLOBALFOUNDRIES took the chance with me and for that I am very thankful. Of coarse everyone has their own opinion, but being so young with little experience I don't have much to compare this company too.
A typical day at work can change from day to day depending on how much production is available. I've learned that you have to keep pushing yourself no matter what obstacles you encounter. As far as management goes, it is a little unorganized, but I think it is because of the company being so new and making changes along the way.
Great place to earn and learn
PRINCIPAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Malta, NYDecember 14, 2014
Leading edge technology.
Plenty of opportunity.
Great people.
Wonderful managers.
Upstate NY is a good place to stay
SMTS (Current Employee), Malta NYOctober 9, 2014
good cafeteria
bad management
still learning how to develop its own technology
Good benefit, many talented workers, but poor management
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: very poor management
It is great place to work good benefit due to poor management the company lost a lot qualified people.
just a mess
engineer (Current Employee), MaltaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: new tools
Cons: value engineering
nothing positive -- senior management, HR, facilities, IT
Horrible management
Employee (Current Employee), Malta, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: new buildings?
Cons: everything except the benefits.
A typical day is disorganized and is usually nothing more than putting out fires that were brought up to management 6 months ago.